FL - George Zimmerman injured in Lake Mary shooting, police say

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If GZ brandished it and then rolled up his windows and retreated, but then MA followed him and shot him, what happens?

No idea. So far, no witnesses. They could both be lying. All we know is that GZ was shot at. We do not know why.

He wasn't arrested for quite a few weeks after he killed Trayvon.

That's why it made such big news.

People couldn't believe a person could shoot and kill a teenager and not get arrested.

He was immediately taken by the police to be questioned.
As far as I can tell, MA wasn't even taken in.

I think it's pretty clear Zimmerman wasn't waiving the gun at the moment he was shot at. His window was rolled up. It would be difficult to see inside with windows rolled up.
How can you possibly say this without being there?

It takes a second to press a button to raise a car window. It could even have been partially down.

We just don't know.

Of course he was.

Both GZ and MA were at the police station yesterday afternoon for questioning.
MA was released without arrest.

He's claiming Self Defense.

How can you possibly say this without being there?

It takes a second to press a button to raise a car window. It could even have been partially down.

We just don't know.

It's my opinion (which is why I said "I think"). But if you look at the photo window appears to be all the way up.

He was in the police department at some point. Not sure how he got there but he was there. Most likely some initial questioning about the incident. Sometimes LE will call back a person multiple times before an arrest is made.

"Apperson was seen leaving the Lake Mary Police Department Monday night, where he was not charged with any crime. "

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/ge...-in-shooting-in-lake-mary-police-say/32943940

Of course he was.

Both GZ and MA were at the police station yesterday afternoon for questioning.
MA was released without arrest.

He's claiming Self Defense.

Zimmerman was taken into custody in 2013. Apperson I believe was told to show up with his lawyer.
I also heard that he did not actually to police at that time because he invoked his right against self-incrimination.

Well, he went to station, but unlike GZ, MA refused to talk.

And I believe he went on his own. with his lawyer, without being taken into custody. As I recall, Zimmerman was taken into custody in 2013. He was then released after giving his account to the police.

No idea. So far, no witnesses. They could both be lying. All we know is that GZ was shot at. We do not know why.

But what happens if it is proven that MA U-turned after GZ?

Which reminds me. Does anyone know exactly the exact address of where this took place? I want to see if I can find any cameras around.

And I believe he went on his own. with his lawyer, without being taken into custody. As I recall, Zimmerman was taken into custody in 2013. He was then released after giving his account to the police.

You know, I think you are right. GZ was handcuffed and taken to station.

If GZ brandished it and then rolled up his windows and retreated, but then MA followed him and shot him, what happens?

Are there any maps on where this happened? Unless they were on a very winding road or MA had magical zig-zag bullets, the bullet would have gone through the rear window. A bullet hole to GZ driver's side window would imply that GZ was driving towards MA with their driver's side windows across from each other.

From what it sounds like their stories may not contradict one another except on the gun-waiving part:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/12/us/florida-george-zimmerman-shooting/
As I understand it GZ says he was followed by someone flashing lights and honking his horn and he went into a U-turn and was followed and it was in the process of the U-turn that he was shot at, which could conceivably explain GZ saying he was trying to get away while being in a position that put his driver's side across from MA's driver's side. While MA on the other hand basically says he was legally justified in what he did. It's possible that MA was acting like Audie Murphy's character from No Name On A Bullet, but I'd really want to know about GZ's alleged doctor's appointment as well as see the exact area this is with the U-turn and it's relationship to where GZ had the alleged appointment and where MA worked.

Mark Lehman ‏@MarkLehman6 9m9 minutes ago

UPDATE on Zimmerman incident expected shortly. We're expecting to get initial incident report and redacted 911 call WITHOUT Apperson's voice

Seems there may be more to this than presently known. It interests me tho that MA states a gun was waved at him and he felt threatened due to prior incidents. If he was just going after GZ and that was just an excuse how could he be so clear cut sure GZ was carrying his gun at that moment. Somewhat supports for me that MA may have had a gun waved at him. For now until more facts come forth. IMO

Are there any maps on where this happened? Unless they were on a very winding road or MA had magical zig-zag bullets, the bullet would have gone through the rear window. A bullet hole to GZ driver's side window would imply that GZ was driving towards MA with their driver's side windows across from each other.

From what it sounds like their stories may not contradict one another except on the gun-waiving part:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/12/us/florida-george-zimmerman-shooting/
As I understand it GZ says he was followed by someone flashing lights and honking his horn and he went into a U-turn and was followed and it was in the process of the U-turn that he was shot at, which could conceivably explain GZ saying he was trying to get away while being in a position that put his driver's side across from MA's driver's side. While MA on the other hand basically says he was legally justified in what he did. It's possible that MA was acting like Audie Murphy's character from No Name On A Bullet, but I'd really want to know about GZ's alleged doctor's appointment as well as see the exact area this is with the U-turn and it's relationship to where GZ had the alleged appointment and where MA worked.
Bullet went in through the front passenger side window.

Ryan Hughes - WFTV ‏@RHughesWFTV 4m4 minutes ago

JUST IN: George Zimmerman had 1 gun, Matt Apperson had 2 during yeterday's incident, police say. #WFTV.

I think it's pretty clear Zimmerman wasn't waiving the gun at the moment he was shot at. His window was rolled up. It would be difficult to see inside with windows rolled up. I don't know about MA's car, bu I presume his window was open in order for him to shoot.

Nothing beyond he-said-he-said at this moment. However, we know a bit about GZ and guns (he believes in carrying, and further believes that he is personally required to carry for his own protection based on a heightened perception of danger from people who believe he murdered Trayvon Martin). We also have the previous Apperson accusation (non-disputed, as I recall) that GZ had previously threatened him with harm and perhaps stalked him. I also read yesterday (albeit not from a highly reputable source), that Apperson is an NRA member.

So--we have two armed males with a beef of some sort, and a history of threats. Not only does this begin to look like a recipe for disaster, but also fodder for beginning to question the base notion that the safety of citizens and society in general is somehow enhanced if guns are made freely available to "the good people."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow