GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=twitter;628668001382998016]https://twitter.com/WJXTvic/status/628668001382998016[/video]

I couldn't quote jaroba07's post. Sooooo, Ruben wants money now? :furious:

His mother must be so proud of her little entrepreneur. I hope his family and friends see him for the low life he is and spill their guts for the reward money.

Whoever it is who knows where Lonzie is besides this better own up. Call the hotline, remain anonymous and take the money. This gets NOTHING except jail time for the rest of his life.

It used to be that Laundromat was a TM trade mark name. You used to have a particular brand of washing machines to name it that. I don't know it's the same now, but I've seen it spelled all kinds of goofy ways.

Totally off-topic, but the "establishments with coin-operated washing machines" that call themselves "coin laundry" always has me do a double-take, because why would you want to wash your pocket change?

Is there a "timeline" somewhere? I've managed to totally confuse myself here. I was thinking the Lonzie's mother was taken to work straight from the laundromat. Now I'm reading that the last time she states that she saw Lonzie was at the laundromat. How can that be? Help?

What's Ebron gonna spend the money on anyway? Cigarettes and candy bars in jail? He makes me so mad, him with his snarky attitude.

Here's a little video from yesterday:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/reactions-to-surveillance-video/34521400

Nothing new, mainly that Ebron's parents have "no comment" and when the reporter went to Macclenny to speak to Lonna and her family he was asked to leave. There's a short clip of Lonzie's great uncle JB who said Ebron's family is in denial. Uncle says anyone in their right mind knows Ebron did something to Lonzie. A News4 crime analyst spoke briefly about the possiblity of LE offering Ebron a deal (i.e. to take the death penalty off the table) in exchange for him telling where Lonzie is.

Good luck with that. Ebron's not going to talk until he decides it's in his best interest to do so. He's clearly a control freak.

Is there a "timeline" somewhere? I've managed to totally confuse myself here. I was thinking the Lonzie's mother was taken to work straight from the laundromat. Now I'm reading that the last time she states that she saw Lonzie was at the laundromat. How can that be? Help?

We've been working on this collectively today. Please make additions/corrections for items that are wrong or missing:

Update #3, with time LE found the abandoned car, still running

Afternoon (before 7pm when it started to rain): car parked near where it was later abandoned

8pm: Laundromat (were the kids there too?)

8:30pm: Lonna drove car to her work. It was raining. Manager says WE got out of passenger seat and went into drivers seat. Third person was in car as seen on video, but not confirmed to public if that was 5yo daughter.

Up until midnight: rain

12:33am at gas station

2:10am Ebron seen on video running from where he parked the car. He left it running. Carrying a shirt in his hands.

2:19am Ebron calls 911 from home about stolen car and abduction. (LE says Lonna was on her way home...but not sure this means at the time the call was placed or when LE showed up??)

2:30am Manager says Lonna ended her shift at work. She received a ride home from someone.

2:40'ish: LE find abandoned car, still running (found about 20 minutes after 911 call)

PLEASE CONTINUE WITH CORRECTONS/ADDITIONS. Thanks!!

Another AHA. I had forgotten this part about the car. If they had to lift the hood to start the car, how did they normally turn it off? Go back under the hood? If so, that would explain why he left it running - he couldn't risk the time it would take (and the noise) to turn it off.

Thanks.

I think there were issues with the starter and that's why he had to go under the hood to start the car. Probably a solenoid bypass. This still needs to be done with the key in the ignition and the car on. Perhaps he could remove the key when the car was running? He must have taken the keys when he returned to the apt because he was specific about that in the Florida Star article, although he claimed he took them out in the parking lot to get back into the apt, even though he later claimed the roomate and 5yr old were up watching TV. He also claimed there was a switch to start the car once he had done something under the hood so perhaps this is not the issue. :waitasec:

Either way, I believe the car needs to be turned off with the key so that is why he left it running. His story included him having the key so the "carjacker" would not have been able to turn it off.

He was thinking...no question. Taking off the shirt to prevent it from getting sweaty, leaving the car running to go with his story. He thought he was smart enough to pull it off. Gotta love video surveillance. :giggle:

MOO

He probably wants money to try to bond himself out since he knows now his parents sure won't be helping him out. If that were to happen he'd take off for sure so they better be prepared to pile on the charges to keep him in there.

MOO

What about that presser for Lonna? Is that still happening?

ETA: I haven't seen anything about this except for Lisa Robbin's tweet from this morning.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/n...e-barton-sends-message-ruben-ebron-fac/nnCtY/

Father of Lonzie Barton sends message to Ruben Ebron on Facebook

-snip--

Hours after that (car/running ruben) video was released by police, Chris Barton sent a message on Facebook.

“Let these words sink into your sickass brain Rubin ...” the post read, followed by the heavy metal song "5 Minutes Alone," by the group Pantera.

Also on Facebook, Barton defended Lonzie’s mother Lonna Lauramore, posting a response to someone else’s comment:

“Yes me & mom talk every day and she is really a mess, she's with our daughter and her other son where she should be...If she was out beating the streets the Media wouldn't let her get anything done believe me she's tried. I know there are some negativity I feel it more than anyone but the resentment for her mistake will have to wait till BabyMan is found,” Barton posted

Whoever it is who knows where Lonzie is besides this better own up. Call the hotline, remain anonymous and take the money. This gets NOTHING except jail time for the rest of his life.
Jail time... Do they have the death penalty in Florida?

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/n...e-barton-sends-message-ruben-ebron-fac/nnCtY/

-snip--

Hours after that (car/running ruben) video was released by police, Chris Barton sent a message on Facebook.

“Let these words sink into your sickass brain Rubin ...” the post read, followed by the heavy metal song "5 Minutes Alone," by the group Pantera.

Also on Facebook, Barton defended Lonzie’s mother Lonna Lauramore, posting a response to someone else’s comment:

“Yes me & mom talk every day and she is really a mess, she's with our daughter and her other son where she should be...If she was out beating the streets the Media wouldn't let her get anything done believe me she's tried. I know there are some negativity I feel it more than anyone but the resentment for her mistake will have to wait till BabyMan is found,” Barton posted

Thank you for sharing this! I saw both those posts this morning but didn't think I could share it (what I read on SM, not this article) here since it was from SM. I can't even begin to imagine how CB must be feeling. :(

Thank you for sharing this! I saw both those posts this morning but didn't think I could share it (what I read on SM, not this article) here since it was from SM. I can't even begin to imagine how CB must be feeling. :(

Ugh...that makes me so sad. And it hits me hard because I often call my almost 2-year old "baby man."

-snip--

From your link:

Tuesday, Action News requested an on-camera interview with him but this was his response:

“No, it is not beneficial to me unless they are paying,” Ruben Ebron said, via the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office.

:mad: Ooh, I just want to slap him.

--ruben explains why he left the (hot wired) car running, and took the keys w/ him.

http://jacksonville.com/breaking-news/2015-07-31/story/florida-star-interview-william-ruben-ebron

Florida Star: Why did you leave the car running with the children inside?

Ebron: We were getting ready to go pick up my girlfriend from work and I remembered an item and decided to go back into the house to get it. The five year old followed me into the house.
I took the keys but left the car running to allow me to open the front door.

We often leave the car running because you have to raise the hood to start it the first time. After that, there is a switch inside.
Once you turn the car off you have to go back under the hood to start it.
Lonzie was asleep and the five year old was playing games on my phone. She wanted to stay there so I left her watching TV with my roommate. I had to re-charge the phone before being able to make the 911 call after I discovered the car was missing.

Again... doesn't the roommate you left a five year old with have a phone? I thought the story was 5 year old went down to the car what happened to that story? When was this interview done

It used to be that Laundromat was a TM trade mark name. You used to have a particular brand of washing machines to name it that. I don't know it's the same now, but I've seen it spelled all kinds of goofy ways.

You are showing your age :giggle:

Channel 4 news (WJXT?) lead on their local news tonight with an interview with the man who said he'd seen the car parked near his house earlier in the day. He said he saw the car there about 10 hours prior to the time when LE located the car after 3 am.

He said LE told him the owner of the car might have been doing a practice run to see how long it would take him to run back to the apartments.

I haven't checked their website to see if this is shown there yet. I would think it's there by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010