GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that if LE confirmed at one point that she was pregnant, then she must have either miscarried or terminated the pregnancy. I don't think they would confirm something on her or her family's say so?

MOO

ETA: I see the LE confirmation was credited to "sources" in the original article so it's certainly possible that she was never pregnant.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/local/sources-lonzie-barton-mom-pregnant/npWCm/

I would think that if LE confirmed at one point that she was pregnant, then she must have either miscarried or terminated the pregnancy. I don't think they would confirm something on her or her family's say so?

MOO

ETA: I see the LE confirmation was credited to "sources" in the original article so it's certainly possible that she was never pregnant.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/news/local/sources-lonzie-barton-mom-pregnant/npWCm/

What's weird is that the sources included Ebron's dad and uncle:

That was two months ago, but Ebron's father told us he's known Lauramore Barton is pregnant for the last three months. Ebron’s uncle told us Lauramore Barton said something to Ebron that she may be pregnant back in July when Lonzie disappeared.

So were they mistaken, lying or just duped by Lonna? Remember that Wanda put money in Lonna's commissary fund - something that is important to her. And I'm pretty sure media would have found out if she miscarried... In any case the best news of the day is arguably that Lonna's not pregnant given her drug spree in the motel.

And the plea deal... my understanding is it's just that - a deal, usually in exchange for reduced charges or sentence. In this case it looks (to me) more like she's just pleading guilty, along with her agreeing to testify against Ebron, in hopes of the judge going easier on her at her sentencing.

Now that their trials are effectively unjoined I wonder if Ebron will waive his right to a speedy trial, though I can't see what that would gain him.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...o-plea-guilty-testify-against-ebron/78320884/
"Jacksonville attorney Shannon Schott says what Barton says in court could make things tougher for Ebron's attorneys.

"If she gets called to the stand, she could say things that implicate him for more than just child neglect and could mean murder charges, based on what she says," Scott told First Coast News.

"As a defense attorney, we would impeach her on the fact that she made a deal to testify against our client or in this case Mr. Ebron's attorney will probably do this," she said.

"So the state thought that what she has to say is so relevant that even with her impeachment, the fact that she made a deal, they think it is still going to be good enough to convict Mr. Ebron.""

Finally getting to this forum today. (grandbaby come first).

I'm hesitant with this news. Is there anything Lonna could say that would lead LE to Lonzie? Because, if there was wouldn't we be seeing some activity/movement right now? And, the bolded part above "she could say things that implicate him for more than just child neglect and could mean murder charges", is that a media statement? Why would they wait for her to take the stand and not up his charges now?

I just feel anything that Lonna could say on the stand, LE already knows or they wouldn't be calling her. KWIM? Plus, the defense will have a field day with her 'honesty', how credible a witness can she be?

My highest hope is that maybe, just maybe the threat of Lonna talking will get RE to talk more. My opinion only, THAT will give more information as to where Lonzie is.

Lonzie is on my mind daily. Just want justice for this baby.

So she knew about Lonzies injuries. Maybe she will testify that they were inflicted by RE's hand and not from a fall.
I think we are going to see more charges filed against EB.
IMO she doesnt know where Lonzie is.

So next time I'm all, "yeah let me transcribe!" remind me I'm on the west coast and hate mornings.

Thanks to everyone posting updates!

So next time I'm all, "yeah let me transcribe!" remind me I'm on the west coast and hate mornings.

Thanks to everyone posting updates!

Lol, same here. Just think of yourself as the afternoon crew. ;) Seriously though, I'm grateful for all your transcriptions. It's good that WS has all the time zones covered.

Video of this morning.
[video=youtu;3u0GJheMTiY]http://youtu.be/3u0GJheMTiY[/video]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never thought of this so hopefully someone knows. If a incarcerated woman is pregnant is she able to seek medical to terminate the pregnancy?

She can still get the max sentence according to the judge. I agree, though, she doesn't deserve it but is probably hoping for a lighter sentence.
Not the same situation at all, but my son's bio dad pled guilty to a felony, related to hurting my baby, as part of a plea agreement. Since the agreement was between him and the prosecution, the judge didn't have to accept and in our case the judge didn't accept it and handed down 5-10 (maximum for crime was 10) instead of the weak probation. My hero. Gives me hope for cases like this.

I don't think she knows where Lonzie is. I think she knew Ebron had hurt Lonzie and left him with him again.

I suspect Lonzie was injured pretty bad and in a way that clearly couldn't be explained away. Like with visible finger mark bruises from being held and shaken or something like that.

I've also suspected that she knew, on some level at least, that something would happen to Lonzie that night to attempt to cover the existing injuries. I don't think she knew what would happen or even what exactly did happen, though.

I just started following this one a few weeks ago, though.

Very interested to see how it proceeds.

Same!

If she throws Ruben under the bus maybe he will do the same to her and they will finally locate Lonzie's whereabouts.
Got to remember i think Lonna only cares about Lonna, but we will see.

What's weird is that the sources included Ebron's dad and uncle:

That was two months ago, but Ebron's father told us he's known Lauramore Barton is pregnant for the last three months. Ebron’s uncle told us Lauramore Barton said something to Ebron that she may be pregnant back in July when Lonzie disappeared.

So were they mistaken, lying or just duped by Lonna? Remember that Wanda put money in Lonna's commissary fund - something that is important to her. And I'm pretty sure media would have found out if she miscarried... In any case the best news of the day is arguably that Lonna's not pregnant given her drug spree in the motel.

And the plea deal... my understanding is it's just that - a deal, usually in exchange for reduced charges or sentence. In this case it looks (to me) more like she's just pleading guilty, along with her agreeing to testify against Ebron, in hopes of the judge going easier on her at her sentencing.

Now that their trials are effectively unjoined I wonder if Ebron will waive his right to a speedy trial, though I can't see what that would gain him.

I say duped by Lonna.

Brittany Dionne ‏@BrittDionneTV 5m5 minutes ago
We're 15 min past the scheduled start time, no sight of Ebron or judge yet. Ebron's parents are here.

Brittany Dionne ‏@BrittDionneTV 1m1 minute ago
Bailiffs are being called to chambers. Ebron's parents taken out of courtroom by court official. Hearing yet to begin.

Woo maybe something is happening.
Do the right thinow Ebron tell them where the little guy is.

Brittany Dionne ‏@BrittDionneTV 1m1 minute ago
Bailiffs are being called to chambers. Ebron's parents taken out of courtroom by court official. Hearing yet to begin.

Chris Parenteau ‏@WJXTChris 6m6 minutes ago
Hearing for Ruben Ebron has not started yet. Lots of conversation between bailiff's, lawyers, and now Ebron's parents outside courtroom.

https://twitter.com/WJXTChris

?? What's going on??

I pray today little Lonzie is found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics