FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thor, you misunderstood the context of my post. Posters were making comments about losing custody, or where the kids should be, yada yada. Then it was brought up that he can't or is having a hard time getting clients. It's also been said he can't take care of his kids with no money, and so on. That's why I brought up welfare. He would qualify & help his situation. It's been insinuated throughout these threads that he's not a good dad, that he's not working, abusive & so on. My post was in response to it all put together. If he cannot work bc of lack of clients, & if he's unemployable at the moment bc employers are afraid to take a chance on him, then welfare could be a route to feed his children.

I personally think they both (Michelle & Dale) had an eye opening experience on PC. Neither one looked good. Not in the very least.

I totally understand your point and I agree ... I actually answered the wrong post. I apologize for the misunderstanding, my mistake.

In case you missed it...Michelle's older son witnessed Dale assault Michelle and the twinners witnessed Dale punch out a window and threaten to kill Michelle. I think it was back thread a bit. If you find more links please share. TIA

Alright... I found references to this in connection with seeking a restraining order. A person can say literally anything in a request for a restraining order and the facts are frequently embellished. Sometimes the allegations are complete fabrication as people abuse the system by seeking restraining orders to get back at each other in contentious relationships. I consider the allegations in a request for a restraining order, standing on their own, to be pretty much meaningless outside the immediate granting or denying of the order itself at the time it is sought.

The relationship between Dale and Michelle was volatile and both of them have displayed fits of temper and immaturity. Is there any independent verification that he actually did the things she alleged when she requested the restraining order? Did she call 911 at the time, so that witnesses could be interviewed and the incident could be properly documented? If not, then I take them with a grain of salt.

Our hurrican season starts tomorrow, and I hope that IF Michelle is somewhere, buried in or around Orlando, that the she would be unearthed and maybe be found. Lots of areas will be undewater with the storms so any searches will be best started soon. I am sure LE is out every single day, looking and keep their eyes open, but it would be nice to see a really large search before the season hits with all the storms and rain.

Please state your facts implicating Dale in Michelle's murder.

He has been deemed the prime suspect in Michelle's disappearance.

The police are more than implying that he did it. They will get their facts and evidence together and they will eventually arrest and charge him. These things do not come together neatly and quickly as they do on television.

There is a process, and often is it dragged out.

Cases that are resolved years after the initial investigation are extremely rare and statistically irrelevant. Unfortunately most crimes remain unsolved especially those that are not resolved relatively quickly.

I disagree.

We are six months in, not years. Arrests later down the road are not uncommon or rare at all. Sometimes a case will lay dormant for quite a while and then one piece, or one slip up from the prime suspect will pull it all together.

Jaycee Dugard
Elizabeth Smart
The Green River Killer
Ted Bundy
Chandra Levy
Holly Maddux
Etan Patz
Adam Walsh
Martha Moxley
Shawn Hornbeck
Jessica Keen
The Unabomber

And these are just a small sample of famous cases. There are countless cases that we will never ever hear of that have been solved sometimes decades later. Entire television series are dedicated to the subject matter.

The fact that police have not arrested and charged Dale amounts to a hill of beans regarding his innocence. The fact that they still actively investigating, and have gone as far as to put a special team together to do so speaks volumes.

I have zero doubts that he will be arrested and charged, I'm just not sure when.

The police know way more than we do on these boards, it is common for them to withhold most information and evidence. Only LE truly knows what the deal is. There is movement in this case and that should tell us something.

I disagree.

We are six months in, not years. Arrests later down the road are not uncommon or rare at all. Sometimes a case will lay dormant for quite a while and then one piece, or one slip up from the prime suspect will pull it all together.

Jaycee Dugard
Elizabeth Smart
The Green River Killer
Ted Bundy
Chandra Levy
Holly Maddux
Etan Patz
Adam Walsh
Martha Moxley
Shawn Hornbeck
Jessica Keen
The Unabomber

And these are just a small sample of famous cases. There are countless cases that we will never ever hear of that have been solved sometimes decades later. Entire television series are dedicated to the subject matter.

The fact that police have not arrested and charged Dale amounts to a hill of beans regarding his innocence. The fact that they still actively investigating, and have gone as far as to put a special team together to do so speaks volumes.

I have zero doubts that he will be arrested and charged, I'm just not sure when.

The police know way more than we do on these boards, it is common for them to withhold most information and evidence. Only LE truly knows what the deal is. There is movement in this case and that should tell us something.

IMO common sense dictates the opposite. Do you have any statistical data to back up your assertions?

I disagree.

Jaycee Dugard
Elizabeth Smart
The Green River Killer
Ted Bundy
Chandra Levy
Holly Maddux
Etan Patz
Adam Walsh
Martha Moxley
Shawn Hornbeck
Jessica Keen
The Unabomber

Ok this is a research and statistical analysis conducted by the Rand Corporation contradicting your assertions. It can be found here

Michelle has only been missing 6 months and the investigation is still active, not closed. Therefore it doesn't qualify as a cold case under Florida law.

I don't have time to do an extensive search of Florida Statutes but here's a link with a definition of 'cold case' that applies to both criminal and traffic cases. See Definitions, Part B, item D.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/fhp/Manuals/2201.pdf

Michelle has only been missing 6 months and the investigation is still active, not closed. Therefore it doesn't qualify as a cold case under Florida law.

I don't have time to do an extensive search of Florida Statutes but here's a link with a definition of 'cold case' that applies to both criminal and traffic cases. See Definitions, Part B, item D.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/fhp/Manuals/2201.pdf

Florida definition of "cold case" notwithstanding, statistical data does show the many reasons why "passage of time" has usually an adverse affect on conviction rates. Not that you need statistical data to intuitively think so IMO, given enough time forensic evidence may become corrupt or destroyed all together, eyewitnesses testimonies become more unreliable to name two of the most obvious examples. Not that you can't secure a conviction because 6 months or a year have passed of course, and sometimes more time may in fact yield new clues and new viable evidence, however on balance, cases that are not resolved relatively quickly tend not to be resolved at all.

Please discuss FINDING MICHELLE and leave the petty back & forth over semantics off of this thread. Agree to disagree and move on.

FIND MICHELLE. That is why we are still here.

Florida definition of "cold case" notwithstanding, statistical data does show the many reasons why "passage of time" has usually an adverse affect on conviction rates. Not that you need statistical data to intuitively think so IMO, given enough time forensic evidence may become corrupt or destroyed all together, eyewitnesses testimonies become more unreliable to name two of the most obvious examples.

Just curious, are you in the legal profession?

Ok guys I've been reading what I thought was the last two pages of this thread but I didn't recognize the initials of the subjects being used and there was a lot of discussion about eggs and milk being left out??????? Finally I look up at the top and I was on the McStay family thread!!!!:banghead:

Has this ever happened to you. I thought new evidence had been found for Michelle's case that involved milk and eggs....:blushing:

Ok guys I've been reading what I thought was the last two pages of this thread but I didn't recognize the initials of the subjects being used and there was a lot of discussion about eggs and milk being left out??????? Finally I look up at the top and I was on the McStay family thread!!!!:banghead:

Has this ever happened to you. I thought new evidence had been found for Michelle's case that involved milk and eggs....:blushing:

:floorlaugh:

Yes, it's has happened to me as well!

I don't get "helps" one to loose custody of one's children ... never mind. And how did we get to welfare now? And how does this helps in finding Michelle again?

To find Michelle...we need to figure out where Dale hid her. Do you have any thoughts or insight on hiding places? Random location or familiar place?...<modsnip>...where could he have hid her?

Yes, it has happened to me and I have even gone ahead and posted on the wrong thread, not realizing it is the wrong case, and started weird rumors accidentally. :angel:

To find Michelle...we need to figure out where Dale hid her. Do you have any thoughts or insight on hiding places? Random location or familiar place?...<modsnip>...where could he have hid her?

Don't know Dale hid her anywhere, as a matter of fact I hope she's still alive. I am not from Florida so I am not familiar with the area where she disappeared and I guess that answer could be best replied to by someone else other then me. However often times I have wondered why not more searches have been conducted by the Police who seem to act mostly on tips. I think people should get together down there in Florida and search for Michelle and that would be the most productive way to help in the case.

Don't know Dale hid her anywhere, as a matter of fact I hope she's still alive. I am not from Florida so I am not familiar with the area where she disappeared and I guess that answer could be best replied to by someone else other then me. However often times I have wondered why not more searches have been conducted by the Police who seem to act mostly on tips. I think people should get together down there in Florida and search for Michelle and that would be the most productive way to help in the case.

I wasn't looking for a specific area...UNLESS you had a few ideas. I was looking more for whether you think Dale selected a random spot or place from his past. Knowing what you have learned about him...military training, his cabinet installation skills, his obsession with Star Wars, how he strands women,etc...do you think it was random or planned? Heat of the moment or premeditated? This IMO will lead us to Michelle.

I wasn't looking for a specific area...UNLESS you had a few ideas. I was looking more for whether you think Dale selected a random spot or place from his past. Knowing what you have learned about him...military training, his cabinet installation skills, his obsession with Star Wars, how he strands women,etc...do you think it was random or planned? Heat of the moment or premeditated? This IMO will lead us to Michelle.

Ok here we go again ... now Star Wars, I think the best way to find Michelle is to go looking for her, as the Police is doing. I don't think rehashing Dale Smith over and over is going to get Michelle found anytime soon as I suspect the police has realized by now.

Ok here we go again ... now Star Wars, I think the best way to find Michelle is to go looking for her, as the Police is doing. I don't think rehashing Dale Smith over and over is going to get Michelle found anytime soon as I suspect the police has realized by now.

It is like following a map...if you travel the right path it will lead you where you need to go. I would think Dale had a place in mind...such as a sinkhole close to where he attended a 501 convention...some place that came to mind! What other places would you think he would say that's a good spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member