GUILTY FL - Janiya Thomas, 11, Bradenton, Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I feel very sorry for the surviving siblings. They must have been so scared, sad, depressed, and hopeless. I hope they can stay together in a NEW and DIFFERENT home.

I feel very sorry for the surviving siblings. They must have been so scared, sad, depressed, and hopeless. I hope they can stay together in a NEW and DIFFERENT home.

Due to the legal documents released, it was very easy to locate several family members on SM. I think, and this is entirely speculation, those who suspected what mama did to Janiya just kept their mouths shut out of sheer intimidation, and processed it the best way they knew how. Those who had no idea where she was, didn't really care enough to push it.

I honestly hope those kids are COMPLETELY relocated to a completely different family, together. They deserve a good shot at life, away from this kind of insanity and fear.

Janiya’s family members say they feel judged because people wonder how Janiya could have been missing for so long without family knowing. They want to set the record straight.

“I’m here to clear my family name,” said Ceceila Washington, Keishanna’s cousin, “My cousin, she hadn’t communicated with us in over a year and a half, so it’s not like my family knew any of this.”

“I was clueless of it,” said Nicole, “To me, she was a hard worker, she kept her kids really nice, and she loved her kids from what I saw, versus all the judgement that people are putting on her.”
“She told me Janiya was great, so what could I do?” asked Washington.

http://wfla.com/2015/10/26/vigil-for-janiya-thomas-draws-hundreds-to-bradenton-neighborhood/

Right now, Janiya's family is focused on trying to heal from the tragedy.
Surrounded by local pastors, a lot of prayers were offered to Janiya's family Sunday night, during a vigil for the little girl they call their "angel". Relatives say they're overwhelmed by the outpouring of support they've gotten from the community.
"We can't let this happen no more again in our community. We can't," said Wayne Washington, another cousin to Janiya.
The family's set up a Go Fund Me page under Janiya's name to help support her four siblings and they also want to find ways to use any money collected to support child abuse victims through a new initiative callled SOKZ, "Saving Our Kids".

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/hundreds-gather-at-vigil-for-janiya-thomas

Of course they did.

Thanks for those links MsMarple. After reading those articles, I understand why LE said no one had seen Janiya for a year, maybe two, depending on who you talked to.

That sure got started quickly.

Why do they have a fund for the remaining sibs? Are the sibs in their care now?

Why do they have a fund for the remaining sibs? Are the sibs in their care now?

Who knows? All I know is that they're asking for 100k. I'm so ticked; family members managed to organize a vigil, they managed to set up a but they never managed to ask where Janiya was. :mad:

I can just imagine the conversation:

Family: "Where's Janiya?"
KT: "Janiya? Oh, she's living somewhere else now. She's great!"
Family: "Oh, okay."

Not one of them asked where Janiya was living or with whom? There had to be some contact if the cousin's reporting that such a conversation took place. And how does one move a freezer into the house of relatives that they have no contact with?

I understand that the family is probably feeling guilty over Janiya's death but I don't believe there was no contact at all between Keishanna and family since 2014. If only they had invested the same energy into finding out where Janiya had disappeared to as they did with the vigil, the fund and their need to clear their name. Don't get me wrong, the only villain here is Keishanna - I'm just frustrated that the family is so concerned about what strangers think of them. So far not one has expressed remorse over their lack of interest in Janiya's whereabouts.

I think the money on the Go Fund Me page is not for Janiya or her siblings its for the greedy family. If you read the articles they only say the children were removed from the home by CPS and I highly doubt the family have them. It would not make sense to give these children to the family who could careless and didn't question it when they didn't see their sister and the fact is they are making excuses "She didnt bother with us for the whole year" Really? She magically just poofed out of their lives? I understand families get busy but the fact that they randomly stopped speaking to her around the same time all this trouble regarding Janiya started is coincidental.

- Its a known fact that KT moved the freezer to a FAMILY members home..after she didnt speak to them for over a year supposedly she just showed up with a freezer? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..

- The cousins claim that KT told them Janiya was fine and living somewhere else (indicating she had spoken to the family over the course of the last year)

Amaris Castillo
Amaris Castillo – Verified account ‏@AmarisCastillo

BREAKING: Body found in freezer has been identified as #JaniyaThomas. "It is Janiya," said Assistant State's Attorney Art Brown.

Amaris Castillo
Amaris Castillo – Verified account ‏@AmarisCastillo

BREAKING: Body found in freezer has been identified as #JaniyaThomas. "It is Janiya," said Assistant State's Attorney Art Brown.

Finally! Thanks for finding that!

Amaris Castillo ‏@AmarisCastillo
Thomas' contempt of court charge has been dismissed. She still has an arraignment at 1:30 p.m. tomorrow for dependency case re: other kids.

[video=twitter;658699473770647552]https://twitter.com/AmarisCastillo/status/658699473770647552[/video]
Thomas' charges:
- Aggravated child abuse - $75K bond
- Child abuse with great bodily harm - $25K bond
- Abuse of a dead body - $100K bond

I suspect a new charge is coming.

[video=twitter;658703735447777280]https://twitter.com/abcactionnews/status/658703735447777280[/video]

RIP Janiya.

Not surprising, but still sad to have the confirmation.

Fly high little angel. RIP sweet Janiya.

Well I have lost all faith in humanity...

RIP sweet girl, you deserved so much more, my heart breaks for you.

You and me both.
Just when u think u have.read the.most horrendous thing ever something.worse
Happens. When does it end?

No, Edinlass, don't do that. :( We see the worst of the worst on these pages but remember, for every crap parent there are thousands of loving, caring parents working to raise happy, productive children. All is not lost.

And if even one person who reads these pages learns how important it is to take action when they see a child being neglected or abused then it makes all the sorrow and heartbreak we experience here worthwhile. With rare exceptions we can't solve the crimes but we can provide a platform of education for people who may be wondering what to do about their neighbor who seems to neglect their kids or a young mother who doesn't know what to do when baby gets colicky and cries all night.

Most of all we can be the voice of the abused and the murdered. Thousands of people come here to see what we have to say - that's powerful. We can keep the light shining brightly in all those dark corners of humanity.

:grouphug:

Up until now family members haven’t really talked about the case, but after Janiya's identification, a family member is speaking out.

Thomas’ cousin, Wayne Washington said the freezer the girl’s body was in, may have been in several other homes.

“Everybody's feeling bad,” he said. “The dude that moved the freezer. Everybody that saw that freezer. Everybody is feeling some kind of way.”

Washington said the Keishanna moved the freezer to several family members homes over the last year without them knowing what was inside. He says Keishanna told her family she was in the process of moving and needed to store the freezer at their homes.

“That freezer was in a lot of people’s homes and people never thought of nothing like that,” he said. “People just remember seeing that freezer. A lot of people remember seeing that freezer but she would say she has a freezer with meat and people was stealing her food, so she didn’t want anybody to break in.”

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...cles/bn9/2015/10/26/mother_of_missing_gi.html

Up until now family members haven’t really talked about the case, but after Janiya's identification, a family member is speaking out.

Thomas’ cousin, Wayne Washington said the freezer the girl’s body was in, may have been in several other homes.

“Everybody's feeling bad,” he said. “The dude that moved the freezer. Everybody that saw that freezer. Everybody is feeling some kind of way.”

Washington said the Keishanna moved the freezer to several family members homes over the last year without them knowing what was inside. He says Keishanna told her family she was in the process of moving and needed to store the freezer at their homes.

“That freezer was in a lot of people’s homes and people never thought of nothing like that,” he said. “People just remember seeing that freezer. A lot of people remember seeing that freezer but she would say she has a freezer with meat and people was stealing her food, so she didn’t want anybody to break in.”

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...cles/bn9/2015/10/26/mother_of_missing_gi.html

Now - for me - that all just makes the whole entire thing so much worse.

So. Everyone knew she had this freezer full of "meat" that she just had to keep moving it around. And Everyone knew there was one child missing.

How no one broke that lock before leaves me dumbfounded and I WILL not make excuses for any of them. Over a YEAR.

For a family who had no contact they sure went out of their way to accommodate her.

Nothing like " Sure I'll store the freezer for you. So How is Janiya? Bring her over when you bring the freezer."

I'm not falling for it.

MOO

I did not ever doubt it was the little girls body but the identification does make it more real, RIP Sweet girl. I can not believe several people had the freezers in their home and didnt know she was in it thats just sick on the mothers part of course, She seems like a real imagine how scarred for life those family members will forever be now knowing that they had this childs body in their homes and never knew it =( Also imagine how Janiya and her siblings must have been living with a mother like this =( The only good that comes from this is that now Janiyas siblings are far away from the mom and she can no longer hurt Janiya or her siblings, I hope those children grow up to have normal lives. Also this confirms that Janiyas death did not just happen since they said moms been moving the freezer from family member to family member for a year whatever happened had to have happened around the last time Janiya was seen..so sad

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict
Back