Identified! FL - Marion Co., Human torso found in river, Sep'08 - Everett Jackson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When I googled there was also a Marion County in Indiana, I believe. But that could be irrelevant if you're down in Florida and it was local news.

ETA: your screen name is floridamom LOL. So yeah...I guess you're in Florida!

Yeah, I was born in Marion Co. IN. It'ss a fur piece!:)

thanks so much guys, being out west, I do not know the area and did not realize it was two locations....

I wish they would give an update. It said the autopsy was going to be done today.

Yes, I'm in Florida and this was local so not Indiana. :) Hubby wants to go to IN when he retires in 2 years though so kinds of relevant, lol!

Tell him north IN. around the Webster Lakes is the best place.

I was a Hoosier, for a longt time.

Looks like it would take about an hour and a half to get there from Orlando Florida, by car. But unfortunately, there are lots of murders/deaths in Florida, as elsewhere in the country, so it's not likely Caylee. Poor thing.

Yeah. It's 79 miles, per Google. And, there are some big lakes, between.

I believe we are all just waiting for one of these links to update.

Apparent Human Torso Found In Ocklawaha River
Central Florida News 13|, FL - 2 hours ago
A boater found the remains in the Ocklawaha River near the Sharpes Ferry Bridge Sunday. The sheriff's office found what appeared to be a human torso about ...

Partial Human Remains Found Along Ocklawaha River's Edge
WFtv.com, FL - 3 hours ago
MARION COUNTY, Fla. -- A dive team was in Marion County on Monday investigating the discovery of human remains found near the Sharpes Ferry Bridge on the ...

Marion County investigators search area where human remains were found
Orlando Sentinel, FL - 4 hours ago
Marion County Sheriff investigators this morning continued searching a wooded area and the Ocklawaha River near Sharpes Ferry Bridge after human remains ...

Remains found in river confirmed as human
Ocala, FL - 4 hours ago
By Joe VanHoose SHARPES FERRY – Marion County sheriff’s officials confirmed Monday that the torso found in the Ocklawaha River on Sunday afternoon is human. ...

Boater Finds Human Remains Near Bridge
Local6.com, FL - 6 hours ago
MARION COUNTY, Fla. -- A boater on Sunday discovered human remains near the Sharpes Ferry Bridge on the Ocklawaha River in Marion County. ...

I don't mean to be a downer, I hope it's Caylee as much as the next person, but the description is what makes me think it may not be. I would think something regarding "the torso of a child" instead of "a human torso". If it were smaller I would think one of the reports would say so.
I hope I am wrong, of course.

I don't mean to be a downer, I hope it's Caylee as much as the next person, but the description is what makes me think it may not be. I would think something regarding "the torso of a child" instead of "a human torso". If it were smaller I would think one of the reports would say so.
I hope I am wrong, of course.

That is a question we all thought, yet they won't say if it is adult or child. Who knows exactly what was found beyond a "torso". Either way someone will get closure. This location makes sense because it would be going beyond the Great Grandparents location going north. It is fairly remote as far as a stretch of road and the bridge looks easy to dump from.

I would think that by the size of the bones themselves, LE could tell whether or not this is adult or child bones.

I wish the moment it became clear as to whether or not the bones are those of an adult, they would release the information. Sometimes the releases are too vague - why?

I know, its making me nuts. Some one suggested they were fragments and it that case wouldn't be able to tell from the size.

I would think that by the size of the bones themselves, LE could tell whether or not this is adult or child bones.

I wish the moment it became clear as to whether or not the bones are those of an adult, they would release the information. Sometimes the releases are too vague - why?

Agreed. Sent the Marion County office an email for a simple clarification if this could be Caylee because of the interest in the case. No answer so far.

Agreed. Sent the Marion County office an email for a simple clarification if this could be Caylee because of the interest in the case. No answer so far.

If finger bone fragments were found, then a child's would be tiny. Also, if ribs were found, they would be small. Same with a skull, leg, arm, and spine. IMO, they know already. Just not releasing it.

Could be childs bones and LE cannot release it because it would not be clear if it were Caylee's, Trenton's, or some other childs. This would make sense to me.

Sometimes, what LE does not say is as important as what they do say. IMO

If finger bone fragments were found, then a child's would be tiny. Also, if ribs were found, they would be small. Same with a skull, leg, arm, and spine. IMO, they know already. Just not releasing it.

Could be childs bones and LE cannot release it because it would not be clear if it were Caylee's, Trenton's, or some other childs. This would make sense to me.

Sometimes, what LE does not say is as important as what they do say. IMO

Exactly my theory as well. :clap:

Either LE is withholding information or the remains are from an older child or adult. There's no way the remains of a 2 year old child could be indistinguishable from those of an adult.

I think that if the remains were of an adult then the police would have released that information already to rule out any speculation that it might be Caylee. I know that we all have seen too many of these cases where they almost within hours of finding something like this they rule out the person that is missing that is being nationally covered at the moment in time. I do hope this is Caylee so that justice can be served!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back