Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
4/12/24

4/16/24

I wonder why he didn't have more contact with Madeline? It says they typically spoke through SM. :(

JMO

SS had a FitBit according to this doc. Maybe his movement was tracked.

MOO
That'd be an absolutely brilliant piece of evidence for the prosecution case if he did, and I really, really hope that if he did, he wore it for the whole two days - before the killing to after the disposal of her body. Every step counts, right, SS?

MOO

I wonder why he didn't have more contact with Madeline? It says they typically spoke through SM. :(

JMO

Bio dad and Jenn Soto were never married, he has his own family with wife he married when Maddie was a few months old. They also live in Texas.

So I'm sure it was a complicated relationship and bio dad wasn't really in the loop on the day to day... not that he didn't love her of course. It seems she visited bio dad and his wife on occasion. Didn't sound like bio dad and SS discussed or met in person with any regularity.

Also this is super gross but with a fitbit it possible for it to track your heart rate and movement, right, as well as time? Should it then be able to tell us when SS was engaged in activity that would result in, say, release of certain physiological substances from his nether regions- onto or into someone- he should have to answer for that. Was it sexytime with Jenn or not?

Do we have any independent verification JS was even HOME that night?

If she was away for work, she needed someone to stay with Maddie, get her to school.

If JS was staying at a hotel, she was getting her information from SS. He could have sent her a video of MS getting ready for school, from his personal archive, so "I saw her getting dressed" could have been "I saw (a video of) her getting dressed". The night before, Maddie was "happy", no phone, "and that was it". Her (JS's) own observation? Or relayed to her by SS? Same as the morning events. "And that was it" is SS language, perhaps she used it because it's what she'd been told.

SS had no credible activity for JS in his interviews. Could it be, she simply wasn't home? Was at a hotel. While SS had unfettered access to Maddie which culminated, after years and years of horrid abuse, in murder.

This case breaks me. For Maddie.

JMO
How would he play a video for her of Ms getting ready for school from his archive without Js knowing it wasn’t a live view?? Any video call platform I’ve used requires me to perform functions to stream my screen / share a video or even a photo. It’s not easy to fake imo, is it?

That'd be an absolutely brilliant piece of evidence for the prosecution case if he did, and I really, really hope that if he did, he wore it for the whole two days - before the killing to after the disposal of her body. Every step counts, right, SS?

MOO
I don’t use Fitbit so wondering, are the internet connected all the time and maybe mapped his movement? Even without his phone?

How would he play a video for her of Ms getting ready for school from his archive without Js knowing it wasn’t a live view?? Any video call platform I’ve used requires me to perform functions to stream my screen / share a video or even a photo. It’s not easy to fake imo, is it?
I’m not who this was directed to, but it didn’t have to be a live video/recording like FaceTime. Maybe he sent a video via text pretending it to be from that morning. MOO

JMO
I understand biological Dad and Stepmom last saw MS in October, and Dad talked to MS on her birthday. I got the impression that their contact might be controlled by the custodial parent, and the Texas couple were patiently playing by the guidelines before them -- perhaps expecting a change when MS came of age. (I think this might be age 14). MOO

Do we have any independent verification JS was even HOME that night?

If she was away for work, she needed someone to stay with Maddie, get her to school.

If JS was staying at a hotel, she was getting her information from SS. He could have sent her a video of MS getting ready for school, from his personal archive, so "I saw her getting dressed" could have been "I saw (a video of) her getting dressed". The night before, Maddie was "happy", no phone, "and that was it". Her (JS's) own observation? Or relayed to her by SS? Same as the morning events. "And that was it" is SS language, perhaps she used it because it's what she'd been told.

SS had no credible activity for JS in his interviews. Could it be, she simply wasn't home? Was at a hotel. While SS had unfettered access to Maddie which culminated, after years and years of horrid abuse, in murder.

This case breaks me. For Maddie.

JMO

Based on recorded interviews with MSM, we know JS told reporters she last talked to MS on Sunday night. Here, JS actually described their conversation (i.e., talked about her birthday gifts, etc.).

However, I think MSM has conflated what JS told reporters versus what JS actually told police in her verbal and written sworn statement.

For example, with reporters, JS initially inserted herself in the act of driving MS to school ("we" dropped her off ").

However, from info that's been released thus far, nowhere that I'm aware of has JS stated that she had a visual of MS getting dressed for school or that she communicated with her child on Monday.

Instead, we have Deputy Joseph's incident report on the date MS was reported missing which details his interpretation of what the mother, JS, provided to him when questioned including that she observed MS getting dressed for school, and that SS drove her to school, dropping her off at a certain location. (When talking to LE, JS never inserted herself in the act of taking MS away from the residence with the "we," as later recorded by MSM).

To be clear, I doubt JS used the word "observed." Observed is trained police speak (i.e., utilizing the five senses).

JS may have told Deputy Joseph that she was in bed but heard MS in the shower, smelled her shampoo, heard her rummaging in her closet. Or she may have lied and said I saw my daughter put on her green sweater! IMO, it doesn't follow that if JS claimed to see her, she wouldn't also have claimed she talked to MS.

In his report, Deputy Joseph is reporting his interpretation of what the mother, JS, inferred to be MS getting ready for school. The report does not reflect any claim by JS that she talked to MS on Monday before school.

I trust there is also BWC of MS statements to LE. Only time will tell. MOO

About 2-2 1/2 hrs it looks like. My guess is they interviewed SS dad to verify timeline and SS version of events. As well as how often SS went to Kissimmee, when he was living at home versus living with JS, etc.

View attachment 507225
And to test his hearing, and verify how many poodles they have and how often they bark ;/

4/12/24

4/16/24

October is an interesting time to have someone who is in a public middle school unless it was a brief trip over Columbus Day weekend. Do Florida schools have a long break in October like for midterms or end of quarter?

To spend the money for a flight that far when they couldn’t get together often (father indicates funds were tight), I would have hoped she would get a week or two or more in the summer, or all of Christmas vacation — not a three-day weekend. How sad :(

Added: this is a good point and may be the answer to my question — @Seattle1:
“I got the impression that their contact might be controlled by the custodial parent, and the Texas couple were patiently playing by the guidelines before them …”

Last edited:

MOO
More than just steps. Activity, heart rate, sleep cycle. A whole bunch of stuff can be learned from his Fitbit. Just sayin…

October is an interesting time to have someone who is in a public middle school unless it was a brief trip over Columbus Day weekend. Do Florida schools have a long break in October like for midterms or end of quarter?

To spend the money for a flight that far when they couldn’t get together often (father indicates funds were tight), I would have hoped she would get a week or two or more in the summer, or all of Christmas vacation — not a three-day weekend. How sad :(

Added: this is a good point and may be the answer to my question — @Seattle1:
“I got the impression that their contact might be controlled by the custodial parent, and the Texas couple were patiently playing by the guidelines before them …”

I don't know about 2023 but Oct 2024 will be the end/beg of term, and also a features a Student Holiday. I know these parents attended the April 15, Memorial. Maybe more on last visit at the link below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela