GUILTY FL - Janiya Thomas, 11, Bradenton, Jan 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Question-
I'm assuming the filth was in another home than the one we have all seen pics of. From the pits to the Ritz.
Am I correct, that the horrid conditions were in a previous residence?

the horrible conditions were from 2004 if I remember right. The living quarters described in reports made in more recent years describe a clean neat spacious apartment

Reading through those awful reports....

"There are no implications for child safety based on the prior reports hx. There is no definitive pattern or frequency of similar allegations/maltreatments."

SERIOUSLY? I mean...SERIOUSLY?!?!?!

"There are no implications for child safety based on the prior reports hx. There is no definitive pattern or frequency of similar allegations/maltreatments."

yeah, that struck me the same way. :pullhair:

It's insane. And it's as if you can watch her learn, reading through that report.
Ah, keep the house clean. Check.
Agree to counselling/services? Check!

It's like a creepy primer for 'How to keep DCFS off your back'

After reading about this so called parent and so many others on WS that failed their flesh and blood, a shout out to my parents and all of yours--
Thank you for taking your job to raise your children as the most single most important thing in the world.

It's insane. And it's as if you can watch her learn, reading through that report.

OT but this is perfect if read in the voice of Lucille. I keep meaning to mention how much I appreciate your avatar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OT but this is perfect if read in the voice of Lucille. I keep meaning to mention how much I appreciate your avatar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bwahahhahaa! Thanks!
She's my awful favorite.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Totally O/T but... paramour? Really? Just seemed a bit Victorian era to me.

Yep, you're spot on. And she also learned that she could just ignore other directives after she was cleared:

Thomas learned not to cooperate fully with the Florida Department of Children and Families. She could just refuse any suggested services after an investigation was closed, regardless of the questionable conditions investigators found.
"The mother is consistently uncooperative with (Child Protective Investigators), and she does not follow through with services when they have been offered and put in place."

http://www.bradenton.com/news/local/crime/article41735826.html

What appalls me and makes me physically sick is that Child Protective Services seems to have routinely ignored the findings of experts (teachers, school nurses, medical professionals, etc.) and gone by the word of the children (who were scared Sh**less and intimidated by being beaten regularly and locked in bathrooms, having bleach thrown on them, whatever) and Keishanna and her live-in. What is wrong with these people? Why would the professionals lie? They had to wash up this poor teen with CP at school and provide her with deodorant, but b/c she and her mom "said" she was being bathed at home, they accepted that. Yet, faculty and staff at school could smell the child and other kids made fun of her for body odor. This is deplorable and I am SOOO angry. May God help these "adults" and have mercy on these precious children.

Totally O/T but... paramour? Really? Just seemed a bit Victorian era to me.
I don't know about Florida but this is how several CPS agencies call significant others in Virginia.

This case just breaks my heart. I would love to be a mom but I can't even find a man to marry much less have a family with. And this "mom" doesn't seem to care about her children. It's really a cruel world we live in.

According to a DCF Incident Report (not the one just released) Janiya's birth year is 2004 - the month and day were blacked out. The years given for her other sibs (names and birth month and day are redacted) are 1999, 2003, 2005 and 2013. So yeah, a tight squeeze. Is that even possible? I wish we knew the birth months.

Hopefully the new DCF report will be online soon.

http://archive.wtsp.com/assetpool/documents/151021053215_ThomasIR Redacted.pdf

My mother had four children in four years. March 1949 - December 1950- 1951- 1952. My sister and I are the same age for 16 days, and my brother was born three days after I turned one year old. So yeah it's possible.

This is getting old. Lonzie Barton, Chance Walsh, and now this little girl. When will CPS save kids and stop trying to keep" families" together? The need to face the fact that crappy parent don't change. They only get worse.

My mother had four children in four years. March 1949 - December 1950- 1951- 1952. My sister and I are the same age for 16 days, and my brother was born three days after I turned one year old. So yeah it's possible.
Wasn't Janiya premature? I have two cousins born the same year, one in March, the other premature in December.

More documents released in the case of Janiya Thomas

The Department of Children and Families just released more documents in the case of 11-year-old Janiya Thomas.

In the hundreds of pages of documents there was one common thread, abuse.

Keishanna Thomas’ children accused her of beating them. They said they were terrified of her.

One chilling line in the report is when one of the children whispers, “Please don’t leave me. Please don’t leave me,” to a child protective services worker.

The pile of pages paints a grim picture inside of Keishanna’s home and it also shows us how her own mother tried to find Janiya.

In the report, the grandmother said she kept Janiya at her home up until sometime in 2014 before Keishanna took her away. The grandmother described Janiya as a black china doll and her favorite. She even asked if CPS workers could find the 11-year-old and bring her by so she could kiss her.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...ticles/bn9/2015/10/29/janiya_thomas_case.html

RSBM
No words :( Why were these children left in her care?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Possibly Keishanna has a strong personality and is charming with strangers as well as manipulating. A true psychopath without any real emotions or concern for others.

Janiya paid the ultimate price, at least her death has opened the door for her siblings to finally get out of the hell hole their mom created.

Lots of hugs and warmth to Janiya and her siblings!!

It's perplexing. She clearly got no joy from motherhood -- so why not go ahead and let DCFS take the kids? It more or less absolves her of all responsibility, right? She can go right back to wallowing in her filth with her latest paramour and not having any kind of kids underfoot or in the bathroom. Simple enough, you'd think.

It's perplexing. She clearly got no joy from motherhood -- so why not go ahead and let DCFS take the kids? It more or less absolves her of all responsibility, right? She can go right back to wallowing in her filth with her latest paramour and not having any kind of kids underfoot or in the bathroom. Simple enough, you'd think.
Wonder if she received benefits of some kind because of the kids. It would be hard to give those up if you relied on them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

There's no monthly checks coming if that happens and unfortunately, "parents" like KT view having children, especially her two with disabilities (more money) as a source of income. A transaction completely devoid of the natural instincts and emotions normal parents have when raising a child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mt.Grannie
Back