FL - George Zimmerman injured in Lake Mary shooting, police say

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apperson needs some serious intervention IMO. To have police called to your home fifteen times in three years is bad. I am only guessing here, but I would think if LE is called to his house it is most likely family calling, which leads me to believe they know how he is escalating. If this is the case they are not doing him any favors by covering for him. Maybe this is the wake up call that will get him help, even if it means him going to jail for firing a gun while driving. If it really was self defense that is one thing, but if it is a cover-up to not pay for his actions he will only escalate more IMO.

GZ was found not guilty by a jury, his wife dropped charges against him, his g/f dropped charges against him and here we have MA dropping charges against him. That's a lot of people. Is GZ a mafia crime boss who can buy or scare his way out of everything? If I were that threatened by someone, there is no way in hades I'd drop charges. Just going on speculation but I have to wonder if all the charges have been investigated and there's lots we don't know about or maybe some complaints are blown out of proportion and we don't get to hear the 'whole' story? Most times, we only hear what media wants everyone to hear.

The charges that have been dropped are among those that are very difficult to prove. And, while Florida allows the state to pursue DV charges without the cooperation of the spouse or victim, it becomes nigh onto impossible without victim testimony. Now, with Apperson facing some serious charges, perhaps he will offer up testimony about threats from GZ. But still looks like a really tough call without any corroboration from anywhere.

The charges that have been dropped are among those that are very difficult to prove. And, while Florida allows the state to pursue DV charges without the cooperation of the spouse or victim, it becomes nigh onto impossible without victim testimony. Now, with Apperson facing some serious charges, perhaps he will offer up testimony about threats from GZ. But still looks like a really tough call without any corroboration from anywhere.

Really? How believable anything he claims is going to be, considering Apperson himself was reported to the police for threatening to kill a trespasser with his Magnum .357 (his favorite gun, I presume). Then there is a woman who accused him of punching her window in a road rage incident. Then there is a neighbor who called police on him 3 times in a last month, I believe. Then police was called to his house multiple times. You think this guy has credibility if he claims somebody threatened him?
If Zimmerman wasn't his alleged victim, I have very little doubt Apperson would have been arrested already.

Doesn't make a lot of sense for me for GZ to be firing a gun through a closed window. Why blow out your own window if your going to risk missing what your're shooting at. I'm speaking if GZ had intent to fire at someone. IMO

After MA fired through GZ's window, it would have been the perfect time for GZ to fire at MA in self-defense if he so wanted. MOO JMO

A .357 Magnum is serious business. I have a bunch of friends who are gun enthusiasts (their prerogative) and none own a gun like that. I asked about it b/c of this incident and their reply was that it's a showpiece. That type of gun is a one shot deal b/c of the huge kickback would make it hard to fire off another shot without hitting something you're not aiming at without taking your time. If you're taking your time, it's not self-defense. Why would anyone have a gun like this in their car? And have another gun in the car. I would think one would leave a .357 at home instead of driving around with it. Maybe he was going to show it off to someone...but somehow, I doubt that. Does anyone even know which gun Apperson used to shoot GZ's window?

A .357 Magnum is serious business. I have a bunch of friends who are gun enthusiasts (their prerogative) and none own a gun like that. I asked about it b/c of this incident and their reply was that it's a showpiece. That type of gun is a one shot deal b/c of the huge kickback would make it hard to fire off another shot without hitting something you're not aiming at without taking your time. If you're taking your time, it's not self-defense. Why would anyone have a gun like this in their car? And have another gun in the car. I would think one would leave a .357 at home instead of driving around with it. Maybe he was going to show it off to someone...but somehow, I doubt that. Does anyone even know which gun Apperson used to shoot GZ's window?

Ummm...

[video=youtube;Rc2wDyMbh0o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc2wDyMbh0o[/video]

Not quite.

As for having two guns in the car? Pffhhht. Myriad of reasons.

MA invoked his constitutional right to have his attorney present during questioning.

There isn't a lawyer on the planet who would advise doing otherwise.

What questioning? He hasn't given a statement to the police.

"But police are still trying to sort out exactly what happened along Lake Mary Boulevard. The accused shooter, Matthew Apperson, 36, has not given a statement to police."

http://www.wesh.com/news/bullet-fired-at-george-zimmerman-recovered-from-vehicle-police-say/32997104

"But police are still trying to sort out exactly what happened along Lake Mary Boulevard. The accused shooter, Matthew Apperson, 36, has not given a statement to police."

http://www.wesh.com/news/bullet-fired-at-george-zimmerman-recovered-from-vehicle-police-say/32997104

By invoking his right, he does not have to answer any questions. This is why people invoke their right to an attorney. My guess is that they want to lock GZ into a statement about the event so that they can debunk it at a later date. Per an article I read in the Daily Mail, (take it or leave it) West reportedly said on behalf of his client, that MA was next to GZ on Lake Mary and was shouting obscenities at GZ which GZ heard through his open passenger window. GZ then started to close the window and was shot at by MA. So if we believe the reporting, GZ"s window was open shortly before the shot was taken. JMO

By invoking his right, he does not have to answer any questions. This is why people invoke their right to an attorney. My guess is that they want to lock GZ into a statement about the event so that they can debunk it at a later date. Per an article I read in the Daily Mail, (take it or leave it) West reportedly said on behalf of his client, that MA was next to GZ on Lake Mary and was shouting obscenities at GZ which GZ heard through his open passenger window. GZ then started to close the window and was shot at by MA. So if we believe the reporting, GZ"s window was open shortly before the shot was taken. JMO

If Apperson is claiming self-defense, I would think he should be eager to provide his statement. I am not sure why you think police want lock in GZ into his statement rather than Apperson, who actually fired his weapon.

If Apperson is claiming self-defense, I would think he should be eager to provide his statement. I am not sure why you think police want lock in GZ into his statement rather than Apperson, who actually fired his weapon.

I did not say that. I think that "they", MA and his attorney, want to lock GZ into a story about the event. JMO

I did not say that. I think that "they", MA and his attorney, want to lock GZ into a story about the event. JMO

Why would they need to lock Zimmerman into a story? You would think a self-defense story should be able to stand for itself, if it were true.

Why would they need to lock Zimmerman into a story? You would think a self-defense story should be able to stand for itself, if it were true.

I guess because the mindset of LE must be the same as it is on this thread. GZ HAS to be guilty of something, therefore, it must have been GZ's fault and MA was only shooting in self-defense so we have to wait till GZ says something first. No big deal that MA has been arrested 6 times or his wife filed a complaint against him or that 2 neighbors have called the police on him or that Walgreens filed a complaint against him. It has to be GZ that's the problem.

I guess these friends of yours don't know that you can shoot .38 Special rounds in any .357 Magnum revolver. It not necessary to only shoot full power Magnum loads.

You can choose .38 +P loads for defense or light target loads for practice. That's one of the reasons that .357 Magnum revolvers are so versatile and popular. JMO.

Seems these two are like oil and water. Oil and water with guns :scared:

Just the same, these two second-amendment heroes/poster-boys might team up and be the stars of a terrific and educational reality show at some point.

BBM
It's not been an ongoing feud on behalf of Mr. Apperson," NeJame told reporters Monday evening after Apperson was questioned by police officers.
http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...Zimmerman-Claims-Self-Defense-303366551.html#

I wish when Zimmerman is in the headlines, Nancy Grace wouldn't speed-dial clueless Frank Taffee. onto her show ( Monday night?). Then he has the nerve to call Zimm ex's "gold-diggers". He doesn't have a pot to piss in much less a pot of gold. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper