FL FL - Justin Walker & Brian McCluney, overdue fishermen on boat, Port Canaveral, 16 Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Fifth day missing. Best scenario is that they are simply floating along in a disabled vessel. . Hopefully they have enough supplies on board to last the duration of this search. Everyday, it probably expands farther north and maybe east, but also west toward the coast. What an immense area to find a tiny boat. The irony that they were taking it out one last time before supposedly selling it. My fingers are so so crossed for their rescue.

News conference- 5pm
No real news-
coast Guard is lead search org.
tomorrow will go from Jax to Savannah/Brunswick Ga.
Volunteers needed w/ boats safe for 60 miles offshore
covered close to 13,000 sq. mi. today and will
continue into this evening. Some ships will
stay out overnight searching, as they have since fri. night.
Biggest challenge is northerly current .
finding trash out there is not unusual.
Today had 75 boats LE and civilian
11 aircraft in search, 2 still out there now.
Will begin major search tomorrow at 7am

Well... that is the coolest site!!!!!! Who knew you could look at all the planes in the air.....where they are going and even what they look like....I'm amazed! Don't know the answer to your question though...I just found one plane that was marked "blocked" and I have no idea why they would do that. That one WAS right in the search area though.
They tend to block any military planes and such. When Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 went missing a few years back you could see some of the search planes but others were marked blocked.

"Friday night, we did have some weather come through, but Saturday, Sunday, Monday and into today, we've had favorable search conditions offshore," said Vlaun, adding that Gulf Stream currents make things a little more difficult. "You get into the Gulf Stream and you have a swath of water that moves much faster. And on the back side of that ... you get currents that are more unpredictable."

At a news conference on Tuesday, Capt. Vlaun of the Coast Guard said the mission to find the missing men is "absolutely 100 percent still a rescue operation." He did not say for how long, though, but did say that an end to the search would be his call.

"Ultimately, that's a decision that will fall to me and I can only tell you that for today we're continuing to search and we're searching heavily based on what we learned today," Capt. Vlaun said Tuesday. "Each day we effectively have to take a look at what did we find the day before ... and do we still have a reasonable chance for success. For today, that answer is yes."
Firefighters still missing at sea after four days, but the Coast Guard says the search is still a rescue mission

Search for missing fisherman expanded up Georgia coast

Hopeful: Search for missing firefighters ranges from Port Canaveral to South Carolina

Last edited:
just about everyday we have thunderstorms and
windy, rainy conditions here in Central florida.
Many of these storms eminate from the east coast and move onto land.
I've wondered if storms were in the area on Friday or Sat. but even our local news is not
addressing this.
It can get very rough and choppy offshore on stormy days.
If you scroll down the Coast Guard Twitter there is a pic of the radar for where they were going that day.
USCGSoutheast on Twitter

When I hear about major operations that divert resources to one particular area, I find myself thinking "great time to rob a bank." I guess when the waters around Florida are involved, I should be thinking "great time to smuggle some drugs" lol IMO

If you scroll down the Coast Guard Twitter there is a pic of the radar for where they were going that day.
USCGSoutheast on Twitter
That boat seems fairly small too. That area of disturbance was being watched for development into a tropical system. I remember hearing the report from Weather Channel and the concerns. It wasn't supposed to come ashore, instead head up the coast and out to sea. Scary it seems they were in the same area.

When I hear about major operations that divert resources to one particular area, I find myself thinking "great time to rob a bank." I guess when the waters around Florida are involved, I should be thinking "great time to smuggle some drugs" lol IMO
You are thinking activity normally taking place in South Florida coming from the Caribbean and Central America ,the area being searched is North Florida and off Georgia.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back