FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe she did. Because phone records would show that.

So I guess the idea that she left at lunch is a bust?

Cool thing about cell phones. The caller doesn't know where the receiver is.
And vice versa. The MPR is just taking statements. We don't know what "upon further examination" might have turned up. To support or refute previous statements.

Not every parent of a murder victim has televised interview or media outlets.
I never saw E.O's parents doing them. But, then again. I don't have cable TV. There was another case right after S where the husband reportedly killed the two children and then himself while she was in the shower. No witnesses. So many people speculated about her and her tragedy. I never saw her on the news or internet videos either.

It was a choice she made. It was not a requirement that she do the televised appearances. The only interview I ever heard of that she turned down was with AP newspaper reporter. No video, no DT? JMO

But, I remember seeing her standing there at the presser with a picture of Somer begging for info and please help find Somer. How is that wrong?

IMO what she had on and what she said then has been picked apart. My point is the more media coverage the better right????? Isn't that how it normally works. The family of victims want to keep their childs face in the public spotlight. I feel that's what she was doing.

After Somer was found, she shifted her focus on justice IMO. I think it's still important to keep the case in the spotlight until it has been solved.

Do you think it's possible DT is just trying to prevent this case from being forgotten? Like so many other cases have been.

The dentist's office is open Mon - Thurs from 8 to 5. Friday 7:30 to 2.

My dentist gives his whole staff an hour lunch. If we assume she took an hour for lunch, and worked an 8 hour day, she would get off work @ 5. But receptionists usually arrive before the office opens to pull files (unless they are pulled the day before), and sometimes remain after hours to finish up tasks.

I'm assuming she worked from 8 to 5, with an hour for lunch in the middle of her work day.

But, I remember seeing her standing there at the presser with a picture of Somer begging for info and please help find Somer. How is that wrong?

IMO what she had on and what she said then has been picked apart. My point is the more media coverage the better right????? Isn't that how it normally works. The family of victims want to keep their childs face in the public spotlight. I feel that's what she was doing.

After Somer was found, she shifted her focus on justice IMO. I think it's still important to keep the case in the spotlight until it has been solved.

Do you think it's possible DT is just trying to prevent this case from being forgotten? Like so many other cases have been.[/QUOTE

I think with all of the fund raisers, no one is forgetting this case, or Somer....MO

Do you think it's possible DT is just trying to prevent this case from being forgotten? Like so many other cases have been.

The neighbors said they did not recognize the child by the picture?

I believe she did. Because phone records would show that.

So I guess the idea that she left at lunch is a bust?

Yes and NO! Like I said earlier, we need to think OUTSIDE the box. The public has not got a confirmation one way or another. For all we know this story doesn't add up and LE aware of it or it does pan out as factual. Same for when DT left work and came back --- or never did come back. Same for PC being at work and accounted for. These things have been stated as to where these people were at but never EVER has it been verified as factual. For all we all this story is a bunch of horse crap and only LE would know this - not us - The only thing we have to go on is that there has not been an arrest of any of these individuals... which doesn't mean patooie in my book - YET!

If she left at 4pm to look for somer she would be in OP at 4:35?
Where did she look from 4:40 to 5:10?

I don't know that she left at 4.

I read that she received the text at about 4 and then left work (not sure how long after receiving the text).

I don't know where else she looked because the MPR only states where she was when she flagged down the officer.

With that time difference, it is possible she stopped at home and changed. That might make sense ... and if she stopped at home first, then she'd know that Somer was not there.

So you think she used an old photo on purpose? To mislead? I don't get it.

The dentist's office is open Mon - Thurs from 8 to 5. Friday 7:30 to 2.

My dentist gives his whole staff an hour lunch. If we assume she took an hour for lunch, and worked an 8 hour day, she would get off work @ 5. But receptionists usually arrive before the office opens to pull files (unless they are pulled the day before), and sometimes remain after hours to finish up tasks.

I'm assuming she worked from 8 to 5, with an hour for lunch in the middle of her work day.

If she worked in Jax her drive time would use up more the the hour so she had to either work at the one in OP or take a long lunch

I would think, if it were my child missing, I'd be talking to anybody who had a camera. JMO
I don't think I'd turn any interview down.

I've never lived thru it so I don't know for sure.

I remember reading somewhere that she left work at 4:20.....don't even ask me where...LOL

And if it was 4:35ish and Somer got out of school at 2:32 p.m., then it might really seem that something wasn't right if in the past Somer had always come home within an hour or two of running off.

So you think she used an old photo on purpose? To mislead? I don't get it.

For those of us that don't feel DT being upfront - yes, I do believe so - I think that is a red flag to some. I also find it interesting that there are pictures of the twins while they are newborns up to about 1 year old - then nothing for a few years... just saying...

And if it was 4:35ish and Somer got out of school at 2:32 p.m., then it might really seem that something wasn't right if in the past Somer had always come home within an hour or two of running off.
but....according to DT, Somer had NEVER.EVER run off....or did I hear that wrong?

What would she gain by useing an old photo to mislead?

In theory, if she had something to hide about this entire situation - she would have ALOT to gain in case somebody saw something (Somer of how she looked at the moment in time) she would not have wanted them to have seen.

If she worked in Jax her drive time would use up more the the hour so she had to either work at the one in OP or take a long lunch

And that's one part of the whole going home for lunch that has never made sense! Chee posted many threads ago that DT worked @ the Jax office, because she said DT is the one who scheduled her appointment for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm