GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To the mod: I certainly don't think I was making anything personal.
I think it's dangerous for anyone to jump to conclusions. That's not a personal attack. I think it's even stated by the mods that we shouldn't assume or jump to conclusions before the facts are out. I'm sorry if anyone felt that was a personal attack. I'd never do that.

Do we know if there were any witnesses other than the other persons in the car? Any video cameras at the gas station?

ETA: evidently there was at least one witness not involved. The link at the beginning of this thread indicated someone wrote down Dunn's plate #. I would imagine whoever this was could also tell whether the teens left and returned.

Most likely
Agree 100% And I wouldn't rule out pot as well!

I never thought about Mr. Dunn smoking pot?? Hmmmm.... could be, I guess? A lot of people, of all ages, smoke pot. Does anyone know how smoking pot and drinking alcohol effects people?

I would think had the police found drugs in the teens car that it would have been leaked? No way to know if Mr. Dunn had pot in his case since he fled the scene though?

Luckily, we have the Florida Sunshine Laws, so we should be getting some early police reports of the shooting soon.

And if the police have it wrong and he gets exonerated that makes him what?

That would make him exonerated of all charges. I'd have to see all the evidence myself before I could call him a victim though. All I can say, at this moment, is that he has been arrested, charged, and he is being detained until trial for the murder of this teenager. I can also say that there was no gun, according to police, in possession of any of the teens.

MOO

If you don't like loud music, don't pull up right next to a car blasting loud music.

Which makes me wonder just how loud the music was playing at his son's wedding reception that night?? Would Mr. Dunn be okay with someone walking into his son's wedding reception and asking the DJ to turn the music down and after the DJ had words with the person, the person unloaded a gun on a crowd of people at his son's reception?

The gas station was not Mr. Dunn's property and he had no right to confront anyone. He could have went into the gas station and made a complaint to the manager and allowed the manager to deal with it.

You think Mr. Dunn only put these young boys lives at risk? What about the other people who may have been there? What if he would have hit a gas pump and the station exploded killing innocent employee's?
You may find his behavior acceptable, but I do not.

MOO
Who pulled up first do you know?
I don't know what happend at the wedding do you, I think not! The gas station is private property but is open to the public, be respectful in public places and idiots might not want to shoot you!

You watch too much TV.
\Did I say I thought the shooters behavior acceptable?

I live in an area that is 95% caucasian. You hear loud music sometimes. Rock, Indie, Rap. Most of the time, it's a car with white males. It makes me sad that if my son did the same thing, he could be shot and it might just be okay because he's more likely to be a criminal or have a gun. My son is a homeschooled, quiet, curly head young man. He likes video games, reading comics and dancing. Did his tan skin tell you that?

Should we shoot at squirrely looking white men in public places because they are more likely to shoot me if they get too paranoid?

Indeed we don't know what really happend yet and will likely never know what really happened!

There are a lot of witness' to this from what I understand. The convenience store and parking lot, and surrounding area had quite a few people around, I believe. This happened before 8pm.

Do we know if there were any witnesses other than the other persons in the car? Any video cameras at the gas station?

It's been stated by local new media there is no video of the shooting, but you know kids today when something starts like this the first thing that comes on is the phone camera.

There are a lot of witness' to this from what I understand. The convenience store and parking lot, and surrounding area had quite a few people around, I believe. This happened before 8pm.
I thought I read around 1:38 am.

I don't know what happend at the wedding do you, I think not! The gas station is private property but is open to the public, be respectful in public places and idiots might not want to shoot you!

You watch too much TV.

Being disrespectful in a public place (and we don't know if they were disrespectful. What is too loud? Who determines that?) warrants a death penalty by a random citizen? That's crazy. When I see something outside that looks questionable, I call the police. They can determine what is allowed or not. Who is he to be judge and jury? It sounds to me that Mr. Dunn was the one with little respect for his fellow man.

I live in an area that is 95% caucasian. You hear loud music sometimes. Rock, Indie, Rap. Most of the time, it's a car with white males. It makes me sad that if my son did the same thing, he could be shot and it might just be okay because he's more likely to be a criminal or have a gun. My son is a homeschooled, quiet, curly head young man. He likes video games, reading comics and dancing. Did his tan skin tell you that?

Should we shoot at squirrely looking white men in public places because they are more likely to shoot me if they get too paranoid?
Chances are the music wasn't the reason shots were fired.

You watch too much TV.

According to what is being reported, Mr. Dunn pulled up next to the SUV with the teenagers inside.

I do not know what happened at the wedding, but have been to plenty to know that the music is not played lightly and it can become very, very loud with the right crowd.

Yes, the private property is open to the public, but it is still private property and Mr. Dunn should have talked to the person/s responsible for that private property at the time instead of being an aggressive <modslip> with a gun.

So, when I blast a country song in my car, I should expect to get shot because someone has anger issues and thinks he's a big tough guy with a gun? I think not!

I will play my music how I like. If a cop wants to pull me over and issue me a ticket for violating the city ordinance on loud music, then he has every right to because that is his/her job. Not the job of some random guy who thinks firing 8/9 shots into a car full of teenagers makes him a bada**.

Here's my question:

If this happened so fast and was just in self-defense, then why was the gun out? I mean, was he just driving around with a loaded gun?

Or did he get it out when he went to confront the teens? In which case, he entered into a confrontation armed BEFORE he saw the alleged shotgun.

Why did he feel the need to be armed? If he thought it might turn violent, why didn't he just drive away?

Everything we know so far, including the shooter's own statements and those of his lawyer, points to this guy starting the confrontation, escalating it, and finishing it.

If he is not held accountable, then no one is safe.

Since this happened at 7:40pm I wonder if he even went to his kids wedding. :waitasec:

I can't figure out if the teens had a shotgun, how on earth this man was able to get his gun out and shoot before they could even get a shot off? Was it pointed at him? Was it imagined? Where did it go when the police came?

He drove away and never called the cops? That's odd. If I'm in the right and believe I have defended myself, I will call the cops. Criminals break into my home, if I shoot them, I'll call the cops. Someone attacks me on the street, if I shoot them, I'm going to call the police. I really can't think of a time where I would shoot at people, leave the scene and go about my day as if it didn't happen. Color me confused. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine