Identified! FL - Marion Co., Human torso found in river, Sep'08 - Everett Jackson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That has crossed my mind, seriously! Fairly familar with the area. Not really that far from Mt Dora when you consider the Hwy 19 and Hwy 40 are rural roads without a lot of traffic signals or traffic on them either, mostly forest.

To expound the the theory another way. This area the human remains were found in were possibly known to all in the family.

I wonder if they found her in the backyard on the 16th or 17th after the calls were made but prior to the LE search at the home. That would explain the sudden change in everyone's story.

Waiting for more information.

Newbie here...

Maybe they can't tell because a lot of the fatty tissue has been removed from fish or other things like that???:waitasec:

How sad, to think of anyone's torso in there. I feel bad for the searchers, in that one of the articles states the water is black and muddy, and they have to rely on feel. What about alligators?? How do they protect themselves from alligators?

I am not being flippant, but how do you protect yourself from alligators? I live in the west....

I am not being flippant, but how do you protect yourself from alligators? I live in the west....

Avoidance=protection LOL and in this case those searchers can't see in the muddy water!

if you are in the water or near the edge you really can't. I wonder if the divers are armed?

eta: and gators are very very good at moving in water and you can't see them until they choose to pop up. We were in Gainesville weekend before last and we went to Lake Alice and saw around 9 or 10 gators and you don't even know they are coming!

I just saw an updated post by WESH on another site... it states remains are human, but implies it could be a homeless and appears to have been shot, anyhow that is how I interpreted it.

ty lily, sounds really scary to me, those big lizards have always fascinated me, but no desire to be up close and personal

if you are in the water or near the edge you really can't. I wonder if the divers are armed?

eta: and gators are very very good at moving in water and you can't see them until they choose to pop up. We were in Gainesville weekend before last and we went to Lake Alice and saw around 9 or 10 gators and you don't even know they are coming!

I just saw an updated post by WESH on another site... it states remains are human, but implies it could be a homeless and appears to have been shot, anyhow that is how I interpreted it.

Link pretty please with cherry on top? :)

I see nothing on Wesh. Got a link?

Yes, I read this as well. Said a boater found some remains. Didn't know if they were an adult or child.

I am on the Ocala news site and don't see anything. The story was last updated around 11:30am.

Police Confirm Human Remains Found In Boca
Men Make Discovery While Cleaning Out Undeveloped Area

POSTED: 3:13 pm EDT September 12, 2008 (Wesh.com)
UPDATED: 9:29 pm EDT September 14, 2008

BOCA RATON, Fla. -- Police said skeletal remains found along a Boca Raton road Friday (09-12-08) are, in fact, human.

Scientific test results released on Sunday concluded that the bones are that of a person and they've been there for some time.

Mickey Maguire and Henry Thompson made the discovery while clearing out an undeveloped area near 1800 W. Palmetto Park Road.
“The skull was over to the back left and then the body, you see all the legs and stuff like that just scattered everywhere around there,” Maguire said.

Police said the area of land where the bones were found -- on the north side of Palmetto Park Road between Interstate 95 and Military Trail -- is frequented by the homeless.

An injury to one of the bones and a hole in a piece of clothing recovered at the scene lead police to believe the victim was shot, but the cause of death has not been determined.

Sorry you are correct, this is from last night I guess, I misread as today

Police Confirm Human Remains Found In Boca
Men Make Discovery While Cleaning Out Undeveloped Area

POSTED: 3:13 pm EDT September 12, 2008 (Wesh.com)
UPDATED: 9:29 pm EDT September 14, 2008

BOCA RATON, Fla. -- Police said skeletal remains found along a Boca Raton road Friday (09-12-08) are, in fact, human.

Scientific test results released on Sunday concluded that the bones are that of a person and they've been there for some time.

Mickey Maguire and Henry Thompson made the discovery while clearing out an undeveloped area near 1800 W. Palmetto Park Road.
“The skull was over to the back left and then the body, you see all the legs and stuff like that just scattered everywhere around there,” Maguire said.

Police said the area of land where the bones were found -- on the north side of Palmetto Park Road between Interstate 95 and Military Trail -- is frequented by the homeless.

An injury to one of the bones and a hole in a piece of clothing recovered at the scene lead police to believe the victim was shot, but the cause of death has not been determined.

Sorry you are correct, this is from last night I guess, I misread as today

This is different.

Here is the link to the story in question:
http://www.marionso.com/mediarelease.php?id=08158

My hat and admiration for these searchers, I'm from Texas and those alligators scare me right outta my boots!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back