FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But how could he/she have done this? By dark, the whole vicinity was crawling with investigators and volunteers, wasn't it? Don't you think waiting to dispose of her would have been reckless in any event?

Depends on dumpster. If this person was old enough to drink, they could have hidden her in the car and had drinks at hooters, ale house, and watched for the moment to dump her while LE was frantically searching her neighborhood. They werent searching restaurants/bars on wells rd. Its close, easy access to dumpster, and many reasons for people to be there, especially 20 somethings on a monday night.

I think we need to open up our timeline - I think we are still thinking WAY TO in the box -

Personally, I have always gone by a timeline that has been provided - with NO FACTS released -it isn't that short of time to be honest, it just seems that way - we can't go by assumption on how how the crime played out and cut our theory short with lack of time - for all we know Somer was having Tea with this person and the crime was carried out later -- I don't think that is the case though

- We don't know if mom has alibi at work for specific times
- same with PC
- I automatically make that assumption because they have not been arressted --it makes your mind think
oh they are innocent and have have nothing to do with this since they were at work and I am certain LE would be on this if it weren't true, LOGICALLY speaking-
-no clue on older brother attendence at school

again nobody cleared except Sheriff himself. I think if there is a discrepancy that LE Is aware of the LAST thing they would do is tell the public esp if relating to the family. Not the mention who would have put the RSO on the original MPR????Was that a red herring given by family? It sure as heck had me all over it and convinced for awhile.

I see what you mean about the timeline, and I am very admittedly NOT GOOD about those kinds of things. I am concerned, however, with how the abduction happening in broad daylight in a heavily populated residential neighborhood does narrow it down quite a bit, IMO. Perp would have had to get her away from people quickly, and nobody saw or heard anything. SO my main timeline concern is right then. He/she has to murder Somer and dispose of her body without being detected in the middle of the day. KWIM the circumstances are way different than say, a night scenario.

SAD mentioned propping a clothed body in a car, I had never thought about that. What if he had gotten pulled over? Can you imagine? BUT he would be taking a huge chance driving with a dead body in the car and would have had to wait until dark to dispose of her, and then by that time, we had LE, etc., all over the place.

SO I think she knew him, it happened quickly, she was tossed in the dumpster and covered over and he was out of there and nobody ever questioned his presence the whole time in that large group of people. Somebody mentioned quite a while back that this was the day before garbage pick up. So, for instance, if he had planned it and slipped her into a double garbage bag, nobody would have noticed a man putting trash in a dumpster in the middle of the day. Just thinking...

Speaking of red herrings:
Lets list them.

Old photo.

terrible description.. height is wrong.. my four yr old grandson is 3' 8". gdaughter is also four 3' 5". So, either somer had a growth problem or the height given is way off.

Wrong bookbag, lunchbox.

RSO on the MPR... still dont buy explanation by LE.

Possible that her last location was also a red herring, it has changed several times.

SORRY GUYS IT'S CHICK P I TRIED TO ANSWER THIS AND ACCIDENTALLY CUT OFF LAST PART OF SAD'S POST:

??? Old photo and then more recent photo in the presser where DT is holding it (wearing the clingy white top, sorry), then sad looking photo, photo in amusement park, but the MEDIA KEPT PUTTING THE FIRST PHOTO OUT THERE. Made me mad. They are supposed to be responsible and double check everything. For every person that looked at that wrong photo and therefore did not "recognize" this poor little girl at the time this happened, SHAME SHAME SHAME ON EVERYBODY WHO POSTED IT AT FUNDRAISERS, ON TV OR ANYWHERE!

Depends on dumpster. If this person was old enough to drink, they could have hidden her in the car and had drinks at hooters, ale house, and watched for the moment to dump her while LE was frantically searching her neighborhood. They werent searching restaurants/bars on wells rd. Its close, easy access to dumpster, and many reasons for people to be there, especially 20 somethings on a monday night.

Thanks! Never thought of that...

A perp who is so sick and confident that he puts a little girl's dead body (presumably dressed, sitting up or prone in the back seat?) in his car, drives to a bar, has a few with his friends and then sashays out to dispose of her. It's not beyond comprehension in today's world. But who would hate this little girl enough to violate her so? Why her?

Makes me wonder, also, what the body was partially-covered with at the landfill. There would be a lot of garbage mixed together, but chances are some would be from the dumpster, too. Could this be a possible reason there was no media coverage allowed at that location? That a discovery photographed would impede the investigation?

Well, I am going to cry now. And I think it would be good for me to just shut up or go away for a while. Feel free, anyone, to hit the WOO HOO button, I will understand.

XO dying swan

The biggest red herrings

Flagging down LE at 5:10 before checking that Somer was home yet

No problem. Is there more to the post than a white page listing showing that the victim's bio mom (aunt had custody) once lived in Orange Park? I only looked at Post 14 and then went to the end of the thread. If there is more of a connection to Somer's case, please let us know.

ETA2: I've not seen anything that shows the sexual offender/predator arrested in Sarah's case ever lived in Orange Park. Still reading and researching.

You are right Noway, there is nothing other than the mother having a previous address in OP. After more reading I believe it was wishful thinking on my part that there may be a link between these two incredibly sad cases.
Grasping at straws I guess...

Sad, do you not find it odd that Sam has not been given any updates via LE? My friend was murdered when we were Teens, her parents were Divorced however LE kept them both informed as to the progress of solving the case.

I find the way the Body was disposed of would be that of a sloppy, immature killer quite contrary to John Walsh's theory, who might have thrown the Public a Red Herring.

It is said that Somer was crazy about her 1/2 brother AC. whom I must add searched valiantly for his sister..... to the point of sheer exhaustion. Why would DT concern herself with picking him up that day in this time of crisis, did they both have cells? or did she already have a suspicion that something happened? How about this theory, that AC and one of his friends did something, she knows and they are all trying to cover....LE is just waiting in weeds. JMO

There is a clip isn't there stating how AC went looking for Somer that Eve, how long was he searching? What time did the Sun go down that day? TIA if someone can point me in the right direction re clip.

Sad, do you not find it odd that Sam has not been given any updates via LE? My friend was murdered when we were Teens, her parents were Divorced however LE kept them both informed as to the progress of solving the case.

I find the way the Body was disposed of would be that of a sloppy, immature killer quite contrary to John Walsh's theory, who might have thrown the Public a Red Herring.

Sam talks to LE on a regular basis. Im sure he keeps those updates to himself. All he passes on is No News, that the whole neighborhood, OP, family and USA have not been cleared. Everyone is suspect.

There is a clip isn't there stating how AC went looking for Somer that Eve, how long was he searching? What time did the Sun go down that day? TIA if someone can point me in the right direction re clip.

The clip said he was out searching 3 hours

Sam talks to LE on a regular basis. Im sure he keeps those updates to himself. All he passes on is No News, that the whole neighborhood, OP, family and USA have not been cleared. Everyone is suspect.

Do you know if the FBI ever came to talk to him or is the updates via phone calls?

Cath, Ive seen the clip, but I dont know where. Your theory is possible, but I just cant put my mind around AC hurting somer, even unintentionally, not when Ive heard how close they were. How he has spent all of his life watching her, protecting her. The heartbreaking way he looked until he dropped. I think they were alike, those two. I think they shared common roles as "misfits" in this family. I dont think he could have pulled off his lie of looking, looking, looking for her, til he dropped, if he knew anything about where she was.

Do you know if the FBI ever came to talk to him or is the updates via phone calls?

I know FBI interviewed him in person in the beginning. I think before and after somers body was found. Since his return to NC, his "updates" have been by phone, although he has been encouraged to phone with any questions or comments he has anytime he wants.

That story was written about the walk home on 10/21 (so facts gathered on that day) and updated 10/25. And it still has inconsistencies.

Says Somer left school at 2:30 p.m.(compared to Sgt. Dan Mahla who indicates she was released by the school at 2:50 p.m.) ... UGH

NCS, As far as the time the sun went down, I know it was talked about in previous threads.

I don't think this was the link but ... data for October 19.
http://www.sunrisesunset.com/usa/Florida.asp
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
Twi A: 6:11am
Twi N: 6:39am
Twi: 7:07am
Sunrise: 7:31am
Sunset: 6:52pm
Twi: 7:16pm
Twi N: 7:44pm
Twi A: 8:12pm
Moonrise: 8:58am
Moonset: 7:37pm
[/FONT]

http://www.sunrisesunset.com/definitions.html
For definitions of nautical, civil and astronomical twilight.

ETA: Here is discussion (sorry, it was in Thread 30).
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4557945"]Found Deceased FL - Somer Renee Thompson, 7, Orange Park, Thread #30 - Page 6 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

And this was the link I'd posted before
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=411

I wonder if Somer had Asperger Syndrome, mild variety of Autism, the reasons I am thinking this is, ChickenPants posted the article above and it states she would spin around in circles by herself on her way home. I also remember DT said " she loved to dance, even though she wasn't very good at it" I realize these are rather broad characteristics but maybe this is why SP is in the Picture. Children with Aspergers tend to be loners, uncoordinated etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54