DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
August 25, 2016
3:40 AM

Orlando Hospitals Won't Bill Pulse Nightclub Massacre Victims

Survivors of the Pulse nightclub massacre who were treated at two Orlando hospitals will not be billed for their medical care, the facilities announced Wednesday.

Orlando Health, a health care network that includes Orlando Regional Medical Center, said in a statement to ABC News, "Orlando Health has not sent any hospital or medical bills directly to Pulse patients, and we don’t intend to pursue reimbursement of medical costs from them."

Orlando Regional Hospital treated 44 patients of the June 12 terrorist attack, during which gunman Omar Mateen slaughtered 49 people at Pulse, one of Orlando's most popular LGBT venues.

The not-for-profit health care network said total unreimbursed costs "could exceed $5 million."

AP_Hospital_BM_20160615_4x3_992.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/US/orlando-hospitals-bill-pulse-nightclub-massacre-victims/story?id=41639209

Controversial pastor and activist Ken Adkins charged with child molestation in Brunswick
Adkins charged with 2 counts, surrendered to Glynn County sheriff Friday morning

The Florida Times-Union
By Terry Dickson Fri, Aug 26, 2016 @ 11:08 am | updated Fri, Aug 26, 2016 @ 12:53 pm

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...activist-ken-adkins-charged-child-molestation

“Controversial pastor Ken Adkins has been charged with two counts of child molestation in Georgia and is in the Glynn County jail, officials said.

One of the two charges against the 56-year-old is aggravated child molestation, said Stacy Carson, special agent in charge of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation's Kingsland office.

District Attorney Jackie Johnson asked the GBI on Aug. 12 to assist the Brunswick Police Department in an investigation of an accusation of child molestation against Adkins, Carson said. The investigation focused on suspected molestation in several locations in the Brunswick area including at Adkins’ church, a vehicle and a victim’s home, Carson said. The investigation is ongoing.”

“Adkins is a controversial figure in Jacksonville politics, particularly because of comments and crude caricatures he posted on his Twitter account while he helped lead the fight against expanding Jacksonville’s anti-discrimination law to cover lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.

Among the criticisms that Adkins lodged was his assertion that expanding the law would make it easier for sexual predators to find victims in bathrooms.

Adkins served as a panelist last December on one of the community forums that debated whether Jacksonville should broaden the law. Mayor Lenny Curry ultimately decided against doing so.

After the mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando in June, Adkins tweeted, “been through so much with these Jacksonville homosexuals that I don’t see none of them as victims. I see them as getting what they deserve.””​

Some things and some people are just head spinning.

Controversial pastor and activist Ken Adkins charged with child molestation in Brunswick
Adkins charged with 2 counts, surrendered to Glynn County sheriff Friday morning

The Florida Times-Union
By Terry Dickson Fri, Aug 26, 2016 @ 11:08 am | updated Fri, Aug 26, 2016 @ 12:53 pm

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...activist-ken-adkins-charged-child-molestation

“Controversial pastor Ken Adkins has been charged with two counts of child molestation in Georgia and is in the Glynn County jail, officials said.

One of the two charges against the 56-year-old is aggravated child molestation, said Stacy Carson, special agent in charge of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation's Kingsland office.

District Attorney Jackie Johnson asked the GBI on Aug. 12 to assist the Brunswick Police Department in an investigation of an accusation of child molestation against Adkins, Carson said. The investigation focused on suspected molestation in several locations in the Brunswick area including at Adkins’ church, a vehicle and a victim’s home, Carson said. The investigation is ongoing.”

“Adkins is a controversial figure in Jacksonville politics, particularly because of comments and crude caricatures he posted on his Twitter account while he helped lead the fight against expanding Jacksonville’s anti-discrimination law to cover lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.

Among the criticisms that Adkins lodged was his assertion that expanding the law would make it easier for sexual predators to find victims in bathrooms.

Adkins served as a panelist last December on one of the community forums that debated whether Jacksonville should broaden the law. Mayor Lenny Curry ultimately decided against doing so.

After the mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando in June, Adkins tweeted, “been through so much with these Jacksonville homosexuals that I don’t see none of them as victims. I see them as getting what they deserve.””​

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. I hope his fellow inmates take care of this garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure there is anything new in this article. I won't make any comment about the reverend, since I can't find any words that aren't 4-lettered.

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifesty...-offensive-tweets-arrested-child-molestation/

She went on to add that she and her husband believe that the boy who accused Adkins of sodomy is "deeply troubled."
"Ken and I have treated him like family, as has our church," she said. "He is a deeply troubled young man, to be sure, but our thoughts and prayers remain with him even now."

The Florida Times-Union

Considering all that is going on in the world today, I have to say I am not shocked. But I am wondering why this is the first I am hearing/seeing this, He posted to twitter june 14th, almost 11 weeks ago, I guess there were more important things for the front pages of the main stream media that day... or the days that followed. 15th of august the investigation began. it's a 15 year old young man.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...ted-on-charges-of-child-molestation/309483725

2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 16 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES
CHAPTER 6 - SEXUAL OFFENSES
§ 16-6-4 - Child molestation; aggravated child molestation

http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-16/chapter-6/16-6-4

It was in the Jacksonville media. This article is from June 14.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...kins-tweets-homosexuals-got-what-they-deserve

A Brunswick, Ga., pastor who helped lead the fight against expanding Jacksonville’s anti-discrimination law tweeted after the mass shooting in Orlando that homosexuals got “what they deserve.”
Mayor Lenny Curry condemned the comment by Pastor Kenneth Adkins, who served as a panelist on one of the community forums Curry convened in December about adding lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people to the city’s anti-discrimination law.

The Florida Times-Union

After the mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando in June, Adkins tweeted, “been through so much with these Jacksonville homosexuals that I don’t see none of them as victims. I see them as getting what they deserve.””

rbbm.
Interesting, alleged molestation seemingly occurred everywhere but the bathroom!
Switch these words around a bit ...
"After the mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando in June, Adkins tweeted, “been through so much with these Jacksonville homosexuals that I don’t see none of them as victims. I see them as getting what they deserve.””

and you get..

A tweeted, “been through so much with these young guys that I don’t see none of them as victims. I see them as getting what they deserve.

imo, speculation.

911 Calls From Pulse Nightclub Shooting Released
ABCNews
By JOSH MARGOLIN EMILY SHAPIRO
Aug 30, 2016, 1:18 PM ET

http://abcnews.go.com/US/911-calls-pulse-nightclub-shooting-released/story?id=41742808

“Officials released 911 calls from the Pulse nightclub mass shooting in Orlando, Florida, for the first time today.

Forty-nine people were killed in the June 12 massacre and dozens of others were injured.

In one 911 call, a man says his girlfriend is at Pulse, where she is hiding in a bathroom and sending him texts.

"There's like 18 people, two are dead, they're in the bathroom," the man says. "They're all scared to death, they all think they're gonna die."”​

I imagine there is more to come.

911 Calls From Pulse Nightclub Shooting Released
ABCNews
By JOSH MARGOLIN EMILY SHAPIRO
Aug 30, 2016, 1:18 PM ET

http://abcnews.go.com/US/911-calls-pulse-nightclub-shooting-released/story?id=41742808
“Officials released 911 calls from the Pulse nightclub mass shooting in Orlando, Florida, for the first time today.

Forty-nine people were killed in the June 12 massacre and dozens of others were injured.

In one 911 call, a man says his girlfriend is at Pulse, where she is hiding in a bathroom and sending him texts.

"There's like 18 people, two are dead, they're in the bathroom," the man says. "They're all scared to death, they all think they're gonna die."”​

I imagine there is more to come.

I am scared but I am going to listen-

I wish we could hear the negioations - that would be the most telling IMO< of his state of mind - probably never huh?

ugh, if brings back memories.............................

I thought the dispatchers were great! We all have heard ones where they sound like they could care less. I bet if OPD ever releases theirs we will see a difference (worse)

oh bad memories...sigh

the dispatchers are wonderful, keeping people calm, explaining help is aware. Just so sad, hearing people calling in; "people are dying and bleeding out"

jmo

*semi-related ;)*

An Orange County man linked to social media posts threatening a Pulse-style attack against the LGBT community in South Florida has been arrested. Craig Allen Jungwirth, 50, was arrested Saturday by the FBI, after messages were posted threatening gay people in Wilton Manors, a small city in Broward County.

(...)

The FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force, which is also investigating the Pulse shooting, began investigating these threats the day they were reported on Tuesday, Aug. 30.

(...)

The FBI has charged him with one count of &#8220;threatening communications.&#8221; He is in federal custody at the Seminole County Jail and is expected to have his initial appearance before a judge on Tuesday at the federal courthouse in Orlando.

http://m.wesh.com/news/orange-county-man-arrested-for-facebook-death-threats/41510946

Thanks for the above link, KayElJay.

I believe this is the same Craig Allen Jungwirth. It's a very long (interesting) article from March of this year in a gay Florida magazine.

BEWARE: BEACH BEAR 2016
11 MAR 2016 POSTED BY TIM PEACOCK

http://bearworldmagazine.com/beware-beach-bear-2016/

It begins:

“What began as a heated discussion on social media has turned into a full blown law enforcement investigation of the Beach Bear Weekend event in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. After the event folded following Beach Bear Weekend 2015 a new organizer took control of the event’s namesake and social media pages and over the course 2016 has threatened potential participants, used fake endorsements and sponsorships to bolster the event’s legitimacy, and potentially defrauded anyone who’s registered for the May 2016 event.

The incident began when Beach Bear Weekend’s new (and sole) organizer Craig Jungwirth connected with Sister Evelyn Tensions on Facebook in addition to inviting her to Beach Bear Weekend 2016. She accepted the friend request but reportedly had no intentions of attending the event. At some point thereafter Jungwirth left a message on her wall stating, “You are trespassed from BeachBear Weekend and FiremansBall.”​

Further in the article:

“At the time Jungwirth (working in conjunction with his now ex-boyfriend, Gabriel Urena) began promoting the 2016 event. Sometime between the takeover and the beginning 2016 the two had a very public, very nasty falling out. Some of the accusations against Jungwirth involved financial promises (made for involvement in the event) that never materialized.

Suffice to say, Jungwirth alienated everyone involved in the sale and organization of the event.

That’s when South Florida Gay News (SFGN) ran a damning article questioning Jungwirth’s fitness to lead the Beach Bear organization.

CRIMINAL HISTORY

According to SFGN Jungwirth has a sordid legal and criminal history including indictments and restraining orders against him in at least three states.”

Much more...

It will be interesting to see what the Feds do with him following this latest incident.

Here is an article from earlier this year (January 29, 2016) about him in the South Florida Gay News:

http://southfloridagaynews.com/Local/new-beach-bear-weekend-director-s-past-under-scrutiny.html

And their article from a few days ago with updates:

http://southfloridagaynews.com/Jungwirth

Craig Jungwirth

UPDATE Sunday 4:30 P.M.:

Craig Jungwirth has been arrested by the FBI – that should be a relief to many, especially people in Wilton Manors. After a week of what appeared to be a never-ending saga Jungwirth, the man accused of making online threats against the LGBT community this week, is finally behind bars and charged with a federal crime.

“This has been a collaborative and intense investigation which utilized the US Attorney’s Office, Secret Service, FBI, Orlando JTTF, Ft. Lauderdale PD and WMPD,” said Wilton Manors Police Chief Paul O’Connell. “The team worked endlessly throughout the week to piece together probable cause for the arrest of the subject. Now we let the criminal justice system take its course.”​

Orlando Nightclub Shooting Survivor, Patience Carter: 'Each Day Is a Struggle'
NBC News
September 5, 2016
by CHANDELIS R. DUSTER

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/or...vor-patience-carter-each-day-struggle-n642281

“Two months after the deadly shooting at Pulse nightclub in Orlando took the lives of 49 people and wounded more than 50 others, Patience Carter is still coping.

Carter, one of the young survivors of the shooting spoke with NBC BLK on what life has been like for her since the deadly shooting.

"Each day is a struggle." Carter said. "Each day is an up and down emotional roller coaster, just remembering the faces of certain people that are no longer here. Dancing with that person, to watching that person bleed, that's a huge impact, changes your life forever."

The 20-year-old from Philadelphia was on vacation with her friends Tiara Parker and Akyra Murray when they decided to go to Pulse for the night. They were dancing and celebrating Murray's academic accomplishments when Omar Mateen fired shots in the club.”

“She wants people to know hate is not the answer. She says although she is not a member of the LGBT community, people need to see everyone as the same regardless of their differences.”​

Good article, smart, talented, accomplished young woman.

O/T

Happy crying now!

Tony Marrero is one of the people who was at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando .........was shot 4 times in the back,.......... close buddy Luis Vielma, a straight guy who called him that night because he wanted his gay friend with him at the gay club, was killed.

While Tony was in the hospital, he sent Ellen DeGeneres a message, and she received it. In fact, she was so touched she invited him to come on her show!

the Katy Perry song &#8220;Rise&#8221; really helped Tony make it through the loss of his friend, the tragedy he experienced, and his recovery. .........

Video/ coverage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_di-NSVLU4A

and here

http://www.mtv.com/news/2929473/katy-perry-orlando-survivor-tony-marrero-ellen/

Arson Suspected in Fire at Florida Mosque Attended by Orlando Shooter Omar Mateen
ABC News
By J.J. GALLAGHER
Sep 12, 2016, 6:56 AM ET

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fire-breaks-florida-mosque-attended-orlando-shooter-omar/story?id=42025307

“Investigators suspect arson in a blaze that broke out overnight in the mosque attended by Omar Mateen, the shooter in the Orlando nightclub massacre that claimed the lives of 49 people and injured dozens more.

Emergency responders received a call at about 12:31 a.m. Monday reporting a fire at the Islamic Center of Fort Pierce, Florida, the St. Lucie County Sheriff's Office said. St. Lucie County Fire District crews responded and extinguished the fire.

Investigators said evidence points to an intentional fire, and the Sheriff's office is investigating the incident as arson, officials said at a morning press conference Monday.”​

More with video of press conference...

And, there was this article over the weekend:

Security company that employed Pulse nightclub gunman slapped with $151G fine for false psychological forms
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Sunday, September 11, 2016, 3:06 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...apped-151g-fine-false-forms-article-1.2787544

“The security company that employed Omar Mateen, the gunman in the July Orlando nightclub massacre that killed 49 people, was hit with a hefty fine for a slew of false psychological forms that allowed its employees to carry guns.

G4S Secure Solutions faces a fine of $151,400, a situation the firm blames on a “clerical error,” the Orlando Sentinel reports.”​

More...

And, there was this article over the weekend:

Security company that employed Pulse nightclub gunman slapped with $151G fine for false psychological forms
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Sunday, September 11, 2016, 3:06 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...apped-151g-fine-false-forms-article-1.2787544
&#8220;The security company that employed Omar Mateen, the gunman in the July Orlando nightclub massacre that killed 49 people, was hit with a hefty fine for a slew of false psychological forms that allowed its employees to carry guns.

G4S Secure Solutions faces a fine of $151,400, a situation the firm blames on a &#8220;clerical error,&#8221; the Orlando Sentinel reports.&#8221;​

More...

Hi ibnora

I vividly remember this allegation. And back then the company said opppsss she did not see him, and had him do a couple of paper psyc evals

also this very soon after that was reproted (that she had done a eval onhim)

Here is more -- I think they got in trouble casue they were "claiming" credentialed folks as giving evals when in fact they handing forms to people having them fill them out, and posssibly a credentialed person signing off on them without ever seeing the person just was my take when it first came out.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article84490302.html

also

Daniel Gilroy, told the Miami Herald that he had complained to superiors about Mateen&#8217;s frequent violent, racist and homophobic tirades.

All along I have felt this was self hatred becasue of his sexual desires. Ironically I was watching the next link and I thought about Pulse, and came on to post this.

Obviously different case but what he describes starting at 13:00 I think applies to Omar to the tee moo

I also thought of Joey Labute about 15 seconds later. Might need to cut and paste having some shockwave issues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vopnpygoSFQhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vopnpygoSFQ

or You Tube

BLINDSPOT: A Serial Killer in Manchester?

I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member