FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you that I do think Dale is guilty. I haven't seen any evidence to lead us away from him just yet.

Nor have we seen evidence pointing to him either. And IMO is not reasonable to ask one to prove one's own innocence. IMO

My mind cannot speculate on anyone other than him without some reasons or evidence to support that train of thought... That is JMO.

The bar for speculations is very low because they require no hard facts, in this case there are many possible speculations that can be made here that don't involve DS in the crime. IMO

Quick question: Do we know if Dale is still "on the dole" aka taking money from the state right now? I believe he is still on welfare so what's happening with the twinners?

For instance, insurance: Who is paying for the kids' health insurance now that he's out of work? The state, no doubt!

How is he paying his mortgage? Unemployment, probably. Another state-funded program. He is costing us FL taxpayers a ton of money because he chose to make Michelle disappear. JMO

Welfare is a program designed to help families in need and especially the children in those circumstances. We as a society recognize the usefulness and moral imperative to help those in need, not because it is just moral to do so but also because in doing so we ensure that should ourselves or people we love need an helping hand it would be there for us and them.

In helping people we do not second guess whether they are good or bad or any shades in between, nor do we make a condition of eligibility for welfare that people not be accused by public opinion of any crime, nor do we begrudge spending money for this family but not the other.

'Erickson also added that Smith Jr. has "not cooperated with investigators," and when he was asked to take a polygraph test, he said no.;

BBM - In reference to no info about Dale not cooperating. I also read the "AND" as not cooperated AND refused to take a lie detector test. I really don't care about the LDT other than what refusing to take one can infer. I do care about the fact he has "not cooperated with investigators".
http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/state/...rickson,-speaks-out-about-new-primary-suspect

ETA - I do not believe that Michelle's family would jeopardize this investigation or put themselves at risk for a slander law suit by going on national tv and stating that Dale Smith, Jr. was not cooperating with investigators, if it were not a true, verifiable, fact.

Yep, thank you!

Here's the 2 pics released by le shown at your link above:

0e35d1eb99fcfc385ee3852f8f3894d6.jpg

Ok gimme a sec. I believe I found her mobile photobucket where that image is hosted... I'm backing up each picture in case it gets deleted for whatever reason. There's like 400 pictures so please give me a few minutes to finish.

Ps - not the same as the photobucket acct released after she disappeared. This one is different.

... I do not believe that Michelle's family would jeopardize this investigation or put themselves at risk for a slander law suit by going on national tv and stating that Dale Smith, Jr. was not cooperating with investigators, if it were not a true, verifiable, fact.

IMO, DS interest here is not to sue for slander anyone, even if such a lawsuit would be actionable (and I think it would be) because that might involve a civil trial and he does not need the attention it would generate under this highly charged climate, not to mention the proverbial can of worms that such a lawsuit might open independently of his guilt or innocence in MP disappearance, and I think the grandparents, when making those statements, are well aware of just that.

Besides "not cooperating" can mean different things to different people and while it might even be technically true it might also be perfectly understandable as in the example I made in one of my previous post.

Nor have we seen evidence pointing to him either. And IMO is not reasonable to ask one to prove one's own innocence. IMO

The bar for speculations is very low because they require no hard facts, in this case there are many possible speculations that can be made here that don't involve DS in the crime. IMO

Welfare is a program designed to help families in need and especially the children in those circumstances. We as a society recognize the usefulness and moral imperative to help those in need, not because it is just moral to do so but also because in doing so we ensure that should ourselves or people we love need an helping hand it would be there for us and them.

In helping people we do not second guess whether they are good or bad or any shades in between, nor do we make a condition of eligibility for welfare that people not be accused by public opinion of any crime, nor do we begrudge spending money for this family but not the other.

Huh? Is this post in the correct thread? I'm not following what you are getting at or how this relates to my post...Maybe I have been knitting for too long today. My brain hurts...

Ok, the picture released by le doesn't appear to be in this photobucket/snap bucket acct, but there are 478 pictures in it. At first I thought it was just an older album bc there's pics of Michelle with someone else and there's also a pic with her mom dated 2007...but then I saw pics of the twins & Dale's in a lot. Now I think it's just one of her photobucket accounts. It this one has older pictures that she saved.

I'd like to say that she's just so cute & funny! The way she looks for pictures of what she'd like to dress as for Halloween or one of those dress up things with Dale, plus the way she saves pictures of clothes & makeup & poses - well quite frankly is cute & innocent & sweet. Made me giggle while viewing these pictures bc I myself went through a phase like that. It's sweet.

Huh? Is this post in the correct thread? I'm not following what you are getting at or how this relates to my post...Maybe I have been knitting for too long today. My brain hurts...

You mean this?

I agree with you that I do think Dale is guilty. I haven't seen any evidence to lead us away from him just yet.

My mind cannot speculate on anyone other than him without some reasons or evidence to support that train of thought... That is JMO.

Quick question: Do we know if Dale is still "on the dole" aka taking money from the state right now? I believe he is still on welfare so what's happening with the twinners?

For instance, insurance: Who is paying for the kids' health insurance now that he's out of work? The state, no doubt!

How is he paying his mortgage? Unemployment, probably. Another state-funded program. He is costing us FL taxpayers a ton of money because he chose to make Michelle disappear. JMO

Ok gimme a sec. I believe I found her mobile photobucket where that image is hosted... I'm backing up each picture in case it gets deleted for whatever reason. There's like 400 pictures so please give me a few minutes to finish.

Ps - not the same as the photobucket acct released after she disappeared. This one is different.

Looking forward to this!! I've had a nagging discomfort that despite the information and media reports, I can't gain the same knowledge of who Michelle is that I have come to feel in some other missing persons cases. The public presentation of Michelle seems a bit Swiss cheesy to me... full of holes. Maybe a slew of pictures will help.

IMO, DS interest here is not to sue for slander anyone, even if such a lawsuit would be actionable (and I think it would be) because that might involve a civil trial and he does not need the attention it would generate under this highly charged climate, not to mention the proverbial can of worms that such a lawsuit might open independently of his guilt or innocence in MP disappearance, and I think the grandparents, when making those statements, are well aware of just that.

Besides "not cooperating" can mean different things to different people and while it might even be technically true it might also be perfectly understandable as in the example I made in one of my previous post.

In order to sue for slander Dale would need to prove that oral defamation took place, in which someone told others an untruth about him that harmed his reputation...how does one damage the reputation of a violent convicted felon who was dishonorably discharged from the military for abusing drugs and beating his wife? The same guy who has been in trouble with the law over and over again since he was 19 and has a history of threatening and beating women? I don't know....I guess they have a pecking order in prison so maybe if someone called him a "child rapist" without proof that MAY qualify...but short of something like that which I haven't seen anyone suggest that yet...I am not sure anyone can damage Dale's reputation more than Dale himself...just saying! MOO

In order to sue for slander Dale would need to prove that oral defamation took place, in which someone told others an untruth about him that harmed his reputation...how does one damage the reputation of a violent convicted felon who was dishonorably discharged from the military for abusing drugs and beating his wife? The same guy who has been in trouble with the law over and over again since he was 19 and has a history of threatening and beating women? I don't know....I guess they have a pecking order in prison so maybe if someone called him a "child rapist" without proof that MAY qualify...but short of something like that which I haven't seen anyone suggest that yet...I am not sure anyone can damage Dale's reputation more than Dale himself...just saying! MOO

The possible slander lawsuit the other poster was referring to has nothing to do with what Dale might or might not have been guilty of in the past. it was about the grandparents accusing Dale of not cooperating with LE and this was my reply:

Does anyone know if we are allowed to post FB photos from Dale's photo albums? TIA

The possible slander lawsuit the other poster was referring to has nothing to do with what Dale might or might not have been guilty in the past. it was about the grandparents accusing Dale of not cooperating with LE and this was my reply:

Oh that makes more sense...but still I believe Michelle's parents and family would win that battle...don't you? I mean come on...he is still the prime suspect and he lawyered up the second LE most likely knew he was lying. JMO but I doubt he'd have any legal leg to stand on and he'd have to pay a pretty penny to afford a lawyer to take that case. I highly doubt his welfare check could cover that...JMO

Does anyone know if we are allowed to post FB photos from Dale's photo albums? TIA

We are allowed to post photos from a suspect's FB albums, as well as the missing person's albums, as long as they aren't set to "private" and a link is given. If the children or other people are in the picture, then don't post in order to protect the innocent people not involved.

We are allowed to post photos from a suspect's FB albums, as well as the missing person's albums, as long as they aren't set to "private" and a link is given. If the children or other people are in the picture, then don't post in order to protect the innocent people not involved.

Darn he has since changed his FB to private with all the free "publicity" he has been receiving. I have some "interesting" ones I will keep to myself. thanks Jersey Girl

Oh that makes more sense...but still I believe Michelle's parents and family would win that battle...don't you? I mean come on...he is still the prime suspect and he lawyered up the second LE most likely knew he was lying. JMO but I doubt he'd have any legal leg to stand on and he'd have to pay a pretty penny to afford a lawyer to take that case. I highly doubt his welfare check could cover that...JMO

Slander and defamation of character are not easily proven and you have the complications of the contextual meaning of the statements made within a freedom of speech environment.

As who "would win the battle" is not for me to say and not relevant to the issue itself, but I guess it would depend on the facts of the case. A real attorney could explain this better then me.

I just tried to post a pic but I can't hot link for some reason. It may be bc I'm posting mobile. Idk. Just a few minutes. Takes time to upload so many to my own album.

Do you have a link to the photobucket account that you posted about Jersey Girl? Not sure if it's one that has been posted yet.

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member