FL FL - Rose Marie Gayhart, 23, Cape Coral, 14 Mar 1985

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RR0004-I agree, according to what we're looking at first Dorothy is saying she kicked them out of the trailer just prior to Rose being last seen, days before she offered her the ticket. Then you have Bobby referring to an apt & that she lived there on & off. You can also see that the apt address is not the same as the return address that Rose used on her letter to Laurie.

Rose's belongings were given to FL LE by Bobby rather than "found" by them according to the report. It states they were in a metal box & her clothes in a paper bag, sounds like that was how Bobby delivered them-but who packages them up-him, his mother?

Ok so to be clear-he moved to NY & married another woman named Rose? Then they divorced & he moved to Dansville-correct?

What year did he leave FL?

Laurie & I are working in this offline.

Bobby had 2 wives after Rose disappeared. One was named Linda & he was divorced from her but they had 3 children. He then married another woman-Rose (not Rose Gayhart). I'm not sure what happened there, getting that info from Laurie still.

I'm pretty positive Laurie had something at one point that gave a date that Bobby left FL to NY & it wasn't too long after Rose disappeared. Once we have valid information it will be posted, but we want to make sure it's accurate.

Ok to clarify-first I updated my last post.
Dorothy passed in 2002 in N Ft Myers.

Now as for Bobby we have information that places him back in NY in Dansville where Rose grew up in May of 1985. He stayed in that local area (Rochester suburbs, NY) since. He has spent winters in FL but I haven't seen anything specific to to say what years, starting when or for how long.

So what address is the one that Rose gave to Howie's? Is that the apartment that she and Bob shared or is that a different address that has no connection to Bob or Dorothy? My question is - had Rose actually gone out on her own just before she disappeared? Had she and Bob actually split up? If it was a different address, has it been looked into who else lived there? Who was on the utility bill? Was that the address of the guy with the red pick-up?

From what I'm seeing on the report TripleA the address given by Rose to Howies on 3/19 (on page 2 of the police report)matches what Bobby gives as the apt address (on page 4).

Has Bobby ever offered Rose's family any explanation? Seems to me he's the one who could have provided most of the much needed information.
Did the folks at the bar confirm that Rose was there and that Bobby's mom actually came by? This seems like something LE could have easily checked.

I am going to start a rough draft. If there is something you want to add please feel free to copy/paste and add to it so that we don't lose what is started. If you think something should be corrected, please feel free to say so!

3.5.85 Rose writes a letter to her sister from 54 Barron Way NE N Fort Myers FL 33903
3.12.85 or 3.13.85 (Per Dorothy Rittenhouse) Rose is kicked out of the trailor. Fight is heard by Usola Conley.
3.14.85 Rose makes contact with her family over the telephone
3.17.85 Ticket is purchased by Bobby's mother Dorothy
3.19.85 Rose gives address at Big Howies of 1310 SE 40 Terr Cape Coral for employment
3.21.85 Rose leaves work on day 3, picked up by a white male in a Red pickup. Seen by Howard Graupe, owner of Big Howies.
5.22.85 Livingston County Sheriff Office in NY calls FL LE in Cape Coral to locate Rose
5.XX.85 Bobby has ties to NY
1.16.89 Cape Coral LE writes out the report of the events that took place 4 YEARS prior.
3.xx.89 LCSO makes contact with Stadelman in Lee County & is unhappy with progress
5.xx.89 LCSO makes contact with Glades County
9.xx.89 LCSO receives reports on Rose's case from FL & has some contact from Lee County.
2002- Dorothy Rittenhouse passed away

I would also like to work on a list to be sent to LCSO to see what we could work out in regards to additional info they may me willing to answer. (Or if Laurie can help with them as well)
As with the timeline please feel free to add by copy/pasting and putting in your piece so we save what we start. :)

1) What if anything did Rose say in her call to her family on 3/14 about the argument in the trailor on 3/12 or 3/13 when she was kicked out? I would think if she was pregnant may have kept that to herself if she wasn't sure what she was going to do, but if she had a huge fight with Bobby & his mother she likely may have mentioned it.

2) Did anyone other than Howard Graupe see Rose get into the Red Pickup?

3) If there are ties to Bobby in NY in 5/89 when was he questioned by investigators in FL in May? How long after he was questioned did he leave for NY & why?

4) Dorothy Rittenhouse claimed to see Rose in Jim's bar on Sunday with 3 guys. Did anyone else see Rose or Dorothy in the bar that day?

5) Did LE figure out who the 3 men were from #4 & talk to them? If so, do they own a red pickup or know someone that does?

6) Why did Dorothy want Rose to return to NY? Wasn't it enough that Rose left the trailer?

7) In Dorothy's letter she states that she called Dorothy Gayhart? Was that call received & what was said?

8) Dorothy Rittenhouse mentions the "Grill in Don's" as a place Rose frequented. Was she ever seen there?

9) Why did Dorothy Rittenhouse feel it was necessary to call the sheriff on Rose? This is stated in her letter, yet the report states she went to the substation. Which one is correct & is there a record?

10) Bobby references Rose doing drugs- did anyone else see this? Did anyone else see her drinking or know that she was pregnant?

11) Bobby states that Rose didn't live with him at the apt. Yet Rose used it to apply to Big Howies. Where was Rose staying for over a week then? Where would she normally stay when they were "off" & with who?

12) If Rose wasn't staying at the apt how did her things get there?

13) Who were Rose's friends at the time?

14) Did anyone visit the clinic? Get her medical records?

15) What was the content of the call to Bobby from the FBI agent? Seems odd that CC would leave this out of their notes.

16) CC states in their notes that Bobby placed additional calls to the Investigator. What were the calls for? Why isn't there any detail on this in the report?

For anyone that has been here on WS for awhile I am going to add more tags to the bottom of Rose's forum to help bring others in. Please feel free to add some as well. Thank you all for stopping by and for any help you can give!:loveyou:

Does anyone have any input on the timeline & question list?

I don't have anything to add on the timeline but I just have to say that the girl I see in the letter written by Rose is NOT the girl I see described by DR. They just don't mesh. In Rose's letter she seems to dote on Bobby, and seems to be dependent on him but in DR's note Rose is basically described as a floozy who is going out on Bobby. DR seems to try too hard to ruin Rose's name and make her seem like trash. Either Rose was a really good faker or DR is a really bad liar.

I want to know if the grounds around the camper, apartment and DR's house were searched? Ground penetrating radar?

You are so right TripleA, I agree 100%. She seemed to me as if she was also trying to hard to play cya. I don't get why she would feel the police needed to know she offered a ticket to Rose before anything happened to her?

I don't have anything to add on the timeline but I just have to say that the girl I see in the letter written by Rose is NOT the girl I see described by DR. They just don't mesh. In Rose's letter she seems to dote on Bobby, and seems to be dependent on him but in DR's note Rose is basically described as a floozy who is going out on Bobby. DR seems to try too hard to ruin Rose's name and make her seem like trash. Either Rose was a really good faker or DR is a really bad liar.

I want to know if the grounds around the camper, apartment and DR's house were searched? Ground penetrating radar?
WOW...crazy...the whole search thing is not right anyways...there was not a proper search as far as I am concerned.

New to case, but several questions:
1) Why is Livingstone Co, NY investigating and not Lee County, FL? Did Florida drop the ball (wouldn't be surprised)?
2) I saw in one place that she was last in the company of her boyfriend Bob, but in another place that she was last seen getting into a pickup truck with an unidentified male at the restaurant where she worked.
3) Her "belongings" found behind the Cape Coral Police Dept. seemed strange. All her belongings? Do we have a list of what was there, and how it was found?
4) WHO reported her missing? Her family in NY? Her boyfriend Bob? Her employer?

New to case, but several questions:
1) Why is Livingstone Co, NY investigating and not Lee County, FL? Did Florida drop the ball (wouldn't be surprised)?
2) I saw in one place that she was last in the company of her boyfriend Bob, but in another place that she was last seen getting into a pickup truck with an unidentified male at the restaurant where she worked.
3) Her "belongings" found behind the Cape Coral Police Dept. seemed strange. All her belongings? Do we have a list of what was there, and how it was found?
4) WHO reported her missing? Her family in NY? Her boyfriend Bob? Her employer?

Abigail, thank you for joining us here on Rose's Forum. I will try and answer your questions the best that I can.
1) LCSO is who the missing report was given to. If you read their case notes you can see that their dept is the only one that was pushing any investigation of Rose's disappearce. Cape Coral (where Rose disappeared from) was called by LCSO & other jurisdictions contacted by them. In addition you will see they threatened to call in the Rochester FBI- and it appears a call went into them as well. It is for Rose's best interest that the case stay in NY otherwise IMO it would be at a stand still.
2)Can you show me where you see she was last seen with Bob? I may have missed that. I have only ever seen that she was last seen at Big Howies leaving in the red pickup.
3)There is a list up thread that was created of the belongings sent from CCPD to LCSO of Rose's belongings. I could be wrong but my assumption is that it was taken into custody when CCPD when to see Bobby at his apartment as there is a statement by Bobby about how odd it is that she would leave her things behind. THIS COULD BE INCORRECT.
4) In the reports from CCPD they state that Rose's family reported her missing to LCSO in May of 1985.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz
Back