Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone know about new documents that came out today ?

Stephan Sterns Jail File and Supplemental Report​

No, where did you hear that?

I see that both cases have a status hearing on 10/14. Interesting that they are both held at the same time. When they had the pretrails they were at different times on the same day (10am & 1:30pm). Seems kinda odd to me since they are different cases.

Murder: STATUS HEARING SET FOR 10/14/2024 AT 9:00 AM IN 4F BEFORE JUDGE: CARSTEN, KEITH

CSAM: STATUS HEARING SET FOR 10/14/2024 AT 9:00 AM IN 4F BEFORE JUDGE: CARSTEN, KEITH

I agree 100%, I am shocked they have the option not to show up. How does that work? whats the reasoning behind it?

SS isn't the first, and won't be the last -- not appearing in Court after waiving their right to be present, which seems to be in vogue now -- all under the guise of exercising the defendant's constitutional right.

I'm not aware of Florida but some states have been quicker than others to nip this immediately. I'm thinking of Colorado that wasted no time on convicted Letecia Stauch where Judge Werner ordered the EPCSO to take all necessary steps and use any force necessary to deliver her to the Court every day of her trial, versus New Hampshire where Adam Montgomery refused to attend his trial for killing his daughter Harmony but was finally Ordered by the Court to attend his sentencing.

The Montgomery case spurred a bill in the state Legislature requiring people charged with serious crimes to be present for the reading of verdicts and at sentencing hearings. The bill passed in the House and awaits action in the Senate.

No, where did you hear that?

I see that both cases have a status hearing on 10/14. Interesting that they are both held at the same time. When they had the pretrails they were at different times on the same day (10am & 1:30pm). Seems kinda odd to me since they are different cases.

Murder: STATUS HEARING SET FOR 10/14/2024 AT 9:00 AM IN 4F BEFORE JUDGE: CARSTEN, KEITH

CSAM: STATUS HEARING SET FOR 10/14/2024 AT 9:00 AM IN 4F BEFORE JUDGE: CARSTEN, KEITH

For convenience and safety of the Court and the parties involved, this is not unusual at all-- especially for a status hearing. The coordination of transporting an inmate to Court and holding them in the Courthouse is a serious issue for both county jail staff and the bailiff. Also, the pretrial hearings cited by OP for 10 AM & 1:30 PM were actually both held at 1:30 PM and only his lawyer was present after SS waived his appearance.

OK for the safety of the court, I can live with. Anything to do with his rights after he left a little girl in a field all alone for 4 days, would feel retraumatizing for the family. I get when they dont want to hear the details of the things they dont know, ( like in Delphi and that doc leak) but this family wont be surprised at what they hear, I dont think.

Last edited:
OK for the safety of the court, I can live with. Anything to do with his rights after he left a little girl in a field all alone for 4 days, would feel retraumatizing for the family. I get when they dont want to hear the details of the things they dont know, ( like in Delphi and that doc leak) but this family wont be surprised at what they hear, I dont think.

If Sterns pulls a Montgomery and does not attend his own trial for murder, so be it but I do hope there is somebody in Court to represent dear Madeline! That would be awful. I wish he'd just confess, and take his place on death row. The sooner the better. JMO

Thanks, ttjo! Some things I noted from the live thread you posted (I can't give a timestamp since it's still live while I'm gathering SS's).

Well, this is sure interesting. I hope LE found all the things SS was throwing away. That's 5 trips to throw stuff away. Backpack and croc @ 7:35 (which is ingrained in all of our brains by now), now he’s wearing a blue shirt and throws something away @ 10:54 (his red shirt that he was wearing when he left earlier, perhaps? JMO!), then throwing more stuff away @ 3:24 and 3:28, and finally returns again at 4:36 throwing more things into the dumpster. It makes one ask… what was he throwing away those 4 times after he initially tossed her backpack and croc. Evidence? Items used to clean up blood? It was something!

1720758511875.png
1720758938281.png

What in god's name was he throwing away??

What do you guys make of this? It’s hard to read the SS so I’ll type it out (SS is my proof I’m not makin’ this up).

Based on an LPR hit on the Nissan on 02/27/24, also at St. Cloud Commons and another on Academy Drive, the same path the Lincoln took, I again followed the route of the vehicle using indicators on the trim package of the car, the travel times and marker vehicles. At 0316:15 hours, the white Nissan exits the complex utilizing the main gate. The vehicle follows the same path the Lincoln followed the previous day, with the exception of utilizing the front gate of the complex.

Proof from GH's live video:
1720759504763.png

"the same path the Lincoln took" was on 2/26, the day he dumped her body, now JS's car is following "the same path".

Why return to where Maddie was at 3:30am... and why take JS's car to do whatever that was? Did he go alone? Or was JS with him to pay a visit to her daughter? Perhaps JS’s car made that trip because she was doing the driving and I'm thinking she'd be more comfortable driving her own car.

All that is speculation and a guess on my part why JS's car made that trip in the middle of the night the day after she went missing (so essentially Monday evening if you haven't gone to bed yet).

Last edited:
What do you guys make of this? It’s hard to read the SS so I’ll type it out (SS is my proof I’m not makin’ this up).

Based on an LPR hit on the Nissan on 02/27/24, also at St. Cloud Commons and another on Academy Srive, the same path the Lincoln took, I again followed the route of the vehicle using indicators on the trim package of the car, the travel times and marker vehicles. At 0316:15 hours, the white Nissan exits the complex utilizing the main gate. The vehicle follows the same path the Lincoln followed the previous day, with the exception of utilizing the front gate of the complex.

Proof from GH's live video:
View attachment 517197

"the same path the Lincoln took" was on 2/26, the day he dumped her body, now JS's car is following "the same path".

Why return to where Maddie was at 3:30am... and why take JS's car to do whatever that was? Did he go alone? Or was JS with him to pay a visit to her daughter? Perhaps JS’s car made that trip because she was doing the driving and I'm thinking she'd be more comfortable driving her own car.

All that is speculation and a guess on my part why JS's car made that trip in the middle of the night the day after she went missing (so essentially Monday evening if you haven't gone to bed yet).
IDK why he went back, but isnt jenn the one that informed L/e about him " going to look for her" in the middle of the night? At first I thought maybe he took her car to implicate her, but his car had a flat, I dont think it was changed yet, because didnt he say to the detective " dont pay attention to that donut on my car" Maybe after he hurt his finger, he gave up. :rolleyes:
No roadside assistance on that 14 year old car in that Florida heat.

could be so many reasons for going back, but maybe he put something there.(to mislead).

Last edited:
From GH's live feed:

1720761381781.png

Wah wah.... only 3 pieces of root beer candy, soon to be none. First he was complaining that he had to use a roll of TP for a pillow (from older video of him being transported to jail), now he's running low on candy. Gee, I wonder if Maddie would like a piece of root beer candy? :mad: And he's lucky he had a roll of TP to use for a pillow and... smh

Source:

What are these new documents from Grey Hughes? Additional Incident Report documentation from investigators? I don't remember hearing about so many dumpster stops before, even though those would definitely have been in the same surveillance footage as the dumpster stops we already knew about.

Click Orlando has some new information about the tracking of JS's Nissan, but doesn't show the documents: 2 cars visited area where 13-year-old Madeline Soto’s body was found, detectives claim
WKMG Nissan Car Path resize.png
The yellow shows the path the Nissan appears to have taken in the early hours (03:16) of February 27th. The red was the path that the Lincoln took on February 26th. So the tiny bits of red showing is meant to illustrate they took nearly the same path. Records indicate the Nissan stayed in the Old Hickory area for a half hour before returning to the Venetian Bay Villages at 04:30.

As a reminder, a K9 trained to alert for human remains did not alert on the Lincoln, but did alert on the Nissan by the rear passenger wheel well (pg. 53). SS said he and JS stayed local and he did not go driving looking for MS anywhere on the night of the 26th, and that he had taken Ativan and tranquilizers because of panic attacks (pg. 31). JS said that they looked in the Hunter's Creek area and returned at 20:00 or 21:00, and when asked if they went out again said SS took her car out in the middle of the night (pg. 33). JS's vehicle drove on US-192 on February 27th at 03:27-04:27 and on February 28th at 04:41-10:55 (pg. 35).

What are these new documents from Grey Hughes? Additional Incident Report documentation from investigators? I don't remember hearing about so many dumpster stops before, even though those would definitely have been in the same surveillance footage as the dumpster stops we already knew about.
He and others appear to have gotten their hands on a supplemental report, as well as copies of emails between SS and his mom and dad, and a supplemental correction.

Here's a SS taken from GH's video:

1720762930632.png

Here's a snippet:

1720763216087.png

Source:

Snippets from emails between SS and his parents, I'm sure more will be dripped out by the media later: Stephan Sterns' jailhouse emails allude to new accusations in Madeline Soto murder case

I think that if, in the released emails, SS proclaimed his innocence, the media would have led with that. So maybe it's notable that there is nothing in this early article about him saying he didn't do it.

A bigger eyebrow raiser from his mom:
She said, "We all know (blank) was heavily involved in this, and I am disgusted that she is free and you are not when this is not all your fault. You need to think about yourself more and her less. She sure isn't thinking of you and how she can help you right now. That whole family is willing to stay quiet and let you take the fall for everything."

She goes on to say, "I think of the craziness (blank) lived through with (blanks) various partners... Not a stable life at all for a child. I do pray for (blank) and you daily."
JS can really only be guilty here if SS is also guilty. So I infer that SS's mother believes that SS did in fact kill MS, but that a lot of the blame should go on JS. I don't think that could just mean JS knew about the sexual abuse and knew about the murder and maybe even helped cover it up. It seems to me she thinks that whatever JS's involvement is should somehow lessen SS's culpability. I can't imagine what that would be. If anyone in this thread has a hypothesis for JS that could at all reduce SS's legal responsibility, please share!

Click Orlando has some new information about the tracking of JS's Nissan, but doesn't show the documents: 2 cars visited area where 13-year-old Madeline Soto’s body was found, detectives claim
View attachment 517199
The yellow shows the path the Nissan appears to have taken in the early hours (03:16) of February 27th. The red was the path that the Lincoln took on February 26th. So the tiny bits of red showing is meant to illustrate they took nearly the same path. Records indicate the Nissan stayed in the Old Hickory area for a half hour before returning to the Venetian Bay Villages at 04:30.

As a reminder, a K9 trained to alert for human remains did not alert on the Lincoln, but did alert on the Nissan by the rear passenger wheel well (pg. 53). SS said he and JS stayed local and he did not go driving looking for MS anywhere on the night of the 26th, and that he had taken Ativan and tranquilizers because of panic attacks (pg. 31). JS said that they looked in the Hunter's Creek area and returned at 20:00 or 21:00, and when asked if they went out again said SS took her car out in the middle of the night (pg. 33). JS's vehicle drove on US-192 on February 27th at 03:27-04:27 and on February 28th at 04:41-10:55 (pg. 35).
wonder why he went back there? k9 only alerted on the outside? so sounds like she was already there. maybe he did change her clothes? or left something there? Pretty risky to go back.

If anyone comes across a link to the actual text of the new supplemental docs, like we got with the 896 pg data dump, I'd love a link to it posted here for us. It's much easier to search for text than to click all around a 3 hr GH video, hoping for a readable image!

wonder why he went back there? k9 only alerted on the outside? so sounds like she was already there. maybe he did change her clothes? or left something there? Pretty risky to go back.
Yeah, returning to the scene of where you left a dead body hours before is more than a tad odd. And in the middle of the night, no less.

It's my belief she was already there if she was seen several times in video's slumped over with her mouth agape Monday morning. Then his flat near the dump site. She wasn't in his trunk, she wasn't in the car or propped up against it or the passersby's would have seen it. He may not be real bright but he's smart enough not have a dead body in plain site while dealing with a flat tire! If she was she would have to be removed in order to reach the spare tire. I posted pics of it's location for the MKZ upthread. And don't forget... some redheaded guy stopped to help him. I think she was in the trees shortly after the flat. I also don't think where she ended up was his Plan A. His flat tire turned it into a Plan B IMO.

And I'm really doubting he went back to change her clothes IMO. She'd be in some stage of rigor, and also 'messy'. So that's a big no for me. lol Whatever it is was important for him to return though. I can't help but think that perhaps JS asked to see her one final time and she made the trip with him. Maybe she found out after the fact and wanted to pay her respects. Then again it could be as you said... he made the trip solo for some weird reason we haven't been able to figure out.

So I infer that SS's mother believes that SS did in fact kill MS, but that a lot of the blame should go on JS. I don't think that could just mean JS knew about the sexual abuse and knew about the murder and maybe even helped cover it up. It seems to me she thinks that whatever JS's involvement is should somehow lessen SS's culpability. I can't imagine what that would be. If anyone in this thread has a hypothesis for JS that could at all reduce SS's legal responsibility, please share!
I dont have a hypothesis, I just dont know how the mom would know anything about what she is implying. heavily involved in what? what did she know? I say it's a bluff. I dont know if she is serious, thats a lot of info to dump in an email that you know someone will read ( authorities) someone else I read suggested that maybe it was written on purpose to create some doubt . I mean hes grasping at straws at this point.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810
Back