FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...my "hinky meter" went UP on "the lawyer" when he quickly signed up BL, father of Shaynia...

the lawyer and DT are in Florida....the Shaynia case is in North Carolina...
I think the lawyer is looking for fame/money...

who knows...book deals?? tv movie?? The fact he would jump on both cases raises my suspicions

I'm sorry. I'm trying to understand. I still just don't quite get how the old photo would benefit DT even if she was the one who out and out killed Somer. If she did it or knew who did do it, then she would have known she was already "disposed of". What harm would a recent photo do?
I'm just not getting it.

Kim, think of it this way - lets talk totally hypothetically -- if YOU just killed your own daughter and you KNEW there was a possibility that someone could have seen you without have a confrontation with you at the time but of course you couldn't be certain- later the case becomes what Somers did -- out of sheer paranoia would you want the media to have a picture of EXACTLY what your child you just killed looks like in that very moment in time JUST IN CASE someone did accidentally see something???

In my daughter's case, LE took her abductor's clothing (that he was wearing) as evidence - immediately, during the preliminary investigation. It was processed and photographed as evidence.

I see your point NCS, but if they saw me do something to my child, they saw me too.
How on Earth would DT mislead as to her appearance? She was live, standing at the presser. So, IMO, using an old photo of Somer would serve no purpose. JMO

Kim, think of it this way - lets talk totally hypothetically -- if YOU just killed your own daughter and you KNEW there was a possibility that someone could have seen you without have a confrontation with you at the time but of course you couldn't be certain- later the case becomes what Somers did -- out of sheer paranoia would you want the media to have a picture of EXACTLY what your child you just killed looks like in that very moment in time JUST IN CASE someone did accidentally see something???

Sure someone may have seen somer playing and not realised it was her they saw.. until after the trash pick up

So you think she used an old photo on purpose? To mislead? I don't get it.

No. The point would not have been to mislead. The point for those who suspect DT is she knew they were not going to find her lost so it didn't matter what picture she gave to LE the neighbors or whoever. She just provided a picture. I am annoyed like another poster here who even when the media, detectives etc. knew it was way out of date this became "the photo'. I saw on her funeral program. Same picture. I don't get that.

No. The point would not have been to mislead. The point for those who suspect DT is she knew they were not going to find her lost so it didn't matter what picture she gave to LE the neighbors or whoever. She just provided a picture. I am annoyed like another poster here who even when the media, detectives etc. knew it was way out of date this became "the photo'. I saw on her funeral program. Same picture. I don't get that.

I believe the picture changed 3 times total

BBM

I guess if I was worried that someone had seen me killing my daughter (so much so that I provide an outdated picture), I would avoid the media at all costs. I wouldn't give any interviews.

Does anyone know how old she was in the photo DT provided to LE/Media in the first place? I'm just wondering how outdated the photo was.

I see your point NCS, but if they saw me do something to my child, they saw me too.
How on Earth would DT mislead as to her appearance? She was live, standing at the presser. So, IMO, using an old photo of Somer would serve no purpose. JMO

Okay, well now you are expounding on your original question as I remember it - So, I will give you MO on this part - let's say this has something to do with a sibling or someone else DT would want to protect ---- SAME reasoning! If she already REALLY knew what happend whether it be on purpose, an accident or be whatever it may -- she would have the reason to give an older picture of her fdaughter hoping nobody accidentally saw something. Heck, I am no criminal but even I might think of that if I were guilty of something..

Sure someone may have seen somer playing and not realised it was her they saw.. until after the trash pick up

I rest my PEACE - I mean case - LOL!!!

Ok, we have discussed this before about the old photo of somer, IIRC, it was a picture she had in her wallet. Now why it wasnt changed to a newer photo before it was passed out to the masses, IDK. It is obvious to me that there were not many photos taken of somer by the dvd that played at her service. There were years of growing without pics, and many more could have been added if they were available. Also, the latest pic is the one with proof on it, which I think just came home from school to be ordered. Most of the more recent pics were taken at the same time because they all show her wearing the brown outfit.

You know she could have honestly looked at that picture she had and said yes that looks just like her. The picture we have in our brain of other people doesn't always matchup with how the person looks. I can take 10 pictures in a day of my grandaugter and all of them can look like a different person. A perfect example of this is when someone tells you that you look like someone else and you meet that person and you do not see the resemblence other see. I am told by alot of people my one daughter looks just like her mother and I can not see it.

Or, it could have been easier to access the picture of her at 3 or 4 years old than the one in her brown outfit in real time that surfaced AFTER her body was found

Ok y'all. My alarm will be sounding shortly. ugghhh Back to work.

Thanks for all the conversation/debate/opinions...whatever.

And I would like to honestly say, if I have offended anyone or they felt attacked by my opinions or statements, I am truely sorry. It was not my intent by any stretch.

And again, IMO DT did not do anything to Somer. I don't think she knows who did it. She is not my BFF and is not sitting on my sofa in Louisiana. lol

Y'all have a great night.

I lost alot of pictures from a computer crash then I found photobucket and flickr.

BBM

I guess if I was worried that someone had seen me killing my daughter (so much so that I provide an outdated picture), I would avoid the media at all costs. I wouldn't give any interviews.

I can see that. But I also IMO, don't think DT brightest bulb in box but I thinks she gets an "a" for effort considering if she did have something to do with what happend to Somer - she couldn't hole up inside her home with 1,000 people standing outside to support her and find her daughter - how would that look??? She would HAVE to come outside at least before the poor girls body was found... it would set off more indicators than what is already being questioned.. I can see being holed up afterwards.. actually I can imagine life pretty much impossible to deal with ever again - god bless all the parents of murdered children I can't imagine anything worse :(

I dont think the school photo was released til after the funeral. IIRC, I found it on the internet and passed it to sam on fb because it was the newest one out there. I think he said she was 4 in the widespread one with her fingers behind her head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks