FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you suppose the bourbon is highlighted? Do you agree that is odd? Here in Florida you can get wine at Publix,a supermarket usually within a mile. the invite says you can bring anything.She could have gotten wine or anything . Most Publix have a liquor store right next to the supermarket. Not sure the one by Mozaic did.

top left - tag ' Bring Bulleit ( caps lock) .... or your favourite....' ( the image which I posted on this page)

Second, the state already presented a map showing the proximity of the Publix , see screenshot of trial demonstrative below Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 12.17.47.png

Last edited:
Why do you suppose the bourbon is highlighted? Do you agree that is odd? Here in Florida you can get wine at Publix,a supermarket usually within a mile. the invite says you can bring anything.She could have gotten wine or anything . Most Publix have a liquor store right next to the supermarket. Not sure the one by Mozaic did.
I would presume that each invite had a different bottle of alcohol on it: bourbon, gin, tequila, etc. Just so the recipient doesn't end up with a half dozen bottles of vodka.

And this may be an assumption on my part, but to me a "Stock the Bar" invite is a request for liquor, not wine. When people refer to their home bar don't they generally mean their liquor cabinet? Also, to "stock" something would mean to be able to have a supply of it available for the long-term. The average bottle of wine holds about five glasses worth and once opened needs to be drunk within a couple of days to prevent the wine from oxidizing. A liquor bottle holds roughly 12 drinks and will last indefinitely.

I do think it's gauche to request a particular brand of alcohol, but that's on the couple throwing the party.

The Publix liquors near Mozaik is a small, narrow store front staffed by part time employees. The ABC on Thomasville is a huge, bright store staffed with people knowledgeable about liquor/wine. It has a much broader range of products.

It's completely reasonable for a non-drinker to not be aware of the small Publix store and/or prefer to go to a much nicer store. I spent many years as a heavy drinker- but if I was buying a gift, that ABC is one of two stores in Tallahassee that I would consider.

I also prefer Trescott to Betton if I have to get from Centerville to Thomasville. It's a more pleasant ride- less lights, traffic, pedestrians. Betton also gets backed up at the Thomasville light and taking Trescott can let you make a right turn into the line of cars (if someone will let you in).

I'm not trying to defend WA. But I think way too much has been made about her choice of liquor stores and route.

Trial demonstrative 2. Corbett testimony.
The second ABC store, closer to Wendi's ( 5 miles) and closer to Mozaik in 2014.

Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 13.26.22.png

Trial demonstrative 3. Corbett testimony. Total mileage actual route vs route to Publix/Market Square Liquors near MozaikScreenshot 2023-12-28 at 13.31.01.png

The route was a key piece of the State's theory of the case and will be again at Donna's - the choice of Bulleit wasn't one of Georgia's keystones.

Last edited:
I swear I'm not trying to defend her, but that store was fairly new in 2014 and is on the north side of town, the opposite direction of her old house, FSU, etc. And that area developed so quickly, it was/is hard to keep track of what has opened and closed up there.

Trial demonstrative 2. Corbett testimony.
The second ABC store, closer to Wendi's ( 5 miles) and closer to Mosaik in 2014.

View attachment 470619

Trial demonstrative 3. Corbett testimony. Total mileage actual route vs route to Publix/Market Square Liquors near MozaikView attachment 470625

The route was a key piece of the State's theory of the case and will be again at Donna's - the choice of Bulleit wasn't one of Georgia's keystones.

I don't put too much stock in her driving to the ABC Liquors closest to Trescott as she may have known that store from a prior visit. If Wendi has no sense of direction and was accustomed to using GPS, there is zero chance the GPS would have taken her down Trescott. Plain and simple, she went down Trescott to see if the job was done.

MOO

The alternate liquor store that would have been an obvious alternative for her would be the Market Square Liquors at 1415 Timberlane. It's locally owned, active in the community, and is staffed by experts. The nicest seafood market in town is next door, it's a 50ish year old shopping center and prominent in the community- I'm confident she was very aware of Market Square.

Rewatching parts of her interview some of her chit chat with the victim advocate is so awkward and weird tone swings from lighthearted to sudden “grief”.

I find it weird that WA is asking the advocate’s advice for stuff like can I call this person back or how should I word this text. She wasn’t under arrest, she should have been able to call who she wanted as I’m sure she well knew. I get the sense WA may have been trying to be as ingratiating and performatively cooperative as possible until she could get the heck out of the police station.

Ironic when he victim advocate talks to WA about all the support she will be providing for WA in the future when with hindsight we know WA probably never once spoke to her again once she left the station.
In my opinion that behavior also showed a tremendous degree of self-involvement. This is a person who has been separated from Dan for almost two years. To me she is acting as though she is the widow and this is a terrible tragedy that has happened to HER. I do understand that it is her kids’ father. But to me her behavior demonstrates an outsized concern for herself, and what SHE should do, and how so many people know about this and are calling HER. The interview over the course of five hours becomes all about HER, in my opinion, and she seems to me to be enjoying the attention and even the opportunity to present “her side“ of the divorce and other material she wants to get across (JMO).

I'd also missed that she says that @Mariposa but noticed recently that the official invite says ' backyard gathering' with ' games' 6.30-8.30pm

right at the bottom, under the graphic of the bottle
(screenshot from Mentour Lawyer's channelView attachment 470589
I’m not sure where, but the word “couples” should have an apostrophe, I think, and it’s bothering me.

Is it a shower for a couple (A couple’s shower?)

A shower for couples/a shower couples typically have (A couples’ shower?).

“Couples shower” means what, exactly? A shower of couples?

Sorry.

I don't put too much stock in her driving to the ABC Liquors closest to Trescott as she may have known that store from a prior visit. If Wendi has no sense of direction and was accustomed to using GPS, there is zero chance the GPS would have taken her down Trescott. Plain and simple, she went down Trescott to see if the job was done.

MOO
I don't recollect Wendi claiming in Trial Three anything about her customarily using GPS that day or any other day but by the time Wendi testifies again, likely she'll be on her fifth conflicting version of her Trescott drive-by

I suppose at Donna's trial Georgia and Sarah could ditch all their demonstratives on alternative and faster routes and just simply make the bald assertion to the jury instead of using pinned maps but I doubt they will.

------------------------------------------------
Anyway...to circle back to the original post, we're running out of incriminating details on the Stock The Bar party ( the purpose of me the posting the images)

- a backyard gathering 6.30-8.30 with games probably doesn't need a babysitter booking
- an invitation specifically requesting '...BULLEIT or your favourite' probably explains the choice
- we're only left with one item that Georgia can sell to this jury about her booze-shopping - a cover excuse to route towards Dan's home

Last edited:
She would have had adrenaline and cortisol racing around her body. For someone with no criminal background and no history of violence, to have been involved in murdering someone would have been extremely emotional for her. There's no way she sat there through lunch looking composed and acting normally. She would have been all over the place. Crying, laughing, not eating, drinking too much. Her lunch dates would have noticed something.
Assuming hypothetically that she was involved or knew in advance about the murder, it still might not have been apparent to the lunch companions, because her conduct to date including at the police interview and at three trials suggests to me that she is a very good actress.

Last edited:
The Bourbon is not highlighted, it is specifically requested on the little sheet tied to the invitation. She was tasked with bringing that type of bourbon.

I assume that for this type of party, each guest is told to bring a specific type of liquor so that the bar in the marital home will end up fully “stocked” with everything the newlyweds would “need.” The liquor wasn’t for guests to drink at the party itself, in which case you could theoretically bring anything.

(Not that any home “needs” a fully -stocked bar, but maybe some couples already have pots and pans so they do this instead.)

MOO
According to Charlie in one of the calls, she has such a bad sense of direction that in order to go to the one liquor store she remembered (because she hardly ever drinks), she had to actually go to her old house and orient herself and then drive to the liquor store from there. Of course, his explanation for the drive by is constantly evolving throughout these calls. But that is one explanation he gives, that she only knew the way there from starting at her old house, so she had to go there first.

The alternate liquor store that would have been an obvious alternative for her would be the Market Square Liquors at 1415 Timberlane. It's locally owned, active in the community, and is staffed by experts. The nicest seafood market in town is next door, it's a 50ish year old shopping center and prominent in the community- I'm confident she was very aware of Market Square.
I believe her lunch restaurant was at or near the Market Square shopping plaza, and there was a Publix there as well.

According to Charlie in one of the calls, she has such a bad sense of direction that in order to go to the one liquor store she remembered (because she hardly ever drinks), she had to actually go to her old house and orient herself and then drive to the liquor store from there. Of course, his explanation for the drive by is constantly evolving throughout these calls. But that is one explanation he gives, that she only knew the way there from starting at her old house, so she had to go there first.
She can adopt that as her version 6 for Trial 4. Almost two years after moving out of Trescott she could only think of one store and that she still has to use the house as her starting position to get her bearings.

Or what about a new version? I didn't turn down Trescott and so I totally lost my bearings, so much so that I had to ask the person I was on the phone with ( Jeff Skopek in Cambridge, England) how I could possibly now find my way to ABC, could he help me? Just kidding.

I don't recollect Wendi claiming in Trial Three anything about her customarily using GPS that day or any other day but by the time Wendi testifies again, likely she'll be on her fifth conflicting version of her Trescott drive-by

I suppose at Donna's trial Georgia and Sarah could ditch all their demonstratives on alternative and faster routes and just simply make the bald assertion to the jury instead of using pinned maps but I doubt they will.

------------------------------------------------
Anyway...to circle back to the original post, we're running out of incriminating details on the Stock The Bar party ( the purpose of me the posting the images)

- a backyard gathering 6.30-8.30 with games probably doesn't need a babysitter booking
- an invitation specifically requesting '...BULLEIT or your favourite' probably explains the choice
- we're only left with one item that Georgia can sell to this jury about her booze-shopping - a cover excuse to route towards Dan's home
In my opinion that is exactly what it was. It’s not so much that there isn’t a reasonable explanation for choosing that store, people have raised several. To me, it’s the fact that she gave several different explanations for choosing that route through three trials and even at different times during her interview at the police station. And now, on the calls, Charlie gives several different explanations as well as he seems to me to be coming to terms with this drive by and the effect he believes it had on the jury. Speaking generally and not about anyone in this particular case, people who are telling the truth do not need to remember what they said before.

Last edited:
The Publix liquors near Mozaik is a small, narrow store front staffed by part time employees. The ABC on Thomasville is a huge, bright store staffed with people knowledgeable about liquor/wine. It has a much broader range of products.

It's completely reasonable for a non-drinker to not be aware of the small Publix store and/or prefer to go to a much nicer store. I spent many years as a heavy drinker- but if I was buying a gift, that ABC is one of two stores in Tallahassee that I would consider.

I also prefer Trescott to Betton if I have to get from Centerville to Thomasville. It's a more pleasant ride- less lights, traffic, pedestrians. Betton also gets backed up at the Thomasville light and taking Trescott can let you make a right turn into the line of cars (if someone will let you in).

I'm not trying to defend WA. But I think way too much has been made about her choice of liquor stores and route.

1. As mentioned at trial, Market Square Liquors is 100 yards from Mozaik, the restaurant she had lunch at.You say above that everyone in town knows about Market Square Liquors...

2. The trip was taken in July- since you're obviously familiar with Tallahassee, you know that it's practically a ghost-town in the summer- during mid-afternoon on a weekday, there is absolutely no traffic on Thomasville. This is demonstrable with Waze or similar mapping/traffic software.

3. I looked it up on Google Maps. There aren't multiple stoplights between Centerville/Trescott and Centerville/Betton- there is just the one at Betton, where you can turn right.

4. If you listen to the jail calls, CA is outraged that she drove past the crime scene. He doesn't seem to agree with your post at all.

But, sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members