GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the main players are entwined is legal issues for awhile, it seems that larger scaled organized searches should be planned, assuming LE is willing to direct and ready to reveal how widespread the possibilities are. If LE is not sure of potential areas, I'm not sure why they did not ask all businesses and homeowners with surveillance cameras in Duval and surrounding counties to check for 'the car' from 2pm to 2am. There are only a few key paths (highway bridges) for getting to the west side and, eventually MacClenny, so I assume there are cameras that LE has already viewed and ruled out. Sure would be nice for MSM/news/press to nail down LE on possible size of search area..
They did.
They also went door to door along several lb roads asking personally to check video cameras. they collected so much video.

Sometimes I feel like I'm trying to do the puzzle with only 1/4 of the correct pieces 1/4 wrong pieces and 1/2 missing. So frustrating to keep the lies, truths and hypothesis separated.
Like LL's involvement. I was positive that she wasn't involved, then thought her actions/ reactions were strange , then thought her involvement was neglect and now after hearing the story from the girl that gave her the ride home it's obvious LL's actions are disturbing. She either knew what was going to go down before it happened are does an amazing job compartmentalizing in major trauma.
On her ride home (because WRE didn't want to wake kids as she tells it). She either lied to the gal and already knew about the "car abduction". (Why??? Seems like that would be a very valid reason to bum a ride) or found out on way home ( why then keep it a secret and ask to be dropped off a block away). We have to assume she found out before stopping at Pine Crest Apartments. But then why not freak out in front of co worker and have her speed to your house? Why the drop off and the lie to JSO officer. All this lying does not addup -even if she didn't know, wouldn't she freak out when JSO starts talking about missing 2 year old. I would think you would drop any pretenses of not knowing a drug dealer once it became known your son was missing while in his care.
Was her plan to lurk around and not be seen? Maybe go get the car? This fracture of logic is unnerving me.

You are spot on with all you wrote. She may have been texting the person she was meeting to get money (supposedly) and may not have been able to reach WRE (because he was busy with the police).

I think it was biding time. I suspect a typical mother learning of a missing child would be frantic and go ballistic! Her behavior from Day 1 has been very odd.

Again great post :)

Can't begin to imagine what they'd be like if they had a brain cell between them :facepalm:

They did.
They also went door to door along several lb roads asking personally to check video cameras. they collected so much video.

The surveillance checks were in specific areas only. If LE is convinced the potential search area is defined, more reason to restart LE supervised/directed searches. Does anyone think WRE or LL will give up where Lonnie is?

Found this #821 post #5 thread.Read thru a few pages after that but didn't see a response from QueenD.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by QueenD
Not sure, but I guess LE isn't given up, they showed on the news yesterday a fast clip of them searching another retention pond yesterday. It was the opening of the news story. Not sure which station cause I was flipping around trying to hear the secret recording.

It did say they spent x amount of time searching this retention pond, and it was still in the general area they had search on south side.

I'm thinking they have reason to believe he is in water, and I think he is weighed down with the missing weights in a duffle bag.

Greetings from the UK. I've been lurking here since it was first announced that little Lonzie was missing and like everyone else its touched my heart.

What made me post today was while reading through the latest developments I remembered something Chief Hackney said on the press conference when LL was arrested which stuck in my mind at the time...I'm paraphrasing but he said when asked how long they had known about LL lying to LE about knowing RE etc without going into details and giving too much away there was a reason why they were acting at this late hour (In the interview listen from about 5 min 30)

Could it be possible that in the phone calls which they have said have been recorded and visits which will surely have been monitored too, that RE and LL have spoken in code/riddles thinking they were being clever and LE have worked out what they were planning and locked up LL to force RE's hand and purposely placed an inmate, already wired and primed to gain RE's trust and in desperation RE has let the inmate in on his 'clever' plan???...maybe I have watched too many movies and read too many crime books but with this case I don't think anything could surprise me anymore.

I find it totally heart breaking and beyond belief that a mother could behave in this way and have no compassion what so ever.

Alone they're obviously sick and twisted individuals with questionable morals but together they're an unfortunate potent mix of evil and selfish beyond description who should never have crossed paths- history has shown us how two people coming together can create a monster.

I once hoped Lonzie would be found safe and well (obviously still would love that) but now I just wish he was found and could be put to rest in the community he lived where he is loved by the people of his country/state and worldwide more than he obviously was in the place he should have felt safest- his home/family.

Thanks for this wonderful site.

KT xx

Greetings from the UK. I've been lurking here since it was first announced that little Lonzie was missing and like everyone else its touched my heart.

What made me post today was while reading through the latest developments I remembered something Chief Hackney said on the press conference when LL was arrested which stuck in my mind at the time...I'm paraphrasing but he said when asked how long they had known about LL lying to LE about knowing RE etc without going into details and giving too much away there was a reason why they were acting at this late hour (In the interview listen from about 5 min 30)

Could it be possible that in the phone calls which they have said have been recorded and visits which will surely have been monitored too, that RE and LL have spoken in code/riddles thinking they were being clever and LE have worked out what they were planning and locked up LL to force RE's hand and purposely placed an inmate, already wired and primed to gain RE's trust and in desperation RE has let the inmate in on his 'clever' plan???...maybe I have watched too many movies and read too many crime books but with this case I don't think anything could surprise me anymore.

I find it totally heart breaking and beyond belief that a mother could behave in this way and have no compassion what so ever.

Alone they're obviously sick and twisted individuals with questionable morals but together they're an unfortunate potent mix of evil and selfish beyond description who should never have crossed paths- history has shown us how two people coming together can create a monster.

I once hoped Lonzie would be found safe and well (obviously still would love that) but now I just wish he was found and could be put to rest in the community he lived where he is loved by the people of his country/state and worldwide more than he obviously was in the place he should have felt safest- his home/family.

Thanks for this wonderful site.

KT xx
OMG, when asked what LL talked about with RE (her visit to jail) she said that
RE kept saying "he wasn't the KEY". Very interesting

I think the new charges against WRE were made for the sole purpose of convincing LL that he would not be getting out for a long time. With the realization that she wouldn't be reunited with him any time soon, she might be more cooperative in helping LE locate Lonzie. Of course, this assumes she had no actual involvement in his death.

I think the sole reason the current charges were placed against WRE were to convince LL that her boyfriend wouldn't be getting out any time soon. With this realization she may be more cooperate with LE in helping them locate his body. Of coarse, that works only if she had no actual involvement in his death.

My guess isnit has to do with either:

A. He is pissed and wants to get to Lonna
B. He knows they are close and wants to mov the body
C. He sees his fate and was gonna make a run for the border

I'll say that A. is a definite and B. is probably and C. is most likely.

I think that he has figured out the Lonna and Chris are throwing him under the bus. JMO.

Wow the word "key" says a lot doesn't it?

IIRC, it was when she was secretly being recorded, apparently RE said "I'm not the key and the keys out there. Something like that. Who's got a link for the secret recording? Be interesting to listen to again.

IIRC, it was when she was secretly being recorded, apparently RE said "I'm not the key and the keys out there. Something like that. Who's got a link for the this?
Be interesting to listen to again.

"I am not the key." - You and CB are the key.
"The keys are out there." - As in not in jail. He is. His bond is set high, hers is low enough that family can get her out.

If RE is being set-up, he will tell everything.

Go back to the woman who came forward about LL's actions that night. LL lied to police who told her they were investigating a kidnapping of a 2 year old. She LIED and said she wasn't a dancer, didn't have a black boyfriend, named her 'white' boyfriend for them, told them she lived at apt. 64 instead of apt. 66 (where she lived) and had no idea about anything to do with an ORANGE car with a BLACK hood and tires.

Admitted that she had a 2 year old.

When the friend asked 'why did you lie?", LL responded "I am not going to say (or was the word 'admit' ?) anything until I know the details."

Interpretation "I am saying whatever RE is saying and since I don't trust him, I want to hear what he told LE before I say chit. "

In my humble opinion, she is in this up to her eyeballs. And, I am not all that sure RE isn't being played. That tattoo surely hit the internet and I am sure he saw it from somewhere. Was that her message that she was cool, he can stay cool? Let's see if she visits him now.

I think the love affair is about over.

RE is terrified. Believe it. ANYONE facing life in prison is terrified. If he can pin it on LL, he will. He will save himself, not her.

LL has no reason to talk to LE. Her charges are minor. She can manic depress in jail for a couple of years and come out just the same.

"I am not the key." - You and CB are the key.
"The keys are out there." - As in not in jail. He is. His bond is set high, hers is low enough that family can get her out.

If RE is being set-up, he will tell everything.

Go back to the woman who came forward about LL's actions that night. LL lied to police who told her they were investigating a kidnapping of a 2 year old. She LIED and said she wasn't a dancer, didn't have a black boyfriend, named her 'white' boyfriend for them, told them she lived at apt. 64 instead of apt. 66 (where she lived) and had no idea about anything to do with an ORANGE car with a BLACK hood and tires.

Admitted that she had a 2 year old.

When the friend asked 'why did you lie?", LL responded "I am not going to say (or was the word 'admit' ?) anything until I know the details."

Interpretation "I am saying whatever RE is saying and since I don't trust him, I want to hear what he told LE before I say chit. "

In my humble opinion, she is in this up to her eyeballs. And, I am not all that sure RE isn't being played. That tattoo surely hit the internet and I am sure he saw it from somewhere. Was that her message that she was cool, he can stay cool? Let's see if she visits him now.

I think the love affair is about over.

RE is terrified. Believe it. ANYONE facing life in prison is terrified. If he can pin it on LL, he will. He will save himself, not her.

LL has no reason to talk to LE. Her charges are minor. She can manic depress in jail for a couple of years and come out just the same.
Good post! :)

I think there is one very good reason why RE & LL are not talking or will never talk about where Lonzie is. It's obvious to me that whatever happened to Lonzie is bad enough that if they told, then they would both definitely go down for murder. The current charges they have are probably nothing compared to what they would get if the truthful story came out.
They would be looking at life in prison & or the death penalty. They know if they keep their mouths shut about it then the state will have a difficult time to prove its case without a body. I guess they could still be charged with murder and maybe even charge LL with being an accessory to murder but that remains to be seen.
There have been other cases i can think of where this has happened, Kyron Horman, Ayla Reynolds, Aliayah Lunsford, Lisa Irwin, Haleigh Cummings, etc. No one to date has ever been charged in those cases with disappearing a child.

O/T Janna Rivera's dad was arrested on Thursday and charged with one count of murder and one count of neglect of a dependent resulting in death. Janna's body hasn't been found but the probable cause doc paints a grim picture. Hopefully it'll be enough to go forward.

And Delano Wilson's dad's trial starts in September - Delano's body hasn't been found either.

In Lonzie's case it seems that there's a lot of circumstantial evidence piling up and we've only seen a couple of the "cards" in JSO's hand. I think they'll have a strong case by the time murder charges are filed.

O/T Janna Rivera's dad was arrested on Thursday and charged with one count of murder and one count of neglect of a dependent resulting in death. Janna's body hasn't been found but the probable cause doc paints a grim picture. Hopefully it'll be enough to go forward.

And Delano Wilson's dad's trial starts in September - Delano's body hasn't been found either.

In Lonzie's case it seems that there's a lot of circumstantial evidence piling up and we've only seen a couple of the "cards" in JSO's hand. I think they'll have a strong case by the time murder charges are filed.

--agree.

--i have faith when Chief Hackney has said that they have cards that they haven't yet played/shown.

--in the case you mentioned, Janna, the other children in the home provided a lot of incriminating info (which we read in the probable cause doc)---the 5 year old in this case may have provided key info as well (Chief Hackney has always been "vague" when talking about that.)

--we already know that he was Lonzie's 'caregiver' that night, last to see him, faked the (ridiculous) car jacking/kid jacking....and he hasn't been seen since.

--unless you get a jury that is 'CSI dependent', circumstantial evidence IS evidence, outlining the circumstances relating to the crime.

--according to the Chief, ruben has lied, lied, lied some more. (looking fwd to seeing that interview in court.)

--what did the 5 year old tell them? what did she see? hear? (maybe something great for our side).

--what evidence was recovered from the apartment?? (maybe something great for the good guys).

--what evidence was found in the car? found on the computer taken from the laundromat? what else, if anything, did he tell the inmate he brought in to his 'great escape' plan?

--until we get to probable cause/murder charge/ pre-lims, there's so much that we don't (yet) know.

The surveillance checks were in specific areas only. If LE is convinced the potential search area is defined, more reason to restart LE supervised/directed searches. Does anyone think WRE or LL will give up where Lonnie is?

In reply to your question, No.

Why is nobody talking? I do not understand. Never seen a case kept so quiet. In the circle those two run in, the drug etc., you would think someone would talk.

Why hasn't Nancy Grace picked this story up?

It's making me nuts.

Maybe people have talked about what they know about those two, but LE are not divulging that information because it is still an ongoing investigation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member