FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many males find Wendi to be very attractive physically and that alone would outweigh all of the negative baggage for a large number of men. Sure, that's an indictment of many shallow men, but it is the truth. Beyond that, her notoriety itself would be appealing to some men. Some like the notion of dating a "bad" girl and would actually consider her involvement in the crime to be a plus. Others psychologically will be disposed to accept her claim of innocence on its face and find the prospect of defending her appealing. In the UK serial killer Joanna Dennehy receives love letters daily. Maxim ran a poll on the hottest female murderers (Cynthia Coffman won) and many readers professed a willingness and desire to go on a date. Lizzie Borden, Casey Anthony, and Jodi Arias all have had no shortage of male suitors penning love letters and proposals. There is no question that women comprise the majority of those with hybristophilia, but evil female hotties will always be able to have their dance card filled.
I agree. And i think of two examples.

Karla Homolka had been incarcerated for the kidnapping, torturing, raping and killing of 2 teenagers along with Paul Bernardo. They had also raped Karla's own sister. After her release from prison Karla got married and had two kids with the brother of her lawyer (!)

There is also bodycam footage online of Casey Anthony in a bar, after she called the cops over and argument she had with another woman. Casey revealed to the cops that the argument was over a man she was dating. And that man is a police officer (!)

Last edited:
Looking at comments posted elsewhere I noticed that it's claimed that Wendi testified that she used whatsapp with her clients for the legal clinic while she was working at FSU.
No links were supplied so IDK if it's true.

Anybody recall hearing that at trial? ( I don't)

My thoughts .. it says "stock the bar for their wedding" .. so maybe they were having a special drink for their wedding. Like a "bride and groom" drink. They usually have some cute little name attached to the drink. Maybe they were going to have bourbon shots or some kind of special mix drink that uses their favorite bourbon?
I believe it was a couples’ shower. A party where the guests were supposed to each bring a different type of liquor to “stock the bar” for the newlyweds’ home. Not to drink at the party or the wedding Itself.

I think it’s like a shower, but instead of housewares, people are told to buy them liquor. Apparently this is a thing. Wendi was told to bring the bourbon they wanted for their home bar. Like a registry item.

About the varying explanations for the Trescott route, one thing she told Isom was: she drove down Trescott as a way to emotionally deal with her divorce. Has that weird explanation ever been brought up at the trials? I’m thinking no but with three sets of WA trial testimony I’m unsure.
I don’t believe she’s offered that one at any trial.

In my opinion that particular explanation sounds scripted and patently false, given what we know about the divorce. She doesn’t produce it in the interview until around the third time she is asked about this drive. Possibly she felt that she needed something better than the explanations she had already given, since Isom kept asking.

Isom is good, he keeps asking, and as I watch, it looks to me like she says something different each time. Cops know what they are doing. Isom may have sensed something fishy about this drive by (she mentions it very quickly in the interview).

Remember, the cops at the scene had been told to be on the lookout for her car, and a similar car had been spotted at the scene. It is possible Isom knew this going in to the interview. Charlie may be correct in his assessment that Wendi’s decision to take this route, and the difficulty in explaining why, was a major problem in this case. (Not that there isn’t ample other evidence, in my opinion, against Charlie, of course).

I think her "use immunity" does bar the State from using her testimony about Trescott against her if she's tried for a crime other than perjury.
No, it does not. She can be impeached if she lies. Anything she testified to TRUTHFULLY on the stand can’t be used against her. That’s my understanding.

The idea behind use immunity is that if the state makes you testify (by issuing a subpoena), they can’t then turn around and use what you say against you. That’s not fair. (If the defense called her, she wouldn’t have had immunity, because the defense doesn’t have the power to offer that to her. In that case she would have taken the fifth, I imagine. That’s why if the state actually needed her to say anything, they had to be the ones to call her and they had to offer her this deal).

But if the state offers you this deal, and then you get up there and lie, all bets are off. They’re not bound by their promise of immunity, because that also wouldn’t be fair. Because they have made you testify, they are obligated to offer you immunity. But because they have offered you immunity, you are obligated to tell them the truth. It’s a double promise that works both ways.

I believe it was a couples’ shower. A party where the guests were supposed to each bring a different type of liquor to “stock the bar” for the newlyweds’ home. Not to drink at the party or the wedding Itself.

I think it’s like a shower, but instead of housewares, people are told to buy them liquor. Apparently this is a thing. Wendi was told to bring the bourbon they wanted for their home bar. Like a registry item.
Are you sure she was specifically told to bring bourbon? Bc the invite says the bourbon OR “your favorite wine or spirits”.

No, it does not. She can be impeached if she lies. Anything she testified to TRUTHFULLY on the stand can’t be used against her. That’s my understanding.

The idea behind use immunity is that if the state makes you testify (by issuing a subpoena), they can’t then turn around and use what you say against you. That’s not fair. (If the defense called her, she wouldn’t have had immunity, because the defense doesn’t have the power to offer that to her. In that case she would have taken the fifth, I imagine. That’s why if the state actually needed her to say anything, they had to be the ones to call her and they had to offer her this deal).

But if the state offers you this deal, and then you get up there and lie, all bets are off. They’re not bound by their promise of immunity, because that also wouldn’t be fair. Because they have made you testify, they are obligated to offer you immunity. But because they have offered you immunity, you are obligated to tell them the truth. It’s a double promise that works both ways.
GC was on STS over a year ago explaining The immunity. She said she has immunity unless she lies.
its about halfway through the interview JW had with her.

I don’t believe she’s offered that one at any trial.

In my opinion that particular explanation sounds scripted and patently false, given what we know about the divorce. She doesn’t produce it in the interview until around the third time she is asked about this drive. Possibly she felt that she needed something better than the explanations she had already given, since Isom kept asking.

Isom is good, he keeps asking, and as I watch, it looks to me like she says something different each time. Cops know what they are doing. Isom may have sensed something fishy about this drive by (she mentions it very quickly in the interview).

Remember, the cops at the scene had been told to be on the lookout for her car, and a similar car had been spotted at the scene. It is possible Isom knew this going in to the interview. Charlie may be correct in his assessment that Wendi’s decision to take this route, and the difficulty in explaining why, was a major problem in this case. (Not that there isn’t ample other evidence, in my opinion, against Charlie, of course).
I think when he walked out and left W with the advocate, he got lots of info.

I may be reading too much into it but when Charlie is going on and on about Wendi driving past Trescott an hour after the murder. He’s double speaking for obv reasons - he’s being recorded. On the surface he’s saying it’s too coincidental to be viewed as an innocent thing etc etc but what he’s really doing is venting his spleen on Wendi and saying what in the eff was she thinking!?? How could she do something so stupid?

JMO
BBM

This!
I think this is Wendi’s knife sheath she left behind.

Moo

Are you sure she was specifically told to bring bourbon? Bc the invite says the bourbon OR “your favorite wine or spirits”.
The invitation has a tag attached that specifically requests Bulleit Bourbon. It’s true that it technically says to bring Bulleit Bourbon or your favorite wine or spirits. But given that the party is a shower where people are supposed to help “stock the bar” for the couple, I think it’s reasonable to assume that the couple would prefer the liquor they specifically chose and asked you to bring, or they wouldn’t have specified. (Of course they would probably have accepted whatever someone brought if the specific brand wasn’t available or they chose to bring it for some reason, and so that’s probably why they included that language on the invitation about “or your favorite.”)

I just don’t see anything incriminating in Wendi’s purchase of an item she had been specifically requested to purchase. We’ve seen the invitation, it does exist, it requested Bulleit Bourbon. There is plenty of other stuff in my opinion that is suspicious about Wendi’s conduct that day, I’m inclined to stop beating this dead horse.

Plus it has to help that she's also a blabbermouth.
I was surprised to hear her ( hot mic jail call 6th Nov) blab to her friend and associate Susan about Wendi

She'd told Susan ( and husband Rick)
- that they were looking for non-extradition destinations
- Susan knew enough about DA & WA's relationship to raise the concern that Wendi might tip off the cops
- Donna then told her she might try attorney-client privilege on Wendi to ensure Wendi couldn't blab but could privately advise her on which destinations.

How many Susans & Ricks are there in Donna's circle? I'd speculate there's a lot of people Donna's ran her mouth to.

Anyway, changing the subject and asking a dumb question but what on earth is Jorge/AnyGuy doing with Wendi in 2023? I'm not a man, but you'd have to be daft, desperate (or broke?) to date her with this cloud of suspicion hanging over her head. Baggage much?

He's also acting as a go-between between the parents & Wendi on that same call.
I haven’t been on for a little while. I was wondering about the woman at their house when DA & HA didn’t know they hadn’t hung up. That got her arrested for talking about fleeing. Who is Susan? What is their relationship that HA & DA would trust her so much? I mean there was no doubt that their story to the boys and any friends is that they are all completely innocent, they have been victims of a witchhunt, and she had to flee the country because she knew she was going to be next, even though she’s innocent. That is what her Lawyers will argue at trial.

Something that has bothered me. I really feel that they don’t actively listen to the calls at the jail because they don’t have the manpower probably. But I just really think, from what I know, that it sounds like it was only because that friend of Charlie called the state that they then went back and listened to the tapes. It it was only then that they heard and realized what she was doing in combination with what the friend said. I really feel like if that friend hadn’t called, she would’ve been out of the country already. That is really concerning.

I’ve been looking for the post of the subject on Luis R and the June attempt.
someone copied and pasted from the Tallahassee Dem that the state claimed the guys had to get the rental car back.
I stated that it was bc LR said he wasn’t going to kill Dan with his kids with him.

The information about the kids being with Dan is from Luis Riveras proffer.
thats where he stated that.Not sure why the state stated it was bc of the car.
HTH.

Looking at comments posted elsewhere I noticed that it's claimed that Wendi testified that she used whatsapp with her clients for the legal clinic while she was working at FSU.
No links were supplied so IDK if it's true.

Anybody recall hearing that at trial? ( I don't)
Yes she definitely said that in either the first or second trial. Sorry can’t remember which now.

I haven’t been on for a little while. I was wondering about the woman at their house when DA & HA didn’t know they hadn’t hung up. That got her arrested for talking about fleeing. Who is Susan? What is their relationship that HA & DA would trust her so much? I mean there was no doubt that their story to the boys and any friends is that they are all completely innocent, they have been victims of a witchhunt, and she had to flee the country because she knew she was going to be next, even though she’s innocent. That is what her Lawyers will argue at trial.
I think she may be some kind of financial planner or accountant they may have had for a while.

Something that has bothered me. I really feel that they don’t actively listen to the calls at the jail because they don’t have the manpower probably. But I just really think, from what I know, that it sounds like it was only because that friend of Charlie called the state that they then went back and listened to the tapes. It it was only then that they heard and realized what she was doing in combination with what the friend said. I really feel like if that friend hadn’t called, she would’ve been out of the country already. That is really concerning.
This bothers me as well. I think that’s probably true. They might have gotten away if it weren’t for this friend. I don’t understand why their names and passports weren’t flagged on some kind of list, or how they were able to purchase the tickets without alerting the authorites. The tickets were purchased the day after the convictions, I believe. Perhaps that wasn’t enough time for the police to put something like that into place? But they should have been consulting airline manifests, in my opinion.

This bothers me as well. I think that’s probably true. They might have gotten away if it weren’t for this friend. I don’t understand why their names and passports weren’t flagged on some kind of list, or how they were able to purchase the tickets without alerting the authorites. The tickets were purchased the day after the convictions, I believe. Perhaps that wasn’t enough time for the police to put something like that into place? But they should have been consulting airline manifests, in my opinion.
Yes! If I remember, I read that they got the message on the state‘s voicemail at like 6 AM that morning. I really think it sounds like they were only looking at this because of that friend‘s phone call. I understand it has to take a lot of manpower, and they spoke about how it’s the State attorneys I believe that sit and listen to jail house calls. But how is it that, given the fact that they want Donna and Harvey and Wendi, how were those calls not actively being monitored to see what they would say in reaction to his conviction? They absolutely I think would have gotten away , if not for that guy calling. Which is crazy.

More on Wendi using whatsapp ....
"And, on FBI wiretaps captured in 2016, Charlie told then-girlfriend June Umchinda that his sister Wendi was the woman he had been texting with incessantly on WhatsApp. It has long been speculated that Wendi and other conspirators utilized this or other third-party encrypted apps in 2014 and since, to avoid leaving a record."

My recollection is WA has been asked about WhatsApp on the stand, and has said she doesn’t specifically recall whether or not she had it then but then says they have her phone data so they could find out from that or from the company. I don’t recall the state to date putting forth anything that they found that app when they cloned her phone. They might have that info but choose not to use it at this time, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo