GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. And the fact is if the REVERSE had happened it would not have made the national news. In fact the reverse happens far far more often for various reasons and only the local news covers those events.

I will agree that black teens are far more likely to kill other black teens for various and totally uncalled for reasons than for cases like these to happen, but I do not believe that is the point you are making? Just so I am understanding this correctly, you are saying that black teens kill middle-aged-white-men far, far more often and claim self defense afterwards?

Just so I am understanding this correctly, you are saying that black teens kill middle-aged-white-men far, far more often and claim self defense afterwards?

I never said they claim self defense. I said it is far more common and it NEVER makes the national news. There is no outrage or national news coverage or claims of racism when it happens, is there? When the reverse happens it is called "robbery" even if nothing was taken.

That would be a travesty if the store did not have video. I did not read that, but I surely hope that is not the case. Does anyone know what kind of neighborhood the station was located in? Was it a high crime area? Do we have any locals here that could help us with the area this shooting occured in?

Local here

In the earlier news reports they were saying no video. It actually happen at a gate station which are similar to 7-11's. We just started getting 7-11 back here. I think we have maybe 3 open right now.

It's very unusual Gate didn't have video. That was some of the comments that where being made on some of the news articles. What a gate station with no video?

The area it happened is not a high crime area and it is actually a better side of town to say.

A lot of higher price neighborhoods.

Surveillance systems in convenience stores are intended to protect against robbery and internal theft. The cameras typically cover the interior, the front door, and the back door.

If this happened a ways away from the main doors there probably isn't any video, the cameras focus on the store not the parking lot. Convenience stores are mostly owned by smaller franchisees not corporations like WalMart that focuses on parking lots.

Every gas station I have ever been to, or worked at in the past, had security camera's that were not only inside and at the entrances, but at the gas pumps and covered the entire parking lot. Mostly because of gas drive offs, credit card fraud at the pumps, etc... Maybe Jacksonville is different than Ft. Myers, Florida?

I never said they claim self defense. I said it is far more common and it NEVER makes the national news. That is media racism.

Oh, I thought we were comparing this case to cases you are talking about and this case included a claim of self defense. That is why I wanted to make sure I was understanding it correctly.

I can really only speak of my own community, but almost every crime, murders especially, the victim and the killer are the same race. We have very few murders where the victim and the killer are of a different race. I can only think of one murder this year (and we've had plenty in my area) where the race was different? None of them made national news?

Local here

In the earlier news reports they were saying no video. It actually happen at a gate station which are similar to 7-11's. We just started getting 7-11 back here. I think we have maybe 3 open right now.

It's very unusual Gate didn't have video. That was some of the comments that where being made on some of the news articles. What a gate station with no video?

The area it happened is not a high crime area and it is actually a better side of town to say.

A lot of higher price neighborhoods.

Are the police reporting that there is no video or is that the media who is reporting there is no video?

If there is no video, I agree that is very, very unusual for any business, especially a gas station in a nice area?

Thanks so much for your time in answering my question. Hope you stick around and keep us updated.

Also, I only know about this case because I am a member here and looked into the other shooting where two teens were killed by a homeowner and seen this thread. So, it is not even making news here in SW Florida that I know of?

Every gas station I have ever been to, or worked at in the past, had security camera's that were not only inside and at the entrances, but at the gas pumps and covered the entire parking lot. Mostly because of gas drive offs, credit card fraud at the pumps, etc... Maybe Jacksonville is different than Ft. Myers, Florida?

This is the first station I heard of. Every gate station I have been to has the same as you mentioned. And gate stations are pretty big, not some small station/convenient store.

I thought this happened at a 7-11? Most 7-11's don't sell gasoline.

Yes most gas stations have cameras covering the PUMPS, not the entire parking lot.

I have worked in the surveillance business for several years, people buy those systems to protect against liability and theft that effects the business not random stuff that happens in parking lots. The cameras catch specific angles and they only buy cameras as needed to cover areas of concern.

A full length shotgun, but gang bangers prefer sawed off models.

The man may not even have realized it was sawed off, if one is pointed at you then you see the end of the barrel not the length.

The fact he said "shotgun" and not handgun makes me think he is probably telling the truth. If he were going to make something up he wouldn't likely have said shotgun.

Do we know if the teens were gang bangers?

Queen, do you mind answering another question? Do you normally have gang bangers hanging out in the higher priced/lower crime areas?

Are the police reporting that there is no video or is that the media who is reporting there is no video?

If there is no video, I agree that is very, very unusual for any business, especially a gas station in a nice area?

Thanks so much for your time in answering my question. Hope you stick around and keep us updated.

Also, I only know about this case because I am a member here and looked into the other shooting where two teens were killed by a homeowner and seen this thread. So, it is not even making news here in SW Florida that I know of?

When it was first reported the live news and online reports were saying no videos. I cannot find anything right now talking about videos at all.

Yes most gas stations have cameras covering the PUMPS, not the entire parking lot.

Then Jacksonville is definitely different than Ft. Myers, Florida because every single 7-11 here (and they dominate here), they are gas stations.

Like I said, from the gas stations I have worked at, the camera's do cover the entire parking lot. I am not saying that the camera's covered this particular store's parking lot. It is an unanswered question at the moment.

According to Queen, who is local, she is hearing that there is no video at all. Which I find very sad because IF the shooter is telling the truth, then all we have is witness accounts and a man who not only fled the scene of a justified shooting, but he fled the entire area after hearing that he had actually killed someone and in a juries mind, that might just happen to show consciousness of guilt?

No it was a Gate station! Similar to 7-11.

7-11 left this area about 25 years ago. They have just started coming back. The 7-11 that are opening now do have gas stations though.

No it was a Gate station! Similar to 7-11.

7-11 left this area about 25 years ago. They have just started coming back. The 7-11 that are opening now do have gas stations though.

Is this Gate Station a gas station or just a convience store? Please and thank-you!

When it was first reported the live news and online reports were saying no videos. I cannot find anything right now talking about videos at all.

Well, hopefully there is video and the police are just holding it close so they do a thorough investigation.

Do we know if the teens were gang bangers?

Queen, do you mind answering another question? Do you normally have gang bangers hanging out in the higher priced/lower crime areas?

Do not know anything about the teens other than what has been reported in news. Nothing negative.

Gang bangers hanging out in these area would be only to rob people , IMO.

Jacksonville.com

News4 jax.com

Firstcoastnews.com

These are the 3 local stations that I have been following the case on, if anyone is interested in reading what the local news is reporting on this.

Do not know anything about the teens other than what has been reported in news. Nothing negative.

Gang bangers hanging out in these area would be only to rob people , IMO.

Gotcha! You have been most helpful. I really hope more details emerge. The victim, according to one of the articles, had a job at a grocery store. I believe a Winn Dixie? Which did make me realize just how different SW Florida is to Jacksonville because I have not seen a Winn Dixie in YEARS! If this wasn't such a tragic case, I would laugh at how different it really seems to be.

He was probably a bagger and helped people out to their cars with their groceries.

Just a random thought, but it would be interesting to see Mr. Dunn's internet history. Just to see if he had made a donation to a certain somebody in a similar situation he has found himself in? It would also be interesting to know if he was peeved about a recent election.

Sounds like Mr. Dunn had some built up anger issues which could have been increased with some alcohol consumption before the encounter.

I am only assuming that Mr. Dunn and his girlfriend stopped off at the gas station after the wedding reception, so I want to make sure people understand I am only speculating that Mr. Dunn was drinking prior.

His name would not show up anywhere as a donor to GZ , if that is what your post is saying. Not to mention what a monumental stretch to connect the two cases in that way. Dunn should have hauled butt instead of shooting since he did have that option.

JMO

His name would not show up anywhere as a donor to GZ , if that is what your post is saying. Not to mention what a monumental stretch to connect the two cases in that way. Dunn should have hauled butt instead of shooting since he did have that option.

JMO

I did say it was just a random thought. I happen to have those a lot.

It is my opinion that Mr. Dunn should have never even said anything to the teens. He should have went into the store and to management to complain and allow management to handle the situation the way they felt best.

On another note, good to see you again, vlpate! :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member