FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21344324/index.html

She looks like she's wearing black sweat pants. Definitely not medical office attire.

Therefore, I'm of the opinion that she changed clothes.

Here's what I wonder, though - did she change clothes at the behest of LE?

Would LE ask the parent of a missing child to remove their clothes?

I know they were treating it as a missing child case initially but 7 hours after Somer not coming home ...

? watch out for the family, why?
To protect their privacy and publicity rights, would be my guess. Among other things, his function would be to negotiate contracts involving the commercial use of Somer's name and image.

Why would she do that?

If she has any knowlege of the what happend to Somer - she would worry about a possible witness - not saying this is what happend - BUT this is what would be why...IMO.

I'm sorry. I'm trying to understand. I still just don't quite get how the old photo would benefit DT even if she was the one who out and out killed Somer. If she did it or knew who did do it, then she would have known she was already "disposed of". What harm would a recent photo do?
I'm just not getting it.

but....according to DT, Somer had NEVER.EVER run off....or did I hear that wrong?

No, but it was my belief that she meant no, she'd never run off and been gone hours and hours and hours.

I can't recall when the first time she says that is. She appeared with the Sheriff ... was that Tuesday? Wednesday?

http://jacksonville.com/video?bcpid=45533482001&bclid=45314954001&bctid=45725057001
Diena Thompson Addresses the Media

ETA
On Monday night, when Sheriff was interviewed by Jennifer Waugh, the Sheriff says that Somer has a slight history of running off but that we should not assume that this is the case. SO he knew about the running off.

And that's one part of the whole going home for lunch that has never made sense! Chee posted many threads ago that DT worked @ the Jax office, because she said DT is the one who scheduled her appointment for her.

There is NO way she made it home, (did whatever for lunch) and made it back to the jax office in an hour. The drive there and back would take more than an hour under perfect driving conditions. Maybe the office closes for lunch for two hours? Chee... do you know? I will call tomorrow and try to make an appt for a monday around lunchtime.

And that's one part of the whole going home for lunch that has never made sense! Chee posted many threads ago that DT worked @ the Jax office, because she said DT is the one who scheduled her appointment for her.

Yes that is correct sorrell... and for the record, she was wearing scrubs.

But, I remember seeing her standing there at the presser with a picture of Somer begging for info and please help find Somer. How is that wrong?

IMO what she had on and what she said then has been picked apart. My point is the more media coverage the better right????? Isn't that how it normally works. The family of victims want to keep their childs face in the public spotlight. I feel that's what she was doing.

After Somer was found, she shifted her focus on justice IMO. I think it's still important to keep the case in the spotlight until it has been solved.

Do you think it's possible DT is just trying to prevent this case from being forgotten? Like so many other cases have been.

I think it is a misperception by the public. Just because we are not privy to updates by LE or media appearances by DT, in no way indicates that the case has lost any significance to the people that matter most. The investigators. They do not require media spotlight on this to solve. If they did, they would be the ones out there in it.

Have you ever known a narcissistic person?
They think they are smart and can fool people with there acting skills.

Yeah, I get that.
Still just don't get why she would use an old photo to mislead. That's all.

No, but it was my belief that she meant no, she'd never run off and been gone hours and hours and hours.

I can't recall when the first time she says that is. She appeared with the Sheriff ... was that Tuesday?
I am not sure of the day...but it is the first presser that she did with the Sheriff.....I am thinking maybe wed morning before her body was found?? not sure of the day...

But there is another poster who said The DDS also comes to OP too and they use both offices.. but same DDS

I'm sorry. I'm trying to understand. I still just don't quite get how the old photo would benefit DT even if she was the one who out and out killed Somer. If she did it or knew who did do it, then she would have known she was already "disposed of". What harm would a recent photo do?
I'm just not getting it.

Maybe the crime scene was near to the place she flagged LE?

I think it is a misperception by the public. Just because we are not privy to updates by LE or media appearances by DT, in no way indicates that the case has lost any significance to the people that matter most. The investigators. They do not require media spotlight on this to solve. If they did, they would be the ones out there in it.

I understand it is not required but a mother may want the case and their child not to be forgotten.

Would LE ask the parent of a missing child to remove their clothes?

I know they were treating it as a missing child case initially but 7 hours after Somer not coming home ...

If LE was covering all the bases, and began to suspect foul play (which the Sheriff stated they did), it makes sense they would want to process her clothing as possible evidence, just in case. The Sheriff also stated they "had one chance to do the investigation right."

I have no idea whether or not they asked her to change so they could bag her clothing as possible evidence. If they were conducting a thorough investigation, they should have.

Another scenario is that she changed her clothes for her own reasons, which could include wanting to be more comfortable & warm as the night dragged on. Or... she changed her clothes before LE had a chance to ask her for them... Maybe they got dirty while she was out looking for Somer earlier.

I remember reading somewhere that she left work at 4:20.....don't even ask me where...LOL

No. I think it was STATED in the MPR that is the time she Texted PC. Once again it does not indicate where she was or he was at the time of the call.
Because it is on cellphone. Not office phone where location could be established. Only with cell phone pings!!

Ok, maybe I'll have a lightbulb moment later about the benefit of the old photo.
Just not really getting it.

Thanks to all who tried to explain it to me. lol

You know she could have honestly looked at that picture she had and said yes that looks just like her. The picture we have in our brain of other people doesn't always matchup with how the person looks. I can take 10 pictures in a day of my grandaugter and all of them can look like a different person. A perfect example of this is when someone tells you that you look like someone else and you meet that person and you do not see the resemblence other see. I am told by alot of people my one daughter looks just like her mother and I can not see it.

I totally agree on this one. If anything, I think it may add rumors and misinformation. LE has not asked the public for help, since the presser telling us a profile, and then to look for the mysterious bookbag, lunchbox. Media spotlight does not equal solving this case. Now if she was still missing, I could understand keeping the spotlight on somer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member