FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is my opinion and my opinion only that the Sheriff knew Somer was deceased late Monday night early Tuesday morning. He also knew the how, when and most importantly who.

that opinion is shared by a few of us also with good reason

so if this were indeed the case - why are there no charges laid?

Well, since these are just suppositions, I would say I can think of several reasons why they would not have done that on Tuesday, even if they had found her by then. Can't you?

If the Sheriff thought Diena did it (on Monday night) would the call he made on Wednesday, that the body found was Somer's, really have been the hardest call he'd ever had to make?

Would it be hard to tell a killer you'd found their victim?

I'm not sure whether I should believe what the Sheriff says or how I should interpret it.

Evidence is being processed, a case is being built with iron clad proof. The clock is ticking...... Tick Tock

i also believe there is a case being built - i do not believe it is against DT although i do believe she may have some knowlege or intuition about what built up to this..i find some of the comments on this thread tonight really disturbing

And if he knew on Monday/early Tuesday that Diena had done it and where she had done it, why continue with the searches? I mean why not just search the "where" for evidence?

If the Sheriff thought Diena did it (on Monday night) would the call he made on Wednesday, that the body found was Somer's, really have been the hardest call he'd ever had to make?

Would it be hard to tell a killer you'd found their victim?

I'm not sure whether I should believe what the Sheriff says or how I should interpret it.

He may not be sure of how many people are involved and who did what until evidence is processed

i also believe there is a case being built - i do not believe it is against DT although i do believe she may have some knowlege or intuition about what built up to this..i find some of the comments on this thread tonight really disturbing

Please share your thoughts

I haven't posted much on Somer's murder, but I have read all the threads. It is maddening to me that at this point in time we really don't know much more than when LE reported finding her body. There is something very hinky about this case. And, as much as SOs are often the perps I keep having this feeling that Somer was murdered by someone known to her - family, or a family friend, or a neighbor, etc. Just some gnawing feeling that I cannot push aside. JMHO

And if he knew on Monday/early Tuesday that Diena had done it and where she had done it, why continue with the searches? I mean why not just search the "where" for evidence?

Do yo think somer having DT DNA on her is going to mean anything?
What about money for this case, where is that coming from?
Did you see they have dept cut backs?

I haven't posted much on Somer's murder, but I have read all the threads. It is maddening to me that at this point in time we really don't know much more than when LE reported finding her body. There is something very hinky about this case. And, as much as SOs are often the perps I keep having this feeling that Somer was murdered by someone known to her - family, or a family friend, or a neighbor, etc. Just some gnawing feeling that I cannot push aside. JMHO

There is more info out there .. It's just not posted on here due to the nature of the info

Do yo think somer having DT DNA on her is going to mean anything?
What about money for this case, where is that coming from?
Did you see they have dept cut backs?

I don't know if Diena's DNA on Somer would mean anything.

Can DNA be layered and if so, could they tell who touched someone last?

I mean if I am Somer's teacher, and she hugs me and I have my hands on her back and I leave my DNA ... and then Somer's killer (in this scenario DIena) lifts Somer and carries Somer and her hands are on the place where my (the teacher's) DNA is, would they be able to tell that Diena's came after mine (the teacher's)?

Does that make any sense?

I don't know what you mean by money for this case and department cuts, so I'll wait to respond to that part.

You remember the looped video of the dumpster search at Gano. I dont' think that was where the real investigation was ongoing. At least that's from what my lying eyes were telling me! ;)

ETA: Thanks Cane! Yeah. And to cover all the bases. Process of elimination. True, very true

Ok, maybe I'll have a lightbulb moment later about the benefit of the old photo.
Just not really getting it.

Thanks to all who tried to explain it to me. lol
I think the train of thought is that the public would not recognize Somer as she looked at the time of her abduction and murder from the picture DT gave to LE. So, if anyone saw something even kind of suspicious and then looked at the picture DT gave to LE it would throw them off - ie "No, the girl I saw didn't look like the picture to me". So, a potential witness may not report something that was pertinent because they don't recognize that the little girl they saw is the same girl in the picture. Hope this helps, and BTW I am not necessarily in agreement with this idea, or disagreement either. Just trying to state what I got from the idea that DT purposely gave LE an older picture that didn't look a lot like the Somer did at the time of her disappearance. Hope this helps.

I don't know if Diena's DNA on Somer would mean anything.

Can DNA be layered and if so, could they tell who touched someone last?

I mean if I am Somer's teacher, and she hugs me and I have my hands on her back and I leave my DNA ... and then Somer's killer (in this scenario DIena) lifts Somer and carries Somer and her hands are on the place where the teacher's DNA is, would they be able to tell that Diena's came after the teacher's?

Does that make any sense?

I don't know what you mean by money for this case and department cuts, so I'll wait to respond to that part.

The jury of 12 have to make a difficult and important decision as Florida is a death penelty state..
You should have more then just DNA to make that kind of case
As for funds.. you open up alot of resources with the amber alert

If all the discrepancies in this case haven't escaped our inexpert attention, I have no doubt they have not escaped the expert attention of the investigators.

There is more info out there .. It's just not posted on here due to the nature of the info
So if I were to google Somer and info re: her murder then I would probably come across the info that is out there?

You remember the looped video of the dumpster search at Gano. I dont' think that was where the real investigation was ongoing. At least that's from what my lying eyes were telling me! ;)

what about eliminating it

LOL yes, ChickenP and I commented on that video today.

I was excited when I saw the name of the video she had posted (Thompson Home Searched or something close to that) because I hadn't remembered ever seeing that Somer's home was searched. And as it turned out, that was the Gano house, not the Thompson house. And searched is a relative term. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia