GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The defence says there was a gun, it doesn't matter what the police did or did not find. If this guy believed a weapon was pointed at him, or it was (and not fired), the psychology behind how someone would react in those circumstances is exactly like how people can and do react in battle situations.

It does not seem likely that this guy would have deliberately shot this kid for no reason. So, obviously, there was stuff going on in the confrontation that caused him to panic. Other than leaving the scene there does not appear to be any obvious attempts to flee or hide.

Snipped for space.

I think it matters a great deal what the police found and didn't find? The defense can say anything they like, but evidence speaks for itself. There was no gun. So there was no gun pointed at Mr. Dunn.

It was very likely that Mr. Dunn had no problem starting a confrontation with a group of teenagers while he was packing a gun for no reason so why doesn't it seem likely he would shoot an unarmed kid for no reason? I am sure there were words exchanged between the teens and Mr. Dunn, but words do not mean Mr. Dunn had a right to unload a weapon into an occupied vehicle.

Mr. Dunn not only fled the scene the night of the shooting, but when he found out he had actually killed a kid, he fled hours south. The only thing, since there appears to be no video, that helped apprehend Mr. Dunn was a witness who wrote down his license plate. Mr. Dunn made no attempts to turn himself into police. Not even his own police station where he lived. Did he contact a lawyer before or after he was arrested?

Mr. Dunn did flee and flee some more.

The defence says there was a gun, it doesn't matter what the police did or did not find. If this guy believed a weapon was pointed at him, or it was (and not fired), the psychology behind how someone would react in those circumstances is exactly like how people can and do react in battle situations.

People who say they would or wouldnt have done this or that do not understand that. It is easy to be the armchair referee about what did or didn't or should have happened after the fact. It is not so easy for the person actually in that position when it happened.

It does not seem likely that this guy would have deliberately shot this kid for no reason. So, obviously, there was stuff going on in the confrontation that caused him to panic. Other than leaving the scene there does not appear to be any obvious attempts to flee or hide.

This is the reason why citizens should not be allowed to carry arms. It is far too easy to use them with serious consequences in response to situations that require an immediate reaction where they are acting on instinct.

I am still waiting for the situation where someone pulls a gun, and half a dozen armed bystanders also pull their guns triggering an armed shootout where no one knows who the bad guys are and just shoot everyone they see. It is going to happen sooner or later.

This and tell that other crap to the cop that shot Ray Bodden

I agree with much of what you said. Particularly the last paragraph referencing wild west behavior because everyone is packing. This is one of my major issues with SYG law.

Howeve I must disagree with the BBM. The shooter, on hearing one of the teens was dead on the news the next morning, left the motel he was staying at and fled the area. He was apprehended 150 miles away by LE.
He had actually contacted his Lawyer and was in the process of turning himself in!

I think it is possible we will learn exactly what happened, whether some of us choose not to believe it is another story.

I think most likely there is video, likely from a camera phone of one of the teens, anytime something like this starts the camera is turned on. Something tells me the police have not and will not recieve it if it does exist.

Emotional goodbyes at Jordan Davis' visitation

full article and video at link:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/article/284527/3/Emotional-goodbyes-at-Jordan-Davis-visitation

Mother of Jordan Davis: Calling his death a hate crime would not honor him

full article and heartbreaking video of Jordan's mom at link:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...ng-his-death-a-hate-crime-would-not-honor-him

Wolfson High vigil honors student slain in Jacksonville shooting allegedly over loud music

full article and video with Jordan's dad at link:
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topstories/article/284336/483/Wolfson-High-vigil-honors-slain-student

In Jacksonville you are just as likely to be shot by the cops as any perp.

I have no desire to ever go to Jacksonville. My Tampa Bay Buccaneers could be playing in a Super Bowl at the Jaguars stadium and I still wouldn't go. Not after reading this thread.

Snipped for space.

I think it matters a great deal what the police found and didn't find? The defense can say anything they like, but evidence speaks for itself. There was no gun. So there was no gun pointed at Mr. Dunn.

It was very likely that Mr. Dunn had no problem starting a confrontation with a group of teenagers while he was packing a gun for no reason so why doesn't it seem likely he would shoot an unarmed kid for no reason? I am sure there were words exchanged between the teens and Mr. Dunn, but words do not mean Mr. Dunn had a right to unload a weapon into an occupied vehicle.

Mr. Dunn not only fled the scene the night of the shooting, but when he found out he had actually killed a kid, he fled hours south. The only thing, since there appears to be no video, that helped apprehend Mr. Dunn was a witness who wrote down his license plate. Mr. Dunn made no attempts to turn himself into police. Not even his own police station where he lived. Did he contact a lawyer before or after he was arrested?

Mr. Dunn did flee and flee some more.
He was in Jacksonville FL. that's reason enough to carry a firearm!

I have no desire to ever go to Jacksonville. My Tampa Bay Buccaneers could be playing in a Super Bowl at the Jaguars stadium and I still wouldn't go. Not after reading this thread.
Stay outside 295 and you will be fine!

I can speak for my area and we do have a lot of Black on Black crime. In city limits, there have been a record amount of murders like this in 2012. Drive by shootings. Same goes for the Hispanic community. A lot of Hispanic on Hispanic murders.

When you move outside of the city limits, 99.9% of the murders are white on white and they are especially brutal killings. Very graphic crimescenes. Over kill on the victim/s. Children are more likely to be victims too.

We can go around and around all day about things like this, but murderers come in all colors, nationalities, genders, ages, religions, etc...

This case is about a man who parked next to a car full of teenagers and started a confrontation with them and ended up unloading a gun into the vehicle the teens were in and killing one of the teens. Take race completely out of it and anyone in their right mind knows this is a clear case of murder, most likely a rage murder that was helped along by alcohol.

MOO

I can speak for my area and we do have a lot of Black on Black crime. In city limits, there have been a record amount of murders like this in 2012. Drive by shootings. Same goes for the Hispanic community. A lot of Hispanic on Hispanic murders.

When you move outside of the city limits, 99.9% of the murders are white on white and they are especially brutal killings. Very graphic crimescenes. Over kill on the victim/s. Children are more likely to be victims too.

We can go around and around all day about things like this, but murderers come in all colors, nationalities, genders, ages, religions, etc...

This case is about a man who parked next to a car full of teenagers and started a confrontation with them and ended up unloading a gun into the vehicle the teens were in and killing one of the teens. Take race completely out of it and anyone in their right mind knows this is a clear case of murder, most likely a rage murder that was helped along by alcohol.

MOO

Maybe, we will see!

Stay outside 295 and you will be fine!

Is Jacksonville really any worse than Detroit? Detroit is one of my favorite cities in the United States and it has a really bad reputation, yet, I have never had any problems while I am there and I have been in some really rough areas of Detroit?

I understand that there are area's where crime is more rampant, but from what one of our local members said, the area the shooting happened in was a good, low crime area with higher priced homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine