GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning! We have the ice, snow, sleet, whatever, coming in this afternoon, with 5-8 inches predicted. My dentist "kindly" moved my appointment from Thursday to today and I have to go, like it or not. It's a 120-mile round trip and part of some extensive work I need to have done before I go on a major cruise. So, I will miss the closings.

The first thing I will do when I get back is see if there's a verdict. Then, I'll watch the jury instructions and closings.

Donjeta, I totally agree with you when you say:

I think there might have been doubt before Dunn got up and lied his way through his testimony. After Rouer got off the stand it was obvious that there was no gun. There's no way it's reasonable to me to believe that Dunn almost got shot and never said a thing to the love of his life. Rouer was very believable to me because it appeared that she was distressed by her own testimony and didn't want to be in a position to send her boyfriend to prison but she could say nothing else as it was the truth. The defense attorney's insinuations about her mental issues didn't do anything to me.

I totally understand her anxiety. She more than likely suffers from extreme anxiety and did not take any medication prior to both appearances. Even if she did, it would not be enough to deal with the situation she is in.

Dunn came across as, among other things, domineering and arrogant. How else can it be when he said that she "didn't understand self-defense"? She's just a weak woman to him, and he normally controls her.

However, she does have a powerful moral ground and can't tell lies, even in the face of possible consequences if Dunn gets off on the charges. She told him to do the right thing and call 911. She refused to say Dunn told her there was a gun. She made lie to Dunn's claim that he called his "LE" friend Ken to assist him in surrendering. Fortunately, the call was on speaker phone and Ken called Dunn to invite him to a social outing with not a hint that Dunn wanted to speak to him about a problem he was having.

If I were her, I'd re-locate today and find a good therapist.

I hope the jury rejects the defense claim that she is not capable of remembering due to her mental condition. The fact is, she probably remembers EXACTLY what happened and plays the entire situation in her mind day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year. Oh, she remembers and she is very, very afraid of the consequences of her coming forth to tell what she knows.

End of the rant which is all MOO, IMHO, ETC., ETC.

Well he is so guilty in my mind;however I don't like the first degree..I don't think he pulled in next to the suv with the intent to kill....i know at some point he decided to shoot but I see this more as second degree. He also has the three counts of attempted murder. I am listening to the jury instructions being hammered out and they are long and complicated. The attorneys cannot even understand them. This happens so often and it can really screw up the verdict. That is what happened to that last deal with Arias penalty phase. They really should have to make the instructions easy enough that the jurors don't have to worry so much about reading the complex language but rather concentrate on the crime. The judge seems really ugly with Strolla.

This is a big part as to why they were having so much difficulty yesterday with jury instructions:

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 12h
All sides here noticeably frustrated by recent change injury instructions from the state Supreme Court. #DunnTrial

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 12h
Healey: I've asked you people for days to make a decision on instructions. Strolla: we had, but then SupCt made changes #DunnTrial

How old is Dunn - that article from 2007 says 46 - I thought he was about that age now?

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com..._michael-dunn-suspect-testifies-dodge-durango

"I was in fear of my life and I was probably stunned," said Michael Dunn, 47, in his first day on the witness stand, where he broke down in tears several times."

aged 1 year between 2007 & 2014?

Boy I listened to the working out of jury instructions and Angela Corey came right out and said that recent changes have made their jobs impossible and I could not help but think if they can't understand them...how about a jury?

I could not help but notice that MD is so on task to go down the Zimmerman route...it is almost like he watched that case and result and wanted to get in on "hunting season" with the stand your ground.

His break down at mentioning Charlie was just crazy...this guy is a racist mentally ill person that needs to go away for a very long time.

My hero here is Ronda and if he is found guilty she really helped the case and seems like a nice person...the kind of woman that is easily impressed by a guy with an airplane and any job. I hope she gets some help....what women settle for is more than I can understand. Tons of creeps just like MD out there.

Looking forward to closing and verdict and watching him go away for good.

Morning peeps! Staying inside today and avoiding the ice. A good day to hunker down and watch the closing statements. I have milk, bread, lots of food, and oh yeah... wine and cigarettes lol. CarolinaMoon, take care as you do NOT want to get stuck in your car like thousands did 2 weeks ago here in metro Atlanta. :blowkiss:

Lawyers should begin in about 15 minutes to continue hammering through the details.

Last night I watched Amanda Hayes take the stand on youtube (thanks to Thetawni Dilly).. unbelievable.

Boy I listened to the working out of jury instructions and Angela Corey came right out and said that recent changes have made their jobs impossible and I could not help but think if they can't understand them...how about a jury?

I could not help but notice that MD is so on task to go down the Zimmerman route...it is almost like he watched that case and result and wanted to get in on "hunting season" with the stand your ground.

His break down at mentioning Charlie was just crazy...this guy is a racist mentally ill person that needs to go away for a very long time.

My hero here is Ronda and if he is found guilty she really helped the case and seems like a nice person...the kind of woman that is easily impressed by a guy with an airplane and any job. I hope she gets some help....what women settle for is more than I can understand. Tons of creeps just like MD out there.

Looking forward to closing and verdict and watching him go away for good.
Great post!
JMO-I agree with you on everything, except possibly the mental illness part. I'm not convinced he's ill. I think maybe what we are seeing is someone who's perfectly happy to be entitled, cruel, basically a really bad guy.

If he's convicted and sent to prison, he won't be the baddest guy there. I see some justice in that. He may get to experience intimidation, fear on a regular basis.

Great post!
JMO-I agree with you on everything, except possibly the mental illness part. I'm not convinced he's ill. I think maybe what we are seeing is someone who's perfectly happy to be entitled, cruel, basically a really bad guy.

If he's convicted and sent to prison, he won't be the baddest guy there. I see some justice in that. He may get to experience intimidation, fear on a regular basis.

Yes only he won't be able to go to the "glove box" for his gun.

Morning peeps! Staying inside today and avoiding the ice. A good day to hunker down and watch the closing statements. I have milk, bread, lots of food, and oh yeah... wine and cigarettes lol. CarolinaMoon, take care as you do NOT want to get stuck in your car like thousands did 2 weeks ago here in metro Atlanta. :blowkiss:

Lawyers should begin in about 15 minutes to continue hammering through the details.

Last night I watched Amanda Hayes take the stand on youtube (thanks to Thetawni Dilly).. unbelievable.

I think it starts at 10 ET today not 9

I have a question for gun enthusiasts. I know nothing about guns, have never handled one, don't own one. I am aware there is a process that one goes through to have a CCW permit.

In your training for gun ownership, do they teach you about Assessing and reassessing a situation before discharging your firearm? I figure the police do, but what about private citizens? TIA

Please pardon my ignorance about guns. Thanks again.

I have been thinking a lot about this case and why Dunn felt compelled to shoot into the car. He said Jordan was "disrespectful" and the prosecutor and detectives called Jordan a "mouthy" teenager.

I have dealt with my own "mouthy" teenager" and she has had her cell phone, keys and door removed. Never once did I threaten to kill her. I have on occasion threatened my male German shepherd with going to the pound when he chewed a very expensive pair of shoes.

In the ER, I experienced my fair share of disrespectful patients of all races, mostly young males. I have been called all kinds of names, including "chalk faced *advertiser censored*". I have been spit on and had equipment thrown at me. Never once did I take an IV pole and whack them in the head or use the largest bore needle I could find. Typically, I just got quiet and simply asked them if they wanted my help or not. If it escalated, Security was called. Despite the threats, names and disrespect, I never once threatened anyone in return.

This is where I have a problem understanding Dunn's actions that night. He had a choice to de-escalate or simply not engage. Did he really feel threatened? To the point where he thought his life was in danger? Was he truly scared?

With complicated jury instructions, I wonder if Dunn will be convicted of lesser charges like manslaughter. I will be shocked if he is convicted of 1st degree. I think the jury may consider the actions of Jordan Davis and render a lesser verdict. He certainly deserves a higher conviction, but this is a Florida jury and I am not sure what they will do. Hopefully, Mr. Guy will deliver an excellent closing and show the jury why Dunn deserves 1st degree.

IMO, JMO, JMV

Morning all, it's safe to touch my key board again. Imo the best part of yesterday's events was after Rhonda testified and was leaving Dunn was quickly rubbing his chin over and over. Imo body language of a deceitful man. Jmo

ciao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member