GUILTY FL - Janiya Thomas, 11, Bradenton, Jan 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No Janiya was not his, According to media Janiyas father is deceased, Not sure how he died but yea..I mean its possible maybe that Janiyas mom was involved with 2 people in those years but it is a tight squeeze

“Since the mother has been involved with the Department of Children and Families, there have been six cases alleging physical injury to the children in the home, and there have been two cases of family violence threatens child with the mother being the alleged perpetrator in both,” it stated.
“The children have become increasingly fearful of their mother and frequently feel unsafe in their home environment,” an investigator wrote in a report last updated earlier this month. “Admittedly, the mother is sometimes overwhelmed with being a single mother to five children, and she is currently pregnant.”

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20151027/ARTICLE/151029690

More at the link. This is a must read.

Janiya's father supposedly died from an intestinal disease, like what it sounded like Janiya maybe suffered from, but never got medical help for...just punishment from the mother.

More from the report regarding the oldest child:

The first time, child welfare authorities removed Thomas’ oldest daughter, but gave her back. Then, for more than a decade, the allegations piled up: Thomas pushed her physically and cognitively disabled daughter to the floor, bruising her. The same daughter sustained “open burns” on her arm, leg and ankle. A younger son was beaten with an extension cord, leaving welts.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article41579742.html

And it gets worse from there. :mad:

“The children have become increasingly fearful of their mother and frequently feel unsafe in their home environment,” an investigator wrote in a report last updated earlier this month. “Admittedly, the mother is sometimes overwhelmed with being a single mother to five children, and she is currently pregnant.”

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20151027/ARTICLE/151029690?p=2&tc=pg

WHAT??? NO!!!

Oh this is so terribly sad. Those poor children. I can't imagine how awful life was for them living in fear like that.

I wonder if the tip line callers were part of the freezer hiding family.

WHAT??? NO!!!

never heard of birth control? Now when will this little one be born? Hopefully adopted to a good loving home. overwhelmed, yeah right...........

why don't, ya know, stop having kids if you are overwhelmed?

“Since the mother has been involved with the Department of Children and Families, there have been six cases alleging physical injury to the children in the home, and there have been two cases of family violence threatens child with the mother being the alleged perpetrator in both,” it stated.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20151027/ARTICLE/151029690

More at the link. This is a must read.

well its pretty clear that if she was born in 2004 and there was in in 2003 and 2005, she had a baby from a different dude in between. that is so weird.

Maybe she hated J's father and J paid the price. :(

WHAT??? NO!!!

Dear Lord, no. Jerice Hunter redux. :mad: <modsnip>.

And even more reports of the abuse:

The documents, released by the Manatee County Sheriff's Office, show child welfare investigators visited the home of Keishanna Thomas 10 times amid allegations that she beat one of her children with an electric cord leaving welts, burned another child with bleach so badly her skin was discolored and left another child with 22 scars. Despite evidence of abuse, investigators wrote in their reports that the children were not in imminent danger.
Family members have said little about Janiya's death, telling The Associated Press only that they were speechless and heartbroken.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/27/mom-girl-found-dead-accused-abusing-5-kids-for-years/

I'm pretty tough but I'm kind of dreading reading the official report if it gets published online. It's unbelievable that so much abuse occurred in that home over such a long period and nothing was done about it. :(

&#8220;The children have become increasingly fearful of their mother and frequently feel unsafe in their home environment,&#8221; an investigator wrote in a report last updated earlier this month. &#8220;Admittedly, the mother is sometimes overwhelmed with being a single mother to five children, and she is currently pregnant.&#8221;

WHAT??? NO!!!

Please let that be a lie she told thinking she could work the system. This woman has left too many victims in her wake already. Hopefully on intake, LE did a physical including bloodwork that shows she's NOT pregnant.

Manatee County Sheriff's Office spokesman Dave Bristow said his agency disputes that. "All I can tell you is that we don't believe she is pregnant," Bristow said. "We have reason to believe that."

Florida has got to do something more than throw money into this system. There are way too many instances of children being identified and not enough being done to protect them. To me, it is not an issue of the parent being rich, poor, competent or incompetent when a child is identified as being at risk, the child's needs should come before the adults. I know some would argue that we might get to a point of overreaching but for goodness sakes, what is an acceptable murder or maiming rate for children?

Gah... there is a picture of her in court where I thought she looked pregnant. Horrendous.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

If the descriptions of childrens abuse at hand of Mother identified in DCF report isn't imminent danger, what is considered imminent danger?
Death?
Incomprehensible

Gah... there is a picture of her in court where I thought she looked pregnant. Horrendous.

I saw that picture and thought the same thing. My God!

Dear Lord, no. Jerice Hunter redux. :mad: <modsnip>.

This case is haunting because of the many similarities to Jhessye's case. locked in, beaten by a mother who ruled their universe like some monster, siblings unable to act and in fear for their own safety. Disposed of callously in whatever manner was convenient.

Yep, me too. In fact, I did a screen shot so I could run it through a few filters and lighten it up to see if that was shadow or belly. It was definitely belly - but - she may just have a large belly (lots of women do, especially after having multiple children). So hearing her claim of being pregnant really doesn't surprise me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ilda
Back