FL FL - Reny Jose, 21, Panama City Beach, 3 March 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This story makes me sad. Shades of Lauren. Sure, the "friends" could know more, but it is entirely plausible that stress+drugs made an unfortunate situation happen here. On LSD, taking your clothes off, putting them in a trash can, and going swimming is not out of the question and may have even seemed to make sense at the time. I feel bad for LE too. Imagine 20 youngsters who have all been using drugs trying to give you a cohesive timeline while being afraid they will be arrested (for drug use at the very least) and their parents getting involved as well. What a disaster to try to sort out while his family misses him :( I can't even say what I think happened. I think the drug use leading to drowning or death some other way is very possible. It is also possible they need to look a bit closer at some of those "friends."

People do not just disappear. When swimming in the ocean, one can become quite disoriented with directions, especially if being stung by jellyfish. Land appears to be closer than it actually is. I just think if Reny went swimming, then Reny's remains would have washed ashore.

From Find Reny Jose FB:

"It has been FOUR whole months since Reny's disappearance and we still only know what we knew 4 months ago. There is now a $20,000 reward through Crime Stoppers Anonymous Tip Line (details to follow). To those of you who know what happened that night and have any clues to his whereabouts, we urge you to do the right thing. If we were assigning blame, we could have released names months ago. But, we have not. Do the right thing...."

The weather report was surprising to me. The high temp for Mar 3 was 73*. It remained cloudy, overcast and foggy except for the hours of 7:00pm - 9:00pm when skies were clear. The moon was waxing crescent.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

:bump:

#FindReny

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has to be such a nightmare for Reny's family. He had so much going for him! I hope none of his roommates are responsible in anyway. As for them not reporting him missing sooner...remember that Natalee Holloway's friends didn't report her missing until the next morning after watching her get into a car with a stranger.

Reny Jose

I was so hoping somebody may have discovered something, a new lead, a different clue, something that sparked a memory over crowded PCB during the July 4th Holiday weekend.

This case pulls at the heart. I have communicated with members of his family via Facebook. They are totally devastated. I have exhausted the advice I have. Does anyone know the best way to get cops to provide more information to families? The cops think he drowned; so, they aren't really doing much more on the case. Also, I think a support group for family members could help. If you have good links for some organizations, please send me a PM. Thanks!

They didn't mention Pamela Biggers either....

Looks like this is may be male remains. The man who discovered it says he came across a man's shoe, about 11 or 12 in size...Michael Lane maybe?

Classito

For those unfamiliar with Florida's homeless problem, it is relatively common for bodies to turn up in vacant wooded lots. Sometimes, people just die in their sleep. This location appears to be more than five miles from where Reny was last seen. It might even be 10 miles away. But I'm not going to say that it couldn't be him. Anything is possible. There is a lot of recent activity on the Facebook page for Reny. The person running the site has made several comments about things. You can go there to read the stuff. One comment was of interest to me because it reiterated something I said weeks ago. Essentially, the bodies of drowning victims are usually recovered.

Freedom of Information Act can help you get reports. If it is an active case, I don't know how much, if any, they will release. I have done this and got reports, but the cases were closed.

Re the latest body found, I know the relatives of every one of these missing people on the list below are both hoping and dreading that the latest discovery could be their loved one. I do so hope one family on the list finds some closure and peace.

The following are open cases of missing people registered with the Bay County Sheriff’s Office and Panama City Beach Police:

Douglas Williams, 52 – missing since 7/5/2014
Reny Jose, 21 – missing since 3/3/2014
Valerie Lopez, 16 – missing since 1/14/2014
Bradley Pierson, 30 – missing since 10/30/2013
Emily Paul, 14 – missing since 4/13/2013
Vanessa Brown – missing since 2010
Cambren Hoyt – missing since 2009
Pamela Biggers – missing since 1/28/2008
Shanaman Anderson - missing since 5/8/2005
Elizabeth Prescott – missing since 2004
Atlanta Clark - missing in the late 70's to mid 80's.
Pamela Ray – missing since 1992
Michael Lane – missing since 2010

http://www.wmbb.com/story/26156305/more-than-a-dozen-unsolved-missing-persons-cases-in-bay-county

Oh that's so sad. :tears: A missing son's life away at college delivered to his parents in a shrink wrapped package. It seems so final.

And I'm sure the school charged the family the whole tuition rate...

Dental samples collected from the skeleton positively matched the military dental records of Lane.

He was officially reported as a missing and endangered person to the U.S. Department of Justice database in December 2010. He was 48 at the time he was reported missing by his girlfriend, Fani Biton, in June of that year. She claimed he left the residence earlier in the week, heading toward the Panama City Rescue Mission. Lane was a Navy special ops, Iraq War veteran & his brother thinks he was murdered.

http://www.newsherald.com/news/crime-public-safety/dental-records-confirm-identity-1.353787

Reny, what happened to you? Did someone hurt you? Did you go for a swim in the ocean? Help us find you!

Praying LE will get the "smoking gun" lead very soon.

[h=1]Missing in America: Reny Jose[/h]
reny_template_02da1176ca0b2f7a37d15cf7dbe67206.nbcnews-ux-800-440.jpg

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america-unsolved/missing-america-reny-jose-n261791

Why didn't his FRIEND follow him and make sure he didn't harm himself!

If some or all of the people at the beach house were also doing LSD or other highly dangerous drugs (bath salts, synthetic marijuana, or drinking to the point of blacking out/passing out) and they did not have a safe person (sober, watching them to make sure they don't hurt themselves, or go drown in the ocean) then he was dead before the LSD ever hit his system. Back in the old days, there were rules, guidelines for these things that were generally known and the strength of drugs was so much lower. Now we have the "No rules, Just Right" generation and we are losing them at a higher rate than ever. It is so sad and senseless. And I think it is fair to ask ourselves,"Why does this generation, more than most, feel the need to change the way they feel so drastically?" We are losing some of the best and brightest, so being smart and educated has nothing to do with it.

What Ever Happened to Reny Jose
http://www.wjhg.com/news/newschannel7today/headlines/What-Ever-Happened-294688121.html
Video report at link.

PANAMA CITY BEACH--- On March 3rd, a 22-year-old Rice University student named Reny Jose went missing while on vacation in Panama City Beach.

Jose and about 20 friends traveled down to the Gulf Coast for spring break in 2014, but he went missing a day later. He only left behind a cell phone, a wallet, and his clothes in a trashcan by his rental unit.

His family came down from Albany, New York, just a few days later to help local law enforcement search for the body, but a year later the case remains cold.

NewsChannel 7's Sanika Dange looks back at the mysterious disappearance that captured national attention.

Hands of Hope for Reny Jose
https://www.facebook.com/handsofhoperenyjose

FIND RENY JOSE
https://www.facebook.com/whereisreny

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members