FL FL - Newberry, Skeletal Remains found in Septic Tank, Aug'17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A quick search and found quite a few septic tank murders. All seem to be female, maybe because they are smaller and easier to fit in the tank?
Just horrible, insult to injury. It must make for particularly unpleasant working environment for LE.
imo, speculation.
This makes me wonder how many septic tanks out there have skeletons in them. They are just like manholes in that they can go decades without being checked. And what happens when a rural community gets municipal sewer lines? Are the obsolete septic tanks just filled in or abandoned without being checked? There may be hundreds of undiscovered skeletons in septic tanks nation wide.

This makes me wonder how many septic tanks out there have skeletons in them. They are just like manholes in that they can go decades without being checked. And what happens when a rural community gets municipal sewer lines? Are the obsolete septic tanks just filled in or abandoned without being checked? There may be hundreds of undiscovered skeletons in septic tanks nation wide.

A similar case in Alberta, Canada involving a UID found on an abandoned property dubbed 'Septic Tank Sam' who has been unidentified since 1977 http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1046umab.html. "Sam's" Thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?52961-Canada-Tofield-AB-Septic-Tank-Sam-Ntv-WhtMale-1046UMAB-25-30-Apr-77 .

my money is on a previous owner of the property being the perp. If you look at the house on google earth it looks like you have to go down a dirt road just to reach the property (Approx 350ft).

Looking at this picture you can see the tank's inspection pipe is only about a foot away from the house and is also in plain view of a window, it's not like it's hidden out of sight at the back of the yard. I doubt a stranger would risk making so much noise opening the manhole and getting caught dumping the body in the night for example.
attachment.php

Attachments

• tank.png
    tank.png
    709.5 KB · Views: 372
I just came across this and reminded me of this thread
http://www.rgvproud.com/news/local-...eletal-remains-found-in-septic-tank/818972358

ModNote :eek:fftopic:

HIDALGO COUNTY, Texas - The remains found in a septic tank on July 26, 2017 have been identified. Through DNA comparisons, sheriff’s investigators have positively identified the skeletal remains as that of Leona Johnson who was believe to be in her early 20's when she was murdered.
An autopsy performed on the skeletal remains provided the cause of death as being homicide by stabbing with a sharp object. The property where the remains were found, belongs to 40-year-old Aristeo Cervantes Jr.
An arrest warrant was issued for Cervantes for Murder (1st Degree Felony). The sheriff’s office continues to work with the Hidalgo County District Attorney’s office to make arrangements to charge Cervantes. Cervantes is currently in the custody of the TDCJ prison system on prior criminal charges.
During questioning, Cervantes confessed to murdering a female and placing her body in the septic tank of his home about 10-12 years ago.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article175823211.html
Guerra told KRGV that Cervantes could have gotten away with murder, but that putting the remains in his septic tank always risked them being found.

“You know eventually septic tanks have to be serviced,” Guerra said. “Things do have to be serviced, so I'm sure that he had that in the back of his mind, all this time, that it's just a matter of when that tank was going to get serviced that he would be discovered. But if they had abandoned the house he could have easily gotten away with murder.
”

Wasn't the original story from Florida and Leona Johnson found in Texas septic tank? Two cases? Any connections?

Yes, this isn't our UID, this is the other one found on the same day. See my post #41 upthread. I don't think we ever started a separate thread for her.

Sorry I wasn't clearer.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine