GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After a month outside in the hot Florida summer, I doubt there is a body left to move. He was trying to escape, IMO, because he wants to get out and back to his life (drugs/partying/etc), not because he wants to move a body.

He has a lot of charges piling up. Maybe some incentive to strike a deal?

IMO

sometimes lighters get smuggled in and they melt and sharpen plastic. deoderant containers are also used. ive seen a shank made of soap.

So he acquired some orange plastic and some black plastic. He wasn't making a shiv, so a simple melting and sharpening isn't enough. It had to be shaped. We are not talking about a shank, we are talking 'handcuff keys' TWO of them. Probably a good job that it wasn't a weapon, could have presented a real problem for the guards.

No matter who his 'incarcerated driver' is, he has discussed his escape plan with them, including where to meet. So this 'plan' was created during face to face visits with an outsider or a phone call to arrange the driver. I will infer that these were not monitored too closely.

He obtained two pieces of plastic that could be shaped into handcuff keys. Unlikely a toothbrush unless he also had a knife or lighter to cut/mold the shape. (so he obtained this item also). He has plenty of alone time between meals to shape his keys.

He smuggles said items to a court date since it mentions that he 'tried' the keys and then gets them BACK into the prison in his mouth and sock. Aren't inmates searched at all upon entry and exit?

He also has some one on one time with his fellow prisoners because when he discovers his driver is incarcerated he discusses a plan 'b' with an inmate.

Fortunately this inmate 'spills' before the Baker County court date, wears a wire to collect evidence and WRE is charged.

I understand that things can get past the guards, but EVERYTHING got past them here. This is an uncooperative suspect in the murder of a child, a violent addict and dealer. What would it take to have had a guard watch his movements/visits/calls a little more closely?

What if it had been a shiv not a key, and he used it whilst on his court outing?

We are all (myself included) calling this guy an idiot, but he got a LOT of stuff past the guards in less than a month (closer to 3 weeks).

how are you going to unlock your legs without the officer seeing? lol

He already tried out his keys without anyone seeing.
I do NOT think he is smart, his plan was seriously flawed, but I am concerned with how much he did accomplish in such a short space of time. An officer could have been seriously injured if he had made a shiv to take on 'escape day' since he would be able to unlock his handcuffs.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ml&StatuteYear=2015&Title=->2015->Chapter 944

[SIZE=-1]944.40 Escapes; penalty.—Any prisoner confined in any prison, jail, private correctional facility, road camp, or other penal institution, whether operated by the state, a county, or a municipality, or operated under a contract with the state, a county, or a municipality, working upon the public roads, or being transported to or from a place of confinement who escapes or attempts to escape from such confinement commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. The punishment of imprisonment imposed under this section shall run consecutive to any former sentence imposed upon any prisoner.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ng=&URL=0700-0799/0775/Sections/0775.082.html

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]d) For a felony of the second degree, by a term of imprisonment not exceeding 15 years.

--on the other charges:

[/SIZE]
[FONT=&]Statute: 843.021(2) Description: UNLAWFUL POSSESSION OF CONCEALED HANDCUFF KEY

--3rd degree felony

[/FONT]
[SIZE=-1](e) For a felony of the third degree, by a term of imprisonment not exceeding 5 years.

[FONT=&]Statute: 777.04(3) Description: CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY - 2ND/3RD DEGREE FELONY/3RD DEGREE BURGLARY CRIME

--2nd/3rd degree felony

[FONT=&][FONT=&]Statute: 951.22(1) Description: INTRODUCE OR SMUGGLE CONTRABAND INTO DETENTION FACILITY

--3rd degree felony
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Well he wont be getting out anytime soon.

Lol, that Ebron. He's so smart he's going to keep on till he gets a life sentence.

KatieMcKee ‏@KatieMcKeeANjax [video=twitter;637332602744111104]https://twitter.com/KatieMcKeeANjax/status/637332602744111104[/video] Ruben Ebron has been denied bond on all charges except one @ActionNewsJax #anjaxbreaking
Hallelujah! WRE just keeps digging his hole much deeper.

JSO now has more time to methodically continue with the search/investigation without having to worry about him being released.

Now, back to Where is Lonzie? I keep looking at the map trying to see if there is any clue that maybe we have missed. For never being in Duval County I am sure getting to know the streets pretty well.

i saw someone suggest he was in water w weights and i asked if it weas in MSM that weights were missing but never got a response. so im not sure.

I posted yesterday that it was my opinion and my opinion only that he was placed in a suitcase, weighted down and placed in a body of water. Is that what you are referring to?

my take is that he won't tell where lonzie is because he, WRE, might think that he cannot be convicted without a body
but, wasn't there a case were a murderer was convicted without a body been found?
this little boy deserved better, such a short life...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So he acquired some orange plastic and some black plastic. He wasn't making a shiv, so a simple melting and sharpening isn't enough. It had to be shaped. We are not talking about a shank, we are talking 'handcuff keys' TWO of them. Probably a good job that it wasn't a weapon, could have presented a real problem for the guards.

No matter who his 'incarcerated driver' is, he has discussed his escape plan with them, including where to meet. So this 'plan' was created during face to face visits with an outsider or a phone call to arrange the driver. I will infer that these were not monitored too closely.

He obtained two pieces of plastic that could be shaped into handcuff keys. Unlikely a toothbrush unless he also had a knife or lighter to cut/mold the shape. (so he obtained this item also). He has plenty of alone time between meals to shape his keys.

He smuggles said items to a court date since it mentions that he 'tried' the keys and then gets them BACK into the prison in his mouth and sock. Aren't inmates searched at all upon entry and exit?

He also has some one on one time with his fellow prisoners because when he discovers his driver is incarcerated he discusses a plan 'b' with an inmate.

Fortunately this inmate 'spills' before the Baker County court date, wears a wire to collect evidence and WRE is charged.

I understand that things can get past the guards, but EVERYTHING got past them here. This is an uncooperative suspect in the murder of a child, a violent addict and dealer. What would it take to have had a guard watch his movements/visits/calls a little more closely?

What if it had been a shiv not a key, and he used it whilst on his court outing?

We are all (myself included) calling this guy an idiot, but he got a LOT of stuff past the guards in less than a month (closer to 3 weeks).

I think all it takes is a bobby pin!

my take is that he won't tell where lonzie is because he, WRE, might think that he cannot be convicted without a body
but, wasn't there a case were a murderer was convicted without a body been found?
this little boy deserved better, such a short life...

Well No one was charged for Little Haleigh Cummings!

I think the "missing weights" came in somewhere on Thread#5 around posts 821

I think the "missing weights" came in somewhere on Thread#5 around posts 821

Hmmm... Missing weights sound to me like these creeps (including Lonna here) weighed our baby down in the water. Just when I don't think there's anywhere lower to go...

I think all it takes is a bobby pin!

Which would be a great response if WRE was charged with owning a bobby pin, and wouldn't concern me as greatly since I could see how that could be a single incident that got past the prison officers.

ETA . Sorry if that came across as rude. I was shocked to see how simple it is to obtain a handcuff key, and how unsophisticated they are.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/ruben-ebron-to-appear-in-court-for-escape-plan/34973050

“Even if he had gotten the handcuffs off, it would have been close to impossible for him to escape,” News4Jax crime and safety analyst Gil Smith said.

“If the key actually worked on the handcuffs, he could have gotten the handcuffs off. Now an actual escape from the van would have been much more difficult, because you can't open the jail van from inside. It has to be opened from the outside,” Smith said. “And once the van arrives at the jail in Baker County or Duval County, it goes into the sallyport. And then the garage doors are closed and locked before they even open the jail van.”

Why is nobody talking? I do not understand. Never seen a case kept so quiet. In the circle those two run in, the drug etc., you would think someone would talk.

Why hasn't Nancy Grace picked this story up?

It's making me nuts.

Two of them? In less than a month? That takes materials, time, and other covert actions. If swapped, for what?
What exactly is the job of the warders? I would have thought that preventing escape (or assaulting staff) were on top of their priority list.
I could make a handcuff key out of a pen in about 20 minutes. That jail is very secure and there are several layers of security for transported prisoners, he needed much more than a handcuff key to escape. i think he was lying to the other inmate about having a driver lined up. all of his communications are monitored.

I wish he HAD a plan worked out with Lonna waiting with a getaway car. Then LE could have waited and watched and gotten them both.

Now that the main players are entwined is legal issues for awhile, it seems that larger scaled organized searches should be planned, assuming LE is willing to direct and ready to reveal how widespread the possibilities are. If LE is not sure of potential areas, I'm not sure why they did not ask all businesses and homeowners with surveillance cameras in Duval and surrounding counties to check for 'the car' from 2pm to 2am. There are only a few key paths (highway bridges) for getting to the west side and, eventually MacClenny, so I assume there are cameras that LE has already viewed and ruled out. Sure would be nice for MSM/news/press to nail down LE on possible size of search area..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95