FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chickenpants,
The woman contacted LE on Monday night.Very early on in the investigation. She was highly specific about them needing to search the Gano House.And,even more telling, she said they should check that dumpster too.
I will *speculate* that she told LE why she felt they should look there. It could be that it was a hang out place for kids,including Somer. Most likely they might hang there after the construction workers had left for the day. If you think about it , she would have told them to check the dumpster BEFORE LE came up with the plan to follow the garbage trucks. I have never heard of a LE agency following garbage trucks before during a kidnapping or disappearance.
About the dogs : she might have been moved from the Gano dumpster,and placed in another dumpster. Especially if she was in a heavy duty plastic bag,and moved in a car. I have heard that scenthounds are not always able to get a scent on a person to find them.
Guessing that she ( the tipster) was scared,and wanted to remain unidentified.

Or she had some part in it. This is a multi killer not just one in my opinion.

Noway,
I have read posts that stated that there were/are a few empty houses on Gano. I would think that LE would look in all vacant buildings early on in the search.Which is why I find it so significant that the tipster told them to search that house, and that dumpster. I'm thinking she did see someone,or something hinky going on there. Why else would she want to be unidentified ?

Or she was part of it as I posted earlier. I'm almost convinced this was a group of killers not just one person. IMO.

Pin, Do you still think SP and PC? Or different group?

I can't quite see anyone involved in the murder making suggestions to LE unless it was to lead them away from the actual crime scene.

And not even then really. If I had a hand in this crime, I'd stay as far away from LE and Somer's case as possible.

Pin, Do you still think SP and PC? Or different group?

I think it's more likely younger neighborhood kids and their parents protecting them. PC is still a suspect to me and SP has always been suspicious to me. They could have been working together as well. Regardless, of who did this, they had lots of help.

I can't quite see anyone involved in the murder making suggestions to LE unless it was to lead them away from the actual crime scene.

And not even then really. If I had a hand in this crime, I'd stay as far away from LE and Somer's case as possible.

Unless you were in it. If PC did it, he would be smack in between. All the neighbors as well are smack in between. This was someone very close to Somer's home, in my opinion. Anything to divert evidence away from themselves or their kids.

Unless you were in it. If PC did it, he would be smack in between. All the neighbors as well are smack in between. This was someone very close to Somer's home, in my opinion. Anything to divert evidence away from themselves or their kids.

Something very obvious just smacked me in the face. Has anyone sleuthed the 17 yo babysitter? I can't remember if it was done way back or not, and haven't been able to find anything. TIA.

Is that his brother and his brothers wife (or exwife)?

i thought that it might be a brother and brother's wife at first, but they both live in two different places, and she is married with two kid's. i'm pretty sure she is the sister, in one of her pic's she has a van with writing on the back window that say's JUSTICE FOR SOMER and WATCH OUT WERE COMING. ahhhhhh i just found another currier on their. RHYMES with melby- 6 letter's (female) she is 18 year's old. maybe she could be the daughter of CPC or the brother's child, his sister doesn't look old enough to have an 18 year old. her mood is depressed because she doesn't want to move. her hometown in bowtie?? nope just checked again, the sister's husband and the brother look nothing a like, although the brother is also bald like CPC and look's a lot like him. no exwife here..

As of January 4, results still not in from lab. Until the results are in LE can't arrest. I am confident that they will arrest as soon as the results are in.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22122212/detail.html

Quoted from article: The sheriff's office said the investigation is in a stage that can be described as "focused and streamlined."

IMO, sounds to me like they have a suspect or suspects, and are waiting on the forensics.

I've always thought that part of the delay in making an arrest in the case is tying the suspect to the different crime scenes---we know that she was killed in one place and then put into the dumpster. They have to link the person to the spot she was taken from, place where she was killed, possible transport by vehicle to the dumpster, and then the dumpster.

Just using this as an example: If she was sexually assaulted, and they are able to match DNA evidence found on her, that still doesn't prove who abducted and killed her. The suspect could potentially say, well yeah I raped her, but she was alive and well when I left. They would still need evidence that ties him to the abduction and murder. KWIM?

As of January 4, results still not in from lab. Until the results are in LE can't arrest. I am confident that they will arrest as soon as the results are in.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22122212/detail.html

I wouldn't be surprised either. I liked this quote "The sheriff's office said the investigation is in a stage that can be described as "focused and streamlined." I take this to mean they have a suspect and they are currently putting the evidence together, dotting the i's & crossing the t's before an arrest. Wishful thinking perhaps, but that is the way I read it.:dance:

Quoted from article: The sheriff's office said the investigation is in a stage that can be described as "focused and streamlined."

IMO, sounds to me like they have a suspect or suspects, and are waiting on the forensics.

I've always thought that part of the delay in making an arrest in the case is tying the suspect to the different crime scenes---we know that she was killed in one place and then put into the dumpster. They have to link the person to the spot she was taken from, place where she was killed, possible transport by vehicle to the dumpster, and then the dumpster.

Just using this as an example: If she was sexually assaulted, and they are able to match DNA evidence found on her, that still doesn't prove who abducted and killed her. The suspect could potentially say, well yeah I raped her, but she was alive and well when I left. They would still need evidence that ties him to the abduction and murder. KWIM?

The DNA under her nails will nail the SOB and company. Remember the Sheriff said that the suspect has cuts. They know it's a male because I guess that DNA is quick.

Hi All! I have been mostly lurking and and reading comments left on news stories message boards when Somer initially went missing. The comments left under this news story erased any and all doubt from my mind that Somer roamed the neighborhood alone and often. So heartbreaking. :(

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21346658/detail.html

orangeparkresident 2 months ago
as a family friend did you tell the family it is important that the family not lie. they said she likes to stay inside and hang out with the family and that is a lie. i live in the neighborhood and i see this little girl out walking alone alot.

Perhaps for the purposes of the investigation, GANO being in the vicinity of where Somer was last seen, LE would have contacted the company in charge of scheduling pick up and ordered them to also unload at the landfill at the same time the other trucks were going. There would have been LE assigned to that truck to watch its contents being unloaded also. As a matter of fact, is there trash compaction in the cases of construction dumpsters? I would not think so, since the contents are nails and boards, etc. Why would they compact that? That makes me think that perhaps (if she was in that dumpster) she would not have been compacted, hence she would be suitable for viewing if there had not been disfigurement/dismemeberment/slashing, etc.

As far as the dumping of her body, would the perp know that this dumpster was on a different schedule from the others, and would that make him more likely to choose that certain area to murder the child and put her in that particular dumpster for a reason? This would show premeditation, certainly.

Does this make sense to anyone? TIA

I don't know about OP, but construction dumpsters where I live are NOT dumped at the landfill. They go to special construction sites-either for recycling or put in some kind of hazardous waste, such as roofing shingles. I seriously doubt that the dumpster goes to a regular landfill in Florida either. They have far more issues with groundwater being close to the surface and swamps, etc that we have where I live.

If you will look at the videos, it shows the dumpster as full. I cannot see anyway that she was in that particular dumpster. Plus, it appears to be in front of the house, not the back. Am I right about that?

another interesting post concerning the backpack

consurnedmomof3 2 months ago
the back pack was a hannah montana backpack with pink skulls. my daughter has the same one. i hope they find her alive and safe. I feel for her parents.

Hi All! I have been mostly lurking and and reading comments left on news stories message boards when Somer initially went missing. The comments left under this news story erased any and all doubt from my mind that Somer roamed the neighborhood alone and often. So heartbreaking. :(

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21346658/detail.html

orangeparkresident 2 months ago
as a family friend did you tell the family it is important that the family not lie. they said she likes to stay inside and hang out with the family and that is a lie. i live in the neighborhood and i see this little girl out walking alone alot.

Same poster also wrote this.

"I walk my kids to and from school everyday and the very first day she met me she invited herself to my home. As a mother I told her that was not safe and she needed to go straight home. My neighbors that walk at night said that when they walk she will talk to them. She has no fear of people and seems to be very trust worthy of others. I have also heard that she has ran away before. Being a member of this neighborhood I can tell you the "reality" is this mother did not watch her daughter. I would never let my children go out walking alone and 2 of them are older than Somer. I am not blaming the mother but I do know I am not missing any of my kids cause I have rules and guide lines they have to follow. I also know it is very unlikely that she would go missing off of Gano Ave. The streets are covered with kids, parents, crossing guards and cops. I will probably be stoned for saying this but I do believe there is a whole lot the parents aren't saying."

She also wrote that school lets out at 2:30.

These are all her 28 posts.

All my opinion not fact.

http://disqus.com/orangeparkresident/

I was really hoping we would have some sort of suspect in custody by now.

I don't know about OP, but construction dumpsters where I live are NOT dumped at the landfill. They go to special construction sites-either for recycling or put in some kind of hazardous waste, such as roofing shingles. I seriously doubt that the dumpster goes to a regular landfill in Florida either. They have far more issues with groundwater being close to the surface and swamps, etc that we have where I live.

If you will look at the videos, it shows the dumpster as full. I cannot see anyway that she was in that particular dumpster. Plus, it appears to be in front of the house, not the back. Am I right about that?

yes maam. Front side yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members