FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FERPO Thank you, thank you, thank you for linking the video!! (Hubby was so upset while I was listening to this last night. Put a pillow over his head at first...then he became as interested as me.) Ironically Jared Ross's spouse is a criminal appeals attorney...go figure. When asked if CA was a golden child, he immediately says, "No." "I think Wendi has always been the golden child." (IMO the gold leaf tiara is beginning to show some wear.) CA was the one child who never ventured further than 200 miles from home in obtaining his professional degrees. He even went into the same profession and worked in the same office as his parents. even purchasing his father's practice at one point. And yet, DA lamenting how bad things are going for her, (parphrasing) "I have a son who doesn't talk to me, a son sentenced to prison, and the daughter, I love won't talk to me!!"
Talk about reality smacking you in the face. (Uh, only momentarily) DA still has an ace up her sleeve, IMO.
Sure she is upset with WA, but secretly still knows how to control her. Drumroll please... “I didn’t have the heart to tell him that you never called us,” Donna Adelson said. “Everyone looks to protect you. I bet you’ve got a lot to think about.”
Oh wow. Did DA (imo) just made a veiled threat to WA? ie: Big Momma just threw down the gauntlet. Ya' better come down off your high horse missy, cuz' we can bring you down, if we choose to no longer protect you????
So who will DA ultimately pick...Her loyal son or her disloyal daughter?
She didn’t even say “a son in prison.” She said “a son who is basically dead,” or words to that effect.

FERPO Thank you, thank you, thank you for linking the video!! (Hubby was so upset while I was listening to this last night. Put a pillow over his head at first...then he became as interested as me.) Ironically Jared Ross's spouse is a criminal appeals attorney...go figure. When asked if CA was a golden child, he immediately says, "No." "I think Wendi has always been the golden child." (IMO the gold leaf tiara is beginning to show some wear.) CA was the one child who never ventured further than 200 miles from home in obtaining his professional degrees. He even went into the same profession and worked in the same office as his parents. even purchasing his father's practice at one point. And yet, DA lamenting how bad things are going for her, (parphrasing) "I have a son who doesn't talk to me, a son sentenced to prison, and the daughter, I love won't talk to me!!"
Talk about reality smacking you in the face. (Uh, only momentarily) DA still has an ace up her sleeve, IMO.
Sure she is upset with WA, but secretly still knows how to control her. Drumroll please... “I didn’t have the heart to tell him that you never called us,” Donna Adelson said. “Everyone looks to protect you. I bet you’ve got a lot to think about.”
Oh wow. Did DA (imo) just made a veiled threat to WA? ie: Big Momma just threw down the gauntlet. Ya' better come down off your high horse missy, cuz' we can bring you down, if we choose to no longer protect you????
So who will DA ultimately pick...Her loyal son or her disloyal daughter?
No idea about who flips on whom- if anybody - or how there isn't great risk for both WA or DA in attempting it but anyway, down to more clarifying mundane details.....

what I don't understand about that call - Nov 6th - is whether Donna was at Wendi's ' last night'
Does Donna say she was or is she relaying George's comment that he was?

she also says that she'd expected Wendi to come racing round once the verdict came in - so Wendi hadn't previously been refusing to discuss Charlie's trial?

( Ignore the subtitles which are misleading) 19:21 ish

PS same call ' close to being dead'

Last edited:
No idea about who flips on whom- if anybody - or how there isn't great risk for both WA or DA in attempting it but anyway, down to more clarifying mundane details.....

what I don't understand about that call - Nov 6th - is whether Donna was at Wendi's ' last night'
Does Donna say she was or is she relaying George's comment that he was?

she also says that she'd expected Wendi to come racing round once the verdict came in - so Wendi hadn't previously been refusing to discuss Charlie's trial?

( Ignore the subtitles which are misleading) 19:21 ish

PS same call ' close to being dead'
Maybe I'm not hearing it right but I hear Donna say that she "was over there last night". I thought she meant she was at Wendi's and that she talked to George at Wendi's place. I think Donna is saying that Wendi has always refused to talk about the case. It seems Donna thought that since the case was "over" i.e., a verdict came in, that Wendi would feel more free to talk, but based on this recording it seems that Wendi's stance hasn't changed and she still doesn't want to talk. My opinion is that Donna just doesn't get it. Wendi is protecting herself legally -- she doesn't want to talk to Donna about Charlie or how he is or about wills/extradition countries because it can all bleed so easily into the case. JMO.

Re this JAFCO event with Ruth Markel. The last audience member to ask a question was a former Adelson Institute dental hygienist who worked there until 2013. She talked a little about her interactions with the Adelsons and Dan.

Wonder if this is the same hygienist who's also on tomorrow's show? If it is, sounds like she'll have a lot to say
Dec 27, 2023 #BestGuests #STSNation
Welcome to another episode of Surviving The Survivor, the podcast that brings you the #BestGuests in all of true crime. And...this episode is no different.In this special taping, STS takes you BTS of a live event in South Florida. JAFCO hosted Perspectives of Trial Life and invited STS Host Joel Waldman along with Ruth Markel, Dennis Murphy and Dave Aronberg to discuss the Dan Markel story and the long journey for trial, the families involved and the community rallying behind them.

Sorry if I’ve missed this but does anyone know who was supposed to watch the kids that night when WA was attending the stock the bar party?
I swear I’ve watched all of the police interview video but I don’t think it’s ever specified.

So odd, can't find it this morning, so would appreciate if someone can insert the link.... I watched an episode of STS and the entire (and riveting!!!) show was with a man who is now an attorney/lobbyist in Tallahassee. His name is Jared Ross. Attended high school with CA & WA, a year of law school with WA and knew DM & WA socially. By far the best information/insight I have heard in along time. He is a verbal scalpel who calls out WA's BS
on various testimonies. He didn't want to believe she was involved but the tide turned as he listened to her on the stand. He even attended part of CA's trial and CA commented to DR, "I went to high school with that guy."
For instance, WA's propensity to "use other people's situations" and make them her own to gain sympathy. Her father was not a brain cancer survivor that she wanted to take hiking to Machu Pichu!!! That was someone else, but she "borrowed" the story from another person's actual situation. Her BS about her circuitous drive to the liquor store, from a local's perspective. I have "peripherally suspected" after hearing JL...WA can not stand for anyone to see her as less than perfect. I believe a large part of wanting to leave Tally was the inability to balance "how she wanted to be viewed" vs "how things were occurring in her contentious divorce." JL used the word, decompensate. ( I called it an off-the-wall temper tantrum. I didn't know the definition then. But that is why JL is a professor/expert...he knew it was more than just a passing issue.) "Decompensate is a verb that means to lose the ability to maintain normal or appropriate psychological defenses, sometimes resulting in depression, anxiety, or delusions."
As always...this crime is horrible.
This makes sense. Narcissists are play actors. If by chance anyone find them out and exposes them, their mask is removed.
Perhaps that happened with that last fight between Wendi and Jeffrey.
Whatever image she had projected was failing her.
On to the next victim.

Maybe I'm not hearing it right but I hear Donna say that she "was over there last night". I thought she meant she was at Wendi's and that she talked to George at Wendi's place. I think Donna is saying that Wendi has always refused to talk about the case. It seems Donna thought that since the case was "over" i.e., a verdict came in, that Wendi would feel more free to talk, but based on this recording it seems that Wendi's stance hasn't changed and she still doesn't want to talk. My opinion is that Donna just doesn't get it. Wendi is protecting herself legally -- she doesn't want to talk to Donna about Charlie or how he is or about wills/extradition countries because it can all bleed so easily into the case. JMO.
It IS the case. The issue of extradition/flight is directly related to Donna and an attempt to avoid apprehension by law enforcement. Donna seems to me to believe “the case” is the one against Charlie. But for the state, “the case” is the murder itself, and they have been very clear that they intend for all of those responsible to face justice.

Sorry if I’ve missed this but does anyone know who was supposed to watch the kids that night when WA was attending the stock the bar party?
I swear I’ve watched all of the police interview video but I don’t think it’s ever specified.
There has been considerable debate about that in this and other forums. To my knowledge she doesn’t say in her police interview anything about plans for the kids for the evening. It is possible that the party was an informal summer gathering and she planned to bring the kids. Who knows.

There has been considerable debate about that in this and other forums. To my knowledge she doesn’t say in her police interview anything about plans for the kids for the evening. It is possible that the party was an informal summer gathering and she planned to bring the kids. Who knows.
Thanks! Now I see she apparently did make a reference around the 7:46 pm timestamp on the video to “be ready for this party tonight with the boys”.

Thanks! Now I see she apparently did make a reference around the 7:46 pm timestamp on the video to “be ready for this party tonight with the boys”.
I did notice that at the beginning of the interview she says she didn’t have time to shower, but then later she says she had been planning to go home and shower after lunch to be ready for the party. This seems to be an inconsistency, it jumped out at me.

I did notice that at the beginning of the interview she says she didn’t have time to shower, but then later she says she had been planning to go home and shower after lunch to be ready for the party. This seems to be an inconsistency, it jumped out at me.
Rewatching parts of her interview some of her chit chat with the victim advocate is so awkward and weird tone swings from lighthearted to sudden “grief”.

I find it weird that WA is asking the advocate’s advice for stuff like can I call this person back or how should I word this text. She wasn’t under arrest, she should have been able to call who she wanted as I’m sure she well knew. I get the sense WA may have been trying to be as ingratiating and performatively cooperative as possible until she could get the heck out of the police station.

Ironic when he victim advocate talks to WA about all the support she will be providing for WA in the future when with hindsight we know WA probably never once spoke to her again once she left the station.

It IS the case. The issue of extradition/flight is directly related to Donna and an attempt to avoid apprehension by law enforcement. Donna seems to me to believe “the case” is the one against Charlie. But for the state, “the case” is the murder itself, and they have been very clear that they intend for all of those responsible to face justice.
Oh definitely. That's what I meant about Donna not getting it. She really is blind. Emotion has taken over. Wendi was correctly staying away. JMO.

Rewatching parts of her interview some of her chit chat with the victim advocate is so awkward and weird tone swings from lighthearted to sudden “grief”.
She would have had adrenaline and cortisol racing around her body. For someone with no criminal background and no history of violence, to have been involved in murdering someone would have been extremely emotional for her. There's no way she sat there through lunch looking composed and acting normally. She would have been all over the place. Crying, laughing, not eating, drinking too much. Her lunch dates would have noticed something.

Why do you suppose the bourbon is highlighted? Do you agree that is odd? Here in Florida you can get wine at Publix,a supermarket usually within a mile. the invite says you can bring anything.She could have gotten wine or anything . Most Publix have a liquor store right next to the supermarket. Not sure the one by Mozaic did.

Last edited:
Re this JAFCO event with Ruth Markel. The last audience member to ask a question was a former Adelson Institute dental hygienist who worked there until 2013. She talked a little about her interactions with the Adelsons and Dan.

Wonder if this is the same hygienist who's also on tomorrow's show? If it is, sounds like she'll have a lot to say
They say the one on the show is a traveling hygienist. It was mentioned somewhere that Charlie traveled with someone on his appointments. I heard that recently. So it would not be the same person I’d think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo