FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this POI (Jarred) is Somer's killer, I won't be surprised if this is the first time he has killed.

I think because his mother and step-father moved out of the house just two weeks prior to Somer's abduction and murder, means it was his first opportunity to commit this kind of violent crime in privacy.

I'm a bit surprised that he disposed of her body as quickly as he did (if he committed the crime), though. That part has me a bit confused...

Would a novice at child abduction and murder be that quick thinking to be rid of the body that fast? Or, does that make sense that he would, maybe in horror and revulsion at what he had done want to dispose of her quickly?

If it hadn't been for that quick thinking cop's idea of following the trash trucks to the landfill, Somer's body may have still never been found. She may have still been another 'missing' child, as far as anyone knew. (This fact alone has made long think her killer was someone with 'experience').

Statistics show that most children who are abducted by predators are killed within the first couple of hours. After their despicable disgusting act, they likely don't want to have to listen to a poor innocent child cry in terror and agony, IDK. The news that she was missing and a big search getting underway, I am sure would have him wanting to get rid of her body ASAP.
A case i keep referring to, Holly Jones, he took her, raped her, killed and dismembered her, and disposed of her body all within a few hour time frame. It was his first time apparently, and his last as he will never get out of prison!

I realize this is may not be a true article considering the source, but given the circumstances, it might be relevant:

http://books.google.com/books?id=d-wDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA20&lpg=PA20&dq=annis+mizelle&source=bl&ots=TdTgnLsA_v&sig=304Kepgxj_JxZsWpA7D8pCllwKY&hl=en&ei=Pud0S8H3I5_f8Aakz_XzCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CAwQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=annis%20mizelle&f=false

If this is not his mom, I would be shocked.

Mom has an FB with her married name (married to owner of the home).

Her daughter is her friend. Daughter is owner of home where POI lived when he was arrested for several traffic violations.

Mom has a classmates page with her married and maiden names (and a newer photo).

This here are minutes to an amateur radio meeting linking mom and step-dad together with their call signal: http://www.ccars.org/minutes/2009/040409.pdf

this is what Eliza found

this is what Eliza found

Thanks Maven for bringing that post here for smart blonde and QueenD to see.

I was over at news4jax posting a message on Jennifer Bauer's blog since she is in Mississippi trying to dig up dirt on this guy from the locals. I asked her if she could ask around about the lady in that Weekly World News article.

Do y'all want a play-by-play of news4jax's noon broadcast, or should I just skip it?

Do y'all want a play-by-play of news4jax's noon broadcast, or should I just skip it?

Thanks for the heads up... I just turned on Channel 4.

Jennifer Bauer just said that it will have to wait until Tuesday due to the weather.

please share any info you have! It's very much appreciated!

She just spoke to JH's aunt who has the last name of the lady in the Weekly World News article... She has got to be related.

Edited to add: The aunt's initials are KM.

Also, they just interviewed neighbors on Gano where JH lived and if I heard her right, he rarely came outside but would go outside to smoke cigarettes while the kids were going home from school. Someone please correct me if I heard that wrong.

this is what Eliza found
OMG.

Thank you so much for that link.

According to that Weekly World News article, dated 1989, "the authorities removed the 8 year old girl and her 3 year old brother".

The ages line up for the now 24 year old Jarred to be the 3 year old brother referred to in the article!

news4jax, Jennifer Bauer reporting live from Mississippi:

After 12 noon, expecting roads to ice, too dangerous to drive, so no court today.

<Wow - look at all that snow at his aunt's house.>

KrMiz - aunt he lived with - having a hard time believing all that they are saying about him. [But she did say more and it will be on later today.]

Aunt wasn't home when he was arrested. Doesn't know where he was when he was arrested.

He just moved there a couple of weeks ago.
=========================

Showing graphic w/map showing house. Melanie Lawson reporting.

Spoke to neighbors across the street. Said he was very weird. Said they rarely saw him outside. Neighbors said they moved out in January.

Sat outside and waved.

Would only go outside to smoke when kids were coming and going from school.

Drove white camaro.

==========================

Today at 5 pm -
Why wasn't Jarred in jail. [JWaugh],
some other story about the child *advertiser censored*, maybe his fmr roommate [Casey Black].

L - The mom lives in Callahan now... as per her FB.

Does anyone have links to the mom and step dad picture(s)?
Since Mom lives where I am, I wanted to see if I recongize either of the two.
Callahan isn't that big!
Thanks.

Oh boy. You cant help but wonder now what would have happened had he been charged when the computer was turned over or shortly thereafter.

Gulp.

Ok, so not only did the former roomate and her parents turn over his computer, but they notified the police when they spoted Harrell's car on Gano, after Somer disappeared.

They knew about this guy for a long time.

Why did it take so long to get him?

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2010-02-12/story/man_of_interest_named_in_somer_thompson_slaying

on HLN........little girl 6-8 year old pix on computer.......LE won't say if it is alive Somer!!!
Art Harris on HLN.........wonder what he will write in his article!

If it was Jarred, I wonder if he acted alone, or if he had 'help'. Pedophiles have a way of finding each other. Pedophiles also have a way of bragging to reach other, and comparing notes.

Also, his computer with the *advertiser censored* was turned in by his former room-mate to the authorities in August- 2 months before Somer was murdered. Any chance he had photos of Somer on the computer? Even so-called innocent pics of her walking by the house, taken a couple of months before the crime?

I'm just speculating as to what it was that led the authorities to name Jarred as a 'Person of Interest'. In this day and age, being named a POI is a pretty serious thing- the same as being called a 'suspect' ten years ago.

I've been keeping up and I haven't seen this mentioned.

Sorry if I missed it.

It seems that whatever happened to Somer happened in that house. I don't know that the searches would be so detailed if it was just his place of residence. I believe that given the digging in the yard, they believe this is where she was killed.

But, if that's the case, what dumpster did he put her body in? Is there one nearby? The house was right in the middle of all of the action the night of 10/18 and forward. Would he really have been able to carry her out without being noticed?

Dear Mods, can we have a thread on this monster?
I hate to see him on our Sommer's thread!

also did he have employment?
how did he live, the camaro pix I saw looked fairly new???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1