FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we need to put together a time line of the landfills and all.

I think they found her tuesday and then looked for reactions on wednesday

On tuesday they even said in the morning they where not going to have the organized searches.. they seemed to already know

Ccane, You've dropped a bombshell, at least on me. (And I don't feel so bad, because Sadnpod said she didn't know this, either.)
Thanks! Makes all those pages and pages I read today finally pay off.
Wow. Now THAT's news! At least, to me.
Did they give a reason? If so, how on earth did they spin this one?
Good night, everyone. Time for me to punch the the snooze button. My eyelids are squinting.
Maybe tomorrow...

I think they found her tuesday and then looked for reactions on wednesday

On tuesday they even said in the morning they where not going to have the organized searches.. they seemed to already know

Thank you Cane!

Think about it. They want us to believe they found her on Wed. in the middle of a semi truck load of trash.
A trash truck goes on his route and picks up from several dumpsters. It goes to Rosemary Hill which is also a reclycling center. There are facilities there to sort it correct? Yet, LE does not say they found her by doing what would seem logical. They tell you they dumped this truck along with the contents of other trash trucks until they had a semi load, right? Then they decide to search through it? Once it's all good and mixed up. What good would it have done them see what she was found buried around and under supposedly, when the stuff could by that time have come from several different places??

Yet, we have been told they now know the dumpster, by the contents surrounding her ( fresh evidence remember, poster?), and the truck and the driver, but are not disclosing this. They could not know any of this by searching through a dumped pile of garbage from a semi. They could only know this if they found her before she went to Rosemary Hill. So I do not believe that Chesser Island is where or when she was found.

I also read the article that stated the organized volunteer search that was scheduled for Tuesday 7:30 am, at the school was CANCELLED. This reinforced my belief.

ETA
To some this may be me repeating myself over and over, to others maybe they get what I am saying (at last) I think a timeline on the landfill is a good idea who's time has come.

Thank you Cane!

I also read the article that stated the organized volunteer search that was scheduled for Tuesday 7:30 am, at the school was CANCELLED. This reinforced my belief.
I was part of that search on Tuesday....actually, Tuesday they did not even have volunteer searches...yet.....all they wanted us to do was to hand out fliers any and everywhere....Wed they called in TM....for organized volunteer searches...Wed night they said they found her....TM stated Wed night that he was asked to stick around to help find evidence...but he left that evening I think......or the next morning...

I remember watching a video ,for positive, where it was stated that the volunteer searches were canceled. But I didn't pay attention to the day. It was here in the last couple of days that I read it as a new post of a video ( not that it necessarily was a new video, just someone posted it here in the last couple of days of posting.

All I know is when I heard it, I said, "Huh?" That has never happened where I live; that searches are called off before a child is found, and this was definitely before she was found.

I get the garbage thing now.

I was thinking about the ambulance at the landfill. My son played football here in high school and there was always an ambulance on the field during games (so heartwarming for a mother). Landfills are dangerous places, so maybe the ambulance was sitting there in case something happened to an LE.

They did not have any organized volunteer searches until TM came in....he was called I think Tues night, and came in Wed morning, at least his team, he did not get there til the afternoon as I spoke with him as soon as he arrived there.....they were asking everyone to search their yards, etc on Tuesday morning....we were all told to stay out of the woods....this is when I saw "Stick man" in the woods....we just walked the streets on Tues and passed out fliers....Wed morning we met with TES for volunteer searches....I guess the key words here are "organized volunteer searches"....Headquarters was set up initially at the OP high school on Monday evening...Tuesday morning it was moved to OPAA on Gano across from the burnt home....this is when the navy was brought in and TES was called to come on Wed morning.....all of this I know for fact....as for the article stating searches were called off on Tues....I do not think they were correct...MO

as for the ambulance, that is a good point human.....plus....I do not think that they take the deceased in an ambulance.....

they hadn't even started any organized volunteer searches til Wed.....maybe what was said on Tues....was that they were not STARTING any organized volunteer searches yet, instead of them being canceled.....kwim?? I remember hearing that they were not asking for volunteers to search until they could take the dogs through all of the woods in the area....

Maybe building is not the right word.

The garbage at the GA Landfill is emptied onto slabs (is that what I should say? I was picturing a building for some reason with a cement floor!)

Going to search Sad's posts.

I am so heavy hearted to report again I got the door shut in my face. I called Rosemary Hill Landfill and told by worker she could not talk to anyone as per LE.. asked me if I wanted to talk to a deputy there and I said yes and he told her to tell me any information I want or anything to give them I was to call the sheriff's office. LE told them to keep their mouths shut is her words. I am sure LE would of said it nicer but never know. All she knows is everyone in the company was told to keep their mouths shut..

Dang... I must not use the right mouth wash or tone of voice or breath mints. I can't get any information verified... :waitasec:

they hadn't even started any organized volunteer searches til Wed.....maybe what was said on Tues....was that they were not STARTING any organized volunteer searches yet, instead of them being canceled.....kwim?? I remember hearing that they were not asking for volunteers to search until they could take the dogs through all of the woods in the area....

Cam, I remember seeing a video with TM as soon as he got there and he stated he wasn't need after all but sheriff asked him to stay on and help check houses. So I don't know.. he might have tried to sugar coat it.. kwim

Cam, I remember seeing a video with TM as soon as he got there and he stated he wasn't need after all but sheriff asked him to stay on and help check houses. So I don't know.. he might have tried to sugar coat it.. kwim
right! TM himself did not arrive until the afternoon on Wed.....his team however was there Wed morning doing organized volunteer searches including the navy, and lots of them.....after TM arrived, he was prob there for about an hour or so, this is when the announcement was made where he stated that he was not needed, but would stay around to search for other evidence....what I am trying to say is that there were not even organized volunteer searches set up UNTIL wed morning.....I asked over and over on Tues to help search and was told no....they just needed fliers passed out, so we did this, they wanted everyone to stay out of the woods so LE could do the searching....

all I am trying to say here is that I do not think that she was found on Tuesday, because I do not think that LE would have called in TES and the Navy(at least 500 of them) to come do organized volunteer searches on Wed, if that were the case....does that make any sense?? I feel like I am not explaining what I want to say in the right words, and I feel like I keep repeating myself....I do not mean to do this, am only trying to get my point across about the "organized volunteer searches"....gotta get ready for work now...will check back later....blessings

Someone posted a thread or two back a US Department of Justice report and erroneously came to the conclusion that it was more likely that a stranger was the perp (statistically) than someone known to the victim. That is absolutely NOT the case - especially for someone 7 years old. For victims aged 6-11, nearly 86% of the offenders are known to the victim (41% parent/step parent, 15% other family member, 30% acquaintance, 14% stranger). The younger the victim, the more likely the offender was a family member or acquaintance and in this case the age is on the lower end of the range. For ages under 6, 97% of offenders are determined to be family or acquaintances. This is based on data collected from 1980 to 2006 on over 52,000 juvenile homicides.

This doesn't necessarily help solve this particular case, but explains why family/acquaintances should be looked at seriously in cases such as this.

Hi everyone.
I have my own theory on this. Might be way off but here it is. Maybe Somer did get home before the other kids and she caught SP doing something he didn't want anyone to know about. Especially DT. He panicked and something happened.

all I am trying to say here is that I do not think that she was found on Tuesday, because I do not think that LE would have called in TES and the Navy(at least 500 of them) to come do organized volunteer searches on Wed, if that were the case....does that make any sense?? I feel like I am not explaining what I want to say in the right words, and I feel like I keep repeating myself....I do not mean to do this, am only trying to get my point across about the "organized volunteer searches"....gotta get ready for work now...will check back later....blessings

I wonder if all the calls made to TM and the navy were very early morning hours before the trash truck following. I could see that. And everyone had started showing up even from calls the night before maybe to TES and navy. Sheriff said round the clock working on. Once the wheels start rolling probably takes a while to get them to stop if searchers are on the road etc..

That is the only thing I can think of. If the light bulb went off at 7 am tues from a Le following a garbage truck then at least by 8 or so till got moving on it could of found her anytime that morning. would just take a call to the garbage companies not to compact and where to dump etc..
just a thought but what do I know.

I am not saying that it isn't a family member or friend.

I am just asking about the mechanics. When a person dies, their muscles relax so bodily fluids and solids come out. So how could they hide that? Not in the house, not in a car.

I'm sure the family cars were searched right away ,and they would notice a wet spot, at least, if something had tried to be cleaned up.

Then where could they hide her in hours that were still daylight? If she were killed in such a way that there was no blood, still, she had to be hidden somwhere.

I noticed on the way to work that since it's garbage day, some people had extra trash out in white garbage bags. You can see stuff through them. Not specifics, but you can see.

Someone mentioned leaf bags. We aren't allowed to put leaves in the trash where I live, so I don't know how strong they are. Are they strong enough? They are usually dark, are they not, and somtehing many people might have on hand at home.

But, I would like some theories on how any person in Somer's home could have taken her away without detection.

And before people start flaming on how dare I say that anyone in the family or friends could be involved, I think some theories should be put out there on if it is possible and how it could be done.

Thanks.

Hi everyone.
I have my own theory on this. Might be way off but here it is. Maybe Somer did get home before the other kids and she caught SP doing something he didn't want anyone to know about. Especially DT. He panicked and something happened.

I have stated this before. But I could be oh so very wrong.. I don't think Somer made it home first. I will never believe this. Somer was an inside person by her mother. She didn't like to go outside and play her mother said. So I figure she didn't like to exercise to much either. I didn't at that age. what I am getting at is I can't see Somer running a mile carrying a book bag tote. She is just to young and not in condition to run the mile home to beat others. even a short cut I don't see it. no way no how. at 7 short cuts scared me . but maybe I was a chicken..

Why would her siblings lose sight of her? why woudln't they see her cross the road if they were looking at her at the time.

why didn't the cross guard notice anything ? It is a straight shot if you look on google maps at street view. even down debarry you can see as far as your eyes can see.

Hi MommaD. I don't know how to clip and paste on here but you could be right also. Those were just my little thoughts floating around my head that I typed out.
But, if she was the type to just go and talk to strangers, I really don't think a short cut would scare her in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717