FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's one part of the whole going home for lunch that has never made sense! Chee posted many threads ago that DT worked @ the Jax office, because she said DT is the one who scheduled her appointment for her.

I'm not so sure that which office she worked for is the determining thing. Crazy medical environment, people come and go for all kinds of issues. The main thing is if you have a co-worker with whom you have a good relationship, it's "cover for me" and later you return the favor. I cover on the phone for the Admin Assistant who says she's going to the bank and to pick up lunch and sometimes is gone over an hour and that's o-k with me because I do my paperwork at her desk...sorry to add personal info here because I know it makes for more reading...

If it becomes a situation where people take advantage, or management doesn't like it, that's a prob. Most small offices the doc doesn't care as long as the patients get taken care of. We've discussed already whether or not D's coworkers were aware of home situations and it's likely in such a small office that they talked about everything and by virtue of their day to day closeness they worked out arrangements for lunches, leaving early and etc.

Ok, we have discussed this before about the old photo of somer, IIRC, it was a picture she had in her wallet. Now why it wasnt changed to a newer photo before it was passed out to the masses, IDK. It is obvious to me that there were not many photos taken of somer by the dvd that played at her service. There were years of growing without pics, and many more could have been added if they were available. Also, the latest pic is the one with proof on it, which I think just came home from school to be ordered. Most of the more recent pics were taken at the same time because they all show her wearing the brown outfit.

I am sad and p'od

Well since the moment she flagged down LE she never bothered to search for S herself.
She remained indoors. Visiting your MS page is something you do when you are home in your spare time.

I want to do a woo hoo here, but no I have to play devil's advocate.

Maybe LE told her to remain inside? Was she taking LE around the house so they could search the house?

Visited MS because she was nervous? But then, to go to the trouble to edit your pictures? Why? What was wrong with the pictures on there?

Arrgh why bother to search for someone you know will not be found because you think or know she is dead.

I'm not so sure that which office she worked for is the determining thing. Crazy medical environment, people come and go for all kinds of issues. The main thing is if you have a co-worker with whom you have a good relationship, it's "cover for me" and later you return the favor. I cover on the phone for the Admin Assistant who says she's going to the bank and to pick up lunch and sometimes is gone over an hour and that's o-k with me because I do my paperwork at her desk...sorry to add personal info here because I know it makes for more reading...

If it becomes a situation where people take advantage, or management doesn't like it, that's a prob. Most small offices the doc doesn't care as long as the patients get taken care of. We've discussed already whether or not D's coworkers were aware of home situations and it's likely in such a small office that they talked about everything and by virtue of their day to day closeness they worked out arrangements for lunches, leaving early and etc.

BBM
Mom Diena was a receptionest for a (one) dentist. The environment in a dental office is very different from that of a medical facility and not really comparable. I don't know about you, but anytime I forced myself to the dentist, it had to do with my teeth and nothing else. just my opinion moo

I don't think Diena killed Somer. I could be wrong. I know mothers do kill their children.

But if Diena had not run into the cop at the corner and you think she would not report Somer as missing ... do you also think Sean would have just let it slide too? What about the kids AT and ST? What about the school?

It doesn't matter why I think people have not come forward and said Diena was a good mom. Maybe they do not consider her a good mom because she didn't meet their standards?

If you/we/they don't think of her as a viable suspect, let's rule her out. Let's prove WHY she is NOT the perp. Did she not have a motive? Opportunity? What about her behavior? These are all things LE is looking at. We are sleuthing here, we get off track with opinions, I keep trying to look at evidence or lack of, I focus on behavior because we have no evidence. I find her behaviors - a consistently strange thing - if she behaved innocently then why would so many people notice her or suspect her - why would anyone need to defend her? Who knows? I think the changing profile photos during an investigation is the clearest indicator of her strange priorities/behavior.

Be detectives - rule her out as a suspect. Interview friends, family and co-workers who can give testimony as to why it would be impossible for her to hurt this child or be complicit with someone else hurting her. Prove that she has been a good mother, citizen, neighbor, friend, daughter - each and everything would be brought out eventually in her defense if she were ever in court. NO this is not a court. It is an investigation. Of everyone.

From my understanding of FL divorce law it is no-fault, initially parties draw up property settlement agreements and are able to handle custody and other issues without legal represetation of they choose to. If the divorce is not contentious it is standard.

IF DT was initially representing herself in the divorce - that is indicative that she most likely assumed she would (1) be receiving full custody of the children; (2) had arranged with ST to share custody already, (3) had given ST full custody. This and property arrangements they had already decided, so she did not need a lawyer to represent her. The only other reason she would represent herself is that she felt she would do an equally good or better job than an attorney.

My question is, why did that change after Somer disappeared and died? Could it be that ST stated he wanted to get the kids out of Orange Park? Could it be that CPC involved himself and told her to get an attorney and fight ST?

I think she just filed in the hopes that st wouldnt answer and she would win by default, which she almost did. ST had already answered before somer died and the judge ruled that he could not rule without additional evidence. Thus attorneys were hired and the mud slinging began.

BBM
Mom Diena was a receptionest for a (one) dentist. The environment in a dental office is very different from that of a medical facility and not really comparable. I don't know about you, but anytime I forced myself to the dentist, it had to do with my teeth and nothing else. just my opinion moo

I am not referring to a large medical facility. A small medical or dental office. Receptionists, front and back office personnel, latter two are cross-trained to provide all services. Medical office would include physician's assistants. Dental office would include hygenists. The smaller staff and close environment means they would have standard lunch arrangements but also would reasonably help one another out. Unless a person routinely took advantage of this. Or the doctor or dentist became concerned about it because it interfered with patient care or the smooth running of the office.

DT being so talkative it seems highly unlikely that her coworkers were not aware of her home situations. Nobody has said that she ever left work early before because of a problem at home, but we don't know. Who knows but her co-workers? It would in any case unusual to take an hour lunch and then leave early again requiring coverage, but maybe they were a close-knit group who helped one another.

I'm not sure what you mean with last sentence.

If it becomes a situation where people take advantage, or management doesn't like it, that's a prob. Most small offices the doc doesn't care as long as the patients get taken care of. We've discussed already whether or not D's coworkers were aware of home situations and it's likely in such a small office that they talked about everything and by virtue of their day to day closeness they worked out arrangements for lunches, leaving early and etc.[/QUOTE]

Well I realized I had already addressed that question. So I leave it up to the last sentence in previous poster's reply. Sorry for being redundant.

I have been face to face with DT. I believe she is cold, self-centered, and cares very little about how her actions or inactions affect those around her. IT IS all about DT. I believe her priorities are *advertiser censored**ed up (messed just didnt work here). I dont think she planned any of her children and has just made them fit in her life, instead of living her life around them. I dont think she is a good mother. I dont think she was a good wife, or partner. Most self-centered, egotistical people are not good parents. However most do not kill their children either. I think she looks at her children as possessions.
That said, I also DO NOT believe DT had anything to do with somers death. I have tried to wrap my mind around that. I have tried to take the looks I have seen her direct towards me or ST and think of what it would be like to be her child who had caused her wrath. I may be all wrong. I dont even care. I just want who did this dead. NO matter who it was.
I know ccane, hounds and some others have this all figured out, in the who, why and where. I have tried to be open to scenerios. But I have a really hard time grasping that the landfill in Folkston was all a big conspiracy and her body was found days earlier and this was all a ruse by LE. A ruse set up across state lines. A ruse that told all the family (not just the suspected murderess) that this child was in the dump.. in the landfill.. that she was discarded like trash. I cant imagine LE making this up and telling somers grandparents, her siblings and others that loved her this if it was a lie. It just doesnt compute or make any sense at all to me. As far as the media not being all over the landfill.. I think LE wanted it that way. I dont think they wanted somers lifeless body photographed all over the air, or the public to know before her family. If there are facts of this conspiracy I would like to know what they may be. I have read, I have watched, over and over and I just cant see it. Please help me understand your reasoning for believing this, not innuendos on how I should watch closer, or dig deeper, if there are facts, then why not share them? This is not a competition to see who knows more, or who is smarter... is it? Isnt this about somer? Im sure anyone who thinks they know something that would help LE would call it in, right? So it cant be that mysterious, at this point, can it? Help me see clearly the way it appears some of you do, because no matter how much I may dislike her or think her parenting skills suck.. I still dont think she killed her child with anything other than neglect, attention deficit was imposed on somer by her mother and her father and now they have to live with that, but it didnt kill her.

If you/we/they don't think of her as a viable suspect, let's rule her out. Let's prove WHY she is NOT the perp. Did she not have a motive? Opportunity? What about her behavior? These are all things LE is looking at. We are sleuthing here, we get off track with opinions, I keep trying to look at evidence or lack of, I focus on behavior because we have no evidence. I find her behaviors - a consistently strange thing - if she behaved innocently then why would so many people notice her or suspect her - why would anyone need to defend her? Who knows? I think the changing profile photos during an investigation is the clearest indicator of her strange priorities/behavior.

Be detectives - rule her out as a suspect. Interview friends, family and co-workers who can give testimony as to why it would be impossible for her to hurt this child or be complicit with someone else hurting her. Prove that she has been a good mother, citizen, neighbor, friend, daughter - each and everything would be brought out eventually in her defense if she were ever in court. NO this is not a court. It is an investigation. Of everyone.

BBM

Seriously ... you want members here to call her friends, family and coworkers?

I can state my opinion that I don't think Diena did it without backing it up with proof that she didn't.

When it comes to dental offices, I am not sure what qualifies as a "small practice" these days. My very first job was as a dental assist. one summer. Small town no formal training. This was so the regular girl could go on a two week vacation near the end of my training. Now when I go, the people are like ants on an anthill. There are two dentist who work out of the office so, there were 2 assist.,1 assist/x-ray tech, 2 receptionist, 2 ins. clerks, and 1 office manager. This so everything did not come to a
screeching halt cause somebody had a child home sick, or out sick themself, I guess. No wonder my visits cost so much!

There is never going to be a good time to put this out there. NSC, how is this for outside the box thinking? Not only do I not believe she was found in a landfill, I am not entirely convinced she was put in a dumpster at all! I think the reason DT makes more of this throwing her in a dumpster than the murder, etc itself. "They could have just left her laying somewhere" is I believe the quote DT gave. I think she expected them to find her. That is why SO were put out there as breadcrumb clues for LE. There are a lot of things that have made me think this. I think this was why DT imagines that LE is so dumb to start with. She can't figure out why they "didn't find" her body until they tell her Wed. she was found at the dump. She's on the one hand "outraged" that someone threw her in the trash and "relieved' that here is a supposed convenient scapegoat to cast suspicion away from her. Hence the other change to her MS page. "Confident, with a green smilie"

Thank you HT, this is what I like to hear "new" outside the box theories that doesn't mesh with info we have been told but has never been confirmed. Do you care to add onto that theory??? Of what you are thinking happend prior to??? Where do you think she expected them to find her??? Who would have put her in the trash then? Do you believe she came home?

If the Sheriff thought Diena did it (on Monday night) would the call he made on Wednesday, that the body found was Somer's, really have been the hardest call he'd ever had to make?

Would it be hard to tell a killer you'd found their victim?
I'm not sure whether I should believe what the Sheriff says or how I should interpret it.

I would imagine it would be the most uncomfortable call if that is/was the situation!

If she left at 4pm to look for somer she would be in OP at 4:35?
Where did she look from 4:40 to 5:10?

According to her statements, she drove to OPAA to pick up AC first. Then she added in one of the videos "he was already down there looking."

Thank you HT, this is what I like to hear "new" outside the box theories that doesn't mesh with info we have been told but has never been confirmed. Do you care to add onto that theory??? Of what you are thinking happend prior to??? Where do you think she expected them to find her??? Who would have put her in the trash then? Do you believe she came home?

I will to a certain extent. Armed with that thought in mind. NOW review all her most critical statements. Say the Nightline interview, or the Thurs. press converence in front of home. Think about why she would be asked not to view S's body. What reason can LE give to keep her from it? That's as much as I would like to speculate on. Write back when you have put the evidentiary actions and words through that crucible. I will be interested in your views!

According to her statements, she drove to OPAA to pick up AC first. Then she added in one of the videos "he was already down there looking."

~snipped from the MPR~

She said she then left work and drove to Grove Park (OPAA) where she picked up her oldest son, AT (error, AC). She said she then continued to look for Somer Thompson in the immediate area of Grove Park when she saw D/S Coan and reported the incident.

From this, it sounds like maybe AC was in the car with her when she flagged down the officer?

That would make a difference to me. When she picked up AC and whether he was with her from the time she arrived in the area of the park.

I would think that the sheriffs call was hard to make... hard on him, no matter who he was calling or their involvement.

I will to a certain extent. Armed with that thought in mind. NOW review all her most critical statements. Say the Nightline interview, or the Thurs. press converence in front of home. Think about why she would be asked not to view S's body. What reason can LE give to keep her from it? That's as much as I would like to speculate on. Write back when you have put the evidentiary actions and words through that crucible. I will be interested in your views!

I seriously doubt LE asked her not to view Somer. I think perhaps it was her psychologist. Or maybe she didn't feel she could handle seeing her child dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia