GUILTY FL - Janiya Thomas, 11, Bradenton, Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/2015...6-page-report-details-history-abuse/74713394/

A 26-page report from Child Protective Services outlines a history of child abuse investigations against Janiya Thomas' mother, Keishanna Thomas. Some of the allegations dating back to before 11-year-old Janiya was born.

Time and time again the cases were closed, so 10 News wanted to know what happened and why did Thomas still have custody of those children?

The first report naming Janiya came just a week after her birth when she was still in the hospital.

The report is linked in this story. This is unbelievable & why was nothing ever done.

Direct link to Documents:

Keishanna Thomas confidential investigative summary on Scribd. https://www.scribd.com/doc/287325293

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/2015...6-page-report-details-history-abuse/74713394/

A 26-page report from Child Protective Services outlines a history of child abuse investigations against Janiya Thomas' mother, Keishanna Thomas. Some of the allegations dating back to before 11-year-old Janiya was born.

Time and time again the cases were closed, so 10 News wanted to know what happened and why did Thomas still have custody of those children?

The first report naming Janiya came just a week after her birth when she was still in the hospital.

The report is linked in this story. This is unbelievable that nothing was ever done.

Thanks so much rosie_lee! Here it is, read it and weep:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/287325293/Keishanna-Thomas-confidential-investigative-summary

This case is haunting because of the many similarities to Jhessye's case. locked in, beaten by a mother who ruled their universe like some monster, siblings unable to act and in fear for their own safety. Disposed of callously in whatever manner was convenient.

Yes, tlcya, and I expect the same crapola "woe is me" defense from "mom". Just the articles about her trying to avoid court appearances make me think she is going to play victim here, and hopefully no one will buy that. :mad:

Her children call her Keishana. Not "mom".

I am usually in support of DFCS. They have a Sisyphean task to attempt. But, damn it!!!!! Roaches. Maggots and rashes causedby filth and well as beatings?

Florida. i love you but get your SHIZZZZZ together and FAST. Your babies are dying and Rick Scott needs to know that. Or at least care.

However, not confirmed by LE;

"The reports also suggest that Thomas, currently in jail on charges of aggravated child abuse, child abuse and abuse of a dead body, is pregnant.
However, Manatee County Sheriff's Office spokesman Dave Bristow said his agency disputes that. "All I can tell you is that we don't believe she is pregnant," Bristow said. "We have reason to believe that."

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20151027/ARTICLE/151029690

When parents and relatives don't give a damn, and people regularly turn a blind eye so as not to become "involved," I don't know that blaming the government for not knowing and acting when humans fail to is productive. I know what you're saying, but I don't see the government as having/deserving the means of making life decisions from cradle to grave. I don't know the answer; I just wish that common sense, common courtesy, common respect for others could arrive before babies do. That these poor throwaway children are so often destroyed by anyone claiming the title of parent, whether bio, step, foster, or adopted, is our greatest tragedy. JMO IMO etc.

This world is a sad, sad place. We owe it to ourselves and our children to make the small corner we each occupy better than we found it, in whatever way we can.

The other children are not at someone's house, but in protective custody...

Monday, at what was supposed to be a custody hearing concerning Thomas' four other children, the father of two of the children, ages 12 and 10, showed up, hoping to bring them home. Instead, the judge ordered all of the children to remain in protective custody.

One of the children has cerebral palsy....

Another custody hearing is scheduled for on November 24 to determine what will happen to the children. One of the children is reported to have cerebral palsy.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...janiya_lived_abu.html?cid=facebook_Bay_News_9

Kim Kuizon FOX 13 ‏@kkuizon
Keishanna Thomas has been tested by DCF and @ManateeSheriff they say she is NOT pregnant @FOX13News #Bradenton

WHEW! Thank goodness for small favors.

"The children have become increasingly fearful of their mother and frequently feel unsafe in their home environment... All of the children have become normalized to the mother and the paramour fighting, and they speak in very quiet tones like they are afraid to speak too loudly."

My heart aches for those kids. Such a brutally toxic environment they were in :( Really, it's a miracle Janiya is the only one that didn't make it out alive. This woman is an absolute beast.

My heart aches for those kids. Such a brutally toxic environment they were in :( Really, it's a miracle Janiya is the only one that didn't make it out alive. This woman is an absolute beast.

No wonder they never asked about their sister.

This is all so heartbreaking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

from a report dated 9/16/04

AN ADDITIONAL REPORT WAS RECEIVED. THIS MORNING, THE MOTHER PICKED [redacted] UP OFF THE TOILET AND CHOKED HER REAL BAD. SHE THEN THREW HER ON THE FLOOR AND THEN THE MOTHER SLAPPED HER. SHE IS BEATEN BEATEN EVERY DAY, POSSIBLY BECAUSE THE MOTHER DOES NOT WANT TO CARE FOR HER. SHE ONLY GETS ONE MEAL A DAY, AT NIGHT. THE HOME IS A NASTY HOUSE. THERE ARE ROACHES ALL OVER, TRASH, RATS, GARBAGE PILED UP AND DISHES NOT WASHED. THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON "FOREVER

http://www.scribd.com/doc/287325293/Keishanna-Thomas-confidential-investigative-summary

AN ADDITIONAL REPORT WAS RECEIVED. THIS MORNING, THE MOTHER PICKED [redacted] UP OFF THE TOILET AND CHOKED HER REAL BAD. SHE THEN THREW HER ON THE FLOOR AND THEN THE MOTHER SLAPPED HER. SHE IS BEATEN BEATEN EVERY DAY, POSSIBLY BECAUSE THE MOTHER DOES NOT WANT TO CARE FOR HER. SHE ONLY GETS ONE MEAL A DAY, AT NIGHT. THE HOME IS A NASTY HOUSE. THERE ARE ROACHES ALL OVER, TRASH, RATS, GARBAGE PILED UP AND DISHES NOT WASHED. THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON "FOREVER

I had read that earlier. If I am not mistaken, this report is from when Janiyia was born prematurely. It doesn't say it in the report, but I had the feeling that this abuse was in reference to her other daughter with the disability. What a monster this woman is!

I had read that earlier. If I am not mistaken, this report is from when Janiyia was born prematurely. It doesn't say it in the report, but I had the feeling that this abuse was in reference to her other daughter with the disability. What a monster this woman is!

Why. Why. Why when your own child makes you so clearly miserable would you have another?

This woman. I can't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes appears to be the older female sibling. I found it interesting that there seems to be a pattern of frustration and violence with this mother around toilet issues.

The reports from when they were preparing for the premature Janiya's arrival home from hospital and the house was full of filth, roaches and rats and maggots oh my. Imagine your children living in filth and bringing a tiny premature baby home into that mix.

Horrific.

Like with Stoni and Stephen Blair, it is almost too much to take in. All these kids and what life must have been, the chaos, the fear, the filth.

Only thing mother did was learn after the first case to keep the filth down in the household so that it could pass a cursory visual inspection.

Heartbreaking to read all those reports. House is neat and clean.

Meanwhile the horror continued for the kids.

This little snippet of one report alone warrants those kids being removed from her permanently...no excuse or second chances on conditions like that.

I am asking honestly...what does it take for IMMEDIATE removal anymore? If this doesn't warrant it, I don't even want to know what does.

Gah... there is a picture of her in court where I thought she looked pregnant. Horrendous.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Yes! I saw a picture of her in court where I thought she looked pregnant. Then I thought that maybe it was just weight...

You would think she would have been given a pregnancy test as part of a medical if she's actually claiming to be pregnant.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eveirs
Back