Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In his case, let's hope it's a deadly combo. From what I've read, the Supreme Court has so far thrown out all death penalties for rape.
That is true. I guess we could get lucky and he doesn’t appeal, though. I’m equally okay with him suffering a full-blown nightmare incarceration where he reaps what he’s sown for the rest of his wormy life.

Fair enough. ^^^

It seems like most posts are expressing concern over the events prior to that day, though.
As in, were there red flags, and if so -- how were they missed ?
It's sad that these crimes keep happening.
Omo.
ive also made note of JS comment about Madeline being open with 'us'. and then says she told 'us' about having a crush on someone at school and she claimed she looked at their msgs and nothing was weird. what does being 'open' mean to JS? does anyone believe Madeline was 'open' about a crush?

its difficult to know who Madeline was as far as maturity...she was portrayed by her mother as a child who wouldnt know her own home address, 'struggles' with anxiety and has ADHD with some autistic tendencies.

in her first interview, she never told the interviewer she didnt attend. she went on about how her last conversation was with Madeline all happy happy, she showed us her presents and then.....Madeline went to bed.

second interview, she adds more info: she talks about how Madeline was so happy regarding the birthday party, but then says I had to work. she wasnt there.
I almost wonder if JS was so jealous of the “attention” MS got from SS that she decided not to go to her daughter’s bday? As I said in earlier posts, SS was likely grooming both of them and it would benefit him to distance mother and daughter by playing middle man to their conflicts.

It would be almost unthinkable that JS would purposefully avoid her daughter’s bday but one quick skim through Reddit’s “AITAH” subreddit and you’ll find plenty of emotionally immature parents being completely insufferable over far less egregious matters.

I can’t anymore with this case. On vacation and checking twice a day for updates on charges. I got sick to my stomach today when I saw the charges and so angry that no one listened to this poor girl. How dare he do this to her!

I’m glad he’s behind bars and will never walk. I am so sad - poor Maddie. No wonder she looked so miserable at her party. No one looked out for her and no one from the family is denouncing this awful SS. Maybe I missed it. Makes me livid.
havent heard any updates other than the charges. family, friends, no one is commenting. only the sound of crickets.

Did everyone listen the the 4 friends discussion on Gray Hughes? Sorry if I missed the discussion.
I’m literally disgusted by the combo of these stories.

One particular that SS used to collect his s…. in vials, take to school and allude to dropping in drinks of girls thinking they would get pregnant?

Or that he was almost shot by one friends dad for peeping on his wife (the friends mom) . Geesh this guy has been sick for years!!

havent heard any updates other than the charges. family, friends, no one is commenting. only the sound of crickets

I don't think any friend or family member is obligated to talk to the media, ever.

That being said, I do find it odd that absolutely no one in the family--not even her own mother--has publicly expressed support for JS, said what a good mother she was to Maddie, or anything in that vein.

Or shock at the charges that have been filed against SS.

And you know the media has been hounding them day and night for a statement.

I don't think any friend or family member is obligated to talk to the media, ever.

That being said, I do find it odd that absolutely no one in the family--not even her own mother--has publicly expressed support for JS, said what a good mother she was to Maddie, or anything in that vein.

Or shock at the charges that have been filed against SS.

And you know the media has been hounding them day and night for a statement.
yes, I found it odd from the moment she gave interviews that not one friend or family member stood by her side. a simple gesture to be there, as support, no need to speak, someone to rub HER shoulders...instead we see her comforting HIM....that was an OMG moment for me.

Her linked in has been screenshotted and I believe added to the media thread.

Mom was originally going to take Madeline to school and then was tired and asked SS to take her. So she clearly wasn't away from home working.
JMO
She could have called from work and said could you take maddie to school, I am so tired. or maybe she told him she was tired and he offered.
When she got home, she went straight to bed, giving SS plenty of time to kill/dispose of/whatever he needed to do.
She wakes up at midday and asks him, did Maddie get to school ok, he knows full well. She did not, but he said yeah, fine, look, I took this morning at about 8ish. Shows her video.
Then JS 'saw her that morning getting ready for school at 8am'.
It is obvious he was in a panic over everything, he made mistakes, many.
But what he does have a handle on is manipulating and gaslighting JS. I think spoon-feeding JS the answers to the questions she would be asked was the easiest part for him.

JMO

JMO
She could have called from work and said could you take maddie to school, I am so tired. or maybe she told him she was tired and he offered.
When she got home, she went straight to bed, giving SS plenty of time to kill/dispose of/whatever he needed to do.
She wakes up at midday and asks him, did Maddie get to school ok, he knows full well. She did not, but he said yeah, fine, look, I took this morning at about 8ish. Shows her video.
Then JS 'saw her that morning getting ready for school at 8am'.
It is obvious he was in a panic over everything, he made mistakes, many.
But what he does have a handle on is manipulating and gaslighting JS. I think spoon-feeding JS the answers to the questions she would be asked was the easiest part for him.

JMO
BBM for focus.

Let's say this happened.

Where was he when she called him? She told the police that SS "picked" Maddie up to take her to school.

So where was he?

And where was MS?

So I think that one of the first things I read about this case early on was that a girl was missing after her mother's boyfriend dropped her off for school.

Then I watched one of JS videos and the first thing I thought was, what is this "we" business?

No point really, just saying.

It’s possible JS could claim she realized MS left her phone and laptop behind because she saw it in her room. That’s another thing - the laptop. JS didn’t mention that MS didn’t have it with her for school either, and that bothers me. I don’t have a child MS’s age in school so I wouldn’t know for sure, but it seems like in this day and age, forgetting a school issued laptop would be problematic for a student expected to use it in class.

Another random thought I had - was the decision to go to the church purposeful in that SS needed to avoid being picked up by the school CCTV? Or was it put forth as a red herring to buy time? Maybe both? Do other parents typically drop their kids off there to walk to school? I can’t imagine that he actually drove there either.

Obviously, he couldn’t go there or drop off with MS in the car when she wouldn’t be getting out…it would seem SS just gave LE the runaround. Despite knowing there’s no evidence released yet that he was even seen anywhere near that area. IDK the church schedule but there would also presumably be people dropping off children at preschool and staff walking around at that hour right?
RBBM
I had a grade1-2 and a teenager during the pandemic, they both had school issue chrome books.
When they returned to in-person school, my teenager sometimes forgot her chrome book or phone, the little one not so much. My teen is adhd, my little one not.
If I was in this nightmare situation, I would respond that my teen sometimes forgot her phone and/or laptop, but if it was the little un, id likely say it was unsual.

The Hughes video of the Four Friends giving their take on SS describes him as to say the least weird. They aren't vocally introduced on the video, just a fast typed intro card for each, so here's the timing.
View attachment 489744
Please you choose what you want to accept as truthful. I don't believe everything I hear, and neither should you, but...

It can't be a coincidence that both Ryan and Chase mention incidences where SS was trying to sneak a camera or video to peek on women on the sly, and have a hard copy of it. MOO, that's what I'd call a sneaky pervert. Outrageous really. Ryan's mother in the bathroom!

Chase never saw SS half brother even tho' he lived with SS 6-7 yrs. Was it Josh who was getting divorced and SS was going to try to date his ex. Josh thinking it's better he knows SS to be around his kids, now finding out SS likes young kids. Not to mention the propensity to like filming unsuspecting people.

By now, I've heard an awful lot about SS's childhood, teen yrs., and up to recent times. SS shared with one of his friends what went on in the bedroom between him and JS. Then, that friend has some disturbing speculations, but you have to listen to it yourself. This is all MOO and limited take on what his friends said.

View attachment 489745
My post continued about the Four Friends Video.
I don't know if JS was as moody as one friend implied. The friend described her as having such fast cycling moods. Laughing then had to go outside to have a cry.

Now, I'm thinking about whether I'd consider SS having an eruptive type dangerous temper. He took Karate, I think his friend said, but he wasn't scared of SS. I haven't heard of an outrageous temper, but MOO here...

Yes, just MOO here, I think SS was seething with anger, his Reddit posts reveal ugly inside, nasty towards people. I think he was angry inside about a lot of things. Disney for one, his mother's treatment of him for another. MOO, his upbringing sounded confusing-- harsh and spoiled at the same time. He could put on the act to get out of things or to get things.

His friend said SS was stoned in one of those Madeline missing interviews he gave. Friend said his eyes look droopy, one eye droops more when stoned. Friend said his mom bought him Playboy mags at 13-14. His toys, he continued getting into adulthood. After listening to his friends talk, I remember one cut ties with him after SS pulled a gun on him. So, he could get angry. Madeline told a school friend her stepfather was mean to her.

Two more things came to mind from the Four Friends Video. (1) SS got hit by a car in a parking lot, and they $ued and got $ money. (my own wording here) The friend said his mother used it to berate SS, and always threw it in SS's face that he wasn't right in the head, or had changed after getting hit by that car. Not sure if she meant more anger or just more wrong behaviors. (2) Something about SS pulling a knife or stabbing some guy with a knife? I was multi-tasking and I can't believe I glossed over that part. Can't bear to listen to it again. If you haven't listened to it yourself, you might want to give it a try. This is all MOO and my own take on listening to his friends describe SS.
Did everyone listen the the 4 friends discussion on Gray Hughes? Sorry if I missed the discussion.

I’m literally disgusted by the combo of these stories.

One particular that SS used to collect his s…. in vials, take to school and allude to dropping in drinks of girls thinking they would get pregnant?

Or that he was almost shot by one friends dad for peeping on his wife (the friends mom) . Geesh this guy has been sick for years!!
Yes, @diggndeeperstill, I listened to the Four Friends Video. Glad someone else listened to it. I think what his friends share is believable. I learned a lot about SS. I also got some hint of what JS may be like and their relationship. (Mention of JS's fast cycling mood swings may explain how SS managed to gas light her so easy if she took notice of red flags. Maybe. MOO, predators go after someone when they may be at their weakest, most unstable times to make it easy to control them. Pedophiles look for them to have children.) Still, that was some wild speculation by that friend. I just hope JS wasn't involved. Not sure what I believe yet. My own posts on the video are here. I guess I wanted to forget all about that vial story...it is so sickening, huh. Thanks for posting your take.

This isn't my own original thought, but someone else posted it. It might not even have been here on WS. If it was, I don't remember who, sorry, or I'd give credit where due. I'm repeating because I agree so much.

You would think that an attentive mother, whose child had ADHD that made her very forgetful, and might not even know her own address, would make damn sure that child had her cell phone with her every time she left the house.

You know, in case she got into trouble and needed to dial 911 or something.

Thank you for that. After the original affidavit I’m glad I didn’t read.

After imagining the worst about SS, seems it was even worse than the worst. I know it’s been said they’re taking their time before pressing murder charges, but it still seems unusual to me that they haven’t said anything else to indicate how she died or who they did it. Do y’all think that means they’re still investigating who actually killed her or they’re just waiting until they press formal charges?

I will say at this point considering the amount of charges against him and the history it seems unlikely in my mind that JS was oblivious. One would hope she was, but five years and no awareness of what was going on? That seems crazy to me.
RBBM

It happens all the time. People are manipulated and blindsided by malevolent people every day.
I've lived it and seen it happen to so many people throughout my life. It is sometimes very public, like with celebrities, political figures or royalty. It has been associated with narcissism.

People can truly be completely oblivious.
Maybe they are naive, neurodivergent, have mental health dx, or no mental health dx, people pleasers?
Anxiety.
Even an overworked, underpaid, younger person trying to get to grips with the world is being hard-sold credit cards and loans. Or maybe an introverted, book-obsessed, overwhelmed with crowds, extroverted, party-loving housewife with nine kids, 3 dogs, 5 cats, 258 or 9 mice, two cities, a cathedral, and a city council full of fleas.
Anyone.
I believe that we at WS read into everything, including the spider webs. Our hinky meters go off on hair triggers, but not everyone sees the world the same way.
And sometimes people only randomly read the dusty cobweb that falls in their faces, long abandoned.
They just don't see what is sometimes in front of them.

Does that make sense?

This is all JMO. Holding onto the threads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966