FL FL - Miami Beach, WhtMale UP6736, 30-40, 6'9" & 335 lbs, drowned, Dec'09

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought he would surely have been IDed by now.
Grasping at straws here...
Interesting that he had no tattoos. Sunni Muslims and Orthodox Jews would be among those groups who in general do not practice tattooing. Does anyone else feel that he looks Turkish?
Could send case info to NFL coordinators and see if anyone recognizes him. Big and tall men's shops would be a good place to start. Probably could skip the racetracks, he certainly was not a jockey.

Oh wow, this is like 25 miles from my home. I've even been to that same beach before back when I was at the gay pride parade a few years ago.

Miami is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the US, and Miami International Airport is one of the busiest in the world. To give you a sense of how popular it is, <modsnip: broken link>. It also attracts a lot of transients.

I'm about 90% sure this guy was a tourist or, less likely, a transient.

I wonder if LE checked nearby hotels to see if they had any guests who checked in, left and just never came back (and possibly never came to retrieve their stuff). Or if they at least went to hotels asking the clerks if they remember anyone matching the UID's description. He looks so distinctive (not just how big he is, but his face too) that I think a hotel clerk - a job where they deal with potentially hundreds of people a day - could possibly remember him.

I was also thinking that maybe they could check with MIA to see if they have any customers who bought a round-trip from [wherever] to Miami, and never arrived at the airport when it was time to leave. But the airport is so massively busy that that would probably be very difficult.

IMO the most important thing at this point is to do isotope testing. That could confirm whether he was a tourist and even narrow it down to a certain area (whether it's in the US or a foreign country). At that point LE can work with the authorities in that area to publicise this case and hopefully someone will recognise him. It's very possible that there's someone in a different country who's wondering where their dad/brother/uncle/friend/coworker disappeared to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ruleouts:
Richard Alicea 1979 Florida
Michael Allen Unknown Kentucky
Kevin Baker 1976 Virginia
Gregory Brushett 1964
James E. Collins 1958 Indiana
Tommy Daniels 1981 Florida
Angelo Falvia Unknown
Howard V. Gratteau 1947 Florida
Danny Kennedy, Jr. 1973 Colorado
Leland Torrey 1968 Arizona

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul Korbelak 1980 Florida has been added to the ruleouts.

Thanks for letting us know. I couldn't shake the feeling of that this John Doe could be Paul, although according to the file he went missing in 2010, everything fitted and mistakes can be made.

11 exclusions in NamUs:

MP13880
Paul
Korbelak
12/21/2010
Palm Beach
FL
--
James E.
Collins
--
--
IN
--
Angelo
Falvia
--
--
--
MP13803
Howard
Gratteau
09/01/1986
Broward
FL
--
Gregory
Brushett
--
--
--
MP22111
Richard
Alicea
12/14/2009
Miami-Dade
FL
MP24010
Tommy
Daniels
11/02/2009
Miami-Dade
FL
MP7637
Kevin
Baker
09/12/2007
Virginia Beach
VA
MP3934
Leland
Torrey
07/27/2009
Maricopa
AZ
MP2999
Michael
Allen
05/30/2001
Floyd
KY
MP341
Danny
Kennedy, Jr.
09/23/2004
Weld
CO

I actually found two articles about this guy from Canada who looks like the UID from Florida... the heights are off, but you can't always rely on that. The height of the UID, 6'9" is correct because it was measured by the coroner, but heights of missing people are often guestimates and sometimes wrong. Anyways... after YEARS of looking for this guy, I found a guy from Canada who looks more like the UID than anyone NAMUS has him as ruled out... I emailed the information to the RCMP and to Miami. I heard back from the RCMP, and they are forwarding the info to the "agency in charge". Have heard nothing yet from Miami. The faces are so similar they really need to look at this UID compared to the guy from Montreal who went missing in February 2009. The UID was found drowned on Christmas Eve 2009 (12/24/2009). Was he despondent that he was alone on Christmas Eve and just wandered into the ocean? The guy missing from Montreal allegedly had mental health issues. Who knows??? I am going off of how similar they look compared to anything else I have seen over the past YEARS.. Pictures below.

Attachments

• NAMUS UP6736 Compared to Carl Chenier From Montreal Canada Missing 2 23 2009 .JPG
    NAMUS UP6736 Compared to Carl Chenier From Montreal Canada Missing 2 23 2009 .JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 99
I actually found two articles about this guy from Canada who looks like the UID from Florida... the heights are off, but you can't always rely on that. The height of the UID, 6'9" is correct because it was measured by the coroner, but heights of missing people are often guestimates and sometimes wrong. Anyways... after YEARS of looking for this guy, I found a guy from Canada who looks more like the UID than anyone NAMUS has him as ruled out... I emailed the information to the RCMP and to Miami. I heard back from the RCMP, and they are forwarding the info to the "agency in charge". Have heard nothing yet from Miami. The faces are so similar they really need to look at this UID compared to the guy from Montreal who went missing in February 2009. The UID was found drowned on Christmas Eve 2009 (12/24/2009). Was he despondent that he was alone on Christmas Eve and just wandered into the ocean? The guy missing from Montreal allegedly had mental health issues. Who knows??? I am going off of how similar they look compared to anything else I have seen over the past YEARS.. Pictures below.
WOW! I definitely see the resemblance. Often times, when I can compare “fresh” PM photos, I use the hairlines and ears for comparison. I see many similarities between these two!

Thanks for caring so much about our UID!

I think this actually might work. Good resemblance. Thank you for caring and following it up. I hope you hear something back soon.

I think this actually might work. Good resemblance. Thank you for caring and following it up. I hope you hear something back soon.
I will keep you guys posted. I sent the email with the information to the contacts listed on NAMUS Friday night, and I heard back from RCMP Monday morning. Nothing yet from Miami. I would love to see this man identified. It always bothered me that he died on Christmas Eve... alone.

Fingers crossed
You and me both!!!! I always worry that people who are working these cases just ignore what we send. This one is definitely worth looking at. I have followed this case for YEARS, and it needs to be investigated. I am not going to let it go... giving them some time to review and investigate. Will keep all of you guys posted if I hear anything, and if I don't hear anything, I will let you know what happens next. SO THANKFUL that people still care about this!!! It does my soul and heart good in this crazy world to know people still care about people who are lost. These things matter!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RockList
Back