GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From a public records search, RE's parents have lived in a community in that area since 2004. I will not post location because the parents are not suspects; however, suffice it to say that if they lived there for that long, then RE will be quite familiar with that area. The entire area has a tremendous amount of preserve area with woods, marsh, swampy conditions, etc. There are also a large number of subdivisions built in the 2000s with retention ponds as well as industrial complexes closer to the interstate. It's a large, complex area that's going to be challenging to search. Some areas are difficult to access - in fact in recent years they've had to occasionally just contain forest fires burning and let them burn in the government preserve areas. I'm hoping that commercial and residential video surveillance can help them narrow down potential search locations.

That's so depressing. :(

Did LE ever get a solid time for when the neighbor saw the car running with keys in it? That was reportedly around 8 pm Thursday. So can't be in the car or have the car if the car is sitting running somewhere else. This was reported very early on but I haven't heard anything else about it.

"It started getting dark, and that car was out in front of my house, and we didn't think anything about it," Fleming said. "We thought it might have been one of the neighbors."

John Fleming, who lives about a mile away from the complex, said he saw the car in front of his home yesterday afternoon before it started raining, but he said the car was gone by the time his son came home at 10:30 p.m. Thursday. He said he'd never seen the car in the area before.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/police-...theft/34330746

The Honda Civic was found by police abandoned in that same area on Cesperdes Avenue Friday morning, about 50 feet from where Fleming said he saw it the day before.

BBM Could it have been earlier in the afternoon and getting dark before the storm, or dark before nighttime? This could make a big difference IMO.

Jacksonville resident here. I was taking out my trash this morning and saw news trucks in the entrance of Sheffield Park. I ran back in to check the news before leaving for work and saw that New Berlin Elementary was the second command post now. NBE is literally right across the street from my house. I have never attached pics before in a thread but this is what I saw pulling out of my street... The first is the entrance to the park (right next to NBE) and the other two are the NBE front parking lot.

IMG_9089.JPGIMG_9088.JPGIMG_9092.JPG

If he did park the car in front of the neighbor's house for hours, then left it only 50 feet where LE found it, this was planned.

Why did Lonzie's mother drive herself to work and then Ruben move over to the driver's seat and continue to drive? If the kids weren't in the car (assumption by me) why did he even need the car? To pick up the kids left who knows where? (assuming the kids were left alone somewhere). He didn't actually drive her to her work since she drove the car herself. Why?
She may be "cooperating", but it sounds like she isn't telling a whole story either. Unless, LE knows and they are trying to trick Ebron.

They asked for surveillance going badk to 7:00 pm, which is significant. I have a feeling Lonna was out and about with the car, and picked up Ebron at the laundry mat on her way to work. Maybe she had the kids and dropped them off there, or maybe Ebron had them all day. We don't know, but there are some time gaps and unanswered scenarios. I hope LE has these answers and is just keeping it close to the vest.

Jacksonville resident here. I was taking out my trash this morning and saw news trucks in the entrance of Sheffield Park. I ran back in to check the news before leaving for work and saw that New Berlin Elementary was the second command post now. NBE is literally right across the street from my house. I have never attached pics before in a thread but this is what I saw pulling out of my street... The first is the entrance to the park (right next to NBE) and the other two are the NBE front parking lot.

View attachment 79105View attachment 79106View attachment 79107

Thank you for the local news!

:tyou:

View attachment 79105View attachment 79106View attachment 79107

Is this the first time there has been such heavy media presence since the searches started?

TIA...:seeya:

[video=twitter;626742571113541632]https://twitter.com/JSOPIO/status/626742571113541632[/video]

[video=twitter;626743527582601216]https://twitter.com/JacobLong_FCN/status/626743527582601216[/video]

I had wondered what ties the suspect had to North Jax / Oceanway that would cause a search to be shifted.

From a public records search, RE's parents have lived in a community in that area since 2004. I will not post location because the parents are not suspects; however, suffice it to say that if they lived there for that long, then RE will be quite familiar with that area. The entire area has a tremendous amount of preserve area with woods, marsh, swampy conditions, etc. There are also a large number of subdivisions built in the 2000s with retention ponds as well as industrial complexes closer to the interstate. It's a large, complex area that's going to be challenging to search. Some areas are difficult to access - in fact in recent years they've had to occasionally just contain forest fires burning and let them burn in the government preserve areas. I'm hoping that commercial and residential video surveillance can help them narrow down potential search locations.

I was wondering the same thing about the ties to Oceanway. There is so much marshland and water surrounding the entire area of the parent's house and I am sure, as you said, that he knows the area quite well since his parents have lived there over ten years. Also there are so many subdivisions around there but not all that far away there is vast amounts of open (sparse houses), wooded space out towards Pumpkin Hill and Black Hammock Island.

Ebron got muddy that night.

I was thinking that very thing, and he did say he took clothes to the laundry mat, then went to his apt to do cocaine before picking Lonna up. Then the supposed abduction, which was all a lie, but did he take muddy clothes to the laundry mat before 2am? Lonna said she last saw Lonzie at the laundry mat 8 pm, so the whole early morning laundry mat run was strange.

thanks for the heads up on the shift in activity and the photos 3kgirlsmommy. It is good to see you posting. :)

"Jacksonville Sheriff's Office Chief of Investigations Tom Hackney said the distinctive car belonging to Ruben Ebron, the boyfriend of Lonzie's mother, may have traveled up Interstate 95 or Main Street Thursday night after dropping the children's mother off at work.

Given that new information, Hackney asked anyone who lives or works east of I-95 between the Southside and Nassau County to try to remember if they saw that car (pictured below) or to review any surveillance video to see if it passed their business or home." http://www.news4jax.com/news/2nd-command-center-open-on-northside/34436626

“The potential strongly exists that he's told somebody (where he left Lonzie)," Hackney said of Ebron.

I think LE might feel someone else is involved from evidence.

I'm certain someone else is involved, since there was a 3rd person in the car when Lonna got dropped off.

His car is not muddy. What time did the storms stop?

Maybe they should search the car washes on the north side for footage.

A car wash could be the reason for the stop at the kangaroo gas station on the SS.

"Detectives said they're also analyzing records from several mobile phones, including Ebron's, to try to track where Ebron and Lonzie might have been before the toddler disappeared."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double