FL FL - Jennifer Odom, 12, Blanton, 19 Feb 1993

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have no doubt that Hernando County Sheriff's Office will be all over this. I also bet he was on the radar back in 92. I don't know if there is any DNA in her case, just a partial print that so far hasn't been identified. But you never know, it is possible there is a link, the similarities are crazy. You just don't know who is living up the road, do you?

Jeffrey Crum was arrested in 2005 at an address on Neff Lake Rd. according to public records. Neff Lake Rd is in the Spring Lake area. This is where Jennifer Odom was found. Small world don't you think? So he's cultivating marijuana on property there? Hmmm. Seems like he knows the area.
http://www.hernandosheriff.org/.../records/arrests.aspx...
https://www.google.com/.../data=!4m2!3m1...

I was at the Dr office last week and some one brought up Jennifer's case and how they wished it had been solved. People around here haven't forgotten about her and still think about the case. I was hoping something would come of this arrest, and how the family can finally get some resolve from his arrest. Hoping the same for Jennifer's family.

This case if the reason I joined this site. I think about Jennifer all the time. I lived in Brooksville when she first went missing and rode the school bus with her cousin Tammy. I pray they find the horrible person(s) that did this and provide some closure for her family.

This case if the reason I joined this site. I think about Jennifer all the time. I lived in Brooksville when she first went missing and rode the school bus with her cousin Tammy. I pray they find the horrible person(s) that did this and provide some closure for her family.

Every couple of years this case has a way of being back in the news. I never loose hope that one of these days the news will break that Jennifer's case has finally been solved.

Here's news this morning in a different cold case!! Hope is alive!!

[h=1]Investigators hope to identify person of interest in 1984 cold case[/h]http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/news/article.html/content/news/articles/bn9/2016/6/9/investigators_hope_t.html

I pray that young ladies family gets some answers soon as well.

I'm from dade city Florida and we have all been haunted by the Jennifer Odom case. My question to anyone that may know the answer is if she was snatched from the side of the road and was carrying her book bag , purse, and instrument case at the time she was snatched. Wouldn't you think she would have dropped those items in a panic? And if she did drop those items the monster that did this would have had to grab her , force her in the vehicle, then turn back for those items? Does that mean there was someone else in the vehicle to hold her while the other went after what ever she had dropped? Are was it someone she new and she climbed in willingly? It may not have happened that way at all but these are just questions I have.

I have always wondered the same exact thing....I attended the same school and church that Jennifer did...I was a year ahead of her and she has been in my thoughts and prayers all of these years...I also made the same connection regarding Jeffrey Norman Crum - same MO and attack was within one month to an exact year of Jennifer's abduction...although it seems law enforcement must have some information regarding a San Antonio resident that now resides in Alaska - they searched the lake behind his home a few years ago, nothing was disclosed to the public ... I read that he was dating Jennifer's aunt at the time of her abduction.

I really hope that this family gets some closure and the right person is convicted of this evil crime.

I'm from dade city Florida and we have all been haunted by the Jennifer Odom case. My question to anyone that may know the answer is if she was snatched from the side of the road and was carrying her book bag , purse, and instrument case at the time she was snatched. Wouldn't you think she would have dropped those items in a panic? And if she did drop those items the monster that did this would have had to grab her , force her in the vehicle, then turn back for those items? Does that mean there was someone else in the vehicle to hold her while the other went after what ever she had dropped? Are was it someone she new and she climbed in willingly? It may not have happened that way at all but these are just questions I have.

It always seemed to me like it had to be somebody she had no reason to fear and got in with willingly.

I have been looking at google maps of the area and have since changed my first initial thought....for all of these years I forced myself to believe it was a stranger abduction....someone who saw her by happenstance getting off the bus alone and took the opportunity to abduct her however, she would have fought - she would only have gone willingly with someone she knew unless maybe threatened by a weapon or more than one assailant .... I really forgot how very rural the area is .... especially the location of where her home is located, I also looked at the area where she was found .... both locations are extremely close to I-75, a major highway ... this individual knew the area very well, no one just happens upon where she was taken and where she was found. If we go with the Crumb theory and he lived in the Hernando county area at the time, he may have placed her in an area that he thought he would be able to visit - however, the very limited info that I have been able to find about Crumb all points to a very sloppy, drug addict who may be an erratic killer - how would he have been able to go all of these years without getting apprehended for some kind of violent act against young women? And the only reason he was caught for the 1992 violent attack was due to a paternal DNA match to his incarcerated son? I am really hoping that if there is a connection the police will find it, hopefully something will be found.

This guy in Alaska who's fam owned the pharmacy could have easily stolen Rx drugs from the pharmacy to sedate the victim. And why would a fl guy, who loved water sports suddenly move to AK? We need more info on this guy.

My take on the suspect, not suspects, is this. Male who is educated, high school and some college if not a degree. The individual was smart enough to remove all clothing items so no trace evidence could be found. Also, I'm a Fl native and one thing we pay attention to is the weather and that person knew it would be raining excessively the day she was killed or placed on the trail, this would also help remove trace evidence. I don't think it was two individuals because it's hard for most people to keep a secret much less a murder. As for the finger print that was found, I can't believe there hasn't been a hit on it yet. I had read an interview between a local reporter and a detective and he said that they had sent out a DNA sample every couple of years for testing, so it seems they do have DNA. I want to know why the local PD's haven't released anything else in the case as far as details to the public to help and solve this case. Very frustrating.

I have always thought it was him but you would think the PD would have nailed him by now.

This case has always been troubling to me. Jennifer's family clearly needs answer. I am new to this thread, so the first question I ask is this:

Early in this thread, there are claims made by a James L. McIntyre in posts by Mel1024 alleging that a Keith Dwayne Nelson is the killer of Jennifer Odom, as well as three others. Were these claims ever verified or are they false?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My take on the suspect, not suspects, is this. Male who is educated, high school and some college if not a degree. The individual was smart enough to remove all clothing items so no trace evidence could be found. Also, I'm a Fl native and one thing we pay attention to is the weather and that person knew it would be raining excessively the day she was killed or placed on the trail, this would also help remove trace evidence. I don't think it was two individuals because it's hard for most people to keep a secret much less a murder. As for the finger print that was found, I can't believe there hasn't been a hit on it yet. I had read an interview between a local reporter and a detective and he said that they had sent out a DNA sample every couple of years for testing, so it seems they do have DNA. I want to know why the local PD's haven't released anything else in the case as far as details to the public to help and solve this case. Very frustrating.

WELCOME!!

How do we know all clothing items were removed? I don't remember seeing that in any articles. Do you know where that was written, thank you in advance.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_7041.jpg
    IMG_7041.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 127
This detail has been in many articles about the case. It's a significant detail, because DNA was in its infancy at the time. The killer might have paid attention to the Bobby Joe Long case where trace evidence was used in connecting him i.e. fibers from his car. Also '91 was when DNA was brought to the attention of the world with the OJ case. This person wasn't very "sloppy".

Does anyone know exactly when AKJ left for Alaska after Jennifer's murder?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quiet Place
Back