GUILTY FL - Janiya Thomas, 11, Bradenton, Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Looks like the siblings are actually with her extended family. They are asking for clothing donations for them.

I would love to donate to the children specifically. But I don't trust the family that is collecting it.

I am just sick over this one. A child is missing for a year and nothing! Speechless.

So she moves the freezer from here, to there, to there and tells everyone it's locked because meat thieves. None of the extended family are concerned enough about not seeing Janiya for over a year to actually press it with her mother, then suddenly when they find out mama had her stuffed in the freezer all that time, they're all about the accounts to help with the siblings.

UGH. I can't say more without getting myself into trouble. Just, UGH!!

Video of the very short hearing in here...

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/crim...freezer-identified-as-janiya-thomas/74647832/

Police identify body in freezer as missing Janiya Thomas
The Bradenton Police Department confirms a child's body found in a freezer in Bradenton is 11-year-old Janiya Thomas.

They first found the body on Oct. 18 that they believed was Janiya. Now they are waiting for the medical examiner to figure out the cause of death to determine what charges may be appropriate.

For now, prosecutors have dropped the charge of contempt of court for her mother, Keishanna Thomas, who has refused to speak up about what happened to her daughter.

Looks like the siblings are actually with her extended family. They are asking for clothing donations for them.

How about we use our heads and get these kids away from this entire family until the hoopla dies down?!! I understand that the state would argue it's best to have the kids with someone familiar during this time...blah blah blah. I'm not sure I agree with that in all cases. If these kids haven't seen or spoken to any family in over a year I'm not sure it would benefit anyone but that family to have them there. These kids need unbiased counselors and a family who will welcome them, make them feel SAFE and offer whatever support they need to get them through this.

And sadly...I'm not sure this family is really in the best interest of these poor kids at this point...

There will be an arraignment for Thomas at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday in her dependency case involving her other children, ages 15, 12, 9 and 2.

http://www.bradenton.com/latest-news/article41452530.html

That's in a half hour. I'm not sure if it's just to officially remove her kids or to decide where the kids should live for now. Sadly, I think the kids will end up being placed with family members. I'm all for keeping families together but I agree with threecrazy kids and others that it may not be in the best interests of Janiya's sibs to remain with family, at least not for now.

Gov. Rick Scott announced Tuesday he will seek an addition $22.9 million in funding for the state's child welfare agency.
Scott's announcement comes a day after officials confirmed that 11-year-old Janiya Thomas of Bradenton had been found dead in a freezer in a relative's home.

Her family had a long history of involvement with DCF -- about a dozen encounters since 2004 -- but reports show that agency representatives had not seen the girl since June 2014.

http://www.bradenton.com/news/state/florida/article41534622.html

Jessica De Leon ‏@JDeleon1012
Keishanna Thomas is in the courthouse but attempted to refuse to appear. #JaniyaThomas

Jessica De Leon ‏@JDeleon1012
Circuit Judge Scott Brownell ordered she come out, told public defender this is not a hearing that appearance can be waived. #JaniyaThomas

Kim Kuizon– Verified accountKimKuizon FOX 13 ‏@kkuizon
Keishanna Thomas will appear back in court on November 24st 1:30pm @FOX13News #Manatee #Janiya

Dying to know......did they strap her down and wheel her in? Or just drag her (hopefully) shackled behind in there?

Sent from my fingertips using what remains of my brain.

Kim Kuizon FOX 13 ‏@kkuizon 3m3 minutes ago
26 pages of documents on Janiya Thomas have been released by DCF. Report highlights several disturbing facts

Mark Douglas ‏@WFLAmark 1m1 minute ago
Mother of freezer girl Janiya Thomas has history of injuring her kids & not taking responsibility according to released DCF reports @WFLA

ETA: "Freezer girl?" Wow, what poor taste Mr. Douglas!

If there were 26 pages of disturbing facts & KT has a history of injuring her kids, why didn't DCF do something? Janiya was missing for over a year!

That reporter called Janiya "freezer girl" How disturbing. Have some respect!

If there were 26 pages of disturbing facts & KT has a history of injuring her kids, why didn't DCF do something? Janiya was missing for over a year!

That reporter called Janiya "freezer girl" How disturbing. Have some respect!

ITA on both points! It's disgraceful that a reporter would dishonor Janiya - she went through enough of that in her short life.

Same reporter also says KT has a 15 year history with DCF, including family violence and failing to take responsibilty. Not surprising considering she won't cooperate now and is trying to avoid her court appearances. Like many bullies she's a coward!

BRADENTON -- The father of two of Janiya Thomas' siblings said Tuesday he wants custody of his children, after a hearing on possibly removing of all four siblings from the mother's custody.

Reggie Adams, father of Janiya's siblings, ages 12 and 10, appeared in court regarding their being sheltered by the Florida Department of Child and Families, along with Janiya's other siblings.

http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article41542575.html

wait. was Janiya 11 when she was last seen or supposed to be 11 now? how does that fit w 12 and 10 year old kids from another dude? what a mess.

BRADENTON -- The father of two of Janiya Thomas' siblings said Tuesday he wants custody of his children, after a hearing on possibly removing of all four siblings from the mother's custody.

Reggie Adams, father of Janiya's siblings, ages 12 and 10, appeared in court regarding their being sheltered by the Florida Department of Child and Families, along with Janiya's other siblings.

http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article41542575.html

wait. was Janiya 11 when she was last seen or supposed to be 11 now? how does that fit w 12 and 10 year old kids from another dude? what a mess.

According to a DCF Incident Report (not the one just released) Janiya's birth year is 2004 - the month and day were blacked out. The years given for her other sibs (names and birth month and day are redacted) are 1999, 2003, 2005 and 2013. So yeah, a tight squeeze. Is that even possible? I wish we knew the birth months.

Hopefully the new DCF report will be online soon.

http://archive.wtsp.com/assetpool/documents/151021053215_ThomasIR Redacted.pdf

well its pretty clear that if she was born in 2004 and there was in in 2003 and 2005, she had a baby from a different dude in between. that is so weird.

According to a DCF Incident Report (not the one just released) Janiya's birth year is 2004 - the month and day were blacked out. The years given for her other sibs (names and birth month and day are redacted) are 1999, 2003, 2005 and 2013. So yeah, a tight squeeze. Is that even possible? I wish we knew the birth months.

Hopefully the new DCF report will be online soon.

http://archive.wtsp.com/assetpool/documents/151021053215_ThomasIR Redacted.pdf

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kitty7766