GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Self defense indeed!

1) Who is he to tell these teens to turn their music down? Possiblely a reasonable adult Why did he not go into the store and make a complaint to the manager if he was so peeved at the music? Maybe he knew that the store clerk had no ability to make someone do anything It would be up to the manager to handle the customer complaint the best way he/she felt necessary. Who would be able to do nothing It was not this man's property to make such demands on a group of teenagers. No but it will make others be just a little more respectful of their souroundings!
2) Where is the gun the teen allegedly pulled on the shooter? Was it recovered inside the car? Around the crimescene (teen fleeing gunshots and throwing own gun into the bushes?)? Who knows there possibly wasn't a gun maybe something that the teens presented as a gun it happens all the time! 3) Had he already went to the wedding? Was he intoxicated from drinks being served at the reception? Quite possibly Drugs and Alcohol make you do stupid stuff! Unfortunately, alcohol would probably be completely out of his system before police caught up with him. Which is too bad. At least I can't blame police on a blood test not being done in this case. Thank God!

4) Video! Hopefully the confrontation was caught on tape and police have reviewed that tape. That could explain why an arrest was made so swiftly and why there was no delay in charges being brought against the shooter. There hasn't been any shown locally and there is said to be none of the shooting

I understand that not all people like rap music, but you don't see middle-aged black men shooting white teenagers for playing loud heavy metal, sometimes satanic music. Geesh!! <modsnip>

ETA: I just read the article and no such shotgun was found in the car the teens were in. Also, the attorney for Mr. Dunn does not say that the victim was the one who pointed the shotgun at Mr. Dunn so why was it that the victim was the only one shot? If Mr. Dunn was in fear for his life, I would assume that the shots would be directed at the person pointing the gun at him. Since the victim was in the back seat of the car, I would assume the gun, if the victim is the one who pointed it at Mr. Dunn, would have been found in the back seat with him.Because he didn't aim he just sprayed the bullets out!
Hope that helps

Good grief, this thread makes me angry and frustrated and sad.

Wy is it that every time a victim is a person of color, there's "got to be more to it". Or "I'll bet there were drugs involved". Or "chances are good someone in the car had a criminal record". Someone will say "statistics", to which I will say, your statistics are meaningless until black men stop being arrested and overcharged more frequently than white men for the same offenses.

Not to mention this small fact to keep in mind - people are people, not statistics.

And last - even IF someone in that car had a record, had a joint, had an attitude, or was playing their music too loud (and what teen DOESN'T?! ) - no one deserves to be shot and killed for it! Or assaulted! Or even confronted, for that matter!

I can't believe any of this even needs to be said. :sigh:

I think it's obvious the kid was the victim. The question is whether he was killed in a legal manner, or an illegal manner.
If someone makes a terroristic threat against another there is a victim even is that threat is not carried out! Was the teenager shot, yes. Does that make the teenager blameless?

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but from my knowledge Jordan was in the back seat, how could he possibly be playing music too load? To me the person in the drivers seat is responsible if the music was too load. Has anyone else stated that there was loud music? I have only heard that the shooter thought it was loud. Mr. Dunn is exactly where he needs to be IMO.

It was at a gas station/convenience store. If you look at the video the kids SUV isn't parked at the gas pumps. It's not unusual at all for people to go to gas station/convenience stores in order to just get something from the store. I think moreso if you're an out of towner. At least that's what I do while visiting my sister.

From what I've read the teens tried to back away after the shooting started, that might mean the vehicle wasn't at the pumps when the video was taken.

If someone makes a terroristic threat against another there is a victim even is that threat is not carried out! Was the teenager shot, yes. Does that make the teenager blameless?

I never said the kid was blameless, we don't know that yet. However, he's the only one who was killed. JMO

Good grief, this thread makes me angry and frustrated and sad.

Wy is it that every time a victim is a person of color, there's "got to be more to it". Or "I'll bet there were drugs involved". Or "chances are good someone in the car had a criminal record". Someone will say "statistics", to which I will say, your statistics are meaningless until black men stop being arrested and overcharged more frequently than white men for the same offenses.

Not to mention this small fact to keep in mind - people are people, not statistics.

And last - even IF someone in that car had a record, had a joint, had an attitude, or was playing their music too loud (and what teen DOESN'T?! ) - no one deserves to be shot and killed for it! Or assaulted! Or even confronted, for that matter!

I can't believe any of this even needs to be said. :sigh:
I have hearing problems loud music/noises hurts! Be respectful of your surroundings if you like to make loud noises!

Hope that helps

I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that I had wished white kids were shot? Actually, every single thing you wrote in response to my post makes no sense to me at all. So, we have different opinions and I will leave it at that.

According to Law Enforcement, Mr. Dunn is not the victim in this case as he has been arrested, charged, and is to be held without bond for the murder of 17-year-old, Jordan.

Maybe a jury in Pinellas County may find Mr. Dunn to be the victim in this case, but as of right now, he is not.

It doersn't have to be a shotgun or even a weapon. Jusrt something that resembles one!

Something tells me Drugs will also play a part in this case!

I agree that drugs may have played a part in this case. I believe Mr. Dunn was heavily intoxicated at the time of the shooting. He had just left his son's wedding reception. Alcohol is a drug.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but from my knowledge Jordan was in the back seat, how could he possibly be playing music too load? To me the person in the drivers seat is responsible if the music was too load. Has anyone else stated that there was loud music? I have only heard that the shooter thought it was loud. Mr. Dunn is exactly where he needs to be IMO.
Do you think the shooter targeted the person in the back seat of just shot randomly like most shootings including police involved shootings!

I get the local Jacksonville news channels. I live in Southeast GA. Just like all the people claiming the 2 teenagers in Minn. were good kids just to find out no they are not, this could clearly turn being it happend in Jacksonville FL. At this point proclaiming one person a Victim and the other not is jumping to conclusions, the shooter just my be the victim here!

According to Law Enforcement at this time, Mr. Dunn is under arrest for murder of Jordan. That right there makes Jordan the victim and Mr. Dunn not the victim. If police were still investigating and charges had not been brought against Mr. Dunn, then you would have a better argument about Mr. Dunn being a possible victim until charges were filed or not. Charges have been filed. He has been arrested and is being held without bond. That, at this time, makes him the accuses murderer and not the victim.

MOO

I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that I had wished white kids were shot? Actually, every single thing you wrote in response to my post makes no sense to me at all. So, we have different opinions and I will leave it at that.

According to Law Enforcement, Mr. Dunn is not the victim in this case as he has been arrested, charged, and is to be held without bond for the murder of 17-year-old, Jordan.

Maybe a jury in Pinellas County may find Mr. Dunn to be the victim in this case, but as of right now, he is not.

I think this happened in Duval County.

I agree that drugs may have played a part in this case. I believe Mr. Dunn was heavily intoxicated at the time of the shooting. He had just left his son's wedding reception. Alcohol is a drug.

Most likely
Agree 100% And I wouldn't rule out pot as well!

I have hearing problems loud music/noises hurts! Be respectful of your surroundings if you like to make loud noises!

If you don't like loud music, don't pull up right next to a car blasting loud music.

Which makes me wonder just how loud the music was playing at his son's wedding reception that night?? Would Mr. Dunn be okay with someone walking into his son's wedding reception and asking the DJ to turn the music down and after the DJ had words with the person, the person unloaded a gun on a crowd of people at his son's reception?

The gas station was not Mr. Dunn's property and he had no right to confront anyone. He could have went into the gas station and made a complaint to the manager and allowed the manager to deal with it.

You think Mr. Dunn only put these young boys lives at risk? What about the other people who may have been there? What if he would have hit a gas pump and the station exploded killing innocent employee's?

You may find his behavior acceptable, but I do not.

MOO

I think this happened in Duval County.

I'm talking about when this goes to trial. You know he'll ask for a change of venue. Pinellas County jurors seem to not be too bright, so he may have a chance getting off on all charges there.

According to Law Enforcement at this time, Mr. Dunn is under arrest for murder of Jordan. That right there makes Jordan the victim and Mr. Dunn not the victim. If police were still investigating and charges had not been brought against Mr. Dunn, then you would have a better argument about Mr. Dunn being a possible victim until charges were filed or not. Charges have been filed. He has been arrested and is being held without bond. That, at this time, makes him the accuses murderer and not the victim.

MOO
And if the police have it wrong and he gets exonerated that makes him what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine