FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all this preparation, and disguise, why park the car at high noon, broad daylight in a lower income housing complex where people are likely to be home during those hours? POI clearly wasn't familiar with the complex..It doesn't make sense to me that it was planned, I believe it was opportunistic or someone running on emotions and spent either the majority of the night or morning freaking out.

Right, and that is the profile of an LE imposter. Crimes of opportunity, not a targeted victim. LE imposter wears uniform as part of committing the assault, not as a disguise per se. I don't know if men impersonating law enforcement is a thing anymore, it used to be.

There was, for example, a motorcycle LE imposter here in Jacksonville in 2007 when I was doing this research. I will tell you an armed bike security guard imposter as a means of abducting women is not something I've heard of. In addition this particular uniform I've found in only two places; a south Florida security company that lost their license a year after Jennifer disappeared and descriptions of DoD bike patrol regs. I guess what I'm saying is it's a rare uniform to be an imposter with.

I have always considered it very possible that the car was just being parked by a security guard although I couldn't identify any security guard companies that would dress like this in the area. But I've always noted the equipment on the back in image 2 and now having seen the video of the car being parked it appears the POI is slinging backpack type equipment over his back when getting out of car. That just doesn't strike me as someone just moving a car (for example, was led to believe the car belonged to someone in HOTG and needed returned, something innocent).

As to being parked at noon, well, when's a good time to dump the car of a woman you've abducted? I have a hard enough time dealing with the minds of these sick *******, I'm not going to do a very good job of thinking like them. I don't subscribe to the abducted in her parking lot going to work belief as most do, but if that happened the abductor went through the car and disposed of every bag and case and disposed of them carefully enough they were never seen. Not to mention Jennifer as well. This in addition to whatever he abducted his victim for.

So he has her car and needs to move on to his home and probably work at some point. The best way of doing that is parking her car close to a major intersection where he could catch a bus either way on N-S or E-W, and closest one is Texas and Americana. It would have been simpler to park in strip mall parking lot across Texas from HOTG, but it also is obvious what happened, that car is dumped next to bus stop. By disposing of all her bags and parking at a prominent site at HOTG, there is great uncertainty as to what happened. In fact it is only with the surveillance that we know what happened.

People can say he should have known there was surveillance at HOTG, but there wasn't any at Mosaic. I live in a similar apartment complex in Florida then and now, and we didn't have any surveillance till last year. I'm not sure why someone would expect the POI to know there was surveillance at HOTG. I went there and the surveillance cameras aren't obvious (they are obvious at my apartments, they are at front gate).

Yes, bars obsured his face in the two frames taken while he walked up the lane. Total luck. But there was nothing sloppy about anything he did. It's eleven years later and he didn't leave a trace.

Now you could say well he could park the car in the dark, but then bus schedules are less frequent, walking is hazardous, you don't blend in like mid-day. I'm not sure what better time there is to ditch her car than at mid-day.

I can't think of any reason to disappear everything she would carry from her car other than to make it look like she went somewhere, and maybe she was taken somewhere. Goodness knows it is difficult to perform this horrible crime and disappear everything in the area in four hours.

Every observation helps, thanks. If someone has a chance to look at those shoes closeup, they are covered with bubble patterns which I recognize as similar to athletic shoes I've had in the past. He also appears to be wearing athletic socks.

Do you have a picture of the bubble patterns? I'd love to take a look at them. I can't spot them with my eye, or is there a time in the video you suggest I look at to see the pattern?

in the podcast, Erica says she saw jennifer in the office at Northbridge.
the only reasons i can think of why jennifer will be there is either she was hiding from someone...she was driving and someone followed her so instead of going to mosaic she went to northbridge.Or she was lured there by someone... she realized something is wrong and she went to hide in the office.
Erica also said she saw jennifer with another man , getting to a dark car. this was the monday night jennifer vanished.
i dont know if the woman she saw was jennifer but why would jennifet be there at night?
Is this man knocked on her door and lured her outside ?
maybe a security guard or an office worker or someone jennifer knew, so whatever story they told her, she went with them in her car to northbridge and once there things went wrong...she screamed for help...

With all this preparation, and disguise, why park the car at high noon, broad daylight in a lower income housing complex where people are likely to be home during those hours? POI clearly wasn't familiar with the complex..It doesn't make sense to me that it was planned, I believe it was opportunistic or someone running on emotions and spent either the majority of the night or morning freaking out.

That Mellinia area of Orlando is kind of "bi-polar" in that there are some very high crime areas, spotted in and out of attempts at gentrification, and then you have the Mall at Mellinia which has heavy security on site, but little protection for anyone followed out of that shopping center (which is something tourist sites warn you about.) So there are all these people struggling economically, living and working near those new to the area, who have some money and have possessions.

Most of the crimes reported at Mosaic and other complexes are theft. Rape doesn't seem to be as frequent. Although there was a rape reported by a man who might fit the description of the POI about a 13 minute drive from the area around that time.

So a crime that is just about rape, and not about theft as well, is kind of out of character. Jennifer was clearly the sole target of this crime--(so I am assuming this was a rape and murder). Her car is left virtually unused and untouched. A DVD player is left behind. None of her credit cards are used, and her apartment, which the abductors have a key for, is also left undisturbed.

The fact that her car never gets far the day of the 24th, seems to indicate that whoever did this was local. They could have lived at a nearby complex, or resided at Mosaic.

HOTG is located in an area with an even worse reputation, and the POI seemed relatively comfortable walking that area. And he probably blended in, because in the middle of the day, no one noticed him.

Given that this most likely happened in daylight hours, Jennifer was probably taken indoors somewhere. Either at Mosaic, or a nearby complex. But she never went far. And she may have been dead before she was even expected at work.

I think the gardners at Mosaic hold some important answers on this. They were there on the 24th by 7:30 or 8.

If Jennifer's car was in its spot after 9 AM, then the killer was on site, and this all went down in a unit at the Mosaic-the car was moved only as an after-thought. If Jennifer's car was gone when the gardners arrived, then Jennifer was probably forced to take her abductor and the car to another location. But that other location wasn't very far away.

There is no mention of whether Jennifer's car was in its spot when the gardners arrived, only that the gardners claimed they didn't see anything. But they should have noticed her car, or lack of car. She was parked right at the entrance, and I'm sure they noticed her when they worked.

And though this person appears to have blended in, if rape rather than money or theft was the objective, this person could be of means. They might actually own their apartment. None of the owned units at the Mosaic were searched.

What I'm wondering is if we are looking for a rapist, a sexual predator, rather than a common thief, and if so this person might not appear dangerous at all. In fact, some sexual predators will appear quite safe. It might be that Jennifer wasn't afraid of this person because she knew they lived there and owned. Perhaps this was how she was caught off guard.

Do you have a picture of the bubble patterns? I'd love to take a look at them. I can't spot them with my eye, or is there a time in the video you suggest I look at to see the pattern?

This is from the 6th image down on my Blowups page, which is a blowup of image 2 at the gate, posted between pictures of a shirt and shoe on the page. Right above the shoe in the image includes this cutout.

kessedarkened33.jpg

There is also a similar random pattern on the rough metal fence posts. Observing on my large CRT monitor where I orginally did the work (which is not set up today, I took the laptop on a trip and haven't set it back up yet), the bubble patterns on the shoe is very clear. I posted at time in 2007 that it probably could narrow down make of shoe. I also said same thing about the bike helmet and holster webbing for that matter.

The shoe picture I posted below it was I thought sort of close.

That Mellinia area of Orlando is kind of "bi-polar" in that there are some very high crime areas, spotted in and out of attempts at gentrification, and then you have the Mall at Mellinia which has heavy security on site, but little protection for anyone followed out of that shopping center (which is something tourist sites warn you about.) So there are all these people struggling economically, living and working near those new to the area, who have some money and have possessions.

Most of the crimes reported at Mosaic and other complexes are theft. Rape doesn't seem to be as frequent. Although there was a rape reported by a man who might fit the description of the POI about a 13 minute drive from the area around that time.

So a crime that is just about rape, and not about theft as well, is kind of out of character. Jennifer was clearly the sole target of this crime--(so I am assuming this was a rape and murder). Her car is left virtually unused and untouched. A DVD player is left behind. None of her credit cards are used, and her apartment, which the abductors have a key for, is also left undisturbed.

The fact that her car never gets far the day of the 24th, seems to indicate that whoever did this was local. They could have lived at a nearby complex, or resided at Mosaic.

HOTG is located in an area with an even worse reputation, and the POI seemed relatively comfortable walking that area. And he probably blended in, because in the middle of the day, no one noticed him.

Given that this most likely happened in daylight hours, Jennifer was probably taken indoors somewhere. Either at Mosaic, or a nearby complex. But she never went far. And she may have been dead before she was even expected at work.

I think the gardners at Mosaic hold some important answers on this. They were there on the 24th by 7:30 or 8.

If Jennifer's car was in its spot after 9 AM, then the killer was on site, and this all went down in a unit at the Mosaic-the car was moved only as an after-thought. If Jennifer's car was gone when the gardners arrived, then Jennifer was probably forced to take her abductor and the car to another location. But that other location wasn't very far away.

There is no mention of whether Jennifer's car was in its spot when the gardners arrived, only that the gardners claimed they didn't see anything. But they should have noticed her car, or lack of car. She was parked right at the entrance, and I'm sure they noticed her when they worked.

And though this person appears to have blended in, if rape rather than money or theft was the objective, this person could be of means. They might actually own their apartment. None of the owned units at the Mosaic were searched.

What I'm wondering is if we are looking for a rapist, a sexual predator, rather than a common thief, and if so this person might not appear dangerous at all. In fact, some sexual predators will appear quite safe. It might be that Jennifer wasn't afraid of this person because she knew they lived there and owned. Perhaps this was how she was caught off guard.

regarding the landscapers : I read that Drew Kesse said that the landscapers told LE that they did not see JK walking to her car that morning. They said that they were used to seeing her at that time of the morning, as she was going to work. This would likely mean that she was grabbed in the stairwell, and probably taken into a vacant apartment. jmo I also read that JK's downstairs neighbor, a woman, says she never heard anything unusual.

Of course, I do not know if the landscapers saw her vehicle parked there that morning ? I believe what they say, but I have no idea when they were interviewed. If it was early on, they would be more likely to remember accurately. jmo

regarding the landscapers : I read that Drew Kesse said that the landscapers told LE that they did not see JK walking to her car that morning. They said that they were used to seeing her at that time of the morning, as she was going to work. This would likely mean that she was grabbed in the stairwell, and probably taken into a vacant apartment. jmo I also read that JK's downstairs neighbor, a woman, says she never heard anything unusual.

Of course, I do not know if the landscapers saw her vehicle parked there that morning ? I believe what they say, but I have no idea when they were interviewed. If it was early on, they would be more likely to remember accurately. jmo

I just noticed this : "none of the owned units were searched" say what ?

I can't find any reports about Jennifer's neighbor. Do you maybe have a link?

<modsnip>

That gives whoever did this a lot of time to clean up a crime scene, and even transport all the evidence to a swamp. I think that there are a number of possibilities, but they all point to something happening pretty close to Jennifer's home.

And if she were found murdered on site at Mosaic this would not only kill future sales (the units were only half occupied at that time. But there might be potential for a major lawsuit. I have no idea if anyone at Mosaic participated in a cover-up, but I can see where they might have the incentive to do so.)

I wonder if the landscapers might have been afraid to get involved.

It's funny you mention this (about maybe the footage being at night), because I watch a 24 hr. webcam and that is what the night vision cam looks like!

I just noticed this : "none of the owned units were searched" say what ?

I have to find the article, but LE stated that none of the owned units could be searched. They only searched vacant apartments. This could be that searching an owned or occupied unit would have required a warrant, and probable cause-which given the missing person status (as opposed to a homicide investigation) may not have been doable.

I wish that some of these missing persons cases could be deemed a homicide investigation right off the bat.

I can't find any reports about Jennifer's neighbor. Do you maybe have a link?

<modsnip>

That gives whoever did this a lot of time to clean up a crime scene, and even transport all the evidence to a swamp. I think that there are a number of possibilities, but they all point to something happening pretty close to Jennifer's home.

And if she were found murdered on site at Mosaic this would not only kill future sales (the units were only half occupied at that time. But there might be potential for a major lawsuit. I have no idea if anyone at Mosaic participated in a cover-up, but I can see where they might have the incentive to do so.)

I wonder if the landscapers might have been afraid to get involved.

The info about the downstairs neighbor was a poster saying " and I heard that the woman downstairs from JK didn't hear anything unusual" Not worth much, so I guess it must be termed a rumor, even if it is true. Two days ? That probably explains the scant evidence. Some questions remain :

Did anyone recall seeing JK's vehicle that morning ?

Was there a DVD in the player ?

Did JK ever complain directly to the condo association about the guys who had been bothering her ?

Many more unanswered questions...jmo

This is from the 6th image down on my Blowups page, which is a blowup of image 2 at the gate, posted between pictures of a shirt and shoe on the page. Right above the shoe in the image includes this cutout.

kessedarkened33.jpg

There is also a similar random pattern on the rough metal fence posts. Observing on my large CRT monitor where I orginally did the work (which is not set up today, I took the laptop on a trip and haven't set it back up yet), the bubble patterns on the shoe is very clear. I posted at time in 2007 that it probably could narrow down make of shoe. I also said same thing about the bike helmet and holster webbing for that matter.

The shoe picture I posted below it was I thought sort of close.

Hi, first post here. Maybe look into Nike Air Max shoes? Those are the first that come to mind. I originally thought that the POI was wearing chukkas or desert boots, but I don't think the heel shape is correct.

Link to air max http://www.sneakers4u.com/media/cat...35df139433887a97daa66f/5/2/525230-015---3.jpg

It's funny you mention this (about maybe the footage being at night), because I watch a 24 hr. webcam and that is what the night vision cam looks like!

Yes, the infrared is on all the time on cheap surveillance cameras back at this time and that is night vision mixed with day vision. But you wouldn't be able to see as much of everything else at night. The headlights being on on Jennifer's car and how dark the parking video was when I took a look from the Sentinel link back then really threw me, but an astute poster informed me that that model had headlights that turned on when the car was started up.

I posted side by sides of nighttime during day a few pages back (previous thread now) and that's what it does to dark clothes.

Hi, first post here. Maybe look into Nike Air Max shoes? Those are the first that come to mind. I originally thought that the POI was wearing chukkas or desert boots, but I don't think the heel shape is correct.

Link to air max http://www.sneakers4u.com/media/cat...35df139433887a97daa66f/5/2/525230-015---3.jpg

Great to get your input on Jennifer's disappearance. I don't want to clutter up this main thread with a lot of shoe images, but yes, the arching tread on those is pretty close. But a couple of things. They need to be shoes that were worn back in 2006, they will probably be bike shoes (is that curved arch for bike pedal?), and they will have actual bubbles on the shoe. I have had those in the past, I have no idea what brands might have done that. This is a picture I have posted on a page with my blowups work that was pretty close:

bikeshoes.jpg

Am i right in thinking , no one observed her car at all on Tuesday morning? Or just not Jennifer? Ie was her car at its spot or not when the gardeners arrived?

Am i right in thinking , no one observed her car at all on Tuesday morning? Or just not Jennifer? Ie was her car at its spot or not when the gardeners arrived?

well definitely no one asked ever saw it Tuesday morning. It's not like anyone ever said I saw the car but I didn't see her that morning.

well definitely no one asked ever saw it Tuesday morning. It's not like anyone ever said I saw the car but I didn't see her that morning.

I have searched every forum and article I could find, and no mention, ever, is made of whether Jennifer's car was seen by the gardeners that day.

One thing that makes me think that this issue is up in the air, is that I did find an article where Drew Kesse states that he believes Jennifer never made it to her car that morning. So he either believes her car was there when the gardeners arrived, or that the POI had already moved the vehicle, only sans Jennifer, or with Jennifer subdued in some way.

James Hataway seems like a ringer for this disappearance. I know he was cleared, but he fits my idea of the person who did this. And he had a bunch of DUIs, so he may not have been able to drive at the time Jennifer was abducted, which might explain his taking her car. He owned a landscaping business, so the POI may have worked for him.

But again, I'm probably way off. And I believe Hataway was looked at and LE decided he had no involvement.

http://seminoleclerk.org/CriminalDocket/case_detail.jsp?CaseNo=592009CF002737A

I keep trying to search and find the answer but does anyone recall reading anywhere if when Jenn was on the phone with Rob that night, was she on her landline or cell phone?

Also, was this a number that she readily gave to people or just family and her boyfriend had the number?

Another question is do we know what Jenn's typical going out or dinner attire looked like? Did it resemble her work clothes and the heels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thundercoyote