GUILTY FL - Janiya Thomas, 11, Bradenton, Jan 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bradenton police are waiting for the medical examiner to identify the body, but say they believe it is Janiya. The Medical Examiner's Office has been unable to perform the autopsy because the process necessary to thaw the body has to be done in stages.
The sheriff's office announced Tuesday afternoon the Florida Department of Children and Families would release reports dealing with prior investigations dealing with Thomas.
Thomas was ordered to appear again before Moreland at 8 a.m. Thursday for another hearing on the contempt of court order.

http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article40435170.html

Waiting to see what tomorrow brings...

Bradenton police are waiting for the medical examiner to identify the body, but say they believe it is Janiya. The Medical Examiner's Office has been unable to perform the autopsy because the process necessary to thaw the body has to be done in stages.
The sheriff's office announced Tuesday afternoon the Florida Department of Children and Families would release reports dealing with prior investigations dealing with Thomas.
Thomas was ordered to appear again before Moreland at 8 a.m. Thursday for another hearing on the contempt of court order.

http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article40435170.html

Waiting to see what tomorrow brings...

I hope Janiya's mother is forced to read articles like this one that states, "The Medical Examiner's Office has been unable to perform the autopsy because the process necessary to thaw the body has to be done in stages." If a mother truly is able to love, surely this would speak to her. I want so badly for her mother to show some love and compassion in Janiya's death.

The idea is repeated every day on every story like this on every news site. It's disgusting. Here's your prison sentence, Mr/s Director of CPS, or politician is more like it!

My Opinion Only.

I wouldn't take it too literally. Reading case after case like this makes my mind come up with extremely creative punishments for these parents/monsters, sometimes involving sterilization amongst other things. It's a flash thought, nothing I'd actually do/want done to them.

Janiya's life and death will not be in vain if we, as a nation, not only hear her but also listen and understand what she has told us. Janiya has made it very clear silence and inaction leads to harm/death. She has made it clear to us that an organization that has many, many people that devote their own lives to these children, feel their hands are tied. They want to do more but cannot because there are only so many hours in a day. What more does a child have to endure to get the attention of those who can make a change for ALL of our children in our amazing United States of America?

With all of that said, I want to share this song. I will forever think of Janiya and our dear Bella every time I hear it.

[video=youtube;KtNYA4pAGjI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtNYA4pAGjI[/video]

I wondered about that. I can't remember if it was a tv show or a documentary I watched once where that was an issue the ME had to deal with. I can't even begin to imagine how MEs deal with some of the stuff they see. God bless them.

The idea is repeated every day on every story like this on every news site. It's disgusting. Here's your prison sentence, Mr/s Director of CPS, or politician is more like it!

My Opinion Only.

Blaming a politician over the person who made bad choices and eventually ended up with a dead child in their freezer? I'm sorry but I don't see how this is any politician or lawmaker's fault. Some people are just sick.

The responding officer said there were no marks or bruises, but the physician documented injuries? Hmmm. That's rather odd.
It can take several hours for bruises to be seen, especially if the bruises are on the belly or other softer parts of the body.

BRADENTON -- An autopsy has begun on the body found in a freezer Sunday believed to be that of missing 11-year-old Janiya Thomas, said Bradenton Police Chief Michael Radzilowski.

The chief said about 2:30 p.m. the autopsy was underway and he was expecting a call from homicide detectives, present at the autopsy, later Wednesday afternoon with results.

"I am waiting for the detectives to call me and tell me what or what not can be released to the media," Radzilowski said. "They do not believe they will be able to identify the body today."

http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article40695744.html

BRADENTON -- The autopsy on the body found in a freezer Sunday believed to be that of missing 11-year-old Janiya Thomas was inconclusive, said Bradenton Police Chief Michael Radzilowski.
"More medical testing is needed to determine the cause of death and for positive ID," Radzilowski told the Bradenton Herald just after 4 p.m. Wednesday.

http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article40695744.html

Kim Kuizon FOX 13 (@kkuizon): https://twitter.com/kkuizon?s=09

New DCF records say child protective services had contact w her mother Keishanna 12 times in the past @FOX13News https://t.co/sQpQ6u21fZ

Child protective services is run by #Manatee deputies. They originally said there had been 9 interactions in past @FOX13News #Janiya

Here is a link to the DCF Incident Report: http://www.bradenton.com/news/local...ies critical incident report on Janiya Thomas

I can't understand how the case could be closed because the "woman" was non-compliant. Sounds like being uncooperative made the DCF problem go away, so she got what she wanted.

Janiya was last seen by child welfare officials in early June 2014 during a case management home visit during which time Ms. Thomas became uncooperative and refused to cooperate. The case was staffed between investigations, case management and Children’s Legal Services who recommended the service case be closed as “non-compliant” with the understanding that should another report be received, court-ordered intervention may be more appropriate

Nothing we don't know, but here it is on PEOPLE -- that's good. Everyone should read about this little girl -- maybe if they see something similar somewhere, they will let someone know to look into it.

[h=1]Siblings of 11-Year-Old Florida Girl Believed to Have Been Found Dead in a Freezer Hadn't Seen Her in More Than a Year: Arrest Report[/h]The siblings of Janiya Thomas, the 11-year-old Florida girl believed to have been found dead in a freezer on Sunday, told Bradenton, Florida, investigators that they hadn't seen their sister in more than a year, according to an arrest report obtained by PEOPLE.

http://www.people.com/article/janiy...om?xid=email-truecrime-20151021PM-20961147-hd

Rebecca Vargas ‏@RebeccaVargas
Keishanna Thomas is appearing before a judge right now. 3rd time in a week #JaniyaThomas #abc7 @mysuncoast

Rebecca Vargas ‏@RebeccaVargas
Judge Moreland tentatively postpones hearing until Fri since results from autopsy unavailable. #JaniyaThomas

There will never be forced sterilizations in The United States. We have not adopted Communism or Sharia law. There will not be sterilizations as in China after 2 children or cutting out of anything as in Islamist countries where they cut off a hand after so many thefts or feet after escaping prison or a tongue after slandering.

Please enjoy the freedom out nation provides.

The problem here is this system that essentially pays mothers to have children without husbands. The children are nothing more than a meal ticket, especially to live-in boyfriends who have no commitments or attachment to the children.

I hired a woman to work for me who had 5 children from 3 different fathers, 2 of whom were in jail, and the current boyfriend had not made her pregnant yet. She stole from one of my customers and I lost the account. All she wanted was the drug money. THAT'S what this SYSTEM causes.

But NO the answer is not to trash the Constitution.

MOO

I have pondered this idea many times and even prior to joining ws. I agree you cannot force sterilization but I do think some incentive for it might not be a bad thing. I don't know how that would work but I think there are lots of people who want a tubal ligation but cannot get one. Let's face it, the cost of the surgery is minimal in comparison to some of the other costs associated with people having way more children than they can or desire to care for.

UGGHHH. That makes me so angry. Can I be 'non-compliant' with the IRS and expect them to go away and leave me be? grrrrrrrrrrr

How does this even happen? SOMEONE has to answer for this. So, if you refuse to cooperate then clearly there isn't an issue - so sorry we bothered you? If someone refuses to cooperate that should call for MORE pressure from the state, not less. Doesn't anyone have common sense anymore?

And now we're hearing they'd been involved 13 times? I'm sure it was all just one big misunderstanding after another. Nothing to see here folks, move along. Just how many times does it take for someone to be investigated before someone saves these poor babies from these horrific lives?

Can you imagine being those kids? I'm sure there had to be a place in their heart that was relieved to know that there was a possibility of someone coming to their rescue - to get them out of that hell hole. Only to be failed again by adults. Ones whose job it is to protect the vulnerable. They had to be completely heartbroken every time the worker left - knowing the fallout was coming. Did they lay in their beds at night sending up prayers for someone to help? Hoping that maybe one person would see through all this and take them to safety?

No...it took their mother KILLING their sister and shoving her body in a freezer for OVER A YEAR for help to come. That's just not right. We can't continue to allow these babies cries to go ignored...

I have pondered this idea many times and even prior to joining ws. I agree you cannot force sterilization but I do think some incentive for it might not be a bad thing. I don't know how that would work but I think there are lots of people who want a tubal ligation but cannot get one. Let's face it, the cost of the surgery is minimal in comparison to some of the other costs associated with people having way more children than they can or desire to care for.

Thanks. My argument is this. The Affordable Care Act was supposedly about women's reproductive rights. It essentially guarantees that abortion and birth control is made available to all women of child bearing years. But let's face it, women know how to not have babies.
On the other hand these low income drug addicted women have a guaranteed incentive to have children they neither want or love.
It's called a government check.
Get rid of that and we will not have innocent children being born to women who just want the money.
When the baby daddys are not listed as a resident and the mothers are collecting a check for each child, the daddys are also collecting EBT and SSI - they pool their money, pay less rent, have more money for drugs and abuse the children.
Any notion of incentives for sterilization is offset by the availability of receiving money for having children and any idea of sterilization as a state subsidy sets women's rights back thousands of years.

MOO

Kim Kuizon FOX 13 ‏@kkuizon
By 5pm state must tell judge if they are ready to talk about autopsy @FOX13News #Manatee #Bradenton

If state is not ready by today they will push hearing back to Monday afternoon at 1:30 @FOX13News #Bradenton #Janiya

Keishanna Thomas shook her head when judge asked if she wanted to talk @FOX13News #Janiya #Bradenton #Manatee

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back