FL - Manhunt in Tampa after 4 slayings in 5 weeks, Oct-Nov 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else confirmed which bus route each victim was supposedly coming from or going to? It appears to me the 9 route, which is the one with a temporary route change due to the shootings, is the only route that is plausible. So IMO the perp could be a regular rider of route 9, a regular rider of a route that was discontinued and now route 9 is their only option, a past or current driver, someone who lives along route 9, or someone otherwise in that area regularly, maybe working or at a friend's place. I was surprised that this morning on GMA they actually mentioned the theory of someone disgruntled with the bus service.

I wanted to look at the discontinued routes but I cant zoom in on the before/after maps, and I can't find a clear list of what was eliminated.

Also I've been working on a map and summary of what has been released to this point. Hopefully I can post it tonight.
^^BBM

Re: I was surprised that this morning on GMA they actually mentioned the theory of someone disgruntled with the bus service.
I posted similar theory 2 days ago:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-in-11-days-Oct-2017&p=13708968#post13708968
^^Some route links which I provided in this comment may help.

I'm nearby local (across the bay) and am somewhat familiar with the public transit mess in Hillsborough and Pinellas counties.

IMO & purely moo; looks like a young AA male, possibly with a military background, athletic, perhaps had been in a marching band, maybe has a low-powered flashlight in his back pocket; defiant & bold. Angry.

Someone he is close with has to have noticed his stressed out anger. Someone needs to report it.

Exactly. Stands up straight, walks with measured stride and timing, confident. You hit the nail on the head. It looked like he caught his toe on something. That was the only change in stride that I noticed. It happens. If the concrete of the sidewalk has shifted and there is a slight edge the toe can catch it and the shift in rhythm and stride is a temporary correction. Perhaps he is a veteran who was removed from service for cause? It would fit the anger motif.

I'm usually a lurker but I have decided to put my $0.02 in on this. The person I am seeing walks like a person exercising. I walk like that when I'm walking to lose weight and I also use an app on my phone like Endomando to keep track of time, distance, route, etc..(which could be what they are checking) I have also layered clothes or wore a "sweat suit" even in the summer time to help me sweat more and lose weight. As for the "breasts" seen at the first of the video I am thinking that maybe this could be a person that has lost a lot of weight and has man *advertiser censored* (speaking from personal experience). Suspect or not I do not know. As for walking at that time of night like that maybe they are very familiar and feel somewhat safe. When I worked nights my free time was at night and it wasn't unusual for me to exercise at odd hours. I see it today where I live all the time.

Not sure if it was mentioned just quickly watched the sharpened video, I think I see gloves?

That walk for me is flip flops and a sashay shante walk. It could one of a gazzilion guys in South Florida by me.
I'm curious about what looks like a phone but may be a reflective strip on a rain jacket.

eta
cant find an enhanced video mentioned

What are the chances he has gone to ground and there will be a time of no killings like these before they start again?

What are the chances he has gone to ground and there will be a time of no killings like these before they start again?

well, it would awful bold to kill again so soon with increased police presence in that area.

This so reminds me of "The Son of Sam" killings. I was a teen living in Boston then. Although TSOS had a type; brunettes with short hair. This is so random, different races and sexes. And unless it's been raining, it's been very warm in Florida until today. I thought it may be a tunic. It's odd to see anyone with a coat in my area and Tampa is farther south. Odd.

That walk for me is flip flops and a sashay shante walk. It could one of a gazzilion guys in South Florida by me.
I'm curious about what looks like a phone but may be a reflective strip on a rain jacket.

eta

Hi - it was me that enhanced the video as much as I could with the small amount of time I had to spend on it. See comment #169.

Here is the video again:

[video=youtube;4HapAvjn8Kg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HapAvjn8Kg[/video]

Oct 24 2017
[video=youtube;2ad3e82vrr0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ad3e82vrr0[/video]

eta

Maybe slippers?? Enhanced video is on page 12 -post#169

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...ice-investigate-shootings-in-seminole/2342204

Guardian Angels ease fears as police investigate shootings in Seminole Heights

[FONT=&amp]Tuesday, October 24, 2017 3:18pm
[/FONT]
[...]
When news broke of the third Seminole Heights murder and police said the killings appear to be linked, the Angels knew they had to mobilize, Cruz said.
They started patrolling in earnest on Sunday, as a candle-carrying crowd walked the streets in a show of solidarity and support for the families of the three victims — Monica Hoffa, 32; Benjamin Mitchell, 22; and Anthony Naiboa, 20.
"We don't want the community to be scared because the killer's out there," Cruz said. "They need to keep on with their daily routine and not let him pump fear into their hearts."
The Tampa Police Department has a good relationship with the Angels and they're welcome in Seminole Heights, spokesman Steve Hegarty said.
"They respect and understand the differences in our roles," Hegarty said. "Any responsible adults who want to help keep an eye on the community are a plus."
[...]

Maybe slippers?? Enhanced video is on page 12 -post#169

Trigger, Slippers make sense...but, if so this likely wasn't the shooter. No good for running...jmo Wonder how close to the shooting the person on the vid was ? LE doesn't say exactly where she/he was when the vid surveillance ended ?

Freaky - MOO the person looks male. And the person may very not even be a FL native.

It's that time of the year again - Season in Florida(TM Pending)

Trigger, Slippers make sense...but, if so this likely wasn't the shooter. No good for running...jmo Wonder how close to the shooting the person on the vid was ? LE doesn't say exactly where she/he was when the vid surveillance ended ?

I wish they would give us more details.

^^BBM

Re: I was surprised that this morning on GMA they actually mentioned the theory of someone disgruntled with the bus service.
I posted similar theory 2 days ago:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...s-in-11-days-Oct-2017&p=13708968#post13708968
^^Some route links which I provided in this comment may help.

I'm nearby local (across the bay) and am somewhat familiar with the public transit mess in Hillsborough and Pinellas counties.
Yep I saw the theory here before I heard it on TV. I was just surprised to hear the people on TV talking that angle.

Last night I was using the links posted here to try to figure out if any routes in this specific neighborhood went away and was not successful. Not being from the area I just was not having luck looking at maps I couldn't zoom in on to find specific streets for reference.

Yep I saw the theory here before I heard it on TV. I was just surprised to hear the people on TV talking that angle.

Last night I was using the links posted here to try to figure out if any routes in this specific neighborhood went away and was not successful. Not being from the area I just was not having luck looking at maps I couldn't zoom in on to find specific streets for reference.
Yes, inability to zoom in on streets is aggravating.

At the bottom section of this WTSP.com article are route change links - narratives and maps – which are downloadable so that you can then zoom in:

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/changes-in-hart-bus-routes-take-effect/481802387
Changes in HART bus routes take effect
11:24 PM. EDT October 08, 2017

Direct link to ROUTE map changes:
MAX Side by Side 9 21
https://www.scribd.com/document/361047906/MAX-Side-by-Side-9-21#from_embed

Direct link to SYSTEM REDESIGN explanations:
Mission MAX FY2018 System Redesign Packet 8-18-17
https://www.scribd.com/document/361...018-System-Redesign-Packet-8-18-17#from_embed

Sure hope this isn't related. LE doesn't think so.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...cally-wounded-pinellas-park-bicyclist/2342139
[h=1]Police seek suspect who critically wounded Pinellas Park bicyclist[/h][FONT=&quot]Tuesday, October 24, 2017 6:31am
[/FONT]

PINELLAS PARK — A 44-year-old man was critically injured Monday night after he was shot while riding his bicycle, . . .
[...]
However, police did say that they do not currently believe this shooting is related to the shooting deaths that have recently taken place in the Seminole Heights area in Tampa.

So many good ideas for the walk have already been mentioned. I'm going to name a couple more. My first thought was my own walk, and my second thought was of a young man I went to college with. He had MS but you couldn't tell it yet at the time. He also had a pin in his ankle. Anyway, he walked a bit like this. I also have what my neurologist simply called "an odd gate." I have multiple health issues.

While some of you are seeing a steady, confident walk, I'm actually seeing something a bit different - a flat footed, very deliberate walk of someone who has a health issue, pain, or old injury. What happens over time is that you set each foot down very deliberately and very flat to avoid any further issues. It may look fluid to others, and it becomes so over time like, BUT there's way, a reason, you come to walk like that.

It could be a lot of different things, but my bet is that there is an underlying health issue or injury behind it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

http://www.crimestopperstb.com/sitemenu.aspx?P=unsolved&ID=155

Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay along with Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Partner to Offer a $25,000 Reward for Information in the Recent Seminole Heights Murders (2017/10/20)

[FONT=&amp]STATUS[/FONT][FONT=&amp]: OPEN[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
On October 19, 2017 at approximately 7:57 p.m., the victim, Anthony Naiboa, 20 years of age, was walking north on 15th Street in the area of Wilder Avenue in Tampa. As he was walking, he was shot by an unknown suspect and later died as a result of the injuries he sustained.
[/FONT]
On October 13, 2017 at approximately 9:30 a.m., Monica Caridad Hoffa, 32 years of age, was found in a vacant lot in the 10,000 block of New Orleans Avenue East in Tampa. She had been walking through the neighborhood on October 11, 2017 at approximately 8:45 p.m. headed to meet a friend. Hoffa was shot and killed by an unknown suspect.​
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
On October 9, 2017 at approximately 9:00 p.m., Benjamin Edward Mitchell, 22 years of age, was waiting for a HARTline bus on North 15th Street at Frierson Avenue in Tampa. While at the bus stop, Mitchell was shot by an unknown suspect and later died as a result of the injuries he sustained. Witnesses described seeing a black male, early 20’s, wearing a dark hooded jacket, running from the area where the shooting took place immediately after the gunfire.​
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to the identification and arrest of the unknown suspect(s) involved in these homicide cases. Anyone with any information regarding the identity of the suspect(s) and who wants to be eligible for a cash reward is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-8477 (TIPS), report anonymously online at www.crimestopperstb.com or send a mobile tip using the P3 Tips Mobile application. Crime Stoppers must be contacted first in order to be eligible for a cash reward.​
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) are offering a reward of up to $20,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the unknown suspect(s) involved in these homicide cases.​
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
The total cash reward of up to $25,000 may be split if multiple suspects are identified and arrested. Photos of victims pictured below.
[...]​
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads