GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Fellow WSers! It's been a long time since I've posted, but I've been lurking quite a bit. I live in Minnesota, we don't have SYG and frankly, from my experience, we don't have near the racial issues of many other states. If Dunn had committed this crime in Minnesota he would be convicted in no time. It boggles my mind how being in another state in the same country can be so much more dangerous for black youth. It breaks my heart that a young life can have so little value to someone. So little value that being annoyed at them for refusing to turn down their loud music and maybe tossing you a dirty look and a couple insults makes you think it's okay to take their life. It absolutely disgusting and unjust. America is broken, it will be broken until it is made safe for all our young people. It's truly tragic that this great country can't or won't make the changes needed to protect all of it's people, especially our youth.

Thank you, Ticya. This answered some of my questions and relieved my worry that his instructions could have led to a mistrial or grounds for appeal.

the appeals I am finding record of where a challenge is made on the reading of an Allen Charge seem to be challenging situations wherein the judge did not read the Charge verbatim but rather, used their own wording or interpretation of the Allen Charge. In other words, instances where judges strayed from the appropriate text of the charge as approved in that state and instead improvised.

http://fernichlaw.com/do-not-enter-or-modify-or-erase/client-uploads/CA2_Opinion_-_Copy.pdf

http://www.mdcourts.gov/opinions/cosa/2013/1306s12.pdf

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-9th-circuit/1116362.html

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/us-2nd-c...d+(FindLaw+Case+Law+Updates+-+2nd+Circuit+COA)

How is knowing if a mistrial will be declared going to help the jurors decide guilt or innocence? That is their only job.

If I planned on not making a compromised verdict on one count (so a mistrial on it) but thought that he could have another chance at what we were unanimous on if no compromise, I'd change my mind.

For me, though, I'd compromise anyway on that count. M2 is better than a later chance at NG. That's another reason I think they might have a person voting NG on the murder counts.

But we have folks here who say they wouldn't compromise past M1, so it really could be that.

WAT seems to be live but it is set on the "Wild About Trial" screensaver.

UGH Zimmerman is going to be interviewed monday morn on CNN
:facepalm: Smart of them to advertise that NOW.[/QUOTE

confirms that msm will keep these cases whipped up to play on the viewer's emotions, other wise why play GZ interview? this is foul as hell. what are they implying? if Dunn gets off he and GZ can open a kill and free club. anger here. jmo

They will do any thing for ratings :banghead:

If I planned on not making a compromised verdict on one count (so a mistrial on it) but thought that he could have another chance at what we were unanimous on if no compromise, I'd change my mind.

For me, though, I'd compromise anyway on that count. M2 is better than a later chance at NG. That's another reason I think they might have a person voting NG on the murder counts.

But we have folks here who say they wouldn't compromise past M1, so it really could be that.
You would CHANGE your mind based on not on evidence put forth in the trial, but on a possible mistrial?
I must be mistaken, because I thought that their entire decision was to be based on trial testimony.

oh no....per NG? they might be hung up on all the charges pertaining to Jordan?

I believe that is true. I believe they can not decide between Premeditated and second degree.. That is all. I don't believe they think he is not guilty at all.

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 1m
Defense attorney Cory stroll a leaves courtroom with bailiff. #DunnTrial

That's what it appears to say. We tell jurors what they "can't" do (outside research, etc), but specifically telling them to go around and state the weakness of their own positions seems to me to create fodder for those on the other side. And the part about "no interrupting"? Ha! What if one juror has said the same thing 50 times in 4 days, and repeats it again? Everyone would have to sit there and listen to it again. I dunno. As I said, IANAFL, but this feels awfully strange to me.

I just read my own state's Allen Charge and it goes even farther than the FL one as far as telling jurors how to go back and attempt to come to unanimous decision and reexamine their own views

How is knowing if a mistrial will be declared going to help the jurors decide guilt or innocence? That is their only job.

They asked about a mistrial if they can't agree on all charges. IMO, because they don't want to think that all of their time was wasted, even if they are deadlocked on one charge. They are definitely trying their best.

I just read my own state's Allen Charge and it goes even farther than the FL one as far as telling jurors how to go back and attempt to come to unanimous decision and reexamine their own views

You are a smart cookie... Just sayin... :)

You would compromise not based on any evidence put forth in the trial?
I must be mistaken, because I thought that their entire decision was to be based on.

Yes, because whether certain defendants are locked up matters very much to me. Juries not only do compromise verdicts, they even do jury nullification verdicts sometimes.

I'd of course weigh what I thought the next jury would probably do. But I'm scared of the mentality of some juries! I'd take what I could get as long as it seemed harsh enough.

I don't understand why so many of you think the jury is debating only guilty vs not guilty on count 1. It's possible they ALL think he is guilty of murder, but just disagree as to the degree. 7 might think it was premeditated and 5 might think it was not. I think they all know he murdered Jordan Davis, but are unable to agree on the level of the murder. Does that make sense?

No, I am saying they could all think he is guilty they just cannot agree on the level of murder.

I believe that is true. I believe they can not decide between Premeditated and second degree.. That is all. I don't believe they think he is not guilty at all.
Because of Jury question #8 from earlier today. They specifically asked about self defense for each person in the car. Unfortunately, that tells me they believe Dunn about JD threatening him, yet the others did not. :(

[video=youtube;CcxLd-ye5K0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcxLd-ye5K0[/video]

Do we know how much time the judge (love him, by the way) will allow between the jury deciding and the verdicts being read?

Isn't it like 30 minutes?

You really believe if it was a car full of white grannies blasting Air Supply ........

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
I know this is a serious matter .. but is it wrong of me to say how much I laughed when I read that?

A welcome bit of humour to break the tension of waiting for this verdict!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks