Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ecstasy overdose? Seriously?
Do you KNOW how RARE it is to die from that ALONE?

If Ecstasy is used with another drug, sure. But alone? It is hardly ever a fatal overdose. I would look twice at the case just for that.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2010-06-12-ecstasy-rave_N.htm

Due to the difference between the recreational dose and the lethality dose, it is extremely rare for a death to be accredited just to the consumption of MDMA.

This not-with-standing, "most of the cases of serious toxicity or fatality have involved blood levels... up to 40 times higher than the usual recreational range."

Quoted from Dr. Julie Holland: "Not only are MDMA related cases a small percentage of all drug-related emergency room visits, but a large percentage of MDMA cases are not life-threatening.

In a recent study conducted by the physicians in the Emergency Department of Bellevue, (Rella, Int J Med Toxicol 2000; 3(5): 28) regional hospital ecstasy cases phoned into the New York City poison control center were analyzed.

There were 191 cases reported during the years 1993 to 1999 inclusive.
This is a rate of fewer than thirty cases per year.
139 cases (73%) were mild and experienced minor or no toxicity.
The most commonly reported symptoms were increased heart rate (22%), agitation (19%), and nausea and vomiting (12%).

In these seven years, only one ecstasy-related death was reported, which was due to hyperthermia, or overheating.

Effects of MDMA on the human body - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ingra you're the greatest with your speedy transcribing skills!! Much appreciated!!

It is really disrespectful to NG to assign her "nicknames" to the victims, IMO...

In fairness, she's not the only one. All the headlines refer to her as "People's Court" mom or "People's Court" mother.

People Magazine....

People's Court Missing Mom 'Would Not Voluntarily Disappear,' Friends Say

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20548335,00.html

CBS

Police: "People's Court" mom Michelle Parker's ex-boyfriend named as primary suspect

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...arkers-ex-boyfriend-named-as-primary-suspect/

WKBW

Police: Ex-Fiance 'Primary Focus' in Disappearance of 'People's Court' Mom

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/Poli...ppearance-of-Peoples-Court-Mom-134677738.html

and there are many others......

ITA Ms. Facetious.. Overdosing on MDMA/ecstasy resulting in death is so very extremely rare.. You couple that extreme rarity with the specifically noted severe traumas to the victims body in the AR.. Blunt force trauma to the "top" of the head.. Blood covering one entire side of the head, blood on ears, truly a really brutal set of multiple injuries.. And as you said for the simple and single fact that overdose resulting in death of the drug MDMA/ecstasy being so extremely rare.. That in and of itself prompts a second look into this young woman's tragic death at such a young age..

I still am just literally floored with Dale having returned home to his wife after an entire night of "partying" like there was no tomorrow.. He hammered and angry(who knows why he was furious but his wife was asleep in bed).. And his violent drunk self woke her up and literally beat the life out OD her including slamming her head into a metal railing amongst other violences that inflicted severe injuries leaving her in desperate need to get to a hospital..

Hubby, Dale agrees to take his beaten to a pulp wife.. But.. Not before going to a friends of Dale's to pick him up as Dale had promised to do.. So his wife would wait til her husband made sure his buddy had hitched a ride with them.. And it was only after that task being completed that he then agreed to go on to the hospital for his sverely injured wife to get the much needed medical assistance that she was so badly needing..

He truly is what I would refer to as a true monster and IMO has zero issue taking out all of his frustrations on the women who loved and trusted him and were in relationships with him.. He, proven IMO by his own actions does not have that engrained respect for females.. It not only was not present but I truly believe just the opposite in that it seems as tho he has genuine hatred and anger at the females in his life and takes zero issue with being a big ol', grown azz man that when one of his "women" dare to set him off he doesn't hesitate a second to slap, shove, hit, and literally pulverize his significant other when it seems the feeling washes over him to do so..

I pray to God this man has finally come to the end of the road and will not ever have the chance to take out such vicious pent up rage in physically assaulting his significant other.. Never again will a female be subjected to a violent beating at the hands of Dale, Jr.. I pray this be the dead end for Dale..

About the second wife and her death: her family has said that they are suspicious about what happened and that they don't think the whole story came out.

I know it's said that DS was in military jail at the time. Could he have had leave of absence because his time was nearing its end?

Don't know how the military prison in the States work, bear with me.

I have been refraining from posting because I'm waiting to get verified so I'm not sure what I can say but since it's all out now DS was in confinement while all this happened with Shannon. He was confined before during and after his court martial. He was sentenced to confinement for two years, he was able to go to the funeral supervised. It was not possible to get a pass to leave or anything. Shannon was living with SR but it happened at a friends house where him or his dad were not. There was an investigation and it was found to caused by a fall in the bathroom because of the od. The Smith's did not kill this poor woman and it was an accident due to poor choices bein made .. Doing drugs.. In MY OPINION the family may be suspicious because they don't want to admit that their daughter was doing drugs.

Yes Dale has a violent past that is a fact but the media has gotten so much wrong in this case you can't seem to make a fair judgement. IMO! Just like the post he made about her dying during the twins birth when it was a comment to Star Wars. We don't know all that was said during the argument that lead to her trying to get the restraining order and we don't know IF the story is a bit embellished to make an impact. Now before I get any comments saying I'm blaming the victim because I AM NOT! But as I've said before its a terrible thing that this woman is missing possibly dead. No family should have to go through this type of situation but there were two people in this relationship and neither is perfect. With that being said after she tried to get the restraining order she then still went back and AGREED to MARRY him. Seeing as Michelle has known when to get out of a relationship and this is only an assumption because of her divorce with a child then she can't use the excuse of staying for the kids. SPARKY if I'm wrong then let me know. I'm just putting my opinions out there.

Also regarding the last text speaking from personal experience being an iPhone owner but mine has a lock. Nobody not even my husband has my passcode not sure if this is true for her phone just throwing it out there to be thought about..

Regarding the anger of his father I've never personally spent any amount of time with him but what I'm guessing is if it were me I would be angry too. The people getting in your business and in your face is terrible! They are relentless and yes it's their job but I can't imagine being in their situation 100% innocent and be pleasant. Didn't George Anthony flip out on the media too?

It's hard for me for personal reasons I feel he is not guilty but if it comes out that he did it and is found guilty I'll accept it but right now I'm on the side of the kids. They need their mother but they also need their father so if he's found guilty of this then it's the kids who lose. This man can be a bad example for a person but in my opinion he's trying to turn his past around become a better person and a good father for his children.

hon3by33, I hope he is not responsible for the childrens sake. Sadly, people don't change their true colours overnight. If his violent past is a reflection of the person he is today, it doesn't look very good.

I'm hoping he did try to turn his life around before all this happened and he is a better person and a good father. I'll try to give him the benefit of the doubt but being named a Prime suspect does change my perception.

Before he was named a suspect, I also defended his hobby and blew it off as nonsense but as more information comes to light about his violent past, I get an uneasy feeling. It sounds like he has a very short fuse and is prone to snap and that concerns me.

I have been refraining from posting because I'm waiting to get verified so I'm not sure what I can say but since it's all out now DS was in confinement while all this happened with Shannon. He was confined before during and after his court martial. He was sentenced to confinement for two years, he was able to go to the funeral supervised. It was not possible to get a pass to leave or anything. Shannon was living with SR but it happened at a friends house where him or his dad were not. There was an investigation and it was found to caused by a fall in the bathroom because of the od. The Smith's did not kill this poor woman and it was an accident due to poor choices bein made .. Doing drugs.. In MY OPINION the family may be suspicious because they don't want to admit that their daughter was doing drugs.

Yes Dale has a violent past that is a fact but the media has gotten so much wrong in this case you can't seem to make a fair judgement. IMO! Just like the post he made about her dying during the twins birth when it was a comment to Star Wars. We don't know all that was said during the argument that lead to her trying to get the restraining order and we don't know IF the story is a bit embellished to make an impact. Now before I get any comments saying I'm blaming the victim because I AM NOT! But as I've said before its a terrible thing that this woman is missing possibly dead. No family should have to go through this type of situation but there were two people in this relationship and neither is perfect. With that being said after she tried to get the restraining order she then still went back and AGREED to MARRY him. Seeing as Michelle has known when to get out of a relationship and this is only an assumption because of her divorce with a child then she can't use the excuse of staying for the kids. SPARKY if I'm wrong then let me know. I'm just putting my opinions out there.

Also regarding the last text speaking from personal experience being an iPhone owner but mine has a lock. Nobody not even my husband has my passcode not sure if this is true for her phone just throwing it out there to be thought about..

Regarding the anger of his father I've never personally spent any amount of time with him but what I'm guessing is if it were me I would be angry too. The people getting in your business and in your face is terrible! They are relentless and yes it's their job but I can't imagine being in their situation 100% innocent and be pleasant. Didn't George Anthony flip out on the media too?

It's hard for me for personal reasons I feel he is not guilty but if it comes out that he did it and is found guilty I'll accept it but right now I'm on the side of the kids. They need their mother but they also need their father so if he's found guilty of this then it's the kids who lose. This man can be a bad example for a person but in my opinion he's trying to turn his past around become a better person and a good father for his children.

Thank you for your insight.

I agree people don't change over night and I'm not trying to change anyone's personal opinion of him but thank you for trying to see my side :) He can't change his past and ultimately it doesn't matter what we think cuz we are not a court of law. With him being named prime suspect and his past it DOES look bad there is no denying it and I feel you never really know anyone. I've been proved that a couple times! But right now all the media is going to put out all the bad stuff if he saved a cat from a tree nobody is going to print that cuz its not going to sell or catch your attention. Then if someone does step out publically and say he is a good person that friend will catch crap from different Internet sites like this and I'm NOT saying you guys cuz I havent gotten it but it does happen with a big media case like this. Like for example the "hot body" contest everyone talked $hit about it but he did it mainly to raise money for families that don't have much for Christmas and I'm sure a small percentage for attention that is very normal. Now a few years later when he is the prime suspect in a missing persons case it's looked at terribly and he is ridiculed for it. But if he wasn't trying to change then why didn't he beat the crap out of Michelle earlier? Why did he smash his camera instead of her head? In my opinion it shows me he's trying to change. Some people do have explosive personalities but it's how you manage it is what matters. I work with a guy who blows up over stupid and little stuff to the point where he hit the keys off a work keyboard at work
does that make him a monster?

Snipped and BBM

IIRC, he was only married for about two months before the accident and her passing. So if he was confined before, during, and after his courts martial, when did they marry? Or am I missing something? TIA

Snipped and BBM

IIRC, he was only married for about two months before the accident and her passing. So if he was confined before, during, and after his courts martial, when did they marry? Or am I missing something? TIA

Honestly I'm not sure of the date, I'm not able to go into specifics because our connection has not been verified yet by this site. But what I can say that will hopefully clear this up is a general statement about a court martial. When charges are preferred (pressed) they still have to set a date for the court martial just like in civilian courts. In that time depending on charges, severity that sort of thing some soldiers are able to roam free, confined to barracks or put into a jail. In his case once the charges were preferred he was in confinement and not able to leave until after the court martial and time served. Does that help or am I just not understanding what u are asking?

ETA : Reread and now I understand please forgive me... work gets in the way of "sleuthing"! ;) They were married for about or almost a year before she died. I'm still unable to tell you the exact date.

I agree people don't change over night and I'm not trying to change anyone's personal opinion of him but thank you for trying to see my side :) He can't change his past and ultimately it doesn't matter what we think cuz we are not a court of law. With him being named prime suspect and his past it DOES look bad there is no denying it and I feel you never really know anyone. I've been proved that a couple times! But right now all the media is going to put out all the bad stuff if he saved a cat from a tree nobody is going to print that cuz its not going to sell or catch your attention. Then if someone does step out publically and say he is a good person that friend will catch crap from different Internet sites like this and I'm NOT saying you guys cuz I havent gotten it but it does happen with a big media case like this. Like for example the "hot body" contest everyone talked $hit about it but he did it mainly to raise money for families that don't have much for Christmas and I'm sure a small percentage for attention that is very normal. Now a few years later when he is the prime suspect in a missing persons case it's looked at terribly and he is ridiculed for it. But if he wasn't trying to change then why didn't he beat the crap out of Michelle earlier? Why did he smash his camera instead of her head? In my opinion it shows me he's trying to change. Some people do have explosive personalities but it's how you manage it is what matters. I work with a guy who blows up over stupid and little stuff to the point where he hit the keys off a work keyboard at work
does that make him a monster?

The good news for Dale is he has one of the best and well respected defense attorneys. I think Mark NeJame will do an excellent job representing him.

Michelle's mom and sister to be on the Today show this morning...

Honestly I'm not sure of the date, I'm not able to go into specifics because our connection has not been verified yet by this site. But what I can say that will hopefully clear this up is a general statement about a court martial. When charges are preferred (pressed) they still have to set a date for the court martial just like in civilian courts. In that time depending on charges, severity that sort of thing some soldiers are able to roam free, confined to barracks or put into a jail. In his case once the charges were preferred he was in confinement and not able to leave until after the court martial and time served. Does that help or am I just not understanding what u are asking?

I guess I'm just trying to figure out how it all ties together. I know the date of marriage was posted somewhere in a thread, but I can't recall if the date he started his confinement was ever mentioned. Which one happened first?

You stated that he was confined before, during, and after his court martial (or something to that effect). So did he get married, assault his wife, get confined, then she died, all within a two month period?

I'm asking because I want to see if there's a way to completely rule him out as being involved. For example- If she died within days of his confinement, could it have been as a result of the earlier assault from him (I'm thinking along the lines of head into railing----> brain slowly swelling and bleeding, resulting in death)? Or could he have been mad that he was confined because of her, and enlisted the help of someone to seek revenge on her (drugging her, then causing injury to her)?

That's why I wanted to know the dates, to see how closely everything occurred and whether or not he could have had anything to do with it, directly or indirectly.

ETA : Reread and now I understand please forgive me... work gets in the way of "sleuthing"! ;) They were married for about or almost a year before she died. I'm still unable to tell you the exact date.

Please see my ETA above.

Are you sure about that? I've seen posted from the county records that he was divorced Jan 2001, married Shannon Feb 2001 and Shannon died April 2001. Are those dates incorrect?

and I suppose that she kept quiet so she wouldn't get her teeth knocked out when she go home? Silence would have been golden, even better a word about the missing. One day when and if the children (all 3 of them) look back at this,,, oh never mind.....

Who is "she"? I didn't mention a female in my post, only wrote about how Dale Sr., is seen now and how he is being portrayed in the media and the public.

The children have a heck of a lot more to see as they get older because what is written all over the place and what is aired is there forever.

I certainly wouldn't assume that Dale Sr., is the type that would go home and "knock out the teeth" of "she" because "she" spoke in public.

Dale, Sr. is who he is, and handled the media to the best of his ability, of which, doesn't meet the standard of the general public. Perhaps if the media wasn't so rude and obnoxious, they might have been able to speak to Dale,Sr. rather then rushing him and indicating Michelle may have been found dead in a lake. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper