FL FL - Justin Walker & Brian McCluney, overdue fishermen on boat, Port Canaveral, 16 Aug 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hate to even suggest this....but is it possible for someone to start a Media Thread?
I have never started a thread before and would likely goof doing it.:(

There seems to be so much great information being released, it would great to have it all in one place as a resource.

(I hope that the moment a Media Thread gets started, they are found!;))

From the second link:

[...]

He said the search area covered 50,000 square miles, and that searchers were focusing on the area about 50 miles east of St. Augustine, around where a tackle bag was found that McCluney’s family confirmed was his.

“That’s a large data point” that, combined with computer modeling and re-creation of tidal drift, allows the search to focus on the area between St. Augustine, Florida, and Savannah, Georgia, rather than farther north, Vlaun said.

They know when the two left and they know the timing of a cellphone ping off Cape Canaveral at a well-known fishing area, he added.

Searchers are scouring the one photo they have of the boat, identifying what the two left with on Friday. “We haven’t had any conversations with anybody who saw them that day.”

[...]

The U.S. Coast Guard is searching for two firefighterswho appear to have gone missing during a fishing trip in Florida, CBS Jacksonville affiliate WJAX-TV reports. Brian McCluney and Justin Walker were last seen on Friday departing a boat ramp in Port kCanaveral.​

Their families notified the Coast Guard after the pair failed to return home that evening. The Coast Guard deployed a search plane and several boats and are being assisted by the Navy and Brevard County Sheriff's Office.

McCluney works as a firefighter for the city of Jacksonville while Walker is a master technician for the Fairfax County, Virginia Fire and Rescue Department.

McCluney's wife wrote in a Facebook post that the Coast Guard moved its search north.

upload_2019-8-20_13-4-53.png
Surveillance footage shows the Brian McCluney and Justin Walker, who were last seen departing a Port Canaveral, Fla., boat ramp Friday, Aug. 16, 2019. The U.S. Coast Guard is searching for the firefighters, who went missing on a fishing trip.U.S. COAST GUARD

Coast Guard searching for 2 missing firefighters who disappeared off Florida coast during fishing trip

Missing firefighter grew up in Vero Beach

Justin Walker & Brian McCluney: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Massive Search Underway for Firefighters Who Vanished During Boat Trip: 'We're Gonna Find Them'

JFRD Chief on search for missing Florida boaters: 'These guys have the skills to survive a long time'

Volunteer who found tackle bag felt called to come search

Missing boater's wife posts 'miracles happen' hours before tackle bag found

Last edited:
From the 3rd link:

[...]

The U.S. Coast Guard said it has three aircraft and the same number of cutters out to “absolutely saturate that area” near where one of the missing men’s fishing tackle bag was found off St. Augustine.

[...]

“There’s more than 70 boats that are participating in this, a combination of JFRD boats, civilians and some local law enforcement and fire departments. We also have about 10 aircraft that are flying certain segments,” Powers said. ”... Again, I want to thank the community for their support in this effort. Without them it wouldn’t be possible what we are doing and I want you to please remember these two families.”

Vlaun did confirm the recovery of a foam cooler lid in that area but did not know if it was part of the missing firefighters’ gear.

[...]

“To give you an idea how broad and how involved, we have had Navy P-8 aircraft flying almost constantly out of NAS Jacksonville. We have had Customs and Border Protection aircraft flying out of Florida,” Vlaun said. “All of which has been dedicated to a search trying to bring Brian and Justin back.”

Coast Guard aircraft have been pulled in from Savannah, Ga., North Carolina, Clearwater and Miami, plus a cutter from Charleston, S.C.

[...]

“For today we are continuing to search, and we are searching heavily based on what we learned yesterday,” he said. “Each day we have to effectively take a look at what did we find the day before and do we still have a reasonable chance of success. For today that answer is yes.”

MISSING BOATERS OFF PORT CANAVERAL: Coast Guard, other agencies searching for two boaters

Update Aug. 20 at 12 p.m.: JFRD says they will cover about 12,600 miles today in their search for two missing firefighters. There are 10 aircrafts surveying the area and several boats with the help of law enforcement, fire and rescue and civilians. Today's focus is reveiewing the area where a tackle bag was found on Monday. Officials say there is no timeline to the length of the search. Crews have found a number of debris and trash in the water, such as a styrofoam cooler lid. It was found in the same geographical area as the bag.

BBM

MISSING BOATERS OFF PORT CANAVERAL: Coast Guard, other agencies searching for two boaters

Update Aug. 20 at 12 p.m.: JFRD says they will cover about 12,600 miles today in their search for two missing firefighters. There are 10 aircrafts surveying the area and several boats with the help of law enforcement, fire and rescue and civilians. Today's focus is reveiewing the area where a tackle bag was found on Monday. Officials say there is no timeline to the length of the search. Crews have found a number of debris and trash in the water, such as a styrofoam cooler lid. It was found in the same geographical area as the bag.

BBM
That is not good news...... Thank you for the info.....moo

The wife is awfully happy and smiley in all her interviews. I find it very odd

The wife is awfully happy and smiley in all her interviews. I find it very odd

I don't think it's odd...she is trying to appear strong, and positive........she also has great faith, both religious faith and faith in the excellent training and strong survival instincts of her husband and his friend.

My .02 is that she was keeping it together for the interview.
She seemed nervous and sad.
I'd have to have a spokesperson as I'd be a blubbering mess.
The specific one is from the interview yesterday. She is seen laughing out loud before the interview. I'm not in her situation so I guess I don't know how I would act. lol

Was there a sudden squall...
Wonder what happened ?
I thought in the the Yahoo link video-- McCluney's wife looked brave but very frightened. :(
just about everyday we have thunderstorms and
windy, rainy conditions here in Central florida.
Many of these storms eminate from the east coast and move onto land.
I've wondered if storms were in the area on Friday or Sat. but even our local news is not
addressing this.
It can get very rough and choppy offshore on stormy days.

The specific one is from the interview yesterday. She is seen laughing out loud before the interview. I'm not in her situation so I guess I don't know how I would act. lol
I noticed the smiling. ^^^

At my friend's moms' funeral-- she started laughing out loud while tears ran down her face.
People were appalled.
But she told me that it was laugh or scream in pain , and the laugh came out.
At that time she was bundle of nerves and there was some trouble going on in her family.
Her mom was an angel and was treated badly by both her husband and her son-- my friend's older brother.

I think that this has to be nerve-wracking and hoping for some good news.
But the fact that they and the boat have vanished looks bad.
And by all accounts they were experienced fishermen.

I'm wondering if they had any sort of on-board GPS device.
Like the type used by around-the-world sailors or maybe professional sport fishermen ?
David Paulides mentioned a beacon that can be worn on your body as well.
If you're lost in the woods.

And since no one had spoken to them that day (normal if you get up early and just set out on the ocean ), did they tell the families where they were planning to fish ?

Sorry if this was already answered.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties