FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Way back when, i had speculated about the possibility that a Prius was purposely rented because it would not stand out as much with the Prius parked next door, fwiw.
On a different note..
Dec 24, 2023 Court TV Podcast
Just hours after Dan Markel's murder, his ex-wife Wendi Adelson told police he was "emotionally abusive" in their last interaction together. Wendi's brother Charlie Adelson was convicted as the mastermind behind this murder-for-hire plot.
I saw this twice. I always know which Court TV’s I’ve seen by her gorgeous outfits! And I must have watched this interrogation/interview at east 4 times. Every time I catch something else.

Just had a revelation—I think Wendi did the unplanned drive by the crime scene because she was freaking out over the possibility that the hit might not be done before Dan picked up the kids from daycare. She says she was upset that Dan wanted to take the kids swimming and talked to Charlie about it during the 18 minute phone call about the broken tv.
But she never spoke to him so she knew he wasn’t picking up the kids. And that was at 3 PM. (He was to pick up the kids).I think she had to relay it to the family that he was killed. It could have been that they didn’t “finish” the hit. She already had the ABC stop planned imo so that was “on the way”. I’m concerned about the time she left her house bc her house was at least 15 minutes from Dans. So it would be hard to do all she did in 30 minutes. The time was always earlier in other trials (12:15). It only makes a difference bc SG called Katie at 12:30, and saying Wendi didn’t leave her house till 12:30 doesn’t leave time for her to contact any of them before SG did.
I am suspicious of the time they are now saying she left the house.
originally Wendi said she left at 12:00.

This crowdsourcing of the information is amazing. And now we have YouTubers writing Probable Cause Affadavits! (Madness and Motive on YouTube). Also, if you read back through this thread back in 2016-2018 (totally fascinating but it is basically an entire BOOK)- there were people going over the discovery- and there were listed witness names ("Category A") in Tallahassee who have never been called to testify, and whose role has never been explained. I wonder if there are some eyewitnesses to some of these issues being discussed. Just a hunch.

But she never spoke to him so she knew he wasn’t picking up the kids. And that was at 3 PM. (He was to pick up the kids).I think she had to relay it to the family that he was killed. It could have been that they didn’t “finish” the hit. She already had the ABC stop planned imo so that was “on the way”. I’m concerned about the time she left her house bc her house was at least 15 minutes from Dans. So it would be hard to do all she did in 30 minutes. The time was always earlier in other trials (12:15). It only makes a difference bc SG called Katie at 12:30, and saying Wendi didn’t leave her house till 12:30 doesn’t leave time for her to contact any of them before SG did.
I am suspicious of the time they are now saying she left the house.
originally Wendi said she left at 12:00.
Wendi in the police interrogation says she was upset bc Dan wanted to take the kids swimming even though it was her day to pick up. She then says that Charlie told her to just let him do it in the 18 minute phone call. I think Wendi was communicating with Dan about the swimming via text.

Wendi in the police interrogation says she was upset bc Dan wanted to take the kids swimming even though it was her day to pick up. She then says that Charlie told her to just let him do it in the 18 minute phone call. I think Wendi was communicating with Dan about the swimming via text.
I would add that Wendi wasn’t going to rely on Dan simply not picking up her call when it comes to her kids’ safety and she can’t call him multiple times bc that would be suspicious. So she drives by to make sure.

I know that. That wasnt the point i was making. My point was about her possibly calling Charlie to let him know the hit happened (on a burner possibly). She also said she called C to discuss whether she should get the TV fixed or get a new one (after being told it couldnt be fixed). She added the “I was upset Dan wanted to take the kids swimming”. As if that would upset her.
But my point on mentioning the time was that if it took 15 min’s to get to the crime scene and 15min to get to Mozaik, thats cutting it very close -to make phone calls, text her friends, go to ABC, possibly get gas.

Does anyone have a map of where specifically Wendi turned around and where Dan’s house was? Did she turn around right at the police tape?
There are 4 accounts of Trescott
Isom- she was on Trescott and on Dans street when she saw the tape and turned.
trial 1 She never turned onto Trescott and saw the tape from Centerville (impossible)
Trial 2 - back to her Isom account
Trial 3 -Back to her Trial 1 account,

Based on her history, for Donnas trial she will be back to original Isom account!

I know that. That wasnt the point i was making. My point was about her possibly calling Charlie to let him know the hit happened (on a burner possibly). She also said she called C to discuss whether she should get the TV fixed or get a new one (after being told it couldnt be fixed). She added the “I was upset Dan wanted to take the kids swimming”. As if that would upset her.
But my point on mentioning the time was that if it took 15 min’s to get to the crime scene and 15min to get to Mozaik, thats cutting it very close -to make phone calls, text her friends, go to ABC, possibly get gas.
My point is that she was upset about Dan taking the kids swimming because it put them potentially at risk. Absent that, why would she be in such a hurry to get confirmation of the hit? Surely she’d get informed in short order. Payment wasn’t going to be due for 7 hours bc the hitmen had to drive back to south Florida. Dan’s desire to take the kids swimming led to her panicking and driving to the crime scene to confirm. That was offscript and that’s what Charlie is complaint about so much.

Yes, she reads the texts to Isom during the interview. It’s a conversation with Dan about the swimming, it occurs around 9:15.

Does anyone have a map of where specifically Wendi turned around and where Dan’s house was? Did she turn around right at the police tape?
She says in the police interview that she drove down Trescott, saw the tape and turned around. She has told different stories about how far down Trescott she drove, but she has always said she saw the tape. In the police interview, she says she saw houses blocked off but “I didn’t even think, ‘that’s the house‘“. To me this suggests that she knew, at least at the time she said this, that the tape was blocking “the house,“ (Dan’s house).

Last edited:
She was picking up the kids at 4.30PM? Was WA having to delay this because DM was taking them swimming? Or was he taking them swimming before 4.30PM and she would pick up as normal.

She was picking up the kids at 4.30PM? Was WA having to delay this because DM was taking them swimming? Or was he taking them swimming before 4.30PM and she would pick up as normal.
It’s a little hard for me to understand. My impression is that he had the kids the night before, because it was “his week.” She was supposed to pick them up from school to start “her week.” At some point he told her via text that he wanted to take them swimming after school. She says in the police interview that she left him a message at 11:42 saying she would see him at 4:30 when he would drop the kids off to her after having taken them swimming.

Later in her police interview she said she had a text conversation with him the morning of the murder. She says she told him she wanted to pick them up at 3. She says he responded that she is not supposed to get the kids to start “her week” until 4:30.

It could be that she was planning to pick them up from school at 4:30 (or even before), but then he texted her to let her know that he was going to take them swimming and then bring them to her at 4:30 when “her week” was supposed to start. She then said she wanted to pick them up earlier.

Last edited:
It’s a little hard for me to understand. My impression is that he had the kids the night before, because it was “his week.” She was supposed to pick them up from school to start “her week.” At some point he told her via text that he wanted to take them swimming after school. She says in the police interview that she left him a message at 11:42 saying she would see him at 4:30 when he would drop the kids off to her after having taken them swimming.

Later in her police interview she said she had a text conversation with him the morning of the murder. She says she told him she wanted to pick them up at 3. She says he responded that she is not supposed to get the kids to start “her week” until 4:30.

It could be that she was planning to pick them up from school at 4:30 (or even before), but then he texted her to let her know that he was going to take them swimming and then bring them to her at 4:30 when “her week” was supposed to start. She then said she wanted to pick them up earlier.
That's strange and confusing. I've been separated 6 years and it's crystal clear what our arrangement is. I drop kids at school on Monday 8am, ex picks them at 3.30PM to start her week. School holidays kids get dropped to hers at 8am instead of school. Not sure why DM and WA were messing around with arrangements especially when there was so much animosity. That is when you have to stick strictly to the times and days with zero flexibility. You have flexibility when you are amicable.

My point is that she was upset about Dan taking the kids swimming because it put them potentially at risk. Absent that, why would she be in such a hurry to get confirmation of the hit? Surely she’d get informed in short order.
Don't think this had anything to do with the kids swimming. I think the days leading up to the murder she would have had a massive increase in her stress levels, probably not sleeping, cortisol, adrenaline flowing through her body on the day of the murder and just was not able to control herself. She had to drive to the crime scene to confirm he was dead as I would imagine her co-conspirators would have had the common sense to maintain some level of "radio silence" at the time of the murder. She's sitting at home, desperate to know what is going on....

That's strange and confusing. I've been separated 6 years and it's crystal clear what our arrangement is. I drop kids at school on Monday 8am, ex picks them at 3.30PM to start her week. School holidays kids get dropped to hers at 8am instead of school. Not sure why DM and WA were messing around with arrangements especially when there was so much animosity. That is when you have to stick strictly to the times and days with zero flexibility. You have flexibility when you are amicable.
Also supposedly he bent when she wanted the kids on his days but she didn’t reciprocate

My point is that she was upset about Dan taking the kids swimming because it put them potentially at risk. Absent that, why would she be in such a hurry to get confirmation of the hit? Surely she’d get informed in short order. Payment wasn’t going to be due for 7 hours bc the hitmen had to drive back to south Florida. Dan’s desire to take the kids swimming led to her panicking and driving to the crime scene to confirm. That was offscript and that’s what Charlie is complaint about so much.
It could be bc the guys (SG and LR) hadn’t called Katie for one and an half hours after the hit. And they all knew it . Their (the guys )phones were turned off. The only way to confirm was Wendi driving by. Maybe the drive by wasn’t pre planned and why she didn’t take a shower. They guys just took too long to call Katie and say they did it

For sure she was upset when Dan had texted her that he was going to pick up the kids at school at 3 to go swimming. She seemed to think the kids would be at school until she picked them up from school. If she knew about the hit, she was freaked that they could be in the line of fire... she said that Charlie calmed her down about the 3 pm swim pick up, but the freak out/calming down never made sense -- why would she be so upset about a swim?? Knowing about the hit would explain her upset. Anyway, if she knew about the hit she probably thought Charlie was being way too dismissive of her concerns, and went to Trescott to calm herself down and see first-hand that the kids were going to be safe, but she didn't tell Charlie. JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member